Upgrading to Outlook 2003 #3

What is the correct procedure to upgrade users from
previous versions of Outlook to Outlook 2003?

I am having several problems of having duplicate personal
folders to not having contacts list available in new
messages.

PLEASE HELP.....

Users have winxp/with office 2003 - coming from various
window operating systems/and various office versions.

0
anonymous (74717)

An in place upgrade should not create new .pst files unless you have the
original .pst file somewhere other than the default, such as on a network
share.

For the Contact problem, you need to install the Outlook Address Book
Service - Tools->Email Accounts->Directories->Add.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, GMS asked:

| What is the correct procedure to upgrade users from
| previous versions of Outlook to Outlook 2003?
|
| I am having several problems of having duplicate personal
| folders to not having contacts list available in new
| messages.
|
| PLEASE HELP.....
|
| Users have winxp/with office 2003 - coming from various
| window operating systems/and various office versions.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Add mailbox to a users Outlook automatic
Is there a way to add a mailbox to a users Outlook 2003 without having to manually go to "add email account" on the client. Some way to script it or to do it in the Exhange 2003 Server? Thanks for any ideas or suggestions /Allan E You should use Outlook Profiler... very simple to deploy... "MTR01" <someone@something.com> wrote in message news:uI0UhxPEGHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a mailbox to a users Outlook 2003 without having to > manually go to "add email account" on the client. Some way to script it or > to ...

Exchange 2003 Event ID 9322
We have an Exchange organization with 110 servers, about 40% of them are Exchange 2003 SP 2, the rest are Exchange 2000 SP 3. We are in the process of upgrading them. We have no 5.5 servers and are running in Native mode (no pre-2000 servers allowed). Yesterday we rebuilt on of the 2 primary bridgeheads for the entire organization. After we brought it back online and made it the master in the rotuing groups, then added it to all of the conenctors both local and remote, we began getting the following warnings in the event logs: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeMTA Event Category: In...

Problem with Outlook 2003 (Cached Exchange Mode)
This user is insisting on using Cached Exchange Mode. The problem is that when it is turned on, it will not bring in mail beyond 2 days ago (ie. Tuesday and today). If I turn it off, he can see his inbox like normal (ie. Tues and today mail). At the bottom right hand corner of the screen, it says that the Inbox was last updated just a few minutes ago. I tried renaming his ost and let it recreate it. Also, if I log onto his machine as Administrator for the domain and create an Outlook profile for him from that logon. That uses a completely different .ost file in a totally different Windows...

Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon.
After removing Office XP and installing Office 2003, the Outlook Desktop icon disappeared. I would like to have it back, because it contains certain functions a normal shortcut doesn't have. Strangely, when I reinstall Office XP the Outlook XP Desktop icon appears. However, after installing again Office 2003 there's again no Outlook 2003 Desktop icon. I working with Windows XP Professional edition. This is normal and part of the new software requirements for Windows XP. (During the beta, adding the icon back via a reg hack introduced odd error messages.) Instead you can try thi...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Access 2003 macro problem
I've been developing with Access '97 for quite some time. But now that we've moved all of our customers to Access 2003 I'm going to do all of the development with that tool. I have a macro which worked great in '97. The macro was invoked by using the keystroke combination Ctrl-E. In a macro named Autokeys, the Macro Name is ^e and the action is the name of a Public Sub in a Module. When invoked with Ctrl-E while the cursor was positioned on the declaration line of a new Sub or Function (either in a Module or a Form's Class Module, etc.) it would create a skeleton...

Using the same address & Contacts folders for Outlook and Outlook Express
I am having problems getting outlook express to recognize all of my contacts and address book in Microsoft Outlook. Do you have any insite on how I can fix it. I'm running windows XP, Outlook Express 6 and MS Outlook 2002 (Outlook10) Regards, Murray There is no such feature natively with Outlook 2002 and above. You can force the WAB to use your Contacts Folder with a reg hack: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Murray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bc801c3e0c0$f5c0c5e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... ...

Outlook 97 dates
Every message I received is dated the first day of the month no matter what the day is when displayed in "in box". Any help out there? ...

