upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express

I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro.
That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook
Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them
back?
0
anonymous (74721)

export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone!
0
anonymous (74721)
4/16/2004 3:13:08 PM
This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, magdalen80
@hotmial.com asked:

| I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro.
| That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook
| Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them
| back?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon.
After removing Office XP and installing Office 2003, the Outlook Desktop icon disappeared. I would like to have it back, because it contains certain functions a normal shortcut doesn't have. Strangely, when I reinstall Office XP the Outlook XP Desktop icon appears. However, after installing again Office 2003 there's again no Outlook 2003 Desktop icon. I working with Windows XP Professional edition. This is normal and part of the new software requirements for Windows XP. (During the beta, adding the icon back via a reg hack introduced odd error messages.) Instead you can try thi...

Mime email
Hi, I have an email from user that I cannot read its seems a multi-part MIME format HTML file : Here s part of the message: This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C945B1.2B897BFE Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When:=2014=20November=202008=2009:00-10:00=20(GMT)=20Greenwich=20Mean=20Ti= me=20:=20Dublin,=20Edinburgh,=20Lisbon,=20London. Where:=20Room=204 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ______________________________________________________________________ This=20email=20has=20been=20scanned=20by=20th...

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

Outlook 2003 sometimes very slow to retrieve
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000. It's accessing several email accounts (same ones as Outlook 2000 was before upgrading). With one account in particular, retrieval slowed to a few bytes a second (not KB, bytes). I had 70+ messages backed up while it was crawling. I opened Outlook 2000 on another machine on the same network, and all the files came down in 30 seconds or less. Are there any particular settings to look for ? It's not accessing Exchange Server - just an email POP3 host. Thanks, Tom ...

Installing Office 2000 (Word) on XP with pre-installed 2007
I installed my copy of Office 2000 on a 6-months old XP computer that had Office 2007 pre-installed. Thereafter, Excel 2000 works but when I open Word 2000, I get a blank document, as expected, but no tools or buttons at the top. I believe 2000 is trying to use tool files from 2007. I have tried to load Office 2000 into its own directory named "Microsoft Office 2000" but the install does not allow me to select the program files subdirectory. Could I temporarily change the "\Microsoft Office" subdirectory name which contains Office 2007 to "\Microsoft ...

Outlook and RSS feeds <-- Driving me insane!!
Hi folks, hoping someone can help out here... I've googled this till the cows come home with no luck on solving it. I'm trying to add *any* rss feed into outlook 2007 and it tells me: "outlook cannot download the rss content <URL> because of a problem connecting to the server" well, if i click on the feed in firefox (shows up as a livebook mark) or IE, it seems to work fine, but outlook is being stupid. any ideas on how to fix or troubleshoot this? thanks. -nat Just to be sure; are you the URL of the feed or of the main website? For instance t...

Promoting Emails to CRM 08-30-05
I just wanted to know if any one else has had any problems with users not being able to promote emails to CRM, Or Creating Contacts. Both actions are resulting in Scripting Errors, Although the Contact is created (the email is not promoted) Any help on this would be appreciated ...

Upgrading the CPU?

Outlook Problem #46
I have several users in our organization who receive some messages multiple times. These messages are downloaded repeatedly when the users complete a send/receive, and after several times, it stops. It is not specific to specific senders, either internal or external. When it happens, usually they will not receive more than 7 or 8 of the same exact message. Users are using Outlook 2002 with SP 3 and latest updates applied. The email is downloaded from a POP3 server. Clients are NOT configured to leave a copy of messages on the server. Any hints or leads GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in a...

Emailing EFT Remittances
We have a customer who emails EFT Remittances to the Vendors. The process to generate and send the emails takes approx. 4 hours to complete. The batch that they last processed contained remittances for 30 vendors - what could be causing this kind of lengthy processing time? What tool are they using to create the e-mail messages? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Susan" wrote: > We have a customer who emails EFT Remittances to the Vendors. The process to > generate and send the emails takes approx. 4 hours to complete. The batch > that they last processed...

Outlook 2003 Reply to All bug?
When I receive an external email and click reply to all Outlook 2003 puts my address in the to list of the reply as well. If I reply to the exact same email in Outlook 2000 it doesnt include me in the reply!!!! Whats going on? Why is 2003 doing this? Many Thanks for any assistance or comments. Previous versions of Outlook had a problem knowing who you were, so if you had more than one account in the profile, Outlook replied to all addresses. Outlook 2003 fixed that - it removes your address from reply to all provided the address matches the one in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Volume license Office 2007 Pro Plus missing MSI
We have Office 07 Pro Plus volume licensing, we downloaded it and plan to deploy it via GPO using an MSI. However, after extracting the ISO there is no MSI, , not for the Office suite anyway. The MSI is required for push deployment in GPO, and from researching should be included in the software. As well articles I've found about deployment mention using the MSI, mainly a TechNet article. Any help, suggestions or guidance is much appreciated. Thanks! Get your documentation out and have it ready. The support is free depending on your documentation Here you will find the Ph...

XP style controls
I'm developing an application in MFC using VS 6. I've added support for XP visual styles by adding a manifest file to my project. All the XP style controls are working fine except for the scroll bars. For some reason, calling CScrollBar::EnableScrollBar no longer activates the scroll bar. Is there some other way this is done with XP styles? Any help would be greatly appreciated. David DeRam wrote: > I'm developing an application in MFC using VS 6. I've added support for XP > visual styles by adding a manifest file to my project. All the XP style > controls are wor...

Old Email keeps coming in as new????
old email that i recieved in may/june keeps showing up in my inbox in outlook 2003. It is a POP account that is set to delete email from server. I check my ISP and there is no email then randomly i do a send and recieve and BANG! 49 old emails show up.... Any ideas Thanks ...

8.0 Upgrade

Help!! *Triple* emails
Hi, After installing a telephone adapter from Vonage, a VOIP, on my home network, I'm now getting *3* copies of any email someone sends me. I actually don't think the adapter has anything to do with this, but????? The only other change I made was to add an email account with a new alias. I do this through an email forwarding company called POBOX.COM. I have 3 email aliases with them, but I've never had any problems with multiple messages before. I'm clueless and need to get back to single copies quick! Thanks in advance for any help. -- ----------------------...

CRM 3.0 Contact sync to outlook after migration
Hi, I have migrated a crm 3.0 sbs environment to a 4 server deployment. The customer have the requirement to sync all the account / contacts to the offline database. This is easily configured and works 100%. Now I can't seem to get the local CRM contact synced to the local outlook contacts :-( this doesn't happen and I have rechecked everything? Any suggestions? -- Warren O ...

Netscape browser; Outlook/Exchange email
Our organization's default email client is MS Outlook and default browser is Netscape. Is there a way to configure Netscape so that, in response to html mailto in the browser, either a) Outlook opens rather than Netscape Mail, or b) Netscape mail uses the exchange server? Thanks Dave dgmoore@erols.com <dgmoore@erols.com> wrote: > Our organization's default email client is MS Outlook and default > browser is Netscape. Is there a way to configure Netscape so that, in > response to html mailto in the browser, either a) Outlook opens rather > than Netscape Mail, or b)...

Cannot send email, I can receive with no problem.
My email is from Aliant..the settings have not changed, everything was fine until this morning, now I cannot send email from Windows Live Mail. Here is the error I get: An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'ttest' Server Error: 421 Server Response: 421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 4.59.182.110 (4.59.182.110:25), connect error 10060 Server: 'smtp.bellaliant.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67 Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I have researched and cannot find a reason for the change. Any help would be greatly appreciated On Thu, 5 Aug ...

Can't e-mail from Word 2000 using Outlook 2002/XP
After "upgrading" Outlook 2000 SP-1 to Outlook 2002, I can't create a Word letter from within Outlook or send a file to a recipient from within Word. When I try to create a letter from within Outlook, I get the error "To use this feature you must install the version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed version of Microsoft Outlook". I've tried The Outlook 2002 "repair", and even uninstalled it and re-installed Outlook 2000 SP-1. In that configuration, the software worked fine. But when I "upgraded" again to Outlook 2002, it was br...

forwarding emails from contact email to mail-enabled users
We created some contacts with e-mails, such as: support@mydomain.com webmaster@mydomain.com We would like to have e-mails forwarded to a mailbox-enabled user(s). But when I go to Exchange General tab, it doesn't have the Delivery Options button where I can configure where to forward to. I'm thinking of converting these contacts to mailbox-enabled users, but I have this feeling that there's a better way of accomplishing this. Also, since these contacts never need to login, the conversion seems too expensive a task for something so simple. Any help appreciated! Thanks! -Jerr...

Clean re-install of XP
I downloaded the file WindowsXP-KB976325-x86-ENU.exe, but it fails also, with the error; KB976325 Setup canceled Suggestions on how to resolve? Thank you, Terry R. -- Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply. "Terry R." <F1Com@NOSPAMpobox.com> wrote in message news:%237XjRyxkKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I downloaded the file WindowsXP-KB976325-x86-ENU.exe, > but it fails also, with the error; > > KB976325 Setup canceled There will be more explicit diagnostics ...