url attachment

Hi all, someone I know has sent an link as a url attachment. Outlook 2003
has blocked it. How do I unblock it?

TIA!

0
param (22)

See if the info here helps:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

<param@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi all, someone I know has sent an link as a url attachment. Outlook 2003
> has blocked it. How do I unblock it?

0
vince8328 (2733)

opening safe attachments
Whenever anyone sends me any attachment, Outlook blocks me from opening it, including .doc files which I need to open. How do I tell Outlook to allow me to open these files? Goto Outlook->Tools->Options->Security tab-> and UNCHECK "Do Not allow attachement to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus. RS "just wondering" <just wondering@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBD9F205-A4B3-4582-9EF4-AE28907F8CBF@microsoft.com... > Whenever anyone sends me any attachment, Outlook blocks me from opening it, > including .doc files w...

Receiving Attachments #2
I'm trying to email an .exe attachment to someone. I know how, in OE, to go into Tools/Security and uncheck the option of not allowing attachments. This person is using Microsoft Outlook. I can't find a similar option in Outlook to allow .exe attachments. Does anyone know how to make it work? Thanks! Scott Put it in a zip file and send the zip file. Larry "Scott" <golden@uslink.net> wrote in message news:46CF4287.B87C5F1@uslink.net... > I'm trying to email an .exe attachment to someone. I know how, in OE, to > go into Tools/Security and uncheck the opti...

Attachment Icon on Preview Pane
How can I modify Outlook 2002 to display the 'clip' icon on the preview pane for attachments? I am used to working with Outlook 2000 which always displays any attachments as a clip towards the right side of the preview pane. I cannot figure out how to do that in XP. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Jay You can't change this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Stripping Attachments
Recently I installed Small Business Server 2003 and configured the saving of stripped attachments to a folder on the hard drive of the server (for inspection purposes) However this is becoming tedious now since the anti-virus software is forever reporting these stripped attachments twice (once for when it Exchange 2003 did the strip and again from the saved file). So can someone please help me out and tell me where I can turn OFF the option to save the stripped attachments to file. Thanks very much. :-) Christian. Not sure (I'm sure an E2k3 guru will post) but you might also wa...

How To Track Clicks from your MS Word Resume using a URL shortener
Like many people with a technical background, I have lots of links in my resume to companies I have worked for and projects I have completed. When I send out a resume I would like to know whether people click on the links in the resume, but normally I can only get stats for sites I control (using Google Analytics Campaign Tracking). By using a URL shortening service I can embed links that are specific to the resume that I sent, and I can track every click on that link from that specific resume. The only problem here is that creating those links is time consuming, especially if yo...

Code for emailing Excel workbooks will only attach activeworkbook
Hi, Ok so when a non-programmer tries to take code and "tweak it" for a different use...here's what happens....it doesn't work. Can anyone help? What I've got is an Excel file I'm using as a template. I run a macro (not the one below) to create a report for Zone 1. I save the file with a name like "December report - Zone 1". Then I run the macro for Zone 2 and save the file with a name like "December report - Zone 2" and so on for many zones. Within the Excel file there is a sheet called Email. On the Email sheet, starting wit...

Inserting a URL
Hi, I was wondering if Great Plains supports inserting a link into one of the records so the user will be able to look up an Invoice in GP and find a link that will point to some other type of info. So when the user pulls up Invoice Number 123 there will also be a link/URL in one of the fields to http://www.InvoiceInfo123.com Thanks, Andy Andrew, It depends. The italic i icon let's you add links to some records. You may be able to use the Extender product as well. I haven't had time to play with it. The Notes area can be used to attach files or links to files such as Wo...

Outlook Express Attachments #11
Can anyone tell me why, when anybody sends me an email, Outlook Express automatically deletes the attachment and notes that it was unsafe. I have family that sends me mail and the same thing happens. Is there a way to change the default to stop this ? Thanks Tools, Options, Security. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Sinder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ec701c3e520$1e4ad240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell ...

Attachments and Signatures
Whenever I right click a file and say send to a mail recepient, it puts the phrase "Your files are attached and ready to send with this message." in the message and does not use my signature. I do not want this to happen and can not find where to change this... Any and all assistance is appreciated... Thanks, Mark ...

url
how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000 no way to use the "send to" function?? "Wolfman" <Wolfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:741252C1-4C9B-46DC-A3E6-337D4255A7C1@microsoft.com... > csull, > > Create a new Message and then in the body literally type the url out. > > eg. > > http://www.microsoft.com > > -- > Regards, > Ash. What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu? Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto) sends links, not the attachments. -- Diane Po...

Opening Attachments
I have a PowerBook G4, Mac OS X operating system. I am using Microsoft Office X. I have Windows Media installed. However, when I get an attachment, either .pp or .wmv, I cannot open, even though I drag the icon to the desk top. When I try to open the ..pp attachment, I get a New Message box, offering me the opportunity to send the attachment to someone else. Thanks for your help. Margaret Hi there. It sounds like the file is still associated with your email client. Unlike windows, Mac OSX doesn't use the filename extension to identify which program to use, it uses what is known a...

