Unread mail in OUtlook 2003

The unread mail in the default view isn't working right for several clients.
Anyone have this problem?

0
kwagner1 (1)

mail rule/template annoyance
I've set up a rule to reply to an email (with specific words in the title) using a specific template. I made the template myself by creating a new mail, inserting my HTML signature and saving as a template. When I use the rule it turns the html to (below). It makes the images used into attchments. I dont find any other program as frustrating as outlook. Can anyone help? Getho Mobile: 0422 957898 Email:HYPERLINK "mailto:gc@ediblemedia.com.au"gc@ediblemedia.com.au Website:HYPERLINK "http://www.ediblemedia.com.au/"www.ediblemedia.com.au abn: 29263774673 See HY...

Reading Outlook 2K email on my desktop from a wireless notebook.
I've recently installed a wireless network in my home. Desktop running Win. 2K Pro is wired into a Linksys router. My wireless notebook is running Win XP Pro. The system works perfectly. I would like to be able to read my email on the desktop (Outlook 2K) from my notebook (Outlook 2002). What to do? Much appreciate any help. TIA, Raydel Raydel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've recently installed a wireless network in my home. > Desktop running Win. 2K Pro is wired into a Linksys > router. My wireless notebook is running Win XP Pro. The > sys...

Exchange 5.5 Duplicate E-mails
Hi All I have and Exchange 5.5 server on an NT4.0 box. The problem I have is one of my users sends e-mail and the person that receives the e-mail gets duplicates of it. Thanks Michael: Two possible causes come to mind: 1) Either the sender or receiver has a corrupt OST file. The OST file is for Outlook offline access. Sometimes it gets corrupted. From each client's PC, exit Outlook completly (File > Exit and Logoff) and then rename the existing OST and open Outlook again. It will regenerate a new OST and do a full synchronization.This could take some time depending on the mailbox ...

Mail locked out
When trying to open windows mail, it keeps asking me for my username and password - never did before. I looked in other threads and made sure the password enabled was unchecked and still no luck Any help would be appreciated Account: 'Windows mail', Server: 'mail.optimum.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 I'm no computer whiz - so hopefully it's something simple Thanks for including your complete error message. At least it ...

Outlook 2003 slow to open messages
Hello all, I am having an issue with Outlook where it is slow to respond to input. Whenever I click on a menu button, right-click a message or folder, or double-click to open a message, it will take from 30 seconds to 2 minutes before the menu or message will respond. My best guess is that Outlook is looking for some kind of add-in that is no longer functioning and I have to wait for a timeout before Outlook will decide it has failed and proceed., but I have no idea where to look to see what is failing. Another piece of the puzzle... this only happens with a particular roaming profile ...

Publisher 2007 with Office 2003
Will Publisher 2007 work with Office 2003? -- Iris Bryan Town Crier Iris wrote: > Will Publisher 2007 work with Office 2003? Yep. You might want to install in a separate folder, though. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Outlook distribution list
I can't hide the names in my distribution list. Put the addresses in the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) field of the mail header. If that field doesn't show while you're composing a E-mail go to the View menu and select 'BCC Field'. Alternately you could use an application like the ones listed here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "HENRY" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:323501c3da17$f65a6c90$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I can't hide the names in my distribution list. > > ...

Header of a mail
Hello, How to read the header of a mail with VB or VBA Thx You need to use CDO. There are samples at slovaktech.com, outlook-tips.net, outlookcode.com and cdolive.com. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Jacques" <jac_be@hotmail.co...

Outlook 2003 PST Lock
Does anyone know if the following reg key value works with Outlook 2003? Create the following registry key Outlook XP: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0 \Outlook\PST Add the following DWORD value: PSTDisconnectDelay Set the timeout delay in seconds. For example, setting PSTDisconnectDelay=120 (decimal) sets the timeout to two minutes. Restart Microsoft Outlook. ...

Outlook shortcut opens as Internet Options
I'm not sure what happened, but now when I click on the Microsoft Office Outlook (Email) shortcut in the start menu, it opens up Internet Explorer options instead of MS Outlook. I have already disabled/enabled it in and IE the Advanced options of Start menu. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2007 which didn't help. I have IE 7.0. Any ideas why this happened and how to resolve it? Please advise. Thanks! Did you install an older office application after installing 2007? Office diagnostics normally fixes it - reinstall should also, but it's a lot of extra work. If that d...

Reply to mail with template
Outlook 2007 I want to do something that I believe should be very simple but for being so simple I cant figure out how to do it. I receive a large number of emails that require the same various responses. I need to include the original email so what I want to do is have a button that does something like this. Reply to using this template. Push the button and a list of my templates appear and I select the template change a few details and clic send.. How in the world do I achieve this? Many thanks in advance and sorry for such a dumb question.. Bob On 2/27/2010 10:...

outlook express 6 cannot delete inbox messages
all aspects of the program work normally except i cannot delete any messages in the inbox. i can copy them to other folders. they are piling up. i've tried to repair, uninstall, and reinstall. no help. mickey "mickey" <mickeybridge@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:187ab01c44b20$b34a1570$a301280a@phx.gbl... > all aspects of the program work normally except i cannot > delete any messages in the inbox. i can copy them to other > folders. they are piling up. i've tried to repair, > uninstall, and reinstall. no help. > mickey You f�ckchop! Try postin...

Cannot send/reply email when Exchange Cache mode in OL 2003 is disabled!
I had to enable Exchange Cache mode in order to be able to send/reply email on my OL 2003 SP1 client! The error message: "You do NOT have sufficient permission to perform the operation on this subject....!!!" As soon as I turned on Exchange Cache mode, the OL 2003 client work fine. HELP, please!!! Thanks Bill ...

Extremely Slow to Delete E-mails (and Marks as Read/Unread)
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails as read/unread. This is definitely not a computer hardware issue as this is a new and extremely fast computer. This lagtime is becoming unbearable and is resulting in it taking me nearly twice as long to get t...

Outlook 2003 #60
I am having a problem with outlook 2003. When you open a new message the close button that is normally a black "X" is red and when you click on it the entire outlook program shuts down. Is this an option I can turn off? RFProblem ...

Hyperlink display balloon problem in Vista and MS Outlook 2007
In all Windows Vista Home Premium (Outlook) windows of email messages, WHENEVER I move my ordinary wireless laser mouse pointer (not a touch pad, not a pen) onto a hyperlink, an immediate little window opens up to give me the exact same hyperlink information, such as, for example: "http://groups.google.com/group/ microsoft.public.windows.vista.general" This redundant hyperlink information is followed by the stupid sentence: "Click to follow link." (Doesn't everyone know that a link is there for clicking?) Perhaps, in my previous post I was not explicit enough...

unread mail folder #2
I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on her unread mail folder, the messages in it dissappear. Could you suggest a possible settings change for this user's profile? icecoolphil <icecoolphil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been > read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her > "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on...

E-mail news letters
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to know when a sent e-mail has been opened by the recipient? On 22/02/10 19:52, jiml1948@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > Is there a way to know when a sent e-mail has been opened by the recipient? See here for more details: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html> -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** > On 22/02/10 19:52, jiml...

Unread Mail
Is there a way to 'format' how unread messages are displayed in WLM? In the old MS news readers (I'm thinking OE) the full text of the mail line including subject, sender, etc, was bold for unread messages. In WLM, only the sender of an unread message is bold. Seems a bit odd to me. In the previous Wave 2 version of WLM it was as OE does. The current Wave 3 does as you describe and we have loudly complained to the developers. It is hoped that in the upcoming Wave 4 it will be fixed. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "DAB" <NotLi...

Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows 2003
Hi, I have three Exchange 2003 servers that are all running on Windows 2000. I'd like to upgrade the OS to Windows 2003, but I can't seem to find any documentation with instructions on how to upgrade Exchange 2003 servers from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003. Does anyone know of any documentation for this? Thanks! -Matthew "Discostew" <discostew@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, I have three Exchange 2003 servers that are all running on Windows >2000. I'd like to upgrade the OS to Windows 2003, but I can't seem to >find any documentation with instructions o...

Problems with the Unread folder
I get an error message when I use the search folders 'Folders' - specifically when I select "Unread Mail". The error message I get is "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found". Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I've got numerous unread mail and I�m using Office 07. Any help appreciated David -- DC27 This is a shot in the dark but have you tried to reset your Search Folders using the /cleanfinders command line switch as detailed here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm "DC27" <DC27.35922d1@outlook...

could not connect to incoming pop3 mail server
Hi there this is a real puzzler, i have been to the knowledge base and so many forums inc this. i have outlook 2003. its never worked. i have recently installed it. it connects on a send. but does not receive. it says could not connect to incomming pop3 mail server because the server did not accept your password authentications. ive tried to delete the registery thingy which it sugests in the knowledge base in microsoft but i cant delete the subkey. ive uninstalled and installed it a few times. and changed the settings in the out incoming servers. neither can it save a password. the isp...

sync outlook 2002 to HOTMAIL
my problem is that I need to sync my outlook 2002 program with hotmail using my pc using a wireless internet connection. The wireless connection makes me log in before accessing the internet ( its free at my school). The tech help at school helped me sync my school email to outlook but i need to sync HOTMAIL to my outlook, can anyone help me with the specifics? Unfortunately, the only way to access Hotmail in outlook is with the outlook connector and it doesn't work with 2002. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7aad7e6a-931e-438a-950c-5e9ea66322d4&displayla...

Outlook #187
An inbox item highlighted then clicking on the print icon the inbox item is auto deleted. Why??? ...

Outlook to Run at Boot
Is there a way to set outlook to run from the taskbar at boot withou actually loading up full screen. The thing i'm hoping for is to b notified of any new e-mail as soon I boot my PC, like with Microsof Hotmail where it tells ya as soon as it loads itself up but does no take up any extra visual space other than in the taskbar tray thingy. I've tried putting a shortcut into the Startup folder in the start men but like I said earlier that just loads outlook full screen. Cheers for any help in advance guys n gal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from ht...