Unread mail = Inbox

My unread mail count is the same as my inbox count.  How come?

Where are you seeing this count?

"PeterJordan" <PeterJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My unread mail count is the same as my inbox count.  How come?

0
vince8328 (2732)
2/7/2006 7:25:54 PM
On the panel at the left headed Mail, I've got a heading labeled Favorite
Folders with 4068 messages next to the Inbox heading and 4068 messages next
to the Unread Mail heading.

Then farther down under All mail folders, then under Personal folders (which
is the one that has the little icon next to it, I've got the same counts:
4068 next to Inbox
and (under Search Folders) 4068 next to Unread Mail.  Actually, the totals
changed to 4070 while I was typing this.

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Where are you seeing this count?
>
> "PeterJordan" <PeterJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My unread mail count is the same as my inbox count.  How come?

mail rule/template annoyance
I've set up a rule to reply to an email (with specific words in the title) using a specific template. I made the template myself by creating a new mail, inserting my HTML signature and saving as a template. When I use the rule it turns the html to (below). It makes the images used into attchments. I dont find any other program as frustrating as outlook. Can anyone help? Getho Mobile: 0422 957898 Email:HYPERLINK "mailto:gc@ediblemedia.com.au"gc@ediblemedia.com.au Website:HYPERLINK "http://www.ediblemedia.com.au/"www.ediblemedia.com.au abn: 29263774673 See HY...

Exchange 5.5 Duplicate E-mails
Hi All I have and Exchange 5.5 server on an NT4.0 box. The problem I have is one of my users sends e-mail and the person that receives the e-mail gets duplicates of it. Thanks Michael: Two possible causes come to mind: 1) Either the sender or receiver has a corrupt OST file. The OST file is for Outlook offline access. Sometimes it gets corrupted. From each client's PC, exit Outlook completly (File > Exit and Logoff) and then rename the existing OST and open Outlook again. It will regenerate a new OST and do a full synchronization.This could take some time depending on the mailbox ...

Mail locked out
When trying to open windows mail, it keeps asking me for my username and password - never did before. I looked in other threads and made sure the password enabled was unchecked and still no luck Any help would be appreciated Account: 'Windows mail', Server: 'mail.optimum.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 I'm no computer whiz - so hopefully it's something simple Thanks for including your complete error message. At least it ...

Header of a mail
Hello, How to read the header of a mail with VB or VBA Thx You need to use CDO. There are samples at slovaktech.com, outlook-tips.net, outlookcode.com and cdolive.com. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Jacques" <jac_be@hotmail.co...

Reply to mail with template
Outlook 2007 I want to do something that I believe should be very simple but for being so simple I cant figure out how to do it. I receive a large number of emails that require the same various responses. I need to include the original email so what I want to do is have a button that does something like this. Reply to using this template. Push the button and a list of my templates appear and I select the template change a few details and clic send.. How in the world do I achieve this? Many thanks in advance and sorry for such a dumb question.. Bob On 2/27/2010 10:...

outlook express 6 cannot delete inbox messages
all aspects of the program work normally except i cannot delete any messages in the inbox. i can copy them to other folders. they are piling up. i've tried to repair, uninstall, and reinstall. no help. mickey "mickey" <mickeybridge@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:187ab01c44b20$b34a1570$a301280a@phx.gbl... > all aspects of the program work normally except i cannot > delete any messages in the inbox. i can copy them to other > folders. they are piling up. i've tried to repair, > uninstall, and reinstall. no help. > mickey You f�ckchop! Try postin...

Extremely Slow to Delete E-mails (and Marks as Read/Unread)
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails as read/unread. This is definitely not a computer hardware issue as this is a new and extremely fast computer. This lagtime is becoming unbearable and is resulting in it taking me nearly twice as long to get t...

unread mail folder #2
I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on her unread mail folder, the messages in it dissappear. Could you suggest a possible settings change for this user's profile? icecoolphil <icecoolphil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been > read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her > "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on...

E-mail news letters
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to know when a sent e-mail has been opened by the recipient? On 22/02/10 19:52, jiml1948@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > Is there a way to know when a sent e-mail has been opened by the recipient? See here for more details: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html> -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** > On 22/02/10 19:52, jiml...

Unread Mail
Is there a way to 'format' how unread messages are displayed in WLM? In the old MS news readers (I'm thinking OE) the full text of the mail line including subject, sender, etc, was bold for unread messages. In WLM, only the sender of an unread message is bold. Seems a bit odd to me. In the previous Wave 2 version of WLM it was as OE does. The current Wave 3 does as you describe and we have loudly complained to the developers. It is hoped that in the upcoming Wave 4 it will be fixed. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "DAB" <NotLi...

Problems with the Unread folder
I get an error message when I use the search folders 'Folders' - specifically when I select "Unread Mail". The error message I get is "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found". Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I've got numerous unread mail and I�m using Office 07. Any help appreciated David -- DC27 This is a shot in the dark but have you tried to reset your Search Folders using the /cleanfinders command line switch as detailed here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm "DC27" <DC27.35922d1@outlook...

could not connect to incoming pop3 mail server
Hi there this is a real puzzler, i have been to the knowledge base and so many forums inc this. i have outlook 2003. its never worked. i have recently installed it. it connects on a send. but does not receive. it says could not connect to incomming pop3 mail server because the server did not accept your password authentications. ive tried to delete the registery thingy which it sugests in the knowledge base in microsoft but i cant delete the subkey. ive uninstalled and installed it a few times. and changed the settings in the out incoming servers. neither can it save a password. the isp...

how to switch off unread emails in Welcome screen
When I start up the PC and arrive at the Welcome screen - it tells me how many unread emails I have. How do I switch it off? I download emails by POP account to Outlook and I don't really need to know when I start up how many emails are unread. thanks http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outloo...

