Unsafe Attachments #2

How do you stop OE from removing so called unsafe attachments  BOb

0
arcebe (4)

Robert Brown wrote:
> How do you stop OE from removing so called unsafe attachments  BOb

have you never heard of Google? this must be the MOST ASKED question in
HISTORY.

0
bastet (136)
11/29/2003 8:56:18 PM
Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message.

It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either
by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security,
but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the
extra click.

For more information, see  http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com
Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"Robert Brown" <arcebe@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> How do you stop OE from removing so called unsafe attachments  BOb

0
dianenws (1904)

2 questions - Missing 'Windows Key'
1.) My R51 ThinkPad - XP Pro SP2 - does not have a 'Windows Key'. Is there a way to map an unused key to give it the functionality of the a 'Windows Key'? If so, is there a 'how-to' posted someplace? 2.) I recall reading a while back that IE8 had to be uninstalled prior to applying SP3. Have not seen that requirement in any of the SP3 upgrade cookbooks. Is that still a requirement / concern? Thanks. Teflon wrote: > 1.) My R51 ThinkPad - XP Pro SP2 - does not have a 'Windows Key'. Is > there a way to map an unused key to give it th...

Scribble #2
In the golden MFC example Scribble I found that the view repaint is rather sluggish after I scribbled up the whole client area. If I pop up a dialog and drag it across the painting area I can actually see the painting process around the dialog box and the drag isn't exactly smoothy. But there are more complicated windows application in which this slow repainting doesn't happen. For exam, in the traditional windows paint (mspaint.exe) program the repaint is rather fast that I simply could not feel it. Does mspaint has some sort of bitmap buffer that I can use to improve Scribble? Poss...

relationships #2
Hi all, How do I map an attribute to get automatically the value from the previously entity: The user fills the form of the Quote and wants to assign a contact person (lookup table) to the quote, he hits "New" but has to choose from ALL the contacts of the CRM. Similarly, when creating a new entity (i.e contact) which is Many to one to another enetity (i.e., opprotunity) the "of opportunity" field should know "where it came from" and not ask the user for it. ( there is for "Account" a system attribute called "parent customer" but not for o...

Attachment not showing
Not sure if this is an Outlook Express or Outlook Issue: I will send an email with a PDF attachment using Outlook 2002. My friend who uses Outlook Express 6 will receive the email, but there is no attachment. To test this issue more... Test 1: [Problem] I have both email programs. So I sent myself an email with attachment using Outlook. I closed Outlook and OPENED Outlook Express and sure enough I received the email with NO attachment. Also, the font was not the font I used in Outlook which was Arial, in Outlook Express it showed Courier New instead. Test 2: [OK] I se...

Outlook 2000 won't close #2
On our system Outlook doesn't really close. Even though you quit the program if you look at the task manager you will still find outlook.exe there. It's messing up our overnight system backup. What's worse is that at first it was just the "special" computers that had this problem but now every machine on our network has it--even the brand new Win XP ones (although they've all got office 2000.) A reappearing problem, for which there doesnt appear to be any deffinative answer! Often caused by third party addins or apps that interact with OL, eg fax software. I...

Delete attachment and keep message
I am a new user of Outlook 2002. I just received an email from a relative with family pictures attached. How can I remove the attachments without deleting the message itself? I tried to right click on the attachment. A menu appeared but the Remove item is grayed out. I would appreciate any help you can give. ...

Combining Tables #2
I have two tables with different sets of information, but they have a column in common - the ID number. The tables have differing numbers of rows, ie. some of the ID numbers in one table are not in the other table. How do I go about combining the two tables, so that the ID's match up, and the info from one table is carried to the matching ID in the other table? Sure appreciate your help on this - i'm under a lot of pressure to do this quickly, and cannot afford the time to go line by line matching ID's!!! :-) Thanks! mary trueblood This is usually done with formulas...

OPen an attachment
When trying to open a *wmv file attached to a mail I get the message"This file does not have a program associtated with it for performing ths action. Create an association in the File Options control panel." I have tried to do that but apprarently I am doing somethig wrong asd this still does not work. Windows XP Office 2000 "JimC" <JimC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5F1E35-693F-443C-913B-1DEE03B077F9@microsoft.com... > When trying to open a *wmv file attached to a mail I get the message"This > file does not have a ...

Missing attachments #4
Outlook does not recognize attachments from certain senders- there is not paper clip icon or any sign that they have attached a document - despite their certainty that they did. Any advice? ...

Name Tags #2
Hello, I am attempting to create sheets of name tags (Avery 5095) for my high school reunion. I want to add JPEGS (scaled down yearbook scans) and a different name to each tag, how do I do this, I am stumped? Thanks, Ralph What version Publisher? Are all your pictures in the database sorted to match the names? Setup up your page for the label. Open the catalog and merge wizard, follow the steps. In step 3 (Publisher 2003) expand the drop down, insert as a picture. The picture will be inline, right-click, format picture, layout, change the inline to exact and adjust the picture's ...

Matching Data between 2 Tabs on Same Workbook
I am a total newbie with this stuff so I am hoping someone has the patience to assist me. I have a workbook with 2 tabs: Tab 1 is called Historical. Historical has 2 columns. Column A1 is "Date" and Column B1 is "ZAR to USD." Historical has a Date (MM/DD/YY) in cell A2 and a number value in B2. The data from both columns go down to row 111. Tab 2 is called Services. Services has 4 columns. Column A1 is "CPT" Column B1 is DOS, Column C1 is "ZAR" and Column D1 is "USD." The Services tab has a 5 digit number in A2, a Date (MM/DD/YY) i...

Attaching a Signature when using Send To>Mail Recipient.
Hi In Windows Explorer>Select a file>Right Click>Send To>Mail Recipient. It opens a new message with the folder attached but doesn't include my signature. It's attached in all the standard ways I create a new message Any ideas how to solve this problem? P.S. What's the difference between this NG & outlook.general? TIA Dave F. This is annoying, but I found a quick work around that works for me, so I never tried to adjust my signatures. I just use Auto Correct and set it to display after a few keystrokes. -- Top Notch Admin "Dave F." wrote: ...

What is an unsafe attachment?
I am creating my 3rd newsletter in Publisher and when I try to send this one as an email for proof reading, I am getting an error saying virus or unsafe attachment, pubCA6.tmp removed and no attachment at all is in the email. How can I correct this? My Norton is current and does not see a virus. Who is getting the error? You or the recipient? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "iclkid" <iclkid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7D6A3E7-F948-443E-9FA1-99233A1879A5@microsoft.com... >I am creating my 3rd newsletter in Publisher and when I try ...

XML #2
hi how to read XML file using MFC. MFC itself has no support for XML. Use MSXML interfaces or XmlLite library. Or some other library could be found from the web... -- ====== Arman "vijaygani2000@gmail.com" wrote: > hi > > how to read XML file using MFC. > > I've never used it in a big project, but this class looks pretty good (I wish I could use it rather than what we are using). http://www.firstobject.com/ They have a free version and a purchase version with more features. Tom <vijaygani2000@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178534614.701...

What happened? #2
Does anybody know why many of the discussion topics have been deleted from this forum? Not specific to this forum, but the MS newsgroups have a "retention period". Anything too old is automatically purged (which sometimes leaves answers with no questions. IIRC this period is 6 months. They are generally moving everything across to the web-based forums instead. On 24/06/2010 14:57, Squeaky wrote: > Does anybody know why many of the discussion topics have been deleted from > this forum? ...

help with attachments
When we try to send an attachment e-mail, an error comes up that the authentication setting might not be correct for our outgoing e-mail (SMTP) server. In the next paragraph it says: must issue a Starttls comand first. I have no idea what I am doing. Could you please help? andiejay@live.com You need to provide more details. Which email program are you using? Can you send emails without attachments? Who is your mail service = provider? If that is Live.com, be sure to use the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 58...

Convert C:\1\2.exe to c:\1\ shlwapi
Looking a function to do that. shlwapi.lib Maybe someone else here will understand this, but it looks like a typo to me. You want to convert: C:\1\2.exe to C:\1\shlwapi (what?) Is this shortname to long name? I guess what I'm asking is what does 2.exe have to do with SHLWAPI? Tom "roxioxoto" <coco002@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154971834.120105.234410@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Looking a function to do that. > shlwapi.lib > Sorry :) Im just trying to get c:\1\2\ or c:\1\2 >From this path c:\1\2\filename.ordir using SHLWAPI lib or s...

Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF? #2
Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF? I hear an echo.................. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A31BB3DC-8E27-41FB-9CAA-632F58580608@microsoft.com... > Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.788 / Virus Database: 533 - Release Date: 11/1/2004 It's a good idea to wait at least a day after posting. News Groups are "world wide" and the individua...

Sending in a attachment that i did not attach
When i send from Outlook it sends a attachment called winmail.dat I do not think it is anything BUT how do i get rid of it sending it as a lot of my customer emaikl systems are blocking my email as a virus THXS Steve "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DB656EF-A0E0-487B-8FAF-55F11B6A8F39@microsoft.com... > When i send from Outlook it sends a attachment called winmail.dat I do not > think it is anything BUT how do i get rid of it sending it as a lot of my > customer emaikl systems are blocking my email as a virus > > THXS Steve ...

PIVOT TABLE IN EXCEL 2007 #2
I want create a pivot table using an external database. I can do it but the list of column data appears all in column A instead of column B, C, D etc. How do I get the data into columns with its appropriate headers? Have a look here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "sid" <sid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE7D4FA6-5F12-4F72-A12E-E9E223685790@microsoft.com... >I want create a pivot table using an external database. I can do it but the &...

Monthly reports #2
I have monthly reports going back to 1999, how do I delete them? Thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=135. "Kitman164" <kitman164@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:6a0501c48325$2d0be780$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have monthly reports going back to 1999, > how do I delete them? > > Thanks You don't because they aren't really there. Money doesn't generate Monthly Reports until you ask to see one, so no space wasted. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mn...

Auto Assigning Categories #2
Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. Is there a way to assign one transaction then have Money update all similar transactions with my the new category assignment. Also will money remember the new category assignment and auto assign all similar future transactions? -- Joe In microsoft.public.money, Joe Robison wrote: >Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to >transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. I...

Attachments Help
Hi All. I am looking for a way to delete all my attachments after a certain time period. I was wondering if there was anyone that can help me figure this out. I've tried to use a rule but I can't find one that will work. If there is VBA code that someone knows of that will perform this operation that would be great. Thanks much. Ross . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Still looking for some help on this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. braa0081 wrote on Tue, 27 April 2010 12:25 > Hi All. > > I am looking for a way to delet...

Protection #2
Hi, How can I protect the format of a particular cell that only allows people to paste values only? Thanks ...

NEWS #2
www.google.agote.net ...