url

how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000

0
csull (4)

no way to use the "send to" function??
"Wolfman" <Wolfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> csull,
>
> Create a new Message and then in the body literally type the url out.
>
> eg.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ash.

0
csull (4)
7/13/2004 2:32:50 PM
What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu?

Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto) sends
links, not the attachments.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"csull" <csull@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000

0
dianenws (1904)
7/13/2004 4:10:08 PM
just installed the workaround from slipstick and it does the job....I knew
there was something on that site that would do the trick... just couldn't
find it...thank you very much Diane.
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu?
>
> Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto)
sends
> links, not the attachments.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
> Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/
>
> "csull" <csull@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000

0
csull (4)

How To Track Clicks from your MS Word Resume using a URL shortener
Like many people with a technical background, I have lots of links in my resume to companies I have worked for and projects I have completed. When I send out a resume I would like to know whether people click on the links in the resume, but normally I can only get stats for sites I control (using Google Analytics Campaign Tracking). By using a URL shortening service I can embed links that are specific to the resume that I sent, and I can track every click on that link from that specific resume. The only problem here is that creating those links is time consuming, especially if yo...

Inserting a URL
Hi, I was wondering if Great Plains supports inserting a link into one of the records so the user will be able to look up an Invoice in GP and find a link that will point to some other type of info. So when the user pulls up Invoice Number 123 there will also be a link/URL in one of the fields to http://www.InvoiceInfo123.com Thanks, Andy Andrew, It depends. The italic i icon let's you add links to some records. You may be able to use the Extender product as well. I haven't had time to play with it. The Notes area can be used to attach files or links to files such as Wo...

url
how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000 no way to use the "send to" function?? "Wolfman" <Wolfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:741252C1-4C9B-46DC-A3E6-337D4255A7C1@microsoft.com... > csull, > > Create a new Message and then in the body literally type the url out. > > eg. > > http://www.microsoft.com > > -- > Regards, > Ash. What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu? Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto) sends links, not the attachments. -- Diane Po...

Sending a link chops URL's with Outlook 2007!?#
Whenever I "send link" from a browser, using Outlook 2007, it not only uses plain text formatting, but also chops long URL's with a newline. I want my emails sent with HTML formatting. And if I reply to a plain text email containing a long URL, this gets chopped too! I find this most annoying, as do the message recipients. Is there a way to fix this, or should I just use a better email client like Outlook Express or Thunderbird? Thanks for your help. Outlook does it because the line length for plain text is 76 char (tools, options, mail format tab, international button...

How to set different URLs to IE for nevigating to different sites
I want to open a IE window through a program Then I will open a perticular site say "http://www.yahoo.com" in the same IE window through the same program Then after some time say delay of 1 min I want to open other site say "http://hotmail.com" in the same window throug same program Could you please tell me how to do this Thanks Shr You can use IEs object model to automate it. What you are asking is exposed thru its object model. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Shri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D244A9C8-...

URL problem?
When I hit start and go to internet, the timer comes on and then goes off without opening up the web page. When I go to tools and click on the accounts tab, click on general, the explorer address is gray, locked and set for mozilla. I just want to get to internet explorer like I used to! Help! I am the administrator of this computer! Linda I would suggest posting to group, that is relevant for your operating system. Linda wrote: > When I hit start and go to internet, the timer comes on > and then goes off without opening up the web page. When > I go to tools and click...

HTTPS OFXServer URL
Hi, I'm using MSMoney 2005 and the following problem occurs: i'm trying to do an Account Update. I'm using fiddler to lookup the URL that MSMoney 2005 is trying to access. When i begin the update, MSMoney 2005 tries to access the OFXServer's URL, but the request is HTTP. It should be HTTPS! So, fiddler returns the Http 504 code. How can i force MSMoney 2005 to access the correct URL (with HTTPS) instead of HTTP? Regards, Marco. In microsoft.public.money, marco.a.mendonca@gmail.com wrote: > > >I'm using MSMoney 2005 and the following problem occurs: i'm tryi...

Excel 2000 Step By Step. What URL to use in Lesson 8?
p 151 tells us to enter a url for importing data from web. But which URL? I'm connected to web and have installed cd to my pc. I found the correct errata in mspress for this book but it doesn't list the missing url as an error. thanks I suspect that as the data was for xl2000 that the url is no longer available. "dougcsdp" wrote: > p 151 tells us to enter a url for importing data from web. But which URL? > I'm connected to web and have installed cd to my pc. > I found the correct errata in mspress for this book but it doesn't list the > missing...

URL e-mail attachments open minimized in IE
This didn't always happen in Outlook 2002. Can someone please help me restore this? TIA ...

ShellExecute won't allow URL's.
I have a fairly large MFC app that is written mainly in C++. The app uses several .dll's, most of which are C++ but some are C# and some are mixed C++ managed/unmanaged code. In one of the C++ unmanaged .dll's, I have the following code which is called from the same module in the same .dll: /********************************* BOOL CMarcRichCtrl::LaunchInternetBrowser(CString &csAddress) { CString s ; HINSTANCE Handle ; if ( !csAddress.IsEmpty() && csAddress.Find( ' ' ) != -1 ) { s = '"' ; s += csAddress ; s +=...

URL message
I keep receiving a message that my URL is preventing the server to move on to my mail box--or to anything requiring a paaword or secure place . Any ideas??? Thanks. PP That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Pat Pate" <p.raines@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message = news:O1bAwTuvKHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP02.ph...

URL?
I ran the default install for the adventure works demo last night. I cannot connect to the server via IE. Can anyone confirmt the URL I am supposed to be using? Sarah http://localhost or http://servername (where servername is your server's name). You can also try IP address to see if you can connect. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Sarah" <Sarah@TerraTrading.com> wrote in message news:eP94ubYZDHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I ran the default install for the adventure works demo last night. > I ...

