Unsafe attachments!!

Hi there,

OE keeps removing items it denotes as unsafe attachments, ie pictures from
friends,despite the fact that I know all is ok with them. Any ideas how I
can stop it dong this?

Many thanks
Darren

Darren Sampson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> OE keeps removing items it denotes as unsafe attachments, ie pictures
> from friends,despite the fact that I know all is ok with them. Any
> ideas how I can stop it dong this?
>
> Many thanks
> Darren

Tools-Options-Security for the 250,000th time!
This newsgroup is for support of Outlook

97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products.  Outlook

Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name.

For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or

an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com.  If you're

accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support

Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click

to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to

your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that

version number.  Good luck!

0
GordonBP1 (262)

Attachment not showing
Not sure if this is an Outlook Express or Outlook Issue: I will send an email with a PDF attachment using Outlook 2002. My friend who uses Outlook Express 6 will receive the email, but there is no attachment. To test this issue more... Test 1: [Problem] I have both email programs. So I sent myself an email with attachment using Outlook. I closed Outlook and OPENED Outlook Express and sure enough I received the email with NO attachment. Also, the font was not the font I used in Outlook which was Arial, in Outlook Express it showed Courier New instead. Test 2: [OK] I se...

Delete attachment and keep message
I am a new user of Outlook 2002. I just received an email from a relative with family pictures attached. How can I remove the attachments without deleting the message itself? I tried to right click on the attachment. A menu appeared but the Remove item is grayed out. I would appreciate any help you can give. ...

OPen an attachment
When trying to open a *wmv file attached to a mail I get the message"This file does not have a program associtated with it for performing ths action. Create an association in the File Options control panel." I have tried to do that but apprarently I am doing somethig wrong asd this still does not work. Windows XP Office 2000 "JimC" <JimC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5F1E35-693F-443C-913B-1DEE03B077F9@microsoft.com... > When trying to open a *wmv file attached to a mail I get the message"This > file does not have a ...

Missing attachments #4
Outlook does not recognize attachments from certain senders- there is not paper clip icon or any sign that they have attached a document - despite their certainty that they did. Any advice? ...

Attaching a Signature when using Send To>Mail Recipient.
Hi In Windows Explorer>Select a file>Right Click>Send To>Mail Recipient. It opens a new message with the folder attached but doesn't include my signature. It's attached in all the standard ways I create a new message Any ideas how to solve this problem? P.S. What's the difference between this NG & outlook.general? TIA Dave F. This is annoying, but I found a quick work around that works for me, so I never tried to adjust my signatures. I just use Auto Correct and set it to display after a few keystrokes. -- Top Notch Admin "Dave F." wrote: ...

What is an unsafe attachment?
I am creating my 3rd newsletter in Publisher and when I try to send this one as an email for proof reading, I am getting an error saying virus or unsafe attachment, pubCA6.tmp removed and no attachment at all is in the email. How can I correct this? My Norton is current and does not see a virus. Who is getting the error? You or the recipient? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "iclkid" <iclkid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7D6A3E7-F948-443E-9FA1-99233A1879A5@microsoft.com... >I am creating my 3rd newsletter in Publisher and when I try ...

help with attachments
When we try to send an attachment e-mail, an error comes up that the authentication setting might not be correct for our outgoing e-mail (SMTP) server. In the next paragraph it says: must issue a Starttls comand first. I have no idea what I am doing. Could you please help? andiejay@live.com You need to provide more details. Which email program are you using? Can you send emails without attachments? Who is your mail service = provider? If that is Live.com, be sure to use the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 58...

Sending in a attachment that i did not attach
When i send from Outlook it sends a attachment called winmail.dat I do not think it is anything BUT how do i get rid of it sending it as a lot of my customer emaikl systems are blocking my email as a virus THXS Steve "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DB656EF-A0E0-487B-8FAF-55F11B6A8F39@microsoft.com... > When i send from Outlook it sends a attachment called winmail.dat I do not > think it is anything BUT how do i get rid of it sending it as a lot of my > customer emaikl systems are blocking my email as a virus > > THXS Steve ...

Attachments Help
Hi All. I am looking for a way to delete all my attachments after a certain time period. I was wondering if there was anyone that can help me figure this out. I've tried to use a rule but I can't find one that will work. If there is VBA code that someone knows of that will perform this operation that would be great. Thanks much. Ross . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Still looking for some help on this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. braa0081 wrote on Tue, 27 April 2010 12:25 > Hi All. > > I am looking for a way to delet...

Unsafe attachments!!
Hi there, OE keeps removing items it denotes as unsafe attachments, ie pictures from friends,despite the fact that I know all is ok with them. Any ideas how I can stop it dong this? Many thanks Darren Darren Sampson wrote: > Hi there, > > OE keeps removing items it denotes as unsafe attachments, ie pictures > from friends,despite the fact that I know all is ok with them. Any > ideas how I can stop it dong this? > > Many thanks > Darren Tools-Options-Security for the 250,000th time! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suit...

