unwanted background in received emails

I am about to pull my hair out! I am using Outlook XP on a
Windows XP machine. All of a sudden every email I receive
from multiple users comes in with a gray background. Even
if I send an email to myself and the background looks
white in the email I send, it still shows up gray when I
open the email. How do I stop this? What's interesting is
if I change my Mail Format option within Outlook to send
plain text emails, this does not happen. It seems to
happen if the option is HTML or Rich Text. However, it's a
little unrealistic to have everyone who sends me an email
change to the plain text option. I did a search for this
problem in various help groups/sites and someone mentioned
to delete the normal.dot and email.dot files and they will
rebuild themselves to the default. Well I found the
normal.dot and the email.dot files, deleted them but (a)
it didn't rebuild themsleves and (b) I am still having the
same problem. Maybe I didn't do this correctly. I don't
know. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lauren
0
lmaurer (4)

Retaining user-defined chart settings when emailing document
I created several user-defined chart settings in an Excel spreadsheet. However, when I emailed this file to my coworkers, these settings were not attached when my coworkers opened the file on their respective computers. It appears that user defined settings are only available on the computer on which they were created. Is this true? Hogon - Do you mean user-defined chart types? They reside, as you surmise, on the computer where they were created. Last year I posted a technique to distribute user defined charts: http://www.google.co.uk/groups?selm=upsFhQ%23LEHA.1156%40TK2MSFTNGP09.p...

Main form locks when subform receives focus
I have a form that includes a subform. They are tied by field Policy Number. Both have the same source table. The main form is used to enter requests to waive fees on a policy. The subform is only used to display other requests within the table for the policy number entered on the main form. If I place focus on the subform by scrolling to view all information available, the main form will not allow further data entry and I have to close out of the form leaving the record only partially complete. Can anyone tell me why and what I can do to fix this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.co...

Receivings Posting Journal
Hello all, I had an interruption while posting recevings and was later able to post however on the Receivings Posting Journal it says "**Error Posting to table POP30390. Restore from backup if possible" "**Error Posting to table POP30310. Restore from backup if possible" Can't find in knowledge base anywhere. TIA Brian, Checkout blog post below in Janakiram blog: http://janakirammp.blogspot.com/2009/08/error-posting-to-table-pop30310-restore.html Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Sol...

How to add background pattern in CEditView?
I want to create an editor for editing text files with fixed columns, e.g., colums 1-5 for a numeric ID, 6-10 for Name, 11-20 for values, etc. (of course I would use fixed-space fonts.) To identify the fields I plan to shade each column with a different back ground color. What's a good way to add such backgorund patterns in CEditView? My first try was to overide the OnPaint method. The plan is to paint the colums with transparent colors after the texts have been drawn. I thought I can call CEditView::OnPaint to paint the text before I paint the columns. But the call did nothin...

Cannot send email to Hotmail but I can to other domains
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Microsoft FrontPage Insider | January 26, 2004 Sent: 2/5/2004 7:30 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Terence Cayto' on 2/5/2004 7:32 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mailsrv.aidea.org #5.5.0 smtp;502 Command unimplemented> This is normally caused by having a Watchguard firewall. You can try creating an SMTP Connector and on it say "S...

emailing pdf
How do I email a worksheet in a pdf format. is there free software to convert to pdf format that anyone uses and recommends? -- nickp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nickp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26016 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393715 See http://www.pdf995.com/ . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "nickp" <nickp.1tezqb_1123452311.4157@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in me...

Hiding Email Addresses
Hello, Basically I want to send out a mailing list for my business. But I don't want others to see the other customers in my mailing list or their email addresses. So I created a group to place all my customers names and email addresses. But if I choose to send this group a general email each and everyone can see each others email address and names. Is there a way I can send these emails out without everyone seeing each others email and names? Thanks I appreciate any help. Nick Pavlovich On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:12:58 -0700, "Nick" <nickpavlovich@surewest.net> ...

Can't open emails
I just spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Microsoft on another issue, then when I tried to read my emails on Microsoft Outlook they will not open. I can highlight the email and when I double click to open, nothing happens. Tried several times, also restarted computer. Help?? On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:40:20 -0700, "MShelley" <MalindaShelley@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I just spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Microsoft on >another issue, then when I tried to read my emails on >Microsoft Outlook they will not open. I can highlight the >email and when I double click...

Emails disappearing from IMAP Inbox (AOL)
I've been using Outlook Express, Windows Mail and now Windows Live Mail to receive emails with my AOL account. I know that AOL deletes emails from their server once read and I think I used to manually copy emails to this account to a local inbox while I was using Outlook Express. Then while using Windows Mail, I shifted to POP3, because of some glitch with IMAP account. When I upgraded to Win7, WLM set up my AOL account as IMAP automatically and it seems like it's deleting read emails that are over a month old. I don't see any local inbox created by WLM but ho...

background sounds
I have a background sound playing on my web page (mp3) andit works great, is there any way that someone who views the page can click a button to turn the sound off. I like the sound there but if someone wants to turn it off, it would be a nice option. Matthew Harrington <Matthew Harrington@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a background sound playing on my web page (mp3) andit works > great, is there any way that someone who views the page can click a > button to turn the sound off. I like the sound there but if someone > wants to turn i...

Send/Receive Error messages
This message or a similar one shows up when I try to send receive messages in Outlook or Outlook Express. Task 'pop.earthlink.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR syntax error' I have contacted my ISP and I am told that it is a Microsoft issue. I have re-installed Office 2003 and Windows XP. Nothing seems to help. I'm just a little b...

cannot send emails 06-22-10
I haven't been able to send emails for days now. This is an error code I get - The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: The IKEA Sale starts tomorrow!', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Are you sending from home or away from home? If at home, were you using a Bellsouth Internet connection? Has your home ISP notified you that your Bellsouth mail account has been migrated to the AT&T/Yahoo mail server? Gary VanderMole...