How to get URL-Shortcuts workable? (OL 2007, vista, IE7.0)
Hello, someone knows where are the settings for the "build in" Internet-Browser? For example, when I press CTRL+7 I could open the "Microsoft Office Online" website, but I get script-errors and picture links are disabled, this make the website-view inside Outlook nearly unusable. Peter Outlook offers just limited support as a browser - anything that can be dangerous is disabled. You'll need to view it in IE. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook ...

What string to pass in URL to open report viewer in a new window?
I'm just launching a report via URL and passing a couple of parameters. What can I use within the URL to cause the report viewer to open in a new window (similar to &rs:Format=Excel)? This hyperlink is external to any SQL Reporting Services report (not using "Jump to URL" within a report). Just a simple external hyperlink. Thanks! Andy Novak UNT ...

How to place a url or pic in a cell
How do I place a url address or pic in a cell of Excel 2003 without the cell expanding 3 times the size? Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lisa" <lbierer@ucsd.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0ae701c4aafe$a4119f90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I place a url address or pic in a cell of Excel > 2003 without the cell expanding 3 times the size? > Lisa Wrote: > How do I place a url address or pic in a cell of Excel > 2003 without the cell expanding 3 times the size? For a simple URL, right click the cell, select Hyperlink.. Typ...

Fixed URL
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C42EA6.A9366660 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I keep the same URL for all my web page and not having all the = detailled adresses of the sub-pages? Thanks Arno ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C42EA6.A9366660 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type...

CRM Sales for Outlook URL issues during install
When running the CRM Sales for Outlook it requires a url Example http://server%name I get an error message that states the following "Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook cannot find an instance of the Micrososoft CRM Server components at 'http://192.168.1.254'." Yes it says "...Micrososoft..." besides the point. I also try WINS name and FQDN with no success. Any ideas of what I might be missing? ...

URL Length
Is there ANY way to shorten the length of the URL's tied to a document library or the documents within? Right now I'm hitting the maximum length when sending out links to documents and it's creating a lot of headaches. I know there are small ways such as not using spaces in titles, minimal folder, etc but I'm looking for a more useful method. This must be a very common issue so any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Thanks, Brad URL's are what they are and they are completely controlled by you: how you name the server, how you name the sites, the sub...

URL Links do not work
It seems that no URL links work. I get no error - in fact nothing happens at all. I can copy the link into the browser and it works fine. I am using WLM Desktop Beta on Vista with all updates. I have reset defaults for IE (8). How you fix it depends on what version of Windows OS you are using. Give us more details about your system. "gjs92" wrote in message=20 news:56782613-3581-4F71-99B7-50CD1B6930EF@microsoft.com... It seems that no URL links work. I get no error - in fact nothing = happens=20 at all. I can copy the link into the browser and it works fine. ...

Auto-redirect http://server OWA URL to https://server/exchange OWA URL?
Can anyone point me at a definitive guide for the instructions for redirecting an incoming request to my OWA server, so that user's can simply point to an url (i.e. http://webmail.company.com) and they will automatically be redirected to the secure OWA URL (i.e. https://webmail.company.com/exchange)? I've seen two or three iterations on the web, yet they all seem to differ in their instructions (or at worst, leave out steps.) Thanks in advance. The easiest way would be to create a default asp page at http://webmail.company.com that contains the following code <% response.r...

url attachment
Hi all, someone I know has sent an link as a url attachment. Outlook 2003 has blocked it. How do I unblock it? TIA! See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm <param@community.nospam> wrote in message news:edTFuxfIGHA.3752@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, someone I know has sent an link as a url attachment. Outlook 2003 > has blocked it. How do I unblock it? ...

Extracting Urls into another column.
Hi, as a web developer I often have a list of Links that i need to work on. When I copy from a webpage and paste into Excel I get the Linktexts (ie. _MY_WEBSITE_ ) and would like to have the Url (Webadress) 'behind' this text in another column (ie. www.mywebsite.com). The macro I have managed only copies the Linktext (with the recording function) Thanks for any help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could write your own (a userdefined function). I used ctrl-K (insert|Hyperlink) to create the link: Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String ...

Post URL workflow: failed to connect the URL
I created my first Web service, got a nice clean compile, data moving into CRM tables, and I can open this web page up manually, enter a Sales Order ID, and send an email, so I'm almost there. I'm trying to move into production, which means attaching this Web service to a postURL workflow rule. But I am getting errors "failed to connect the URL". Here's what I did: 1) Moved these files into the \inetpub\wwwroot\VSC\ISV\CreateEmailActivity folder: a. CreateEmailActivity.asmx b. CreateEmailActivity.asmx.cs c. CreateEmailActivity.asmx.resx 2) Moved these files i...

Changing URL in link
I have been given an URL so that I can provide a link from my site (designed with Publisher 97). Up to now, I have never had a problem with a link, but for some reason or other, when I paste this link, the ending of which is tformdisplay?xr4=&formts=2006-04-18%2019 and then preview my site, the link displays instead as tformdisplay?xr4=&formts=2006-04-18%252019 I go back to the hyperlink combo box, and the link is pasted correctly, but when I preview it, it again reads incorrectly - inserting the extra "52" into the string. Any ideas would be appreciated. Jim Lidda...

converting plain text url to http link
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, I have a sheet with a column containing on each row a url such as http://www.mydomain.com The format of the cells is "General" as that is how the file is provided to me. How can I instantly/immediately convert the format so that I can click the cell with a url and go to the website? I mean for the whole column at once, etc. Possible? Sub MakeHyperlinks() 'David McRitchie Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues)) With Worksheets(1) .Hyperli...