OL2002 Copying attachments
We have a user that is trying to copy attachments from one email and paste them into a new email. He opens the original email that included the attachment, right-clicks on the attachment, selects copy. He then opens a new mail message and positions the mouse on the body of the email, right-clicks, and selects paste. Nothing happens. I have tried this on my machine and don't have any problems. He informed me that it used to work for him but quit. Our helpdesk has tried re-installing Office XP on his machine to fix the problem but that hasn't solved this issue. He gets around the proble...

removing access to unsafe attachments
Every once in a while I will get the message that "OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" I have not thought much about it until I e-mailed myself some attachments from my home computer which I know does not have a virus and the attachments are not "unsafe" If it automatically removes access to it, can I somehow get access to the attachments I sent. I really need to have them here at work and they are too big to put on a disk and bring with me. Any help? Carol Husted Carol Husted Bashed at the keyboard and said: > Every onc...

Can't open .doc file attachment from Windows Live
I've already associated the .doc file type with Microsoft Word in the control panel, but that hasn't helped. I've also gone under "set your default programs" in the control panel, but I am not seeing any of the Microsoft Works programs show up in the program list. The error message I receive in Live Mail is "The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel." I can open up the file if I save it...

Unable to send large attachments
Hello everyone, Currently I am using Outlook 2007 with a number of e-mail accounts (1-Exchange, 1-POP, 1-Hotmail) so in a way I have an equilibrium of accounts in one package. The problem I have is sending a large document (let's say a 1-Mb PDF file) attached on to the e-mail. What is seems to be happening is once Outlook has sent the e-mail, instead of moving the mail from the Outbox to the Sent Items, it remains there and it forms a continuing loop where it constantly resends the mail. The receiver ends up with a mail box full of multiple e-mails with large attachments. Appar...

Attachments not able to be opened
Outlook express intermitenly will not allow me to open some attachments sent. Outlook express states it has removed the "dangerous attachements". The attachments are from people that I know well and sending me documents that I need. Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem. Best Wishes Tom Lawson Tom Lawson <thomaslawson@sprintpcs.com> wrote: > Outlook express intermitenly will not allow me to open > some attachments sent. Outlook express states it has > removed the "dangerous attachements". The attachments > are from people that I know ...

Oultook and attachments
I have just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook. I have run into a problem when sending emails with attachments with total size of greater than say 500KB. The message seems to sit in the Outbox and I keep getting error messages saying that the connection has timed out ((0x8004210B - Operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending SMTP server))- yet the actual message seems to be sent as I do receive it in the Inbox (when I send the message to myself!) and it keeps being received numerous times until I delete it from the Outbox. Fuuny though but it does not appear in the Sent ...

Limit Attachment size
Hello We are using Outlook 2007 with POP3 mail accounts , No Exchange Server Is there a way when a user press Send to run a VBA code to check if any attachment in the mail is exceeding certain size limit we specify, say 5 Mega Max. , if so it displayes an error to user and refuse to send the mail Any help is very appreciated Thanks Bassam > We are using Outlook 2007 with POP3 mail accounts , No Exchange Server > > Is there a way when a user press Send to run a VBA code to check if > any attachment in the mail is exceeding certain size limit we specify, > say 5 Mega Max....

OE v6 Attachments and Word Pad
I am having a problem with Outlook Express and opening attachments. It opens almost all of my attachments in word pad and there document either says "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii" or it is scrambled up. I do not know if I have set this as default or what has happened but I do not know how to fix it. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this? Thanks for your help! Do they open in the right program when you save them to disk first? For further assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of I...

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

attaching a audio clip
how do i attach an audio clip to play when my email is sent? ...

Cannot email attachments-smtp server times out
I can't email attachments!!! Every time I do, I get the "SMTP server timed out". I can email text only. There doesn't seem to be any security enabled. I can download fine, and I can upload through an FTP program. This seems to be an outlook problem (outlook 2000). Any suggestions? Joe On 12 Apr 2004 16:23, "lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> wrote: >I can't email attachments!!! >Every time I do, I get the "SMTP server timed out". >I can email text only. >There doesn't seem to be any security enabled. >I ca...

Removing attachment from reply
I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the attachment back, simply and easily "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8F6825E-69E1-410E-846F-4D8139AAB456@microsoft.com... > I want to reply to a message with an attachment without sending the > attachment back, simply and easily Reply shouldn't keep the attachment by default. Replies do not include the attachment. Forwards include attachments. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "crownnut" <crownnut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Can't open the attached file in Simplified Word
When I received the mail with attachment in Simplified Word, I save it into the computer, however when i open, there's no word inside!! (There must have content inside!! because i forward that mail to my personal email accounts, i can see the attachment!) What can i do? Is there any problem in Outlook? What is Simplified Word? Do you see the attachment as soon as you hit Forward? If so it means the message was corrupted, often by an Antivirus scanner. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://ww...

unsafe attachments ?
Does anyone have a work around or solution to "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment "? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "phk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00b301c3d08e$6a159a80$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have a work around or solution to "Outlook > blocked access to the following potentially unsafe > attachment "? Ken Slovak (Outlook-MVP) has a t...

Attachment Formats
Is there any reason why I cannot send a music attachment in the MP3 format? Bernie Beal Could be blocked by your system administrator as a corporate policy or by your ISP. Outlook doesn't block mp3-files itself. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote in message news:eXrXUinuKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >...