Updating Distribution Lists

Just upgraded with a new computer from Outlook XP to
Outlook 2003. All Contacts and info appeared to migrate
very well. Only problem now is with Distribution Lists
which also migrated. But when I try "Update Now," it will
not recognize the Contacts folder and wants to convert
all recipients to non-Contact status. That means when I
update a Contact with a new e-mail address it won't be
updated in the Distribution List. I already tried. Any
thoughts on how to get the list to recognize the Contacts?
0
anonymous (74721)

DL's never survive an import. You'll have to recreate them if you want them
to be able to update. Even then, the Update Now button only works about half
the time.
You might want to consider alternatives to DL's. I abandoned them log
ago--too buggy.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"marv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded with a new computer from Outlook XP to
> Outlook 2003. All Contacts and info appeared to migrate
> very well. Only problem now is with Distribution Lists
> which also migrated. But when I try "Update Now," it will
> not recognize the Contacts folder and wants to convert
> all recipients to non-Contact status. That means when I
> update a Contact with a new e-mail address it won't be
> updated in the Distribution List. I already tried. Any
> thoughts on how to get the list to recognize the Contacts?

0
russval (3097)

Exporting the contacts through companies list
Hi, I am trying to export a list of selected contacts for an email blast. I have two entities (Companies and Contacts). All the contacts are linked to the companies and vice versa. The companies have different relationship types (Cutomers, Suppliers etc), so I did the advanced filter to sort out only the companies which should receive the email. But the problem I have is, with the advanced filter option, I can just get the companies list but not the contacts in those companies (which is actually interlinked). So now I am in a position where I have a list of companies but not the email ...

Drop List
How to create a droplist in a cell? Thank you in advance for your help...MK Menu Data > in Validatation options you must choose to permit only a "list" of values... the list may be in cells A1:A10 for example or may be given as is 1;2;3 Here's a pretty descriptive article, MK. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/drop-down_using_data_validation_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5969FDF8-87AA-4916-A510-25002CF81DC4@microsoft.com.....

Hidden Recipients show up in query-based distribution group
I have several recipients that I have hidden from the GAL because they have left the company, but they still show up in the Preview tab of our query-based distribution groups. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?? Thanks, Dave modify the ldap query to exclude recipients with msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute (set to true)... ? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "DaveF" <DaveF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E57B631-E4F4-4B39-99F0-C1F4FA784CC0@microsoft.com... >I have several recipients that I have hidden from th...

Can't assign a Price List to an Opportunity
I have everything setup in the Product Catalog, Discount List, Unit Group, Price List and Products. I have Product as Price List items and everything is activated. Yet, when I'm on an Opp and lookup Price List, it says none are there. There's a New button, which I have also tried but when done, it can't find it either... An interesting tidbit, if I go to a Quote I can see the Price List. So, why not on the Opp? "Bob" wrote: > I have everything setup in the Product Catalog, Discount List, Unit Group, > Price List and Products. I have Product as Price Li...

Smart List
SL Payables Transaction will include unpost trx enter in Trx>Purchasing>Trx Entry but does not include unpost PM Manual Payment/Edit Check Trx. 1) how to include unpost manual payment ? 2) what type of UNPOST trx are excluded in SL? any documentation on this? thks If you don't see data in SmartList, you can't add it. You would need SmartList Builder to create your own SmartList. -- Charles Allen, MVP "HFLo" wrote: > SL Payables Transaction will include unpost trx enter in Trx>Purchasing>Trx > Entry but does not include unpost PM Manual Payment/E...

How to list members for my class
Hi guys Well when we use MFC class objects say CEdit ctl_editbox; when we type the "." after ctl_editbox immediately all its members will be listed . So how to enable this feature for my own Classes that i have declared in DLL for my user. So that when they declare and use my class in their project the class member will also be listed for them. Regards This happens automatically. Although Visual Studio can be a little quirky about when class members do or do not show, if you header file is included, those members automatically are displayed. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits...

Marketing Lists
We are exporting a marketing list through the "export to excel spreadsheet" tool in order to print mailing labels. When we try to export the marketing list we are getting all of the contacts in CRM. I have tried this on two different CRM environments and have the exact same results. It seems the query is returning all rows from the database and not the rows from the marketing list. Hi Gileon, Please make sure you are following the procedure below (assuming you're using the Outlook interface): 1. Expand the marketing folder 2. Click Marketing Lists 3. Double click the mar...

Select from a list
I am using Xls 2003 i want to make a list of item - let call it list A then i want to select one of the items in list A and another list (say list B) must give me the details of the item selected in list A. let use an example List A = 1) car 2) boat 3) bicycle when i select 1) car - List B show me 1) 4 doors 2) 4 wheels 3) stearing wheel when i select 2) boat - List B show me 1) sail 2) rudder 3) sailers when i select 3) bicycle - List B show me 1) 2 wheels 2) peddals 3) saddle can i do this in excel? Debra Dalgleish explains these dependent lists: http://contextures.com/xl...

NO News, I can't find the news command in the list.. it's not in .
I follow the help file exactly on how to add news, but I don't have a news item in my commands list.. Thanks, joseph To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "joseph77" <joseph77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E91F4A4-336F-4331-BB79-9757E59DFCF7@mi...

Default Address List & GAL
Hi all, I’m running Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 AD. I have created custom address list according to user’s Global security group membership. When the user login to the domain, is it possible to setup Outlook 2003 default address book according to user group membership? How do I hide the Global Address List from Outlook for a Group? Thanks all ...

How do I create a text file list of the contents of a folder
How do I create a text file list of the contents of folders. I have a huge data file of cemetery plots and no way to print out the list. Which fields of the message do you wish to save in this text file? You can create a single line view with all the fields that you want in your text file. Then copy/past this list into Excel. It will be similar to this; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

Updating an excel spreadsheet to then update an access database
Sorry for X-posting this I wasn't sure what newsgroup would give me the clearest answer. Hi I have an excel spreadsheet which links directly to access an pulls information from a query, this spreadsheet does various things with the information and then is used as a linked table in another access database. my problem is that i would like for all this to happen in the background and for the linked table to be populated with the most up to date information available. The data from the original access database is linked directly from a Sql server and comes from tables which contain co...

.NET update will not install
I have an XP system that I just rebuilt that will not install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417). The system is running XP Media Center Edition SP3 and is part of a small domain. No other XP systems (a mixture of Pro and MCE) have this problem. All other .NET versions with their service packs and updates have installed with no problem. This includes .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 KB958481 and KB976569. It's only KB974417 that will not install. I have Googled this problem and I believe I hav...

DC's and GC's not listed in directory access. DL permissions problem.
I have one site with 2 domains (A and B). The Exchange 2003 server is in domain A. The directory access tab is set to automatically discover. The domain controllers and GC's in domain A are not listed. Rather, the domain controllers and GC's from domain B are listed. I believe that this is preventing users from being able to modify distribution list membership for groups in domain A. I have tried manually setting the domain controllers to include the missing ones from domain A. That does not help. AD replication seems to be working fine. I cannot find much information to help...

Saving only updated cells or worksheets
(This is the first time I'm using this feature - hopefully I'm following the proper procedure!) Is there a way, in Excel 2002, to only save the cells or worksheets that have been updated, instead of saving the entire file each time? I have a large file, with VBA code, and is I could set it to only save the updated cells or worksheets, this would decrease the time needed to save the file. I read about Tools, Options and Allow Fast Saves, but when I follow that path, there is no such option to Allow Fast Saves. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank You, MWS I am ...

Was the 12.1.5 update pulled?
Hi all... I have two machines with (one with 12.1.3 installed and one with 12.1.4 installed), but Microsoft AutoUpdate isn't finding the 12.1.5 update. Anybody know if 12.1.5 was yanked for some reason? - Steve The update might not available via AutoUpdate yet, even though I seem to remember other users stating that it is. Nevertheless, you can download the updater from Mactopia; try this link: <http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/1/A/01A57205-E4C3-4DB3-A3EA-477B83 D3FB14/Office2008-1215UpdateEN.dmg> If the above link does not work, try this one instead: <http://tiny...

Updating email addresses via recipient policy
This may be dumb to ask, but before I go and seriously mess up my users I thought I'd ask a couple questions. I am using Exchange 2003 to support a user community of about 200. There are also about 25 distribution groups with email addresses. Our company is changing domain names as well as business name. I'm not going to remove the existing email addresses in the recipient policy, but instead add the new domain and make it the default. It's easy enough to edit the recipient policy to modify the email addresses there and apply that to all the accounts, but my question is this...

Outlook 2007
Two users using Outlook 2007 (Administrator and his assistant), the assistant is a delegate on the Administrator's Contact list. In OL 2007 the delegate is unable to view the contacts from the delegators list of contacts when creating/forwarding an email (see attachment). The delegators contacts were available in OL 2003. All appropriate permissions have been configured to allow delegate access (has editor permissions). Thank You Allison +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: AddressList.JPG ...

Windows update does not work 01-21-10
I have windows vists 64 on my laptop and when it tries to do an automatic update the updates will not take and if I go to the windows update site it says administrator only. Well I am the only one who uses this pc and I checked my settings account as the administrator and it still will not work-- chilid http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525 "chilid856" wrote: > I have windows vists 64 on my laptop and when it tries to do an automatic > update > the updates will not take and if I go to the windows update site it says > administrator only. Well I...

need help updating chart (series in dynamic range)
Hi, I have couple charts with series in dynamic range. In VBA, I tried to update them using chart1.refresh. Somehow, not all the charts are updated. Any idea? Thanks Jeff, You might try adding a selection change event similar to one of the two below to the sheet module that holds the charts . . . Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) ActiveSheet.Calculate End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveCell.Row > 1 And ActiveCell.Row < 5 Then _ ActiveSheet.Calculate End Sub A recalculation is forced causi...

List of fixes between the last beta release and the RTM release
Does anyone know of a source of a list of fixes that were implemented (particularly those that are visible to the users) between the latest beta of Ms CRM 3.0 and the RTM version of MS CRM 3.0? In particular, I'm hoping that the web browser phone activity has been fixed - in the beta version it has a sender and recipient, and the close statuses are Sent and Cancelled. Thanks Gill Opsis www.opsis.com.au Gill, I am not aware of any published list of fixes. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Gill" <gill@nospam_opsis.com.au> wrote in message news:3BF83113-E47D-4...

DST update
Hi, we have updated all servers and exchange servers with updates 926666 and 930241 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930241) Since all servers are ok except for the main cluster we use. It has two Mailboxe stores, one is mounting ok and the second one not. When i try to mount it manually i receive that error: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation on the Information Store. ID no: c1041723 Of course i use a domain admin account enabled that has never had issues before mounting stores. The very strange thing is that it is possible for mailboxes contained in that m...

System Jobs for Matchcode update stuck in waiting status
System Jobs for Matchcode update stuck in waiting status. Does anyone know how to resolve this? It seems to be for Leads, Accounts, and Contacts. Also, does this affect workflows? -- Onetreeup The status waiting may indicate the workflow has run into an exception. To view this open the advanced find on the system jobs and add the columns message and error code to the view, this will give any additional information if available. This may help you to resolve the issue. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeete...

KB907747
FYI. ...

global address list problems
I got a couple problems reported to me that I don't have much info on but I'll post what I can and hopefully someone can at least point me in the right direction. I've been told that some users at work on a system I'm not an admin on (but was on a contract to deliver) are having trouble getting Contact objects to show up in the GAL when they add a new one. They wait at least 2 days and the contacts never show up. I've been told the entries are getting an email address and they closed Outlook and reopened it with no success. I do not know if they tried to use the All...