Urgent Help Needed

Hi

Every now and then (but becoming more and more) when I send an email,
everything looks fine but as soon as gets into sent items or the
recipient receives it they see it as loads of questions marks and the
odd 4 or 5 and I can see it in my sent items as this......as below: I
cannot type after this on this messages because the text is then back
to front???? I have done an example in normal letters after the symbols
which says Hello, my name is Kelly.

⁦桷捩⁨牡⁥癡楡慬汢⁥湯爠煥敵瑳*潎瘠牡
慩楴湯眠汩敢愠捣灥慴汢⁥湵敬獳攠瑩敨

Hello, my name is Kelly

--
Spanner

That is the raw HTML code for chinese text.

Version of Outlook? What languages are installed?  If outlook 2007, did you
install the cumulative update?
(http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090226.htm#1)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Spanner" <Spanner.3fe9712@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Every now and then (but becoming more and more) when I send an email,
> everything looks fine but as soon as gets into sent items or the
> recipient receives it they see it as loads of questions marks and the
> odd 4 or 5 and I can see it in my sent items as this......as below: I
> cannot type after this on this messages because the text is then back
> to front???? I have done an example in normal letters after the symbols
> which says Hello, my name is Kelly.
>
> &#8294;&#26743;&#25449;&#8296;&#29281;&#8293;&#30305;&#26977;&#24940;&#27746;&#8293;&#28271;&#29216;&#29029;&#25973;&#29811;*&#28494;&#30240;&#29281;
> &#24937;&#26996;&#28271;&#30496;&#27753;&#8300;&#25954;&#24864;&#25443;&#28773;&#24948;&#27746;&#8293;&#28277;&#25964;&#29555;&#25888;&#29801;&#25960;
>
> Hello, my name is Kelly
>

> --
> Spanner

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/12/2009 12:52:08 PM
Hi

Thanks for that! Tried the link but not much happened. I have all my
settings for English so not sure what is happening?

--
Spanner
"Spanner" <Spanner.3fe9712@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Every now and then (but becoming more and more) when I send an email,
> everything looks fine but as soon as gets into sent items or the
> recipient receives it they see it as loads of questions marks and the
> odd 4 or 5 and I can see it in my sent items as this......as below: I
> cannot type after this on this messages because the text is then back
> to front???? I have done an example in normal letters after the symbols
> which says Hello, my name is Kelly.

Diane's comment causes me to remember seveal threads here that states how the
antispam program BullGuard causes messages to be in Chinese.
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2B+bullguard+%2B+outlook+%2Bchinese)
Are you using BullGuard?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16051)
3/12/2009 6:34:08 PM
"Spanner" <Spanner.3ff3fd0@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Thanks for that! Tried the link but not much happened. I have all my
> settings for English so not sure what is happening?

Who are you talking to?
Please QUOTE the post you are replying to.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Are you using BullGuard security software? It's known to cause this problem.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Spanner" <Spanner.3ff3fd0@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> Thanks for that! Tried the link but not much happened. I have all my
> settings for English so not sure what is happening?
>

> --
> Spanner

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/13/2009 2:59:25 AM
'Diane Poremsky [MVP Wrote:
> ;296402']Are you using BullGuard security software? It's known to cause
> this problem.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
> your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Spanner" Spanner.3ff3fd0@outlookbanter.com wrote in message
>
> Hi
>
> Thanks for that! Tried the link but not much happened. I have all my
> settings for English so not sure what is happening?
>

> --
> Spanner -

Sorry, first time I have used this site. To all replies, yes, indeed I
am using Bullguard! Is there something I need to do to change settings
etc?

Many thanks

--
Spanner
There is a known issue with a recent update (brian's link contained posts

--

"Spanner" <Spanner.3ffe88f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> 'Diane Poremsky [MVP Wrote:
>> ;296402']Are you using BullGuard security software? It's known to cause
>> this problem.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "Spanner" Spanner.3ff3fd0@outlookbanter.com wrote in message
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Thanks for that! Tried the link but not much happened. I have all my
>> settings for English so not sure what is happening?
>>

>> --
>> Spanner -
>
> Sorry, first time I have used this site. To all replies, yes, indeed I
> am using Bullguard! Is there something I need to do to change settings
> etc?
>
> Many thanks
>

> --
> Spanner

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Help in assigning a command button
Hi, First of all, please excuse the crudeness of my code...I'm still learning, but it works!! Plus, I'm running Excel 97, my employer is woefully out of date!! Anyways, I really want a dialog box to pop up with a space to fill in for text to search an entire workbook for a name. The included code selects all worksheets within my workbook then brings up the ctrl+f box, but I'd like it to be a bit sleeker with the dialog box then go straight to the text (in whatever worksheet). Any ideas? Many thanks in advance, Fybo. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro rec...

need help with compounding and accumulating formula...
Hi, :) I am trying to do a compounding formula, 75% compounding daily and 25% is accumulating profit daily, the thing i am finding difficult is working out the accumulated profit as it is not being compounded... but is derived from the daily compounded amount. my data: $1000 0.5% daily interest calculated daily for 180 days daily compounding 75% daily profit 25% The formulas i am using are: 75% compounding 1000 * (1 + (0.5*0.75) / 365) ^ 180 and for the 25% accumulating, i am using 1000 * (1 + (120*25%) / 365) ^ 90 however this is incorrect as it is also compounding the 25% which is no...

IF Statement, Group Adding, Please help me
I have a problem in using an If Statement and adding statement together. A B C D Carl 1 2 3 1 2 Luis 1 1 11 Jim 1 1 1 I am trying to make an if statement where if there is anything as in letters or words in column A, it will add whatever is in cell B and C. So the 2nd row plus the 3rd row plus the last row will equal to 7. Since the 3rd row has nothing in column A, it will not add C's value. I would need the answer in one cell that adds up the whole result to 7. Thanks for the help. Hard to do a SUMIF for criterion...

Help with batch production and Solver
Hi and a happy new year! I still got problems with an production optimization. In the attached excel file you will find demand data, maximum and minimum stocks, production capacity and stocks for 13 months I need to satisfy demand each month by the use of stocks, new production or purchase. The use of stocks is the cheapest alternative and purchase the most expensive alternative. The sum of provided quantities times costs should be minimzed. My problem is the following: The production should happen in batches of at least 500 pieces (if capacity is sufficient) or should be zer...

Help converting vlookup to VB code and run in loop
I have the following formular working on "sheet21" in cells E4 to AR53 but want to run it though a loop in VB on opening sheet. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(ABS((SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(schedul e!E43,"M",""),"T",""),"P","")," ",""))),Product!$A:$K,2,FALSE)),schedule!E43,VLOOKUP(ABS((SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTIT UTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(schedule!E43,"M",""),"T",""),"P","")," ",""))),Product!$A:$K,2,FALSE)) Thanks for any he...

Like criteria on a combo box ot working the way I want... Please help!
All, Below is a the standard code I use in a combo box. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[llListingID] = " & str(Nz(Me![cboTerritoryName], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Me.Form.AllowAdditions = False The query used to find the data is... SELECT qryLister.llListingID, qryLister.llTerritoryName FROM qryLister WHERE (((qryLister.llTerritoryName) Like "*"+[Enter any part of Territory Name:]+"*")); All works fine for the first look-up. But in order to refresh the combo box so it allows one to &...

Add a line in a chart....help...
I have a spreadsheet where your are supposed too archive curtain goals, based on different activities. I've got six different colums taht shows the activities, I wanna' have a line that shows how the activites mesures up to the goal. Ex. the goal (and the line) is to run 12 times a month, but you only run seven (activities) Anybody who could help, thanks Ns Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine N Schei wrote: > I have a spreadsheet where your are supposed too archive curt...

External meeting request issue
Hi, we have a strange issue and I'm not sure were to look, an external company that uses Exchange 2003 can email over meeting requests to us on our Exchange 5.5 system/outlook 2000 system, it comes in the form of an attachment and when you open it you can accept the meeting. However if another office sends a meeting request aslo using Exchang 2003 to us we received and email with an attacment with no accept options or anything, if we send them a meeting request it only arrives as an email with no attachment - basically what is going on here, what are the meeting requests restri...

Need help with find and calculate
Ok, scratching a bald spot on my head, and still nothing. I have 5 sheets on a work book. I need to find all values that =2575 in colum A. When it finds the values if they exist, sum the specified cell fro all pages. To better explain, 2575 is a billing number, the sheets ar timesheets. I want to find everyone who listed 2575 as a billin number. If it is listed, have the formula go across about 12 cells an find total hours for that billing number. I will have a summary shee at the end to list specific billing numbers, 2575, 3123,3124, and s on, with sum of all hours beside it. Can some please ...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #2
Thanks Dave, this is almost exactly what I want! The only thing I nee in the module now is that when they try to delete a validated cell an the INVALID appears, I want the cursor to return to that cell to forc them to select from the list - at the moment they can continue leavin INVALID as the value. Perhaps a message box telling them what the have done wrong would also be useful? Thanks in advance Fuzz -- fuzzyfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View thi...

Help with the email router
Hi all. I'm not sure I quite understand the email router; or, I sort of get it, but I'm looking for something a bit more simple than all the information I have found. What I'm after is this: - Everyone in the company is using their own Outlook (an Exchange account) for sending and receiving email; I don't want to change that. - There are some marketing messages that go out to multiple recipients; I'd want to have 2 or 3 different accounts ("sales@", "marketing@" and so on) for sending these, and I'd want them to go out from the CRM server (so...

Need to create a field validation against another CRM Enity
I have a client that needs to validate a custom field on entry to check to make sure the value does not already exist. The field is a ID code from a legacy system that uniquely ID's the contact. We need to search the current contacts for the ID field to check and make sure the entered ID code is not a duplicate. Does anyone know of any code snippets that may do this or code that show how to query the current enity for an existing ID? Any help will be much appreaciated. Al Pemberton ...

Excel Help Please quick question
i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell says a certain thing. eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change to "yes" Is this possible Thanks In Cell D6 put this formula =3DIF(D6=3D"blue","yes","") On Nov 15, 7:13=A0pm, Tom Jacques <Tom Jacq...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell sa= ys a > certain thing. > > eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change t...

CasesView For all Contacts of an Account
Hi I need to see all the cases relating to account when i click the case tab. The cases should include the cases of the contacts for the account too.Any help is appreciated Sarah Hate to say it, but this function is not native to CRM as far as I know. c360's Activity Summary does add this functionality though. www.c360.com It works very well. ...

Help! w/ Outlook 2000
Outlook will not save my password even though the box is checked and the password is in there it asks for it everytime I send/receive Please help If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Nicole <anonymous@...

Outlook 2007 doesn't show entire message!! HELP please!
I have been searching for a probmlem i have with Outlook 2007. I am recieving emails fine, but what i noticed the other day, is that when i open the message with my PC, only part of the mesage is shown, the part that is from the sender, but when it includes a forwarded text, it will not show!! this is a huge problem.. once i missed an important notice because of this. But this problem does not occur when i open the mail with Mac. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'...

Help with IXmlSerializable.ReadXml method
Hi, I have a serialized object which looks like: <List> <ItemName="a"> <ItemName="b"> <Node Name="c" /> </Item> </Item> </List> In the ReadXml method I need just the strings "a", "b", "c". (It may even contain deeper hierarchy which ends always with <Node> element). Any help how does my ReadXml method should look like? Thanks! ...

Exce; - Urgent
Hi, Please can someone help me (and a few others by the looks of it) wit an error I keep receiving. I have followed all the instructions in th Course booking Example for creating a user form, but when it comes t assigning the macro, it doesnt work. I then get the Run-time Error 424, Object undefined? Please could someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks Andre Attachment filename: testa.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=54132 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ajw150 Check your form name Sub ...

HELP!!!!
We're currently running Outlook XP on a Windows 2000 Exchange Server. We have our computer systems set up so that when you start up your computer in the morning and log in, all you have to do is double-click the Outlook icon on the desktop and you're in your e-mail. Well, this morning, I started my computer and logged in as usual. However, when I double-clicked the Outlook icon, it asked for my username, password, and domain. I entered the appropriate information in the blanks and clicked OK, but got a message saying the information was incorrect. I tried again, same thi...

Data Export Help Needed
What is transferspreadsheet My knowledge is extreemly limited on VB. "Douglas J. Steele" wrote: > Have you tried using TransferSpreadsheet instead of OutputTo? > > -- > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP > http://I.Am/DougSteele > (no e-mails, please!) > > > "Aamer" <Aamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:C9B569B2-2A0E-4075-A11F-CAA7D6AD594B@microsoft.com... > > Douglass > > > > I entered the code as you described: > > > > Private Sub Export_Data_Click() > > O...

A simple but emergent help!!!
I am using MS WORD spreadsheet (EXCEL). I have random 25 integers for each row and there are 100 rows. Now I want to find the sum of the 20 largest integers (out of 25) for each row. What is the fastest/easiest way? Thanks and bow!!! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Don't know which is fastest but one way is, probably using large like =LARGE('Sheet1'!$A$2:$Y$101,row(1:1)) then copy down 25 rows and sum that. To get it in one fell swoop =SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(Sheet1!$A$2:$Y$101,ROW(INDIRECT("1:20")))) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ilikeit"...

HELP: Need macro for excel to get data from server database and use results to populate an Access Database
Hi all, Is there a quick way to do a query on an SQL Server database and have the output put direct into an Access Database? I know how to do it by grabbing the records and then inserting each result one by one, but this takes forever to complete and I am after a quick solution, if it exists. Is anybody able to assist ? is it possible? Thanks in advance for any help! Regards Clint you could link to the SQL Server table(s) from Access, write a SELECT query to pull the records you want, and then turn the query into either an Append query to add the data to a native table in the Acces...

Help with Formula logic
I have this formula in Sheet2 =IF(OR(ISTEXT(L2),ISBLANK(L2)),"",IF(OR($M2>'Sheet1'!$A2+1,ISBLANK($M2)),NETWORKDAYS('Sheet1!$A$2,$L2),"")) to store the data in the W column. And then I use disaply it in the sheet1 by using "=AVERAGE('Sheet2'!W3:W141)" I intend to combine two formula together so I do not need to create many columns in Sheet2 because the A colcumn in the Sheet1 increases. I tried to use SumIf and Sumproduct, however, I have a hard time to make it right. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. I haven't attempted to c...

Pls Help Me!
Hi there! What formula to use at B18 to count a text or two (ex: how many red & green?) in a column, based on brand at column A (ex: brand A)? File attached. davidiew +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: how to count.JPG | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4067 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- davidtips ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davidtips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/memb...

Need Exchange limit help
I have a new SBS 2008 Server setup in a manufacturing environment. Two users within the company send and receive large CAD files. How do I allow this process? Right now one user is try to send a 185MB file and it is saying "the message being sent exceeds the message size established for this user." I have tried setting the limit in the console to 10GB and now I have unchecked the "enforce the mailbox quotas" box and he still can't send. If I go into the Exchange Management Console I still don't see how I can make this work. Is this something that...