Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...

Hi there...

When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two
messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and
could be dispensed with possibly ??

Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now.

Message 2. says, it has been moved.

we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have
duly been put into
the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and
how do we configure to get rid of them.

when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see
and read email messages and not press two more buttons.

Also ... is it possible to get the program to automatically "send and
recieve" on opening up   instead of having to press "send and
recieve".? ...Or maybe it does by default and I've changed it...

john.rowntree@ntlworld.com <john.rowntree@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two
> messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and
> could be dispensed with possibly ??
>
> Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now.
>
> Message 2. says, it has been moved.

You first: what version of Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman
0

It's hard to say on the other problem without a better description of the
dialog and the version of outlook - do you have a rule set up to alert you
when messages arrive?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

<john.rowntree@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi there...
>
> When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two
> messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and
> could be dispensed with possibly ??
>
> Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now.
>
> Message 2. says, it has been moved.
>
> we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have
> duly been put into
> the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and
> how do we configure to get rid of them.
>
> when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see
> and read email messages and not press two more buttons.
>
> Also ... is it possible to get the program to automatically "send and
> recieve" on opening up   instead of having to press "send and
> recieve".? ...Or maybe it does by default and I've changed it...

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/29/2005 2:44:14 PM
The version is 2002 sp3

thanks for the link for "outlook-tips"...re - auto send and
recieve...now  OK.
version is... 2002 sp3

dialog is... ???

rule set up to alert when messages arrive ...negative

repost: Outlook and incoming html
Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? Thanks -- Tendril ___________________________ A mistake is only a mistake If one learns nothing from it Tendril <dontuspamtendril@shotgunsandwich.net> wrote: > Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? I don't think so. That feature was added in Outlook 2002. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths do...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook 2003

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Outlook 2002
Can anyone tell me why in Outlook 2002, when I send a message it goes to the Outbox and sits there until I click another folder or wait for a long time. The Send Message Immediately is checked. I did apply SP2. Any suggestions will be greatky appreciated. Thanks Jim Stroyek jim.stroyek@na.omgi.com ...

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

concurrent instances (or profiles) of outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook running at the same time? Or maybe have two Outlook profiles accessable at the same time? I have two mail accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use Outlook for both. But I don't know how so right now I'm using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other. Thanks for any advise, Rob No, you cannot run 2 instances of Outlook nor can you have 2 profiles open at the same time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...

SMTP 550 Message
Hi folks, Went I send an email via my Comcast to the following address (dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us) I get the following error. Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net Arrival-Date: 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 +0000 Final-Recipient: rfc822; <dvanderwoude@nwpic.bellingham.wa.us> Action: failed Status: 5.0.0 550_#5.1.0_Address_rejected. Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Permanent Failure: Other undefined Status Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:19:43 -0000 I understant tha a 550 is a deny, I just don't know were should I look or what to do in able to fix this issue. I should said also, that t...

popup box message; "Publisher cannot open the file"
saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot open the file" What version Publisher do you have? Do you know what version Publisher was used to create the file? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stature" <stature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AD1D565-743D-478D-95DD-5C5358400272@microsoft.com... > saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot > open the file" ...