Updating ConversationTopic and DisplayName in a contact item

Hi,
We use a contact database that has been corrupt for several reasons.
I am trying to update different fields cause number of them have some
spaces before and after like 'FullName'
I see that the Conversation topic and the DisplayName field still have
some spaces and I read somewhere that the ConversationTopic field is a
read only field.

This is a piece of my code :
-----------------------

            For Each folderitem In oFolder.Items
)

            If oFolder = "Account Profiles" Then
                Set MyItem = Objsession.getmessage(folderitem.EntryID,
oFolder.StoreID)
                On Error Resume Next
                Set objFields = MyItem.fields
                Set obAccountName = objFields.Add("Account Name", 8)
                Set obSubject = MyItem.Subject
                String_1 = Trim(obAccountName)
                If String_1 <> obAccountName Then
                    UserForm2.txtzone.Text = UserForm2.txtzone.Text &
vbCr & vbLf & "Realigning - " & oFolder & " \ " & MyItem.Subject & " -
[AccountName]"

                    obAccountName.Value = String_1
                    obSubject.Value = String_1
                    MyItem.Update True, True
                    compteur = compteur + 1
                End If
            End If

            ' check the current folder cause the fields are differents
                If oFolder = "Account Contacts" Then
                    obCompanyName = folderitem.CompanyName
                    obFullName = folderitem.FullName
                    obSubject = folderitem.Subject
                    obConversation = folderitem.ConversationTopic

                    Set MyItem =
Objsession.getmessage(folderitem.EntryID, oFolder.StoreID)
                    On Error Resume Next
                    String_1 = Trim(obCompanyName)
                    String_2 = Trim(obFullName)
                    String_3 = Trim(obSubject)
                    String_4 = Trim(obConversation)
                    If String_4 <> obConversation Then
                        UserForm2.txtzone.Text =
UserForm2.txtzone.Text & vbCr & vbLf & "Realigning - " & oFolder & " \
" & String_2 & " (Company : " & String_1 & ") - [ConversationTopic]"

                        folderitem.ConversationTopic.Value = String_4
                        MyItem.Update True, True
                    End If

I dont't post here the entire code be you can see what I want to do.

Is there a way to correct the values of the ConversationTopic and
Display name using vba ?

Thanks

Please reply to romainp_no_spam@sqliaison.com (remove _no_spam)
0
romainp (1)

Problem with Script Updating

"Find a contact box" problem
Hi. I�m having problems with the �Find a contact� box on the Standard toolbar. Previously, I would type in a name and the search would pull up name/s from the Outlook Contacts folder first then, if the name is not in the Contacts folder, it would pull up name/s from the Global Address List if any. Now, when I type in a name, the search only pulls up name/s from the Global Address List. The search does not include the Contacts folder although there are entries in the Contacts folder. The problem started after I transferred a couple of Contacts subfolders to another pst file. How do I fix the p...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Db is corrupted ? "Can't open item" message.
Exchange 2000 Servers, two mailboxe servers, Symantec AV SMS 4.0 Recipients from both mailbox servers opening messages get message on Outlook 2002 "Can't open item" in 20% of their messages. Sporadic type of problem. Sometimes one user can open same message OK, other can't. I go to "Sent" items of user and sometimes "Can't open item" is displayed there. I accessed mailbox from affected user from Mailbox server (Outlook) and problem does reproduce Problem seems to start on Saturday. I didn't make any changes to Exchange The only recent change done ...

Inventory Transfer selecting incorrect stock items
Hello We are doing stock transfers and when we select items from the inventory list, it is putting a completely different item into the transfer????? I have re-indexed but it made no difference. -- Jenny ...

How update entity in post update?

Contact lookup in Opportunity Entity
Often times we sell to one end-user within a large organization (Account). I consider the Accout our customer so use the Potential Customer field to lookup the Account. However, I would like to be able to quickly see that Joe Smith is the primary contact for a particular opportunity so that when I view 'My Opportunities' I can go to the one with Primary Contact Joe Smith. The way we do this now is by inputing the Topic of the Opportunity to be "Joe Smith - Software Sale". Then when we open that opportunity we can go to relationships and find that Joe Smith is the Business Dec...

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update

QuickAssist as a Type of Item Movement
Hi, There's something or some process called QuickAssist that is changing our inventory values to the wrong numbers. The only way I can see it is by opening an item in Store Ops (not HQ), clicking the Movement button and then looking at the item movement (for all dates) for any particular item. Many of the items in our database will show movement from being Transferred or put on a Purchase Order or simply by a Manual Adjustment, but this mysterious QuickAssist is foreign to all of us and we can't figure out why it will change our inventory numbers to negative values: Here's an exa...

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...

automatically update field
Hi I have a combo box with two columns - product & stock code. When I select a product I want the the stock code column which I have in my table to automatically populate. Is this possible to have on the actual main table? -- Thank you for your help Yes - you could use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set the value of the control bound to the field holding the stock code. But - why ? You already have the stock code so it seems you want to store it again (twice in the same table or - even worse - in another table). Both of these are very bad ideas. You should use the rel...