unread mail folder #2

I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been read,
there's notification that she has the same amount in her "unread mail" folder.
Also, when she clicks on her unread mail folder, the messages in it
dissappear.
Could you suggest a possible settings change for this user's profile?

icecoolphil <icecoolphil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been
> read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her
> "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on her unread mail
> folder, the messages in it dissappear.
> Could you suggest a possible settings change for this user's profile?

The "unread mail" folder is not a "real" .  It's just a search folder
showing all the unread messages in all the real folders.  If you open the
unread folder and there's no longer anything there, it means that the
messages are no longer unread.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

mail rule/template annoyance
I've set up a rule to reply to an email (with specific words in the title) using a specific template. I made the template myself by creating a new mail, inserting my HTML signature and saving as a template. When I use the rule it turns the html to (below). It makes the images used into attchments. I dont find any other program as frustrating as outlook. Can anyone help? Getho Mobile: 0422 957898 Email:HYPERLINK "mailto:gc@ediblemedia.com.au"gc@ediblemedia.com.au Website:HYPERLINK "http://www.ediblemedia.com.au/"www.ediblemedia.com.au abn: 29263774673 See HY...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email #2
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

Macro to match 2 column values in different sheets
Hi, I need a macro which compares the values in colA and colC of sheet 1 to column D and column E of sheet 2, if both the value match, then it copies the contents from sheet2 col F,G and H into sheet1 colC,D and F. I tried the code below but I got an error message saying:Subscript out of range Please advise if any modifications required in the following code: Thanks Sub CompareThis() For iRow = 1 to 1000 If Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 1).Value = Sheets("Sheet2").cells (iRow, 4).Value And _ Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 3).Value = She...

grabbing cell reference #2
Frank, Thanks for the tip. After I tried your idea I got a run-time erro 1004 "The formula you typed contains an error" Do you have anymore suggestions? Thanks, Crai -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26168 ...

Exchange 5.5 Duplicate E-mails
Hi All I have and Exchange 5.5 server on an NT4.0 box. The problem I have is one of my users sends e-mail and the person that receives the e-mail gets duplicates of it. Thanks Michael: Two possible causes come to mind: 1) Either the sender or receiver has a corrupt OST file. The OST file is for Outlook offline access. Sometimes it gets corrupted. From each client's PC, exit Outlook completly (File > Exit and Logoff) and then rename the existing OST and open Outlook again. It will regenerate a new OST and do a full synchronization.This could take some time depending on the mailbox ...

Mail locked out
When trying to open windows mail, it keeps asking me for my username and password - never did before. I looked in other threads and made sure the password enabled was unchecked and still no luck Any help would be appreciated Account: 'Windows mail', Server: 'mail.optimum.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 I'm no computer whiz - so hopefully it's something simple Thanks for including your complete error message. At least it ...

Header of a mail
Hello, How to read the header of a mail with VB or VBA Thx You need to use CDO. There are samples at slovaktech.com, outlook-tips.net, outlookcode.com and cdolive.com. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Jacques" <jac_be@hotmail.co...

Pivot Table questions #2
I have several questions about a pivot table I am constructing. 1. Is there a way to have a column reference a cell with data instead of using the drop downs? example - first column in table is part number, instead of using the drop down to search for parts is it possible to reference cell A1 where a part number would be typed by the user. 2. Is there a way to lock a table so the columns can not be added or removed? 3. I do not have anything in the data items or column fields sections, is there a way to remove these sections? Thanks ...

Public Folder and sharing calenders
I have installed Exchange Server 2003 for a small Department. How is the public folder and sharing calenders implemented for small departments? Can users in AD share documents and modify documents instead of e-mails going back and forth? Can all users have centralized e-mail addresses and also should have their own e-mail address list. Also able to see each others Calender to setup meetings? thanks Although you can use them for this purpose, the public folder feature is a pretty lousy method of doing document management. I recommend that you consider Sharepoint Portal Server for this purp...

Reply to mail with template
Outlook 2007 I want to do something that I believe should be very simple but for being so simple I cant figure out how to do it. I receive a large number of emails that require the same various responses. I need to include the original email so what I want to do is have a button that does something like this. Reply to using this template. Push the button and a list of my templates appear and I select the template change a few details and clic send.. How in the world do I achieve this? Many thanks in advance and sorry for such a dumb question.. Bob On 2/27/2010 10:...

Extremely Slow to Delete E-mails (and Marks as Read/Unread)
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails as read/unread. This is definitely not a computer hardware issue as this is a new and extremely fast computer. This lagtime is becoming unbearable and is resulting in it taking me nearly twice as long to get t...

Hyperlink problems #2
Hi Folks, I am a beginner using Microsoft Publisher for a school library web page. So far, I have linked to web pages on the net successfully, but have been UNABLE TO LINK TO OTHER PAGES I CREATE IN PUBLISHER! I select the text I want to link, right click on hyperlink (or use the toolbar hyperlink), put the path of the newly created publisher page in the box, but when I go to Web Page preview, it does not link. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but have been unable to fix the problem. Of course, the link doesn't work when I publish (upload) to the web either. Any help g...

unread mail folder #2
I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on her unread mail folder, the messages in it dissappear. Could you suggest a possible settings change for this user's profile? icecoolphil <icecoolphil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user that when she receives email in her inbox and has been > read, there's notification that she has the same amount in her > "unread mail" folder. Also, when she clicks on...

.NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 on Windows Server 2008 64bit
Currently, our software is VB.NET, VS 2005, forced to 32bit compile, and .NET 2.0. We seem to have random issues on a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine that when printing a huge number of print jobs (like 1000+) the message is: menu.exe has stopped working. The event log doesn't have any error messages in it. When we look at the task manager, it shows dw20.exe running. I know we can edit the registry and remove the application error reporting so that doesn't come up. What i don't understand is there is nothing in the event log that shows any error messages. Does any...

Hide from Exchange Address Book #2
I have an exchange 2003 server. W ewanted to hide certain administartive acount from appearing in the address list which we did. With these accounts hidden is there any way other than using the SMTP adress to send them. I have a few programs that send out Alert messages via Microsft Exchnage with OUtlook. I'm pretty sure can only send them out via SMTP addresses. True, if user object is hidden from address list you have to provide the (smtp) address explicitly. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.po...

E-mail news letters
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to know when a sent e-mail has been opened by the recipient? On 22/02/10 19:52, jiml1948@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > Is there a way to know when a sent e-mail has been opened by the recipient? See here for more details: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html> -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** > On 22/02/10 19:52, jiml...

Unread Mail
Is there a way to 'format' how unread messages are displayed in WLM? In the old MS news readers (I'm thinking OE) the full text of the mail line including subject, sender, etc, was bold for unread messages. In WLM, only the sender of an unread message is bold. Seems a bit odd to me. In the previous Wave 2 version of WLM it was as OE does. The current Wave 3 does as you describe and we have loudly complained to the developers. It is hoped that in the upcoming Wave 4 it will be fixed. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "DAB" <NotLi...

Possible to have same footnotes from 1 table appear on 2 pages?
1. I have a table on a page in landscape format which spreads over 2 pages. 2. I have enabled the table top row to "repeat as a header row at the top of each page". This header row has footnote references. 3. The footnotes, however, ONLY appear on the first page and NOT the second page. 4. Is there a way to make the footnotes appear on the first AND second page as well? Thanks! This is driving me nuts..... Hello Jonathan Jonathan wrote: > 1. I have a table on a page in landscape format which spreads over 2 pages. > 2. I have enabled the table top row ...

Formula help please #2
I am attempting to make a worksheet that would show the number of carbs in a food item. If beer is picked, then 13.2 carbs should show up. Usually, I would use a validation drop down list. If I only do one, I normally do something like this: =IF(B3=B61,C61,0) (B3 is drop drop down list area, B61 is the specific food item, C61 is the number of carbs for that food item) In order to make it work for every single food item, what would I have to do? An example of what the list looks like is: A B C Portion Food Item Total Carbs Alcohol 12 fl oz Beer 13.2 ...

Problems with the Unread folder
I get an error message when I use the search folders 'Folders' - specifically when I select "Unread Mail". The error message I get is "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found". Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I've got numerous unread mail and I�m using Office 07. Any help appreciated David -- DC27 This is a shot in the dark but have you tried to reset your Search Folders using the /cleanfinders command line switch as detailed here: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm "DC27" <DC27.35922d1@outlook...

could not connect to incoming pop3 mail server
Hi there this is a real puzzler, i have been to the knowledge base and so many forums inc this. i have outlook 2003. its never worked. i have recently installed it. it connects on a send. but does not receive. it says could not connect to incomming pop3 mail server because the server did not accept your password authentications. ive tried to delete the registery thingy which it sugests in the knowledge base in microsoft but i cant delete the subkey. ive uninstalled and installed it a few times. and changed the settings in the out incoming servers. neither can it save a password. the isp...

Report Parameters in 1.2?
I've heard that parameters are supported in CRM 1.2 and Crystal 9. Anyone have sample code to run a report with a specified parameter? Thanks. Alex ...

Automatic upload of documents to respective folders based on name of document
Hi, this is for the steel company where they have documents with standard naming conventions. thier requirement is that a document move automatically to its respective folder depending on the name of the file. for eg: all documnets having naming starting with mkg like mkg_en_puk_6756_jan.docx goes to Marketing folder Is this possible? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Request Logger and Crawler Killer http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a988f8c3-f69e-4ad2-a2e9-f9e01867769c/aspnet-request-logger-an.aspx You explain the target ...

how to switch off unread emails in Welcome screen
When I start up the PC and arrive at the Welcome screen - it tells me how many unread emails I have. How do I switch it off? I download emails by POP account to Outlook and I don't really need to know when I start up how many emails are unread. thanks http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outloo...

Public Folder Replication Does not word in 1 direction
We are running two Exchange servers: EXCH1 - E2K3 Ent., SP2, first installed EXCH2 - E2K3 Std., SP2, installed later Both are running on Win2K3 SP1 1 Admin Group, Server are located in different AD Sites PF replication works just fine from EXCH1 to EXCH2. It doesn't work at all from EXCH2 to EXCH1. I have followed all the standard troubleshooting such as confirming RUS is working, the Mail and Proxy Address match in ADSI Edit, etc. I also reapplied Exch SP2 last night. Mail transfer from EXCH2 to EXCH1 works flawlessly. Any and all incoming replication messages to EXCH1 are NDR'...