How to set different URLs to IE for nevigating to different sites
I want to open a IE window through a program Then I will open a perticular site say "http://www.yahoo.com" in the same IE window through the same program Then after some time say delay of 1 min I want to open other site say "http://hotmail.com" in the same window throug same program Could you please tell me how to do this Thanks Shr You can use IEs object model to automate it. What you are asking is exposed thru its object model. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Shri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D244A9C8-...

jpg files as attachments in OE6
When I send jpg files as attachments they show their title in the e-mail + the full picture(s) in the body of the receiver of the e-mail. One picture, there is no problem but 10!!! The receiver throws the e-mail away. How can I prevent it? I checked a thread dated 12/27/2006 but there it's the sender who does not want to see the pictures. When I send the message there is no picture in the body of the e-mail. I have Word 2002 and Outlook which I use only to store old messages and never use to send. Thank you. OE places a *copy* of a graphic attachment *after* the ...

Sending a link chops URL's with Outlook 2007!?#
Whenever I "send link" from a browser, using Outlook 2007, it not only uses plain text formatting, but also chops long URL's with a newline. I want my emails sent with HTML formatting. And if I reply to a plain text email containing a long URL, this gets chopped too! I find this most annoying, as do the message recipients. Is there a way to fix this, or should I just use a better email client like Outlook Express or Thunderbird? Thanks for your help. Outlook does it because the line length for plain text is 76 char (tools, options, mail format tab, international button...

URL problem?
When I hit start and go to internet, the timer comes on and then goes off without opening up the web page. When I go to tools and click on the accounts tab, click on general, the explorer address is gray, locked and set for mozilla. I just want to get to internet explorer like I used to! Help! I am the administrator of this computer! Linda I would suggest posting to group, that is relevant for your operating system. Linda wrote: > When I hit start and go to internet, the timer comes on > and then goes off without opening up the web page. When > I go to tools and click...

Sending a workbook as a mail attachment
Hey Folks, Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather then having the reps remember to send the workbook i'd like to have it send itself automatically - say on Saturdays or Sundays. Ideas? Nel post news:1165167749.298713.321880@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com *Gord* ha scritto: > Hey Folks, > > Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an > time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather > then having the reps remember to send the wor...

Saving attachments #7
While working in Outlook I accidentally hit "save" instead of "save as" and the attachment from email will get saved in the temp OKL folder. Periodically, I'll go to this folder and clean it out - put files into different folders where they belong. When I went to do this yesterday, the window showed no files but when I went up one step and checked the properties of the OKL folder, it says I have 944 files in there. Any ideas what's happening here, I'm trying to clear up disk space. ...

HTTPS OFXServer URL
Hi, I'm using MSMoney 2005 and the following problem occurs: i'm trying to do an Account Update. I'm using fiddler to lookup the URL that MSMoney 2005 is trying to access. When i begin the update, MSMoney 2005 tries to access the OFXServer's URL, but the request is HTTP. It should be HTTPS! So, fiddler returns the Http 504 code. How can i force MSMoney 2005 to access the correct URL (with HTTPS) instead of HTTP? Regards, Marco. In microsoft.public.money, marco.a.mendonca@gmail.com wrote: > > >I'm using MSMoney 2005 and the following problem occurs: i'm tryi...

Problem Attaching Notes
Whenever we try to add a note to a purchase order (next to the PO number), we can enter a note, but when we click "Attach," we get a message saying "The note ID has not been set." This is only happening on this particular note screen. Does anyone know how to get rid of this error? We have something similar with Payables Batch IDs' and have found that you have to save the batch prior to adding notes. A bit of a nonsense but it musn't create the note index until you've hit save. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

test attach
hello attached.... OK begin 666 hello.txt M<W1A<G0@871T86-H;65N= T*#0H-"FAE;&QO,0T*:&5L;&\R#0IH96QL;S,- H"@T*#0H-"@T*#0H-"@T*#0IH96QL;R!N#0IE;F0@871T86-H96UN= `` ` end test 2 "saira" <samar_saira@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:eUw01$0KIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hello attached.... > OK > > > begin 666 hello.txt M<W1A<G0@871T86-H;65N= T*#0H-"FAE;&QO,0T*:&5L;&\R#0IH96QL;S,- H"@T*#0H-"@T*#0H-"@T*#0IH96QL;R!N#0IE;F0@871T86-H96UN= `` ` end CIAO.DOVE SIETI? "saira" ...

Archivesink and email attachments
What becomes of attachments to emails archived with Archivesink? Is journaling the only solution to preserve message and attachment other than 3rd party tools? -- Thanks, Peter ...

Excel 2000 Step By Step. What URL to use in Lesson 8?
p 151 tells us to enter a url for importing data from web. But which URL? I'm connected to web and have installed cd to my pc. I found the correct errata in mspress for this book but it doesn't list the missing url as an error. thanks I suspect that as the data was for xl2000 that the url is no longer available. "dougcsdp" wrote: > p 151 tells us to enter a url for importing data from web. But which URL? > I'm connected to web and have installed cd to my pc. > I found the correct errata in mspress for this book but it doesn't list the > missing...

URL e-mail attachments open minimized in IE
This didn't always happen in Outlook 2002. Can someone please help me restore this? TIA ...

Multiple Attachments
I have created a newsletter in Microsoft Outlook which contains a few pictures and a table. For some reason, when I sent it, it contained a load of attachments, which I did not want. I have been editing the email regularly and every time I edit it the attachments double. It now contains over 60, but when I send the email I can't see that there are any attachments. What is going on? And how can I stop it? I am using Word as my email editor and keep saving the message to my Drafts folder. When I send it to test, I forward it. Is this the problem? ...

Deleting Attachments from Outlook Express
I would like to delete these attachments from emails in Outlook Express. How is that done? My file is getting huge with all these files. Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress fo...