Unwanted fields in a distribution list

I am trying to send out a mass e-mail, and have even tried it through
creating a distribution list.  When I choose which address book to send it
from, my contacts come up twice.  Once with an e-mail, and once with a fax,
under the e-mail column as well.  I have checked, and do not have duplicates,
and when initially mapping these fields from excel to outlook, the fields are
correct.  I only see duplicates when pulling contacts from the address book
in the "create new e-mail" screen.
0
Margo (5)

Margo <Margo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am trying to send out a mass e-mail, and have even tried it through
> creating a distribution list.  When I choose which address book to
> send it from, my contacts come up twice.  Once with an e-mail, and
> once with a fax, under the e-mail column as well.

This is correct behavior.  Since a FAX number is also an electronic address
and Outlook can work with a number of FAX programs to send faxes, the
address book view will show the FAX number as well.

> I have checked,
> and do not have duplicates, and when initially mapping these fields
> from excel to outlook, the fields are correct.  I only see duplicates
> when pulling contacts from the address book in the "create new
> e-mail" screen.

They're not duplicates.  They're two separate electronic addresses for the
same Contact and since it is the Address Book's job to display electronic
addresses, you will see both.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
5/26/2006 7:59:29 PM
Normal behavior.
Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there
are many client- and server-based components that can use such addresses.

One method to hide fax numbers from the address book is to prefix the fax
number with one or more letters (maybe B for business fax, H for home, O for
other). If the fax number begins with a letter, Outlook won't show it in the
address book.

There are a couple of utilities that can help you hide fax numbers from the
address book. See http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/rshifa.htm and
http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook_Solutions.htm (Hide Fax Numbers).

Another way to avoid having fax numbers appear in the address book is
simply not to enter data in the fax fields. Put fax numbers in some other
(non-phone) fields.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Margo" <Margo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to send out a mass e-mail, and have even tried it through
> creating a distribution list.  When I choose which address book to send it
> from, my contacts come up twice.  Once with an e-mail, and once with a
> fax,
> under the e-mail column as well.  I have checked, and do not have
> duplicates,
> and when initially mapping these fields from excel to outlook, the fields
> are
> correct.  I only see duplicates when pulling contacts from the address
> book
> in the "create new e-mail" screen.

0
russval1 (2100)

create drop ship purchase orders from Field Service
I spoke to a customer at Convergence who would like to be able to create drop ship purchase orders from the Service Call Entry Parts window. Currently only standard purchase orders can be generated from the Create PO window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Where is the "source" field for investment transactions?
I use the "source" field, which is set up under categories. It is accessible and editable in Cash accounts, but not investment accounts (e.g. dividend payments are posted to a cash account. When I click "edit transaction" it takes me to the investment account, where the field "source" is not shown. Any suggestions or work-arouns on how to access the "source" field with investment transactions? Thanks, Michael Is "Source" a classification? I'm not aware of it as a "Field". In Investment Transactions with a cash component (e.g.,...

Auto Complete field
I am using Access 2010 and I have a datasheet which records Invoice data: Invoice number Client ID Client surname Invoice date Invoice amount Date paid Invoice number is the primary key and the table is linked to the Client datasheet. I would like to be able to enter the Client ID in the Invoice Datasheet and have Access auto complete the Client surname field. Is that possible? Would I need to build an expression or is there something in Design that can be used? All help appreciated. Steve On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 01:35:53 -0000, "StevePlym" <stevep...

download global address list
Im trying to make my global address list from the company available offline for when Im not connected to the server. We are using Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2000. I have already tried going to Tools -> Syncronize - > Download Address Book, but when I go there, there are no pull down menus for any address books, its just blank. I really have no idea as to whether this is an Exchange issue or an Outlook problem, but either way I cannot get it to work. ...

Extract month form a datetime field
Hi, something else: I want to show in a view, the month of a date as fixed format = "00" Thanks again LAM LuisM (luisantony&@hotmail.com) writes: > I want to show in a view, the month of a date as fixed format = "00" replace(str(Month(datecol), 2), ' ', '0') -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server Books Online: SQL 2008: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/cc514207.aspx SQL 2005: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/bb895970.aspx SQL 2000: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinf...

