upgraded from outlook express to outlook, cant receive mail help

Somebody help im going mad, have done all that MS is instructing via web,
still cant receive mail
0
Steve3367 (861)

steve <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Somebody help im going mad, have done all that MS is instructing via
> web, still cant receive mail

First, Outlook is not an upgrade from Outlook Express.  They're separate
applications.  Second, you give no version numbers and list no symptoms, so
how do you expect anyone to help?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Problem with Outlook 2003 (Cached Exchange Mode)
This user is insisting on using Cached Exchange Mode. The problem is that when it is turned on, it will not bring in mail beyond 2 days ago (ie. Tuesday and today). If I turn it off, he can see his inbox like normal (ie. Tues and today mail). At the bottom right hand corner of the screen, it says that the Inbox was last updated just a few minutes ago. I tried renaming his ost and let it recreate it. Also, if I log onto his machine as Administrator for the domain and create an Outlook profile for him from that logon. That uses a completely different .ost file in a totally different Windows...

Add mailbox to a users Outlook automatic
Is there a way to add a mailbox to a users Outlook 2003 without having to manually go to "add email account" on the client. Some way to script it or to do it in the Exhange 2003 Server? Thanks for any ideas or suggestions /Allan E You should use Outlook Profiler... very simple to deploy... "MTR01" <someone@something.com> wrote in message news:uI0UhxPEGHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a mailbox to a users Outlook 2003 without having to > manually go to "add email account" on the client. Some way to script it or > to ...

Junk mail filter and rules -- wrong order!
Hi! I set some rules in Outlook (2003), that filter my mail into folders based on where they arrive from (which account). And I also have the junk mail filter turned on. Many junk emails land in the junk mail folder at first (which is correct), but then are filtered to the place, where the rules would put them. And I didn't find an option that I don't want the rule to apply to junk mails. What I would expect, is that if a message is marked junk, it stays in junk, no matter if there is a matching rule. It makes no sense to use junk mail this way. Is there any way to make the rules ap...

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon.
After removing Office XP and installing Office 2003, the Outlook Desktop icon disappeared. I would like to have it back, because it contains certain functions a normal shortcut doesn't have. Strangely, when I reinstall Office XP the Outlook XP Desktop icon appears. However, after installing again Office 2003 there's again no Outlook 2003 Desktop icon. I working with Windows XP Professional edition. This is normal and part of the new software requirements for Windows XP. (During the beta, adding the icon back via a reg hack introduced odd error messages.) Instead you can try thi...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Xpath with Namespace retruns NULL, please help
I am using the following code to query for a single node, yet my results are always NULL. Please help, I've tried everything adn I am unable to get a result. XmlDocument xml = new XmlDocument(); xml.LoadXml(strNLETSMessage); XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(xml.NameTable); nsmgr.AddNamespace("n", "http://www.nlets.org"); nsmgr.AddNamespace("j", "http://www.it.ojp.gov/jxdm/3.0"); XmlNode test = xml.SelectSingleNode("/n:NLETS/n:NLETSInquiryMes...

Using the same address & Contacts folders for Outlook and Outlook Express
I am having problems getting outlook express to recognize all of my contacts and address book in Microsoft Outlook. Do you have any insite on how I can fix it. I'm running windows XP, Outlook Express 6 and MS Outlook 2002 (Outlook10) Regards, Murray There is no such feature natively with Outlook 2002 and above. You can force the WAB to use your Contacts Folder with a reg hack: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Murray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bc801c3e0c0$f5c0c5e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... ...

Outlook 97 dates
Every message I received is dated the first day of the month no matter what the day is when displayed in "in box". Any help out there? ...

Backing Up Contacts in Outlook 2000
I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for Contact Data . I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2 is also installed. I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second Copy. This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst" I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this data. How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it so that it too will be included in the daily b...

