Unknown error 0x80040201 #2

Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned error
while sending and receiving e-mails.  All POP3 settings are correct and mail
does get received but while sending the message comes up.  Funny thing is
that e-mails still go out. Only happens while sending...

Error msg:  Unknown error 0x80040201

0
Al1 (450)

Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned
> error while sending and receiving e-mails.  All POP3 settings are
> correct and mail does get received but while sending the message
> comes up.  Funny thing is that e-mails still go out. Only happens
> while sending...
>
> Error msg:  Unknown error 0x80040201

Back on November 23, in this very group, Jeff Stephenson, of Outlook

--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
12/15/2004 5:53:09 PM
hmm, that doesn't sound like a "right fix" since the user has plenty of
mail/folders that the user would need. Creating a new profile as u suggested
doesn't seem right.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned
> > error while sending and receiving e-mails.  All POP3 settings are
> > correct and mail does get received but while sending the message
> > comes up.  Funny thing is that e-mails still go out. Only happens
> > while sending...
> >
> > Error msg:  Unknown error 0x80040201
>
> Back on November 23, in this very group, Jeff Stephenson, of Outlook
> Development, wrote:
>
> >That error indicates an invalid EntryId (the identifier of an item in the
> >PST). I don't know why you're getting that, but you can probably solve the
> >problem by creating a new mail profile.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Al1 (450)
12/15/2004 6:59:03 PM
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:59:03 -0800, Al wrote:

> hmm, that doesn't sound like a "right fix" since the user has plenty of
> mail/folders that the user would need. Creating a new profile as u suggested
> doesn't seem right.

Could you try running scanpst.exe on the PST for the user?  See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287497 for
information on it.  I think what's happening is that the outgoing queue for
the PST contains an entryid for a message that is no longer present.  One
of the people here most knowledgable about the PST says he thinks that
scanpst will correct this.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development
Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> hmm, that doesn't sound like a "right fix" since the user has plenty
> of mail/folders that the user would need. Creating a new profile as u
> suggested doesn't seem right.

And why not?  Creating a new mail profile won't affect existing items.  Just
point the pfofile at the existing PST.

However, if it is an invalid value in the PST, creating a new PST and moving
everything from the old PST to the new may clear that up as well, or at
least so it seems to me.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
12/16/2004 2:51:30 PM
Brian & Jeff,

 I will give both suggestions a try, once the user comes back into the
office...

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > hmm, that doesn't sound like a "right fix" since the user has plenty
> > of mail/folders that the user would need. Creating a new profile as u
> > suggested doesn't seem right.
>
> And why not?  Creating a new mail profile won't affect existing items.  Just
> point the pfofile at the existing PST.
>
> However, if it is an invalid value in the PST, creating a new PST and moving
> everything from the old PST to the new may clear that up as well, or at
> least so it seems to me.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Al1 (450)
12/16/2004 8:41:01 PM
Please try the scanpst first - it will give us an idea as to why this is
happening.  The new profile will almost certainly works, but just sidesteps
the problem rather than correcting it...

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:41:01 -0800, Al wrote:

> Brian & Jeff,
>
>  I will give both suggestions a try, once the user comes back into the
> office...
>

> "Brian Tillman" wrote:
>
>> Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> hmm, that doesn't sound like a "right fix" since the user has plenty
>>> of mail/folders that the user would need. Creating a new profile as u
>>> suggested doesn't seem right.
>>
>> And why not?  Creating a new mail profile won't affect existing items.
>> Just point the pfofile at the existing PST.
>>
>> However, if it is an invalid value in the PST, creating a new PST and
>> moving everything from the old PST to the new may clear that up as
>> well, or at least so it seems to me.
>> --
>> Brian Tillman

0
stephenson (1245)
12/16/2004 11:13:40 PM
I had this problem.  On the web, I learned that you close the Outlook data
file and then reopen it.  The error goes away.  It worked for me with my
Archive file.

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" wrote:

> Please try the scanpst first - it will give us an idea as to why this is
> happening.  The new profile will almost certainly works, but just sidesteps
> the problem rather than correcting it...
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
>
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:41:01 -0800, Al wrote:
>
> > Brian & Jeff,
> >
> >  I will give both suggestions a try, once the user comes back into the
> > office...

> >> And why not?  Creating a new mail profile won't affect existing items.
> >> Just point the pfofile at the existing PST.
> >>
> >> However, if it is an invalid value in the PST, creating a new PST and
> >> moving everything from the old PST to the new may clear that up as
> >> well, or at least so it seems to me.
> >> --
> >> Brian Tillman

I had this problem.  Somewhere on the web I learned that you should close the
Outlook data file and reopen it.  It worked for me with the Archive file.
Mine was too big to write to a 700MB CD so I started deleting stuff; but it
wouldn't decrease in size.  I got out of Outlook and tried compressing it.
Nothing worked.  I did not know until today that I needed to close it in
Outlook!!!

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" wrote:

> Please try the scanpst first - it will give us an idea as to why this is
> happening.  The new profile will almost certainly works, but just sidesteps
> the problem rather than correcting it...
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
>
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:41:01 -0800, Al wrote:
>
> > Brian & Jeff,
> >
> >  I will give both suggestions a try, once the user comes back into the
> > office...

> >> And why not?  Creating a new mail profile won't affect existing items.
> >> Just point the pfofile at the existing PST.
> >>
> >> However, if it is an invalid value in the PST, creating a new PST and
> >> moving everything from the old PST to the new may clear that up as
> >> well, or at least so it seems to me.
> >> --
> >> Brian Tillman

Authentication Error after installation CRM 3.0
Hello I installed CRM 3.0 but i am getting Authentication Error after installation. Setup looks like One AD, 3 domain contorlers, I installed CRM on the one Domain controler. SQL 2000 SP4 and CRM 3.0 are on the same box. Exchange server is on the other box and working properly. i am member of DomainSP4 and then CRM 3.0 and underinstallation i did not get any error and it looks good but after installation i got error message at first attempt to login CRM via web prowser. 1: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and tha...

Error on TransferText when converting Access 97 to Access Xp
The instruction TransferText is use to create a file from a table. This program works very well (many years) on access 97. Afer the convertion to access xp I have the error : "Cannot update .." I went to Newsgroups and see that for security reason MS oblige me to change my file extension .doc to a file extension .txt. So now, I use a text file and I have always on the TransferText instruction the error : "The insert into statement contains ...unknow field name" What can I do to resolve this convertion problem ? Thank you for advance for your answers. ...

error messge #2
I am unable to use my address book in outlook. I get an error message of cannot find LDAP Directory Server (81). Can anyone help me with this? You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836205&Product=off2003 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google...

Error when we try to create a quick campaign
When we try to create a quick campaign we got immediately an error message: Error: window.opener.document is null or not an object Does anyone know why? ...

Please help a neophyte w/ connecting Outlook #2
I recently received a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. Since I only have a dial-up connection and I want to use this in a room where there is no telephone jack, I needed a long phone cord to connect the laptop to the phone jack. I attached the 50' cord to the laptop last week and all went fine connecting to the Internet. However, I cannot seem to make the connection again. I enter the password and it dials (pulse!), and the box says "connected to remote computer", then "verifying name and password", then finally "unable to establish a connection". I th...

'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook'
Hi - I am running Outlook 2002, SP-2, under Windows XP Home edition, SP-1. I use MS Word as my message editor. For the past few months, I get the following error message in a dialog from Outlook: 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook' This occurs when I either create a new message or note or edit an existing message or note and then leave it open for more than just a minute or two, rather than closing or saving and closing it. I have run the "Detect and Repair" menu option in Outlook several times, but that has n...

Unknown Error
I find it incredible that Microsoft will allow crappy software to pervade their software regime. I am helping my son with his exemail email to do the simple task of deleting his "Deleted Items" folder that contains over 3000 items. Some items can be deleted one at a time but after a few successful deletions the "Unknown Error" appears and one must jump to a new item on the list to see if it can be deleted. selecting several items to be deleted at once nearly always results in "Unknown Error". The task of deleting is so time consuming and frustratin...

Unknown error 0x80040201 #2
Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned error while sending and receiving e-mails. All POP3 settings are correct and mail does get received but while sending the message comes up. Funny thing is that e-mails still go out. Only happens while sending... Error msg: Unknown error 0x80040201 Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned > error while sending and receiving e-mails. All POP3 settings are > correct and mail does get received but while sending the message > com...

Double spacing #2
When I send an e-mail on Outlook I double space between paragraphs. When someone replies, I see that the space between my paragraphs is considerably more than the two intended spaces. Can this be fixed? Thanks Claudia ...

insert worksheet #2
The default for inserting a new worksheet is to the left. Is there a way to have worksheets inserted to the right? Hi Sue in VBA you could use the following macro: sub insert_after() ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Add After:=ActiveSheet end sub you may apply a button to this macro. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sue wrote: > The default for inserting a new worksheet is to the left. > Is there a way to have worksheets inserted to the right? put this macro in your personal.xls file and attach it to a keyboard shortcut or toolbar button. Public Sub InsertSheetToRight() ...

XML Encryption #2
I need to define an interface for a web service using encrypted elements in the XML. I know that this is to be supported in 2.0, but does anyone have experience doing this in .NET 1.1? Is there any software out there that can help me with this? ...

How Can I Fix a Windows Update Error Due To Untimely Shutdown?
I have a fresh installation of Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I have a problem with my computer suddenly shutting off, like someone just pulled the plug from the wall. I crossed my fingers and downloaded Windows 76 updates, which it completed with no problem. It then started installing them one by one. It got through the first 28 and on the 29th one, the computer shut off. It's labeled as Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB969058) and when I review the update history, everything so far shows up as Successful except that one, which...

2 outlook errors to fix
Outlookhtmlmenu: iexplore.exe - application error the memory could not be read 2nd one is instruction@ oxf0016767 could not be read. iexplore.exe cannot start microsoft outlook the .dll file for the inform svc could not be found map1 was unable to load the info.svc. psttprx.dll Help and suggestions greatly appreciated. thanks. ...

Error
Hello, We're on GP version 9.0, and we've recently integrated the vendor master from an existing company into a new company. When we try to save a new vendor we get the error message "A save operation on table PM_Vendor_MSTR (45)" then on the More Info button we get "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Error converting data type char to smallint." What is causing this? Could it be something from the integration? Thanks Nick, If you enable a DEXSQL.LOG you should be able to tell what particular column is causing the issue. Best regards, -- ...

error 25004
Error 25004. Config.Xml not specified; A valid config.xml file must be authored when deploying '(null)'. What program? What are you doing? What operating system? What have you tried to resolve the issue? Tips for Posting: http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "gem7875" <gem7875@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B5ADF7-4B02-41C0-A763-7A36FE42E809@microsoft.com... > Error 25004. Config.Xml not > specified; A valid config.xml file must be authored when d...

Compile errors in function when converting from 97 to 2000
I am trying to convert an Access 97 mdb file to 2000...I got a compile error and when I run the debugger it stops at this function... It highlights the last section...RankCheck = result ....error states...Function call on lefthand side of assignment must return Variant or Object. Any ideas on what it should be changed to? Public Function RankCheckOrig(current_value As Integer) As Integer Dim previous_value As Integer Dim previous_rank As Integer Dim result As Integer previous_value = Forms![Rankvariables]![previous_value] previous_rank = Forms![Rankvariables]![previous_rank] If current_v...

Error Archiving email using Outlook XP
I am getting error when I ry to archive my mailbox. We have Exchange 2000 with SP3 and I am using Outlook XP with SP3. Here is what I get "Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Mailbox- <username>". Unknown Error" Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dinesh Scan your archive with scanpst.exe and make sure there is still room in your mailbox. Outlook is not able to use the Archive functionality when your mailbox is over quota. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -...

Shared calendar #2
Which method do you use for sharing calendars on Exch2000 ? Currently in my organization we create a Windows/Mailbox account and let people use that one to share department calendars. The problem is that I would like to avoid creating accounts. What's the best way to accomplish this calendar sharing ? You can create a public folder that contains Calendar Items. You can then assign permissions on the folder accordingly. You must create the public folder with Outlook to specify the item type of calendar items. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-ma...

Access Violation errors #2
GASDoc.h : interface of the CGASDoc class CGASDoc : public CDocument { public: int m_dmaxA; ........ } // A.h : header file #include"GASDoc.h" class CA: public CDialog { public: CGASDoc* pDoc; void someaction(); int m_dmaxA; } // B.h : header file class CB : public CDialog { // Dialog Data //{{AFX_DATA(CB) enum { IDD = IDD_B }; int m_dmaxA; //}}AFX_DATA //A.cpp void CA::someaction() { CB dlg; if(dlg.DoModal()==IDOK) { pDoc->m_dmaxA=m_dmaxA=dlg.m_dmaxA; } } its all right when compiling , but , when runing it has a wrong . Usingthe debug too...

Word 2007 - Font Size Error
I was originally running Office 2003. I upgraded to Office 2007, but maintained a working copy of 2003 on my computer. Immediately after the upgrade, I noticed that documents that had been created in Word 2003 using a 'standard' font and margins would be resized, with the font appearing slightly larger and distorting pagination, etc. No changes were made to the document, other than opened in both Word 2003 and 2007. (Font is supposed to be Garamond 11, but it looks and prints more like Garamond 12.) I've uninstalled Office 2003 and re-installed Office 2007. All upd...

Excel error while trying to import data from an Access database
This is just an FYI for anyone who might encounter this problem (as I just did)... =-) ::: SYMPTOM ::: In Excel, while trying to create a query into an Access database the following error occurred: MSQRY32.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. ::: CAUSE ::: The Access database contains 'unfavorable' characters in the filename (e.g. "MyAccessDatabase v1.0 (15-Mar-05).mdb" -- it doesn't like the "." and is probably better off without the "(") Rename the database to use a 'safe' file n...

Subform producing error...?
Folks I am trying to sum a "simple" expression in a text box on a sub form. It is producing #Error# - any ideas what I am doing wrong, I presume something simple and obvious, but I can't spot it. Expression is: =Sum(IIf([Date Paid]>=[Forms]![01 Anna Start]![2 Months Start],[Amount],0)) [Forms]![01 Anna Start]![2 Months Start] is calculated using this expression on the main form [01 Anna Start], and is producing the right date: =DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-2,1) All responses gratefully received! Russell. -- Message posted via AccessMonster...

SMTP Queue Growth error #2
I have set up notifications to notify my when my SMTP Queue grows consistently for 5 minutes. But I get this notification like 15 times a day! So then I go into my queue, and there is sometimes only one message that is in the queue at most. It is always an NDR for domain mx01.send4fun.com. I have no idea what that domain is. Under "Additional Queue Info" at bottom it says "The connection was dropped by the remote host". I am pretty sure my server is not open relay. Is this domain using me for Reverse NDR spam? Can someone explain this to me? Thanks, ....Jamie This...

Money 2005 Communication Error
I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't import my OFX files from my bank anymore. I saw some other posts related to MSN Billpay which I've never used. It looks like this is a known problem. Does anyone know of a fix? I thought the problem was my bank so I went a couple of weeks before investigating this issue; now my backup file is also corrupted. I tried the Money repair function but to no avail. In microsoft.public.money, keanton wrote: >I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't >import my OFX files from ...

Merging Calendars #2
I have two Calendars - one is a sub of the main Calendar. I want to combine the sub calendar with the main one. I tried to export and import it into the main one but that isn't working. Any ideas? Melonie ...