Backing Up Contacts in Outlook 2000
I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for Contact Data . I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2 is also installed. I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second Copy. This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst" I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this data. How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it so that it too will be included in the daily b...

sharing calendar in Outlook 2007
Just installed Office 2007, running Exchange 2003 SP2 on the back end. I'm trying to share my calendar with a user on the network, Outlook tries to send him an invite, I check the box that says "allow recipient to view your calendar", but Outlook comes up with the error "Calendar sharing is not available with the following entries because of permission settings on your network" and it lists the user I want to give access to. I went to the properties of my calendar and set the permissions manually so that user is listed as a "reviewer" of my calendar, bu...

Reading Pane in Outlook 2003
Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be disabled? eli silverman <elisilverman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all > folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be > disabled? Start Outlook using the /nopreview switch. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 sometimes very slow to retrieve
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000. It's accessing several email accounts (same ones as Outlook 2000 was before upgrading). With one account in particular, retrieval slowed to a few bytes a second (not KB, bytes). I had 70+ messages backed up while it was crawling. I opened Outlook 2000 on another machine on the same network, and all the files came down in 30 seconds or less. Are there any particular settings to look for ? It's not accessing Exchange Server - just an email POP3 host. Thanks, Tom ...

error in outlook #2
Cannot get yahoo mail to open in Outlook 2003 ...

why does Outlook shut down after a few seconds.
My Sony Vaio became unstable so I restored it to it's original state, then installed Office. I configured my IMAP email account. Now, when I open Outlook it procedes normally and opens fine, then sends an error message and shuts down. Sending an error repor to Mivcrosoft produces no reply. I am going nuts tring to figure out what the problem is but now I cannot do anything as Outlook shuts down every time. help!! 1. You might try a new mail profile as the silver bullet option - last one but it usually works. I would try a Detect and Repair first - open any Office program, Hel...

Outlook and RSS feeds <-- Driving me insane!!
Hi folks, hoping someone can help out here... I've googled this till the cows come home with no luck on solving it. I'm trying to add *any* rss feed into outlook 2007 and it tells me: "outlook cannot download the rss content <URL> because of a problem connecting to the server" well, if i click on the feed in firefox (shows up as a livebook mark) or IE, it seems to work fine, but outlook is being stupid. any ideas on how to fix or troubleshoot this? thanks. -nat Just to be sure; are you the URL of the feed or of the main website? For instance t...

Upgrading the CPU?

Outlook Problem #46
I have several users in our organization who receive some messages multiple times. These messages are downloaded repeatedly when the users complete a send/receive, and after several times, it stops. It is not specific to specific senders, either internal or external. When it happens, usually they will not receive more than 7 or 8 of the same exact message. Users are using Outlook 2002 with SP 3 and latest updates applied. The email is downloaded from a POP3 server. Clients are NOT configured to leave a copy of messages on the server. Any hints or leads GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in a...

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Will Publisher 2002 work with Office 2003?
I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office 2003? Hi LaLana (LaLana@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software || for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office || 2003? Yes it will. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Better watch it Brian. the last t...

XP Upgrade

Outlook's Blank Stationary option easily confused with <none>
In Tools>Options>Mail Format Tab>Stationary and Fonts I browsed the various stationary options, but decided I wanted a blank page instead, so I chose blank. The default font color is a light brown/yellow (hard to see and tell color because it is very faint) I thought the page was blank because I could not see the words of the example on my laptop screen. Thinking I was using a blank page I later opened a new email message that uses Word 2003 as my editor. I could not figure out why I could not see the words I typed in the body or my automatic signature. Only after changing the ...

Outlook 2002 Rule Wizard Missing
I have just switch from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002, and when I installed Outlook I noticed there is no "Rules Wizard" listed in the "Tools" drop down menu. I chosed every thing to be on the Hard Drive during the install. I am using Version (10.2627.2625.). Is this an add on program or what. I am lost to why it not there. Used it in Outlook Express and was most happy with filtering successfully. Can someone explain what must be done or direct me. jerome Are you in the Inbox folder when you check for the Rules Wizard? Do you have e-mail accounts set up? ...