Unrecognized Returned E-mail

I am still getting e-mail returned that I did not send
and do not even recognize.  A couple of example below:
I have run Norton security virus detection with the most
up to date software and it says no viruses.
Can anyone advise a cause and solution?

Example 1:

I'm sorry the message returned below could not be
delivered to the following addresses:

Undeliverable to pvdjlfq@aol.com
Date: 11 Dec 2003 00:07:41 +0100
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Abort Message

--wbwbdzxton

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<iframe src=3D"cid:utfbgwgb" height=3D0
width=3D0></iframe>
<BR><BR>Hi.
<BR>I'm sorry =
I wasn't able to deliver your message =
to one or more destinations.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>Undelivered mail to
<B>zkjexf@rocketmail.net</B>
</BODY></HTML>

--wbwbdzxton

Tm9ydG9uIEFudGlWaXJ1cyByZW1vdmVkIHRoZSBhdHRhY2htZW50OiBjZW
V0bXYuZXhlLg0K
VGhlIFczMi5Td2VuLkFAbW0gdGhyZWF0IHdhcyBkZXRlY3RlZCBpbiB0aG
UgYXR0YWNobWVu
dC4=
--wbwbdzxton--

Examole 2:

0
anonymous (74723)

These are spoofs (some contain viruses) - You can ignore them, but
better to just delete errantly.

Date: 11 Dec 2003 00:07:41 +0100

--wbwbdzxton

<HTML>
<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<iframe src=3D"cid:utfbgwgb" height=3D0
width=3D0></iframe>
<BR><BR>Hi.
<BR>I'm sorry =
I wasn't able to deliver your message =
to one or more destinations.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>Undelivered mail to
<B>zkjexf@rocketmail.net</B>
</BODY></HTML>

--wbwbdzxton

Tm9ydG9uIEFudGlWaXJ1cyByZW1vdmVkIHRoZSBhdHRhY2htZW50OiBjZW
V0bXYuZXhlLg0K
VGhlIFczMi5Td2VuLkFAbW0gdGhyZWF0IHdhcyBkZXRlY3RlZCBpbiB0aG
UgYXR0YWNobWVu
dC4=
--wbwbdzxton--

Examole 2:

0
techserv (18)
12/11/2003 11:52:57 AM
Jim A <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am still getting e-mail returned that I did not send
> and do not even recognize.

That's because your address was hijacked by a virus or trojan on someone
else's computer. That person, whoever it is, had your address in their
address book.  The trojan on their computer is sending out its messages with
your address (and the addresses of others in that address book) as the
sender.  When the messages bounce, the bounces come to you, since the
bouncing router thinks you are the sender.

Since the problem is not on your computer, there's nothing you can do to
stop it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Forwarding email to External HTTP Mail
I'm running Exchange 2000 w/latest SP's & fixes. How can I get exchange to automatically forward all email sent to an internal address to an External http email address? I dont have the option of creating a rule, because this user doesnt use Outlook. I simply have him checking email through OWA. I thought this would be a no-brainer, but I cant figure it out and have never ran into this issue before. Thanks for your help! Hi, Create a contact with the external email address and configure the user mailbox to forward to the contact. Leif "James HBreezy" <none...

CListCtrl::SetItem(LVITEM) returns FALSE
Hi, I can't figure out what is wrong with the code below. Everything seems to work fine if I simply ignore the return value from SetItem(). Does anyone have any suggestions? I've looked into sample code but it looks like nobody bothers to check the return value. Thanks, Bogdan LV_ITEM lvi = {0}; int iItem = 0; lvi.mask = LVIF_TEXT | LVIF_PARAM; // pszText and lParam are valid lvi.pszText = LPSTR_TEXTCALLBACK; lvi.iItem = iItem; lvi.iSubItem = 0; lvi.lParam = reinterpret_cast<LPARAM>(pContact); VERIFY(iItem == m_wndList.InsertItem(&lvi)); lvi.mask = LVIF_TEXT | LVIF_PA...

Cannot receive e-mails
It seems I have been able to send e-mails but not receive them. This error message somes up when I hit 'Send and Receive': The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.clear.net.nz', Server: 'pop.clear.net.nz', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have a clear.net.nz email address....What to do? 1: Has this account been working in the past? 2: What anti-virus program is installed? Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up ...

E-mail category marks disappeared
I'm using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. I have been using the categorize feature in my inbox. All the colored categorizing marks on the right of the e-mails vanished today. I tried to categorize some new e-mails but the feature would not work. I tried rebooting the computer, but that made no difference. Does anyone know why the category marks disappeared and how I can get the feature to work again? -- Margaret Do you mean that in your Inbox you no longer see a column "Categories"? Or is it blank???? If it is missing, put it back by using the Field Chooser ...

mail stats
any way to extract user stats with ex2003, Messages sent messages received etc... http://www.quest.com/MessageStats/ http://www.netiq.com/solutions/exchange/default.asp -tom ---- "who cares" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05c901c3d58c$91c83260$a501280a@phx.gbl... > any way to extract user stats with ex2003, Messages sent > messages received etc... ...

unrecognized format error
I keep getting this error when trying to upload a template. Template 'inventory.accdt' could not be instantiated. The table 'transaction types' could not be read from the template file. The obje ct may be in an unrecognized format. How do I fix this? It does this with every template. Hi Iber, What version of access are you using? CW "lbercher" wrote: > I keep getting this error when trying to upload a template. > > Template 'inventory.accdt' could not be instantiated. The table > 'transaction types' could not be read from the...

Return repeating values?
Hi all... I work at a graduate school college and would like to write a forumla in an excel spreadsheet that will return the values in a column that repeat more than three times... For example, we want to publish the undergraduate schools attended by more than 3 of our students... So, in the column containing undergrad school, I want to return those schools that occur > 3 times. That's the first question... And I covet your help. Thanks so much! Brian Hi one way. insert the following formula in a helper column =COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,A1) and copy down Now filter all rows with a valu...

window mail code 800cccdf for gmail
I can not send emails using this program i have checked my settings they are correct this is A New Computer with 1gb of Memory and almost 1tb of harddrive space here is one of the messages i get XOAUTH authentication failed. None of the authentication methods supported by your IMAP Server (if any) Are Supported on this computer Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could. for Example indicate a lack of memory on your system. Configurate Account: my account name Server: imap.gmal.com User Name.: My User Name Protocol IMAP Port...

How do I make a "mailing list" and send to all those on the list
I use Outlook 97. How do I make a "mailing list" and send to all those on the list? Also how do I send an e-mail so I know when it is read? TIA Jack Go to File, New, Distribution List. Name the distribution list and add the names you want on there. To track an e-mail, go to Tools, Options. Click on the Preferences Tab if necessary. Click on the E-mail options button. Click on the Tracking Options button and click next to Request a read receipt so that there is a check mark in that box. Bonnie >-----Original Message----- >I use Outlook 97. >How do I make a "...

Messaging interface has returned an unknown message, restart Outlo
How do I fix my Outlook 2007 Vista Business program to show my incoming emails? I suspect the problem is an overload of emails 25,000. The screen is blank for my Inbox, so I can't even delete old email. My Junk and Sent screens show my emails, but no more viewing my emails in my Inbox. I do see emails pop up on my screen when they come in, but cannot view emails in my Inbox. How do I fix this? Start off by running Office diagnostics "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D701C231-2646-4980-A768-0DAAE223B394@microsoft.com... > Ho...

printing double-sided mail merge postcard
Our printer does not support duplex/double-sided printing of postcard-heavy paper. It gets jammed! I am doing a mail merge in Publisher for a double-sided postcard. Let's say I have 50 postcards I have to send. I want to print one side first (one side of the mail merge document), then flip the stack of 50 postcards over, and print the other side (the second side of the mail merge document). How do I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Do you have a mail merge on both sides? If this is the case, when you flip it over Mary's postcard will not have Mary's address. You w...

match column for value and return next cell value
Hi, I have simple excel with one column having the Part name and secon having the Price. I want a macro which will return SUM of all the part prices user ha selected. My data looks simply like below PART NAME PRICE NKT 1000 NKU 2000 NMP 150 NPG 299 NWT 3495 What i want is if user enters NKT,NKU then it should return 3000 if user enters NKT,NKu,NMP then 3150. Can anyone please help as I am an end user and have no idea of macros. Thanks, kogant -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I'd suggest you use pivot tables for this and select the relevant item s within the p...

Exchange rec'ing mail from web server
The error Message delivery to the remote domain 'computerpluss' failed for teh following reasons: The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt. Systems: Win2k web server Win2k Exc 2K sp3 both exposed to internet, the web server is outside the DMZ, the mail server is NAT'd via firewall (Cisco PIX) We can recieve mail sent from the web server, from the contact.htm page etc. But when I try to send a mail that is generated from an asp script: <%@ Language=VBScript %> <% Option Explicit %> <% ' --------------------------------------------------...

Strange NDR for a specific e-mail account
Users complained that they are no longer receving e-mail notifications from a service_account. From my Outlook 2003, with rights to logon to the service_account mailbox, I create an Outlook profile service_account. Then from account I attempt to send an e-mil to users_HR and I get the following NDR: This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. Error is [0x80004005-00000000-00000000]. Anyone is familiar on what could cause this problem ? The service_account is enabled, mailbox store is operational. I am able to send messag...

Report: Two ?'s--Query returns correct info; Report returns Field
First Question: I build my Reports from queries. When I run the Query, the information which has been keyed in, ie "Joe Green," is returned, yet when I Print Preview the Report, I get the Field ID, "24," rather than "Joe Green." I changed the text box in the Report to a Combo Box and sometimes, it returns "Joe Green" and sometimes, it returns the Field ID, "24." Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Second Question: When the text boxes were just a "Text Box," the layout of the Report was correct, except for the aggravation...

Hyperlinks when mail merging
I have hyperlinks in an Outlook message that I want to send using "Mail Merge" -- when I complete the merge, the recipients to do get the hyperlinks (the text is there, but no click through ability) ... what am I doing wrong? Are these links different in each message or always the same? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Christine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77960...

Routed Mails not appearing in CRM
I have the exchange router installed, to send mail to CRM and have deployed a rule to a user. When mail is sent to this user, the mail is forwarded to the sink mailbox (crmmail) and it then dissapears from the sink mailbox, but it never appears in CRM. No errors appear in the event log. The router service is running as the same account as the sink box, and is a domain admin, but no luck. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003
To Whom It May Concern: I am having an issue with my outlook. When I receive e-mail messages, the message has each name and attachment (if there are any) listed twice. I have checked with the server people (IMAP server) and it is apparently an application issue. Can someone please help? Thanks, Jason ...

HELP: Mail to secondary e-mail address is not delivered
Hi all, Hope there is someone who can help me because I am totally lost. In our exchange organization we have a default e-mail address xxx.com. We recently got another company which we will support through our Exchange organization. The users will log on to the xxx.com domain but as default e-mail address they will have yyy.it. This all works well. Only the new company users were user from the exisiting from the xxx.com domain and still need to have mail send to xxx.com te deliverd to their mailbox. And this is what does not happen. The users have all the default aliases, with as prim...

Accessing the contacts when writing a new e-mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hello, i have a very strange problem with my Entourage E-Mail client. I set up the connection to our Exchange server and everything is working fine so far. I can access the contacts in its own menu, but my problem is, that i can't access them when writing a new e-mail. I pick the right address book from the drop down menu but it does not show any contacts to add to the &quot;To:&quot; field. <br> I installed Office for Mac on a second Mac, an iBook G4 with 10.4 Tiger wi...

Where does all unrecognized mail go?
Hi all, what's happens to a message if I send it to nonexistent user? If I turn on recipient filtering and the user is not in AD, I (as a sender) get an error. If I turn off recipient filtering, from sender's perspective the mail is delivered, but no error is reported by exchange. Is this message somewhere, or is just silently thrown away? Thanks, Robert ...

Return Cell formula, not result
I want to return a cells formula string, not the result. Example: A B 1 =B1 20 If I reference cell A1, I want the following result "=B1" NOT "20" Thanks PS. What is the search syntax to search ALL words, not just any word. I tried searching the newsgroups but could not narrow the search. Robert, precede it with a single apostrophe '=B1 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Robert Randolph" <NOSPAAMMrob@KingdomSoftware.com> wrote in message news:00e101c36419$960473a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to return a cells formula string, not the re...

Large e-mail
I tried e-mailing a file that had a very large attachment. I have been trying to cancel it for over a day, as it is still trying to send it. Every time I try to do something to stop the e-mail it says that it has already begun transmission, so you can't make changes to it. This e-mail is taking up alot of space on my computer, how can I get rid of it? I have removed outlook and reinstalled it, but it still is sitting in my outbox. Does anyone have any suggestions? set outlook offline (file menu) wait a few min and delete. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm -- ...

Returning Outsourced Email
I discovered one way to return email back to Outlook Express, that I had copied [then deleted from Outlook] and then pasted to a newly created Folder in My Documents. Here's How you can Return that old email back to Outlook Express: Minimize Outlook Express (becomes a Button on the Taskbar) with the other source (where you copied/pasted the email to) Open on your Desktop - Click on item and Drag (hold down left mouse button while moving desired item) the email directly over the Outlook Button BUT DO NOT RELEASE the left mouse button. Allow Outlook to open, while still holding down ...

unrecognized character
I am trying to SEARCH or FIND a text string in an excel file without any luck. The character is a hyphen (-) and the excel function (see about) says it can't see it. 28(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding (1968) My end result will be to extract the artist from the list of 500 songs. If anyone has a better approach, I would love to hear it. Thanks, HPB With the data in A1 this will do it =TRIM(LEFT(MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,255),FIND("(",MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,255))-1 )) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "harvdog" <hbeau@comcast.net> ...