Failure of attachment to show up in Windows Live Mail
A person sent me an email with a jpg attachment. The attachment did not show up in my Windows Live Mail Desktop. I went to the server and there the attachment did show up. This person sent the same attachment to 5 other people and they were able to forward the original email to me and the attachment was there on the forward. Can someone please tell me what is going on with this? Thanks in advance, AUJ Check the message source of this e-mail. (Ctrl+F3). Does it show the encoding of the attachment? Find out if the sender was using MS Outlook. If they were, and it was sent ...

Filter (to removed unread messages) removed, but keeps coming back
On one computer, there was a filter to remove all unread messages from my inbox. I 'clear all' and the filter is removed, thus both read and unread messages appear, which is what I want. But I close Outlook, and reopen it, and suddenly the filter is back! (my read messages have disappeared). On another computer, I try this same scenario, and the filter is permanently removed. How can I fix the first computer to get the filter removal to be PERMANENT? Restart outlook using the /cleanviews switch. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm if you need help ...

Outlook Express 6
In Outlook of my client the e-mails were disappeared. He has in his Inbox 68 e-mails but the inbox file has 438MB. He had set the comprimation of e-mails when the free size of the HDD decrease to 20%. Is it possible that the e-mails are in the file inbox, but I cannot see it? How I can extract this e-mails? Thank You ...

Unread Messages #3
This morning Outlook 2003 said I had 6 unread messages in my IMAP inbox. I only had 4... I changed the view to "unread messages" and found two additional deleted messages. Why on Earth would deleted messages be included as unread? I undeleted the messages, REDELETED the messages, and the problem went away. Any ideas? ...

Why does mail embed my attachments
Why do my email attachments also get embedded in the body of the email? It appears that I'm sending two copies of the attachment. -- LeeInMo Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com If you are speaking of a graphic showing /after/ the message text, that is not embedded but rather a copy of the graphic. This is the nature of Windows Mail and all versions of Outlook Express. You can fix this on your machine by reading in Plain Text, but you can't see what the recipient sees. If it is that important, put the graphics in a folder and the ZIP it. Send the zipped fol...

Bulk Email and Mail Merge
Hi I have some questions for a mailmerge. First how can i do a bulk email, i mean send an email to 100 or 500 users? Can I use a view for that? What for groups should i use, a quick campaign group? If I do a quick Campaign and i would like to send a mailmerge with word letter, how can I do that? Can I only do that with the outlook client or is it also possible with the Webclient? Thank's Michel There are a number of ISV solutions which will let you mail merge from a web client ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm ...

Lossing E-mails Windows Live Mail desktop
I moved to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (desktop) all my mails and and accounts are imported from Outlook Express 6 no problem. I work with 12 different E-mail accounts and I get daily many mails for these accounts. They all are visible in Quick View after reading some disappear nd visisble in the account folders Does someone have the same problem of do you know how to solve this problem? Mathias With the account folder open: View, Show or hide, Show all messages. That setting is saved on a per folder basis, so repeat for each account = folder. If you don't see View ...

Outlook 2007, Vista and Unread Mail
Unread Mail no longer displays the number of new unread mails; instead, folders with new mails are displayed in bold. But when I click on Unread Mail, I can read the mails that are new. How can I get Unread Mail to display the number of Unread Mails, and the folders containing new emails to NOT be displayed in bold? -- Thanks, John Hi John, What happens if you right click on the Unread Mail folder and click properties? Is the "Show number of Unread Items" radio button selected? -- Benjamin Gay [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

Sending mail problem
Hi there, when i try to send a mail from CRM gives me an error "Unspecified error" i installed Exchange server on the same machine and it's working ...

deleted a large mail folder
I accidentally deleted a large mail folder. It did not go to the recycle bin or the deleted items folder. How can I retrieve this folder? What version of Outlook and are you on an Exchange server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sherri2 asked: | I accidentally deleted a large mail folder. It did not go | to the recycle bin or the deleted items folder...

Outlook 2007 won't search in Inbox
Hi. I'm having an issue wich just happend to "pop up" a few months ago. When I use the searchfunction in the upper right corner of Outlook "Search in Inbox" it wont find specific mails - If i search for 'FOO' and I know that atleast 10 mails contain that exact phrase it usually just shows about 5 of them. I've not been able to narrow it down to any particular date or anything alike, they just wont show up - but when I look through the box manually I do find the mails I'm looking for, though it takes forever with ~ 3500 mails. Best Regar...

what makes the unread emails are not marked as unread....
We have one exch2k and Outlook 2002 clients. Sometimes new incoming unread emails are not marked as unread in Outlook. Why is that? Thanks Calvin On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:17:41 -1000, PinkCrib <webmaster@pinkcrib.com> wrote: > We have one exch2k and Outlook 2002 clients. Sometimes new incoming > unread > emails are not marked as unread in Outlook. Why is that? > Thanks > > Calvin So you're saying that the messages are automatically being marked as read somehow? Do you have a Rule running that is marking them as read? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNot...