unsolvable problem

This the first time I've posted a message, left it up for
a week and received no replies.  My unsolvable problem is
mail I send from Outlook or Outlook Express is sent BUT
also stays stuck in my outbox with the message that it
has not been sent.

Mailbox Move Problem
I have two Exchange 2000 servers in a Windows 2000 domain. I used Active Directory Exchange Tasks to move a mailbox from one server to the other. I archived the mailbox so that it would be as small as possible to move. The wizard said it moved the mailbox, no problem - seemed simple enough. However, when I try to access the mailbox by setting up a new profile to the new server, I get an "Outlook cannot open the folder" message and it does not open up the mail store. If I use OWA as a quick way to check the mailbox (\\server\exchange\username) I get a "Page Cannot Be Displ...

Unsolved Mystery
It was march 2002. I had hotmail account. One day I found that somebody has sent email to my office from my hotmail account. I was shocked. It has file attachment about airfares. By coincidence, I was in process of preparing passport. I also started receiving mails on my hotmail account from email address of none other than my very senior officer of my company (my company is world's largest insurance company and such things are unthinkable). Since I had no knowledge of internet and there was no one in my office who know what internet means, it was shocking puzzle for me. But in those day...

Activation problem
I just downloaded the Visio 2007 Professional 60-day free trial. When Visio is launched, the Activation Wizard appears, with "Activate over the Internet" selected and "Activate by telephone" greyed out. When I click Next I get a "communication error" message. I called Microsoft and finally got bounced to their Activation Department, where I was told that the product cannot be activated over the Internet. However, the online activation documentation states that trial versions cannot be activated by telephone. I was then transferred to their technical department, w...

Outllook Problems
Basically what is happening is a user is sending emails using an arial font - when they arrive at the recipient end, the font has converted to Times New Roman. Also When looking at the character set on the source of the e-mail it is set to US-ASCII, on mine it is set to iso-8859-1 Obviously this is an issue as Tracey is part of the communications team and is very reliant on the functionality of her Outlook I have tried the following: Uninstalling Office XP professional and replacing it with Office Xp std (Gav has this version and has no problems) Comparing encoding and al...

dns and ip problems
I changed my ip adress on my comp, which is on a domain. But when i try to ping or get to my comp by domain name i get the old ip adress(the old ip adress is given to another comp)?!!?? I tried to get my self off the domain then change the ip and then join again but still the same problem. Cant find anywhere on my exchange where to change the ip adress or where it is linked to my domain name. When i do nslookup for my domain name allso gives me the old ip adress. pls help thx its a win2000 server "POLILOP" <fmatosic@@inet.hr> wrote in message news:udUuq7Z1FHA.460@...

Performance Problems
Good performance on NT box and Access 97 (front and back ends) Poor performanc on XP box with converted 2003 front end, 03 or 97 back end. Server holding back end has been tested with both 2000 and 2003 with no difference. DAO code running very quickly on both Connection to back end, specifically updating/appending tables running very slowly (up to 300% slower) When running both front and back end locally on xp box, speed is also slower but acceptable. Any suggestions? Several things to try: 1) remove any Sub Datasheet Name from the tables. see here: http://support.microsoft.c...

Outlook 2007 Profile problem
Hi there and I could really use some help over here. I have a laptop with Windows Vista Business. Installed with it was Office 2007 which included Outlook 2007. For the past few years I was working with my laptop with one company connecting to the exchange server using Outlook 2007. It has worked well both locally and remotely. Now that I have changed jobs I have decided to use the same laptop computer to connect to their exchange server and receive my new e-mail. The first thing I did was to create a separate PST file for the old company and store the old e-mails etc. I deleted t...

Known, but still unsolved problem
I have a well known problem concerning Outlook (it seems that it affects many versions, my version is Outlook 2000 SR-1 in WinXP Pro): the program doesn't end when closed and the window remains open. I've found many suggestions in the newsgroups, such as to remove addons, if present, or to check the integrity of the pst file, but none has been successful. Can someone help me? Thanks. Giovanni GRL <giovrell@tin.it> wrote: > I have a well known problem concerning Outlook (it seems that it > affects many versions, my version is Outlook 2000 SR-1 in WinXP Pro): > the pro...

Problems Starting Outlook 2000
I am currently running Outlook 2000 SP-3 with Windows XP- Pro. I have it set up for Internet mail only. When I start Outlook it gives me a dialog box titled Microsoft Mail. With fill in spots for Mail box, Post Office and Password. I have to click oof line in order to get outlook to run. How can I stop this dialog box from appearing everytime I start Outlook. I am using internet mail, not an exchange server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The title bar of the window is "Internet Accounts" there is only one tab and it is labelled "Mail" Then under t...

Major problem with XSD schema's in Internet Explorer
We develop and host a webbased accounting application which is fully xml/xsd and webservice oriented. We have recently noticed that xml schemas (xsd or xdr) are not being cached by Internet Explorer, or at least the cache isn't being used anymore. We know for a fact that this was working properly until recently: if-modified-since headers would be sent to the server which then replied with 304's, but now we see that these headers are not being sent anymore, forcing the server to respond with a 200. We suspect it must be due to some recent windows update (urlmon, wininet, msxml ?...

Task request problem
just put in new computor Dell /XP /Office Pro 03 outlook can not open task requests sent from others When trying to open there is a "cant open this item" error or operation failed:an object could not be found all other computors (outlook 00) can open these. I can send a task request that they can open Any help? Thanks Steveo ...

Roles/Security Problems
Hi Still using good old V1.2 and having problems with setting up roles and security for 'hiding' information between two different business units. Reading all the documentation on roles/security it all seems so easy but it does not seem too be working for us! I have two business units Sales and Purchasing, each with a user role set to only read/write/delete etc within the business unit. Now, I create a contact using a login within the purchasing BU but a sales user can still see it..... Any ideas? In urgent need to resolve this before getting the purchasing department onl...

Help help ,help! OWA problem. 440 Login Timeout https://emilserver/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://emailserver/exchange&reason=0
I installed Exchange2003 in windows 2003 server. it runs well . but few days ago, when I using https://emailserver/exchange to access OWA it automatic change address to https://emilserver/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url=https://emailserver/exchange&reason=0 and display below: 440 login Timeout. exchange2003 other part is good. user can use POP3 and SMTP. so I don't wan't reinstall all exchange2003 . I need find a tools or some thing can reinstall or reset OWA in IIS . who can help me? Thanks A lot. Best Regards Jeff Does this help? http://msmvps.com/cgross/archive/2004/0...

sent to problem
When I go into my documents and right click on a word doc and select send to mail recipient Outlook express would try to open up and configure even though I am using outlook on an exchange 2k3 platform. I removed outlook express but now it does nothing when I select the send to mail recipient. Any suggestions on how to mail outlook 2k3 the default would be appreciated. In ie 7 I have outlook selected as I can send pages through outlook from ie but not when I right click on a word doc - or any file and select the send to command ...

HD problem
A few days ago my backup software wouldn't work, it gave a message: "Failed to read from the sector 63 of hard disk". I ran Windows Chkdsk and it found no problems. The software worked until three days later and it had the same problem. I ran Chkdsk again, still found no problems. Then it worked again until two days later, when I got the same message. Is the HD about to go bad? Will formatting it help? Or it is time to get a new HD before it dies? -- Replace you know what by j to email Jan Philips wrote: > A few days ago my backup software wouldn't w...

unsolvable problem
This the first time I've posted a message, left it up for a week and received no replies. My unsolvable problem is mail I send from Outlook or Outlook Express is sent BUT also stays stuck in my outbox with the message that it has not been sent. ...

IF(ISNUMBER.... problem
I can't seem to figure this one out. I am trying to make either a checkmark, someones intials or a check box (reall doesn't matter which but check mark would be best) appear in a cell when three other cells in that same form contain data. The cells that need to be searched woutl only contain dates but the accutall date entered is irrelevant to the check box so I would assume that it only needs to search for generic data. The dates are entered as 05/01/06. Using online help I have been trying and trying with "=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("/",AND (G5,H5,I5))),"checkmark...

sales Tax Problem Help!
Hi i Justa changed the Sales Tax on Store Manager using administrator user and pasword , then item by item Aplied sales Tax on each when i use the pos with tailer User and Password tax do not apear but if i use the Administrator user and password it apear ...

Font problem
Hi, I am trying to change the font in an Owner Drawn list box. The list box consists of a series of buttons with an icon and some text underneath the icon (still on the face of the button). The problem is that I am creating a font and selecting it into the device context but if you resize the window it sometimes changes the font. Is there any way to prevent this? I want the font to remain consistent even when the window is resized. The code to create the font is: VERIFY(myfont.CreateFont( 8, // nHeight 0, // nWidth 0, ...

Formula problem #13
I am trying to come up with a formula for the following: I have a range of five cells in a column which are store numbers. The 5 cells represent Monday thru Friday (the labels of Mon thru Fri are in a separate column and won't need to be a part of the formula). example: Monday 452 (c1) Tuesday 453 (c2) Wednesday 453 (c3) Thursday 452 (c4) Friday 453 (c5) This is a schedule showing which store numbers a person is supposed to be in on these days. The person above, however is assigned three stores: 452, 453, and 454. In the blank cel...

Problems with Columns
Attempting to change existing text to two columns but sections in wrong order when changed to columns. What could be causing this? ...

Exchange 2003 problem #2
We got problem with email, so I tried to check the Exchange 2003 server, all clients cann't resolve the exchange server which they using msoutlook xp. I tried to ping from client the server that can able to resolve the server. I already try to reintall ADC and Exchange 2003 but still thesame problem. From event viewer I got error event id 9175, 3015 and 3018. I format the server and reinstall everything and thanks god it works but suddenly the problem back again in thesame problem... We have norton firewall, symantec anti virus system and I also install symantec antivirus/f...

Microsoft Money 2005 Report Problem
I am trying to get a transaction report of all withdrawals for the previous year from my checking accounts and the only thing that is reported is deposits. I had previously printed this report without any problem. Now it doesn't. I tried reinstalling the program and upgrading it but it didn't help. What am I doing wrong??? Any ideas? Pat ...

access problem
Hello newsgroup, i have a microsoft access 2000 database. Now, i have to install it on the pc of our customer. The customer has installed 2003. I can export all data, but i can not open the reports of this database. I will get the message ( if i got some) an active x or ole object is not installed. But i don't know which on can't be used. If i will create an equal database which the same references, it is not the problem. The only thing which i can not use on this pc is "insert a diagram" After this, we have installed a access runtime 2000, but the same error. Have somebod...

Problem with CArchive
Hi I am saving and loading a CArray using CArchive. CStdioFile file(fileName, CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); CArchive arc(&file, CArchive::store); mPad.Serialize(arc); CStdioFile file; CArchive arc(&file, CArchive::load); mPad.RemoveAll(); mPad.Serialize(arc); mPad is declared as CArray <Song, Song&> mPad; where Song is my own data struct. I'm using CStdioFile because I want to use ReadString. It was working fine, until I increased the size of the array slightly (but still much less than 4k) - then it loads about half the array and the rest is blank, ...