03 -> 07 migration EAP unwanted results: unwanted email address for all users
I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the non-defualt policies are defined by dept One of the policies appears to have added an unwabted address to default users, this dispite checking (previewing) the filter befire applying How can I remove the unwanted address from the group of users who should only be getting the default polcy? F Hello Frank, > I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration > > I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the > non-defualt policies a...

Email Signature #2
I have composed an HTML signature in Frontpage 2000 which as 2 hyperlinks (a mailto and a URL). These are formatted in FP2000 to be orange in colour with a mouse over effect to bold them. When I put the signature into Outlook, it works fine except the hyperlinks do not show as hyperlinks and are default hyperlink colour (blue). Can anyone explain?? Thanks. Richard Benson ...

send email through a mail enabled public folder
Running Exchange 2003. I have set up a public folder, and mail enabled it. I have no problem sending email to this folder, however, I would like to be able to send email as the email-address configured to the public folder. Outlook will not let me do this, telling me that I do not have permissions to do this. I as a user is a Publishing Editor on this public folder, and have Full Control in Directory Rights on the folder. And finally, I have set up Send on behalf under Delivery Options to myself (my own email account). I am wondering if the problem might be that the email address th...

All Emails Have Disappeared
When I went today to check my emails in my inbox, my computer froze and I rebooted and went back in but to find that all my emails have disappeared from my inbox; however, all my other folders (sent, drafts, deleted, etc. emails are there). I thought it was comcast and called them but they said it is in OUtlook. This has never happened to me before and have rebooted in the past and all my emails have been there. Where are they and how do I retrieve them back? Desperate - please respond - I need someone's intellect and wisdom to resolve this problem. Thank you - Deborah What...

Inserting picture as a background
I inserted a picture as my background from my hard drive. Multiple images appeared in the document. I know that if you are working with a webpage it tiles so that the image appears on each page. But I am creating a brochure and only want 1 image. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a solutionl. -- kbp When you use the Format >> background you will get tiling. Best to put an image on the Master Page and stretch it to fit. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Kimberley" <Kimberley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2123E93-DDEF-4...

Mechanism for sending group emails
If I sent out a group email with 200 recipients with 2mb attachment through Outlook, how does Outlook and Server handle it? Does emails go out one by one from Outlook, or server would grab all the info at once and sending out from server one by one. Also does the behavior differ between Outlook and Web interface, and Exchange vs SMTP? ...

Exchange 2003 Email Distribution List Server Software
I need to know if there is any software that integrates into Exchange 2003 SP1 for Mail lists. Something along the lines of Listserv, but something that I can actually install on the Exchange server and make it work like a true mail list server. Something like this, http://www.lsoft.com/products/listserv_features.asp but something more integrated into Exchange. I'd rather not have a different box that we have to do a bunch of complex routing for. the Moderated lists is the main key here. Thanks Ikakura from Redfish - http://www.ikakura.com/ -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ------...

Add BCC to emails
Hi, I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3 and need to add the BCC option to my mails. I had assumed that this would have been done via the View option, but I can't find it - anyone any suggestions as to how I do it? It will need to be permanent i.e. the option to be able to send bcc to be on every email I write -- Cheers Peter (Reply to address is a spam trap - pse reply to the group) Does this help? How to reveal the Bcc box in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299804 Petert wrote: > Hi, I'm running Outlook 2002 SP3 and need to add the BCC option to my &...

Junk emails by Exchange 2007
We are making use of junk email filter by Exchange 2007 at Outlook 2007. The workstations store emails at pst file, instead of Exchange server mailbox. however, we find the some junk mails go to mailbox at pst file and some junk mails go to mailbox at server mailbox. Should they all go to the junk mail folder at pst file instead of server mailbox? Thanks a lot. Tony No, that is the difference between client-side filtered or server-side filtered. The Exchange server is not involved with local pst-file. Just curious; why would you want delivery to a pst-file when you have an Excha...

Forward an email with an existing attachment
Hello, I noticed that when forwarding an email that has an existing attachment, this latter is "lost" and I have to 1.make a local copy 2.save the email 3.attach the local copy 4 send the email Not very efficient for an helpdesk team handling many customer emails a day... Is their a workaround for that? Thanks Eric Can anyone reply to this? It's weird that the attachment is lost. - BM "Eric" wrote: > Hello, > > I noticed that when forwarding an email that has an existing attachment, > this latter is "lost" and I have to 1.make a loca...

Re: unwanted pictures
64, not 54 Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. "Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in message news:efZ2Kq0iKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > 64, not 54 > > Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. Are you correcting your IQ? You believe your IQ is 64 and not 54? ...

Live.com emails to Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Have been able to get hotmail emails, but not live.com emails. Outlook on Windows has a 'connector' to get live.com emails Is there a 'connector' for Entourage on Mac OSX? If not, would the Mac BU team please consider developing one? I use Macs and Windows machines and would like to seamlessly work on my email on either platform. Thanks. Padu ...

Outlook to add my gmail account emails
yes i have a free "gmail account" and as well as a "Yahoo email account" I would like to add those accounts to to my outlook 2003? I am not savvy to knowing if these two accounts are pop3 or what ever the other types of email services. "Sparky" <Sparky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E747FA-B5D0-4EEB-97BE-4943F403C200@microsoft.com... > yes i have a free "gmail account" and as well as a "Yahoo email account" I > would like to add those accounts to to my outlook 2003? I am not savvy to > knowing if these tw...