Upgrade to Outlook 2003 - can't send email to people in my domain

I upgraded from Office 2002 to 2003, have Windows XP, and now can't send
email to anyone in my domain (including myself).  Can send email to everyone
else with no problem.  I've tried removing and recreating my email account
and everything else I can think of.  Does anyone know what I might need to
check or do to fix this?  Thank you very much.

I'm sorry, I forgot to say that there is no error message, the email shows
up in Sent Items, but never gets anywhere.

"Barbara Graham" <barbaragraham@aol.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded from Office 2002 to 2003, have Windows XP, and now can't send
> email to anyone in my domain (including myself).  Can send email to
everyone
> else with no problem.  I've tried removing and recreating my email account
> and everything else I can think of.  Does anyone know what I might need to
> check or do to fix this?  Thank you very much.

Add mailbox to a users Outlook automatic
Is there a way to add a mailbox to a users Outlook 2003 without having to manually go to "add email account" on the client. Some way to script it or to do it in the Exhange 2003 Server? Thanks for any ideas or suggestions /Allan E You should use Outlook Profiler... very simple to deploy... "MTR01" <someone@something.com> wrote in message news:uI0UhxPEGHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a mailbox to a users Outlook 2003 without having to > manually go to "add email account" on the client. Some way to script it or > to ...

Exchange 2003 Event ID 9322
We have an Exchange organization with 110 servers, about 40% of them are Exchange 2003 SP 2, the rest are Exchange 2000 SP 3. We are in the process of upgrading them. We have no 5.5 servers and are running in Native mode (no pre-2000 servers allowed). Yesterday we rebuilt on of the 2 primary bridgeheads for the entire organization. After we brought it back online and made it the master in the rotuing groups, then added it to all of the conenctors both local and remote, we began getting the following warnings in the event logs: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeMTA Event Category: In...

Problem with Outlook 2003 (Cached Exchange Mode)
This user is insisting on using Cached Exchange Mode. The problem is that when it is turned on, it will not bring in mail beyond 2 days ago (ie. Tuesday and today). If I turn it off, he can see his inbox like normal (ie. Tues and today mail). At the bottom right hand corner of the screen, it says that the Inbox was last updated just a few minutes ago. I tried renaming his ost and let it recreate it. Also, if I log onto his machine as Administrator for the domain and create an Outlook profile for him from that logon. That uses a completely different .ost file in a totally different Windows...

Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon.
After removing Office XP and installing Office 2003, the Outlook Desktop icon disappeared. I would like to have it back, because it contains certain functions a normal shortcut doesn't have. Strangely, when I reinstall Office XP the Outlook XP Desktop icon appears. However, after installing again Office 2003 there's again no Outlook 2003 Desktop icon. I working with Windows XP Professional edition. This is normal and part of the new software requirements for Windows XP. (During the beta, adding the icon back via a reg hack introduced odd error messages.) Instead you can try thi...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Access 2003 macro problem
I've been developing with Access '97 for quite some time. But now that we've moved all of our customers to Access 2003 I'm going to do all of the development with that tool. I have a macro which worked great in '97. The macro was invoked by using the keystroke combination Ctrl-E. In a macro named Autokeys, the Macro Name is ^e and the action is the name of a Public Sub in a Module. When invoked with Ctrl-E while the cursor was positioned on the declaration line of a new Sub or Function (either in a Module or a Form's Class Module, etc.) it would create a skeleton...

Using the same address & Contacts folders for Outlook and Outlook Express
I am having problems getting outlook express to recognize all of my contacts and address book in Microsoft Outlook. Do you have any insite on how I can fix it. I'm running windows XP, Outlook Express 6 and MS Outlook 2002 (Outlook10) Regards, Murray There is no such feature natively with Outlook 2002 and above. You can force the WAB to use your Contacts Folder with a reg hack: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Murray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1bc801c3e0c0$f5c0c5e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... ...

Logical user other than send email
When creating an "send email" action in workflow manager you can send to "Logical User". Can we use Logical user in other actions. What I want to do : When a lead gets converted to a contact, account, opportunity, I want to assign all that to the user who made the conversion. Do I have to use the SDK to do that kind of stuff ? Is the Workflow manager working only with static values ? TIA Fred ...

Outlook 97 dates
Every message I received is dated the first day of the month no matter what the day is when displayed in "in box". Any help out there? ...

Backing Up Contacts in Outlook 2000
I have MS Office 2000 installed in my PC and use Outlook 2000 solely for Contact Data . I have all my APPLICATIONS installed on the C: which is where XP Pro SP2 is also installed. I use the D drive for DATA and back up all the data each day using Second Copy. This works OK for all the data except the Outlook Contact data which I understand is contained in the file "contacts.pst" I cannot find the path for this file so cannot , therefore backup this data. How do I find the PATH for this file so that I can point Second Copy to it so that it too will be included in the daily b...

Mime email
Hi, I have an email from user that I cannot read its seems a multi-part MIME format HTML file : Here s part of the message: This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C945B1.2B897BFE Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When:=2014=20November=202008=2009:00-10:00=20(GMT)=20Greenwich=20Mean=20Ti= me=20:=20Dublin,=20Edinburgh,=20Lisbon,=20London. Where:=20Room=204 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ______________________________________________________________________ This=20email=20has=20been=20scanned=20by=20th...

Mail sends halfway through composing
Hi, a weird situation on a user's laptop using Outlook 2002, dial-up smtp/pop3 accounts with ISP. When offline from the exchange server, the mail is often sent without the user knowing it while it is being composed, and the recipients receive both her draft and completed mails. This usually happens (though not always) if it's a long mail or she has to leave off typing it to switch to something else. No copy in Sent items, and spell checker not evoked. It kinda sounds like an event is being fired by the auto save to Drafts but there are no custom forms, add-ins or code been u...

sharing calendar in Outlook 2007
Just installed Office 2007, running Exchange 2003 SP2 on the back end. I'm trying to share my calendar with a user on the network, Outlook tries to send him an invite, I check the box that says "allow recipient to view your calendar", but Outlook comes up with the error "Calendar sharing is not available with the following entries because of permission settings on your network" and it lists the user I want to give access to. I went to the properties of my calendar and set the permissions manually so that user is listed as a "reviewer" of my calendar, bu...

Reading Pane in Outlook 2003
Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be disabled? eli silverman <elisilverman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all > folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be > disabled? Start Outlook using the /nopreview switch. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 sometimes very slow to retrieve
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000. It's accessing several email accounts (same ones as Outlook 2000 was before upgrading). With one account in particular, retrieval slowed to a few bytes a second (not KB, bytes). I had 70+ messages backed up while it was crawling. I opened Outlook 2000 on another machine on the same network, and all the files came down in 30 seconds or less. Are there any particular settings to look for ? It's not accessing Exchange Server - just an email POP3 host. Thanks, Tom ...

error in outlook #2
Cannot get yahoo mail to open in Outlook 2003 ...

why does Outlook shut down after a few seconds.
My Sony Vaio became unstable so I restored it to it's original state, then installed Office. I configured my IMAP email account. Now, when I open Outlook it procedes normally and opens fine, then sends an error message and shuts down. Sending an error repor to Mivcrosoft produces no reply. I am going nuts tring to figure out what the problem is but now I cannot do anything as Outlook shuts down every time. help!! 1. You might try a new mail profile as the silver bullet option - last one but it usually works. I would try a Detect and Repair first - open any Office program, Hel...

Outlook and RSS feeds <-- Driving me insane!!
Hi folks, hoping someone can help out here... I've googled this till the cows come home with no luck on solving it. I'm trying to add *any* rss feed into outlook 2007 and it tells me: "outlook cannot download the rss content <URL> because of a problem connecting to the server" well, if i click on the feed in firefox (shows up as a livebook mark) or IE, it seems to work fine, but outlook is being stupid. any ideas on how to fix or troubleshoot this? thanks. -nat Just to be sure; are you the URL of the feed or of the main website? For instance t...

Promoting Emails to CRM 08-30-05
I just wanted to know if any one else has had any problems with users not being able to promote emails to CRM, Or Creating Contacts. Both actions are resulting in Scripting Errors, Although the Contact is created (the email is not promoted) Any help on this would be appreciated ...

Upgrading the CPU?

Outlook Problem #46
I have several users in our organization who receive some messages multiple times. These messages are downloaded repeatedly when the users complete a send/receive, and after several times, it stops. It is not specific to specific senders, either internal or external. When it happens, usually they will not receive more than 7 or 8 of the same exact message. Users are using Outlook 2002 with SP 3 and latest updates applied. The email is downloaded from a POP3 server. Clients are NOT configured to leave a copy of messages on the server. Any hints or leads GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in a...

Old Email keeps coming in as new????
old email that i recieved in may/june keeps showing up in my inbox in outlook 2003. It is a POP account that is set to delete email from server. I check my ISP and there is no email then randomly i do a send and recieve and BANG! 49 old emails show up.... Any ideas Thanks ...

8.0 Upgrade