Excel pivot table
Is there a limit to the number of data fields that can be included in pivot table? I have designed a pivot table that contains 90 dat fields, but as soon as I enter data in those columns of the spreadshee and hit "refresh data", it loses a lot of the fields. These are no empty columns, but even if they were, I don't want to lose the field in my pivot table. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! mary -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following MSKB article outlines the PivotTable limitations in Excel 2000, and links to articles on other versions: XL200...

how to create a field based on many different conditions
Hi, I'm trying to create a field based on many different conditions in Make Table Query in Access 2003, e.g., if VAR1 and VAR2 meet certain condition, assign a value "A" to the new field "Category"; if VAR1 and VAR2 meet other condition, assign a value "B" to "Category" so on and so forth. I keep getting separate field for each condition, something like "Expr1023". Please help! Thank you! Since you haven't provided the expression or SQL statement, I will assume it is quite complex. I would remove the complexity from the query ...

What is DetailID field in TransactionEntry table?
Hi all, I am importing our old sales history into RMS and have a question on the DetailID field in the TransactionEntry table. In the sample database, most items are 0, some are 13, some 115. What does this field mean? Am I safe to import using 0 for all of my items? Thanks in advance! The DetailID is the SerialID of a voucher. To be thorough, once you've imported items into the Serial table (gift cards/vouchers that have already been sold) you can transfer the Serial ID into the Detail ID of the actual transaction entry of that Gift Certificate (voucher) purchase. Hope this helps...

03 -> 07 migration EAP unwanted results: unwanted email address for all users
I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the non-defualt policies are defined by dept One of the policies appears to have added an unwabted address to default users, this dispite checking (previewing) the filter befire applying How can I remove the unwanted address from the group of users who should only be getting the default polcy? F Hello Frank, > I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration > > I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the > non-defualt policies a...

open a file listed in my db
I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it I would like to double click on an excel vile name listed in the access db and have it open How would I go about this? gary, Take a look in Access help. Look for "followhyperlink" HTH Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Gary." wrote: > I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files > > I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it > > I would like...

compare 2 lists and common ones display on the 3rd column
Hi, Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones that occur in both lists to a 3rd column? Thanks. Elaine. Use a macro:- Sub CompareAndPutinColumn3() j = 1 For i = 1 To Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(1)) If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Columns(2), Cells(i, 1)) > 0 Then Cells(j, 3) = Cells(i, 1) j = j + 1 End If Next i End Sub somethinglikeant elaine wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones > that occur in both lists to a 3rd column? > > Thanks. >...

Re: unwanted pictures
64, not 54 Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. "Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in message news:efZ2Kq0iKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > 64, not 54 > > Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. Are you correcting your IQ? You believe your IQ is 64 and not 54? ...

Excel Random Number generation for Lognormal distribution
Woould like to know how to have Excel generate random numbers conforming to lognormal distribution To make that completely clear use =exp(normsinv(Rand())) Geoff "John Veenstra" <JohnVeen@AOL.com> wrote in message news:0af501c377b4$9a801610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Woould like to know how to have Excel generate random > numbers conforming to lognormal distribution ...

Stripping out unwanted date in cell
Hello, I am trying to import a Global address list, but my problem is I need just the smtp address in the cell so i want to strip out all the other junk, here is a couple of examples of what the field could appear like. I need to strip out everything accept for the SMTP:someaddress@someplace.someextension. It could be any extension and it is not always a percent at the beginning or end. SMTP:bubba.cairn@bla.ca%MS:UOF9/UNIVERSITY/bcairn%X400:c=US;a=;p=Uof9;o=Univ ersity?Hall;s=Cairn;g=bubba;%CCMAIL:Cairn, bubba at University_Hall CCMAIL:ssdsexam at STUDENT-SERV%MS:UOF9/STUDENTSER/SSDSEXAM%SMTP...

QUERY to show record if text present in field
I have a query that I would like for it to only show a record if there is something (text/anything) present in that field. Any ideas on how to do that would be appreciated. In the criteria for the field in question put: Is Not Null -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "yorkielover02" wrote: > I have a query that I would like for it to only show a record if there is > something (text/anything) present in that field. Any ideas on how to do that > would be appreciated. yorkielov...

Setting field to null through code
I need to be able to set a field to null based on certain conditions, which means I need to be able to set a string variable to null. I have not been able to find any way to do this (I get invalid use of null). Any ideas? Thanks; Amy You cannot set string variables to Null. The only variable type that can be set to Null is variant. What exactly are you trying to do? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Amy Blankenship" <Amy_nospam@magnoliamultimedia.com> wrote in message news:ezupe05VIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl......

calculated field in new line sometimes gives an error
Strange... I have a form in datasheet view with 5 numerik fields. I added an extra calculated field to sum the 5 numerik fields. This all goes ok. The 5 fields have a default value of 0, so the "new line" row contains 5 zero's with are summed as 0. When entering a new line, the "new" new line that instantly appears gives an error on the calculated field (#Error). This does NOT always happen. Sometimes it does, sometimes it calculates 0 ???????? What might be causing this? -- Patrick Patrick, Sounds like you have a null in there from time to time....

Offline address lists Problem
Hi, I´ve a exchange 2000 clustered enviroment in the company, but outlook users didn´t syncronize offline address list, they receive a error. Everything it´s ok in the environment, I configured a server to host the offline address list and the DC´s are OK. What can be the problem? Thanks! -- Gustavo Z. Velozo ...

Missing parameter
I have a report, which incldes two sub-reports, which run off 3 queries. I get a paremeter error, where a field is required but missing.i can run the sub-reports by themselves, and the queries by themselves, but the main report container fails with this error. I have combed the fields in design view, listed the fields in VBA, checked group and sort, order by properties: the field is not used. So, how do I find it? Ron Ron Carr wrote: >I have a report, which incldes two sub-reports, which run off 3 queries. >I get a paremeter error, where a field is required but missing.i ...

Delete Fields?
Hi, When I delete a post by buttom code then I see that all fields labeled with "Remove" word instead of being empty (space), I am looking for a suggestion may be a modification in the VB code in MS Access 2007, I do after the removing oparation Me.Refresh code but it still showing "Remove". And when I add DoCmd.Requery code it shows another post which I don't want to see it. May I add "goto" function, in order to go to new empty post? If that is the solution so how may I do that? Thank you. After the delete code's last step, try putting this as the...

Search using multiple fields
Hi Is it possible to search by multiple fields, for example: telephone = '123' or telepone2 = '123' Any suggestions TIA Miria >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Is it possible to search by multiple fields, for example: telephone = '123' or telepone2 = '123' ? >Any suggestions? > >TIA, >Miriam > >. Miriam, the "normal" search fields don't give you this opportunity. But you can use the advanced search option. Tools/Advanced search Searching on two different objects isn't possible. Steffen Klipfel If you ...

No Tree Structure in OL 2003 Folder List for Contacts
No Tree Structure in Folder List for Contacts In the Outlook 2003 Folder List (left hand pane) I can set icons at the bottom to quickly skip back & forth. The only way to get a Tree Structure for Contacts is to Select the Folders List Icon which shows all items, Emails, Contacts etc. in the tree structure that I have set up just like Outlook 2000. If I select the Mail Icon, I see my mail folders only as expected and they are in the tree structure I have set up as expected. If I select the Contacts Icon, I see only Contacts as expected HOWEVER they are in one long list in no obvious ord...

Match Formula for three fields to produce result
ID # Document Date Comments 123456 Profile Statement 12/31/2009 Will be returned this week Can someone help with a match formula that will match ID#, Document, and Date (needs to match all three) and generate the text listed the comments column. Thank you in advance! Using cells to hold the lookup criteria... A1 = some ID number B1 = some document type C1 = some date Then, array entered** : =INDEX(Comments,MATCH(1,IF(ID=A1,IF(Document=B1,IF(DATE=C1,1))),0)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not jus...

Recent File List not there
In Office Pro/Excel 2000 I have Options set to show the last 9 files used, but lately there have been none showing if I haven't opened Excel for more than a day or two. I never heard of this being time delimited before. Any suggestions? RM Do you have a little character pointing down at the bottom of the File menu? If so, try clicking on it and see if your file list reappears. James romat@invalid.net wrote: > In Office Pro/Excel 2000 I have Options set to show the last 9 > files used, but lately there have been none showing if I haven't opened > Excel for more than a day ...

unwanted pictures
Every day in my "recently changed" file under "DOCUMENTS" I receive hundreds of unwanted pictures.It seems as if they are snapshots from a tv news show. Help Jade -- jadelo22 probably cached images from webpages you visited, or HTML email you opened, or webpages you stored locally but opened several times. Don't be concerned with it, it's stored for faster access in case you open same webpage again and system detect's page hasn't changes since last visit. But with huge RAM memories & fast Internet these days, its usefulness is ...