Unread Mail #4

My Unread mail now shows the deleted folder and the outbox folder,
whereas before and in my other profiles only the inbox folder shows
up.  Can I fix this?

Outlook 2003
Win XP Pro

Thanks
Kita
0
kita (19)

You can customize the folders that are shown by right clicking and selecting
Customize this Search folder.
<kita@kit.com> wrote in message
> My Unread mail now shows the deleted folder and the outbox folder,
> whereas before and in my other profiles only the inbox folder shows
> up.  Can I fix this?
>
> Outlook 2003
> Win XP Pro
>
> Thanks
> Kita

0
noelall (144)
11/7/2005 5:27:54 PM
Thanks that did the trick!

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:27:54 -0000, "Noel All" <noelall@gmail.com>
wrote:

>You can customize the folders that are shown by right clicking and selecting
>Customize this Search folder.
><kita@kit.com> wrote in message
>> My Unread mail now shows the deleted folder and the outbox folder,
>> whereas before and in my other profiles only the inbox folder shows
>> up.  Can I fix this?
>>
>> Outlook 2003
>> Win XP Pro
>>
>> Thanks
>> Kita

0
kita (19)

Unread Count in Favorite Folders
I have shortcut showed in the Favorite Folders on the top right hand of Outlook for all IMAP accounts. After upgrading to Outlook 2007 (from OL2003), I followed the recommendation from Outlook 2007 to re-create these accounts so that search folders worked properly. When there were new messages in the IMAP accounts, I heard new mail sound without showing number of unread items in the Favorite Folders. I went to open individual IMAP account folder under the Mail Folders. It showed unread count until the particular IMAP account folder was opened. The "number of unread items"...

Outlook Contacts #4
Where is the contacts file for Outlook 2002 located? Properties states: Type: Internet shortcut Internet Address: Outlook:Contacts Why does this refer to an Internet address? Is the Outlook "Contacts" file on the computer? If so why does it state Internet address? Where do find the file Outlook:Contacts? The reason for the question is that I would like to copy my Contacts File for safekeeping. All Outlook data is stored in the same file: The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. T...

Conditional Sum #4
Hi, I am trying to get some information out of a sheet using conditiona sum wizard. BookCode BookYear StatementDate Deposit TotalReceivable SL 03 9/1/2005 180.00 1,195.00 SL 03 9/1/2005 704.00 4,689.00 SL 03 9/1/2005 703.35 4,689.00 NH 04 9/1/2005 2,250.0 15,000.00 RR 04B 9/1/2005 10.00 55.0 DP 03 9/1/2005 - 1,343.00 WH 02 ...

CRM 4, Rollup 5
We are trying to install rollup 5 on some of our PCs (the server upgrade was successful) and on most of them the installation seems to have been successful (the success screen is displayed) but the version number displayed in Outlook 2003 when the CRM button is clicked shows 4.0.7333.3 rather than the expected 4.0.7333.1644. Is there an issue with installing rollup 5 that we are unaware of? We have not installed any previous rollups but the KB article says 5 is incremental and the earlier rollups are not required. OS: XP Pro SP2 Outlook: 2003 SP3 Thanks, Tony. ...

Mail error
I have been using outlook for a week and it was working fine all of a sudden i cannot retreive any emails, i can send but not receieve in outlook. i have a Hotmail plus account the service status in oultook says Mail: error Calender: connected Contact: connected can you help me with that?? ...

Sent e-mails go to Outbox too
When I send out an e-mail, it does actually go out to the destination as well as into my OUTBOX folder. I do get the following error message after each e-mail sent: SOME ERRORS OCCURRED WHILE PROCESSING THE REQUESTED TASKS. REVIEW LIST OF ERRORS FOR MORE DETAILS. When I click on any of the errors, it does not give me any details. When I close my computer, It says: YOU HAVE UNSENT MESSAGES IN YOUR OUTBOX WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEND THEM NOW. I do press "NO" to avoid sending out the same e-mails. I have to delete the messages in the OUTBOX several times a day. I went on the...

E-Mailing From Exchange Server to Exchange Server with same Subnet
I have a unique situation that has created a problem for me. I am an IT Consultant for a company that is owned by 5 partners. These five partners have recently had a bad break up with three going one direction and two going another. The two have retained me as their IT person but the other three have hired another IT Company. The two groups are dividing the network but want to stay on the same IP subnet because there are still certain things they need to share off of my Server. Each group has purchased new Windows 2003 SBS Servers, their own Internet Connections and Firewalls, and ...

e-mail #38
I just sent the message about not getting any e-mails in Outlook. I have also discovered that e-mails I send are showing up in my sent box but never come into my IN box. Need HELP! ...

global address list #4
I just created a new user on Exchange 2003. The new user can see the other users in the Global address list in Outlook 2003 but the older users can not see the new user. Also a user was deleted and it still appears in the global address list of the older users. How do I get the older users to have the new user on thier list? The new user is list under ALL USERS in Outlook but just not under the Global Address list Kim, You need to ensure the new users are not marked as being hidden from the address book under their exchange setting. The older user must close outlook and reo...

franco to check e-mail

Word e-mail message window stops responding
Hello MS Word 2002 e-mail message window stops responding after coping and pasting in it. The Word is chosen in Outlook as an e-mail editor. The window appeared after clicking reply in the Outlook. -- Please, inform me of your reply: click Message menu, then 'Reply to all' in Outlook Express (this sends your reply to the newsgroups and to my email address at the same time) or inform me by sms to 79163876746 from www.mts.ru/sms or to my ICQ#135557327 or by messenger to kopnichev@hotmail.com Mr. Dmitriy Kopnichev e-mail: kopn@hotbox.ru Dimitry, - Upgrade to the latest service pack ...

Fax Mail Transport
Whether sending singular of multiple messages (fax) using fax mail transport, I cannot confirm nor find any confirmation of success. Ocassionally, I will get a fail reponse, usually about an incorrect email account in the address book. Are these messages I send going fax or email? How can I confirm what is happening. The obvious "SENT Msgs" box has the items but no way to know what happened. Help You provided neither your fax software or your Outlook version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Fred Bridgens" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

How can I restore an accidentally deleted unread mail folder ?
Definitely a novice...I accidentally deleted my unread mail folder from my mailbox instead of just deleting 1 unread email. Ive been trying to figure it out myself...but anything I read about how-to doesn't seem to cover my exact blunder. I will be forever grateful for some help !!!! You can recreate the search folder if you deleted it by creating a new search folder. Did you actually delete the folder or remove it from your Favorite Folders? "Sunny" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79F9D07E-53F4-4EBC-9A64-451FA135BDE4@microsoft.com... > ...

Outlook problem #4
All of a sudden, now when I am trying to access my e- mail, I cannot. Using the "inbox" view, I click on the send/receive icon, and I get this message: "Operation Failed". That's it; nothing else. Suggestions please! ...

Out of Office problem #4
We are working on Exchange 2K with SP3 installed. All PC's have either Outlook 2002 or 2003. For some reason, one user's Out of Office doesn't send out Out of Office replies. To save time, I've checked that: -other users are able to use OOF successfully -Exchange allows OOF replies -the user in question doesn't have other rules set up in Outlook -after turning OOF off and on again for this user doesn't work -logged in as this user on another machine with a different version of Outlook and had the same problem -logged in as this user in Outlook Web Access and still had t...

OMA #4
We have Exchange 2003SP1, My OMA will sync only open emails not new received new emails. I can open OWA, select the email open it, then OMA will sync the message. Anybody have any Ideas what I'm missing? ...

Email format #4
Something happened to all of my outgoing emails yesterday when I tried to reply to an email received. Either in the reply format or to set up a new outgoing email I am getting these reverse paragraph symbols (sorry, I don't know their actual name), and I cannot figure out how to get rid of this format which is now there on a default basis. Please advise. Thanks Lewis If you're using Word as your email editor see if you've got any of the formatting symbol view options turned on here while in a new mail message: Tools menu > Options > View tab "Lewis Shanks&qu...

Sort Last 4 Numbers of SSN
I'm using Access 2003. My organization is having a problem getting our member’s SSN. I need to know if we only enter the last 4 numbers of a member's SSN do we already have duplicates. I do not know how to setup a query that will sort only the last 4 numbers. When you have 2500 members, SSN's were how we kept track of our members, especially females who changed their last names and do not let us know. The USPS is replacing SSN with Employee Identification Numbers (EIN). In some instances we get our member's complete SSN, the last 6 numbers, the last 4 numbers, their EIN...

Reply on Tracked e-mails
When my internal users reply to a tracked e-mail from another internal user, the Outlook client hangs up. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix it? We're running CRM 3.0 and Outlook 2003 and I've installed update rollup 2. Thanks. ...

Zoom to increase display size on received mail
Recent new user of Micosoft Office Outlook 2007 (Beta) 12.0.4017.1006 MSO 12.0.4017.1003. When composing a new message, in the Format Tab there is an option to Zoom to change the display size. On reading recieved mail there is no similar option as far as I can find. For the older amongst us with declining visual ability, this would make it easier to read incoming messages. In Outlook Express there is a facility to increase the Text Size from the View Menu which is just fine! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

E-mail response
Is it possible to have replies automatically put at the bottom of an e-mail. The purpose would be to have replies in chronilogical order. i.e. I receive an e-mail and my response would be forced at the end and so on. Thanks D "D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D7909E0-FA76-41C3-AC8D-49B831996995@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have replies automatically put at the bottom of an e-mail. > The purpose would be to have replies in chronilogical order. i.e. I receive > an e-mail and my response would be forced at the end and so ...

Export mail
As I'm not sure whether this is an OE or an Outlook question, I'm posting to both--I hope the method is correct for posting in two groups without being considered an idiot. ;-) I thought I had lost a bunch of old e-mail a reformat or two before getting rid of my old computer but when I saw something about DBXpress on this forum a day or two ago I decided to give it a try and, sure enough, it found all the dbx files on my external hard drive on which I'd saved my entire old data drive. On my new system, I'm using Outlook 2007 beta and didn't plan on setting up OE ...

deleting unread mails
how can i delete unwanted and unread mails from my inbox without openin them using MS Outlook? thank you ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Make sure the Preview Pane/Reading Pane is disabled, then simply delete or shift-delete the items (don't double-click them or they will open). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In n...

Double E-Mails #2
I am recieving double e-mails when people just send me one copy. It is not every time and I can't figure a pattern out. Any Ideas! Thanks for any help, Ryan ...

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...