STORE.exe...newbie help ?
Hi all I've read the usual articles that say Exchange 2000's 'dynamic buffer allocation' is the cause of high-ram usage and that is perfectly 'normal' We have a Win2k box that has 1.5GB RAM and is running slow...The machine had 512MB in up until last week, when I installed the extra gig of ram the STORE.exe process is using most of the ram up...I checked this morning and there was like 10MB free on the server! Exchange has SP3 installed. Can someone direct me to the hotfix (I heard about) that is supposed to fix this issue? Or is it just a case of my server will al...

sharing calendar in Outlook 2007
Just installed Office 2007, running Exchange 2003 SP2 on the back end. I'm trying to share my calendar with a user on the network, Outlook tries to send him an invite, I check the box that says "allow recipient to view your calendar", but Outlook comes up with the error "Calendar sharing is not available with the following entries because of permission settings on your network" and it lists the user I want to give access to. I went to the properties of my calendar and set the permissions manually so that user is listed as a "reviewer" of my calendar, bu...

Mail sends halfway through composing
Hi, a weird situation on a user's laptop using Outlook 2002, dial-up smtp/pop3 accounts with ISP. When offline from the exchange server, the mail is often sent without the user knowing it while it is being composed, and the recipients receive both her draft and completed mails. This usually happens (though not always) if it's a long mail or she has to leave off typing it to switch to something else. No copy in Sent items, and spell checker not evoked. It kinda sounds like an event is being fired by the auto save to Drafts but there are no custom forms, add-ins or code been u...

Reading Pane in Outlook 2003
Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be disabled? eli silverman <elisilverman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all > folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be > disabled? Start Outlook using the /nopreview switch. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 sometimes very slow to retrieve
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000. It's accessing several email accounts (same ones as Outlook 2000 was before upgrading). With one account in particular, retrieval slowed to a few bytes a second (not KB, bytes). I had 70+ messages backed up while it was crawling. I opened Outlook 2000 on another machine on the same network, and all the files came down in 30 seconds or less. Are there any particular settings to look for ? It's not accessing Exchange Server - just an email POP3 host. Thanks, Tom ...

Make selected mail darker
Does anyone know if you when have you selected a mail in the inbox, if you can make it darker ? In Outlook and Outlook Express it was darker and easier for me. In Vista Mail, it is just so light. What I am talking about is when you put your mouse on the mail in your inbox, it is highlighted. I looked in Options and can't find anything. Thanks, Ed. "Ed." <Ed@address.invalid> wrote in message news:uxdRIMzyKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if you when have you selected a mail in the inbox, if you > can make it darker ? > ...

error in outlook #2
Cannot get yahoo mail to open in Outlook 2003 ...

why does Outlook shut down after a few seconds.
My Sony Vaio became unstable so I restored it to it's original state, then installed Office. I configured my IMAP email account. Now, when I open Outlook it procedes normally and opens fine, then sends an error message and shuts down. Sending an error repor to Mivcrosoft produces no reply. I am going nuts tring to figure out what the problem is but now I cannot do anything as Outlook shuts down every time. help!! 1. You might try a new mail profile as the silver bullet option - last one but it usually works. I would try a Detect and Repair first - open any Office program, Hel...

Outlook and RSS feeds <-- Driving me insane!!
Hi folks, hoping someone can help out here... I've googled this till the cows come home with no luck on solving it. I'm trying to add *any* rss feed into outlook 2007 and it tells me: "outlook cannot download the rss content <URL> because of a problem connecting to the server" well, if i click on the feed in firefox (shows up as a livebook mark) or IE, it seems to work fine, but outlook is being stupid. any ideas on how to fix or troubleshoot this? thanks. -nat Just to be sure; are you the URL of the feed or of the main website? For instance t...

Upgrading the CPU?

Outlook Problem #46
I have several users in our organization who receive some messages multiple times. These messages are downloaded repeatedly when the users complete a send/receive, and after several times, it stops. It is not specific to specific senders, either internal or external. When it happens, usually they will not receive more than 7 or 8 of the same exact message. Users are using Outlook 2002 with SP 3 and latest updates applied. The email is downloaded from a POP3 server. Clients are NOT configured to leave a copy of messages on the server. Any hints or leads GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in a...

8.0 Upgrade

Pop up Help
I use XP Prof. MS Outlook. Everytime I receive a email I get a pop up box that says "windows is preparing to install..." and almost as soon as I can read the box it disappears. I have no other errors or other problems but it is annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks ...