Uninstalled Office 07 - data files still present

I just uninstalled Office 2007 off of a laptop.

I then installed Office 2010 onto it.

I wanted to start with a clean slate, particularly for Outlook as a lot of the
calendar data is screwed up.

However, all the old data is still present.

What's the easiest and most effective way to purge Outlook of all data, so I can
start afresh?

I want to install the Google Calendar Sync utility so the laptop can sync its
calendar data with Google.

I have my Android Phone and Outlook 2010 on a desktop PC sync'ed this way.

0
marts (49)

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:50:28 +1100, Marts <marts@ymail.com> wrote:

>I just uninstalled Office 2007 off of a laptop.
>
>I then installed Office 2010 onto it.
>
>I wanted to start with a clean slate, particularly for Outlook as a lot of the
>calendar data is screwed up.
>
>However, all the old data is still present.
>
>What's the easiest and most effective way to purge Outlook of all data, so I can
>start afresh?
>
>I want to install the Google Calendar Sync utility so the laptop can sync its
>calendar data with Google.
>
>I have my Android Phone and Outlook 2010 on a desktop PC sync'ed this way.

Most good programs won't uninstall data, because often the best way to
'upgrade' is to actually uninstall the old version first.

For the Outlook 2007 File locations, see

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup2007.asp

evan1 (39)

share permissions get added to file permissions
Hi, Has the "best practices" for share permissions been chaged after all these years? As of my Windows 2000 certification I have been taught that the proper way to set permissions for the users on a server is to have the permissions set at the filesystem level and not at the share. Share permissions should simply be set to everyone (or all users) FC unless there is a good reason to do so otherwise. And let me tell you as an admin I have had only negative experiences when I've set the share permisions to a lowel level. It's a pain to finaly trace the problem why...

Problems converting Money 98 File to Money 2004
I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. My only recourse is to kill 2004 in task manager. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, evvb wrote: >I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file >on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. >It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. >My ...

Excel .tmp files
I am not being allowed to "save as" over an old file, .tmp files are then created in the folder. Whatm is the problem. The error message says it is read only, but it is not. I've never seen excel try to save over a file when it was readonly. It gives a warning and shows the SaveAs dialog. Are you sure the message was that the file was readonly? Just some info: When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name--but I've never seen it use a .tmp extension. If the save is successful, xl will delete the original and if that's successful, xl...

Creating a COM object out of TLB file within an MFC Extension DLL
Hi, I am trying to create a global(!) com object (from an Automation Server) using it's olb (type library) file only. My project is an MFC extension DLL (!). I tried many ways but the DLL crashed giving me these kind of errors: "First-chance exception in SUA_Test.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception." I am trying to create a WRQ Reflection object, but I guess the problem is conceptual. Here is my code fragment (look for the "crash" comment): **************************************************** #include "stdafx.h" #include <afxd...

Opening Windows Encrypted Documents with Mac Office 08
Hi, I'm a new Mac user and was wondering - if I had locked a document with Windows Vista (it has the file extension .ueaf) do you know how I would be able to open it using Mac Office 2008? I can't find an 'unlock' or 'decrypt' option in the menu. Thanks! On 2/28/08 7:20 PM, in article ee8f21f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "capucina67@officeformac.com" <capucina67@officeformac.com> wrote: > Hi, > I'm a new Mac user and was wondering - if I had locked a document with Windows > Vista (it has the file extension .ueaf) do you know how I would be ...

.pst File Problems #2
I have a couple of personal folders that point to .pst files that no longer exist, is there a way to get rid of these references. They don't appear in the "Outlook Data Files" window. Jay You can either recreate your mail profile by going to Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... Or search for the references to these files in the registry (make a backup first of that regkey!) [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Wh...

Word windows 07 docs let's crash win for mac 2008

Format issues when saving file from .docx to doc
I am having formatting issues when saving a file into a previous version of Word. The oriiginal document was created with the 2007 version and when I "save as" 97-2003 version, it seems to lose the orignal format. It actually puts the page number onto the next page but not at the top like you would assume...it pushes it between text. Almost like the page margins at the bottom are increased. I have tried to delete and cut and then paste but it has changed the page size...or so it seems. I hope this makes sense Why bother? There is compatibility pack for users of pre...

how do i import excel data into Money 05?
"rodshar" <rodshar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A674E2FA-7500-4743-B71C-3BFF6ABE9D15@microsoft.com... > Here's a tool that will do the necessary conversion: http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php /Fredrik ...

Bug: Microsoft Office Error Reporter
Is anybody else seeing the Office Error reporter lock up when it tries to report an error? I've had Word go into "Application Not Responding" a couple of times lately -- thank goodness only when I'm quitting, and then I notice that not only is Word hanging around in my Dock, but so is the error reporter, which also "reports" that it is Not Responding. So two applications to Force Quite instead of one. ____________________________ John Laudun Associate Director Center for Louisiana Studies University of Louisiana Lafayette, LA 70504 337-482-5703 This report/quest...

Linking data from cells into word doc in 2003
When I open a word document, that has links to the excel app I am opening it from, it prompts me with a question if I wish to update links. I have the option already check marked in Word so that it will update links automatically upon opening, and I did the same thing in excel, but it still prompts for an answer. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what do you do to fix it. This is destroying our automation at work where the hyperlink is triggered to open the word doc, the word doc updates, prints, saves and closes before going on to the next hyperlink. ...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

File Properties
Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) through using a macro? Thanks, Andrew activeworkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("title") = "Test book" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3986D848-BF81-4120-A878-D9B3E80E1A1D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the details in the Summary tab of the File > Properties dialog box (e.g. Title / Keywords / Comments) thr...

error opening excel file #2
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb Hi jp- Without a lot more detail, one can only guess, but here are a couple of ideas. 1) The file may be damaged or corrupted in some way. Pe...

Im wanting to down load a file where i can go in and make my own .
Im wanting to know what file i can download so i can make my own business cards There are a multitude of templates within Publisher. Always post what version you are using. Hey David, missed you... Everyone said you abandoned us to go to Serif. How are things down under? I hear the Aussie PM is still on Bush's side... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "��MS-Publisher��" <brains@here.com> wrote in message news:OVYylLGqEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > There are a multitude of templates wit...

Access project image files
I have a sql2000 database with a Access 2003 project front end that I am trying to update to a vb.net front end application. In the access data project, word documents were inserted into the database as "image" files. Does anyone know how to open these in .net? I received a request in vb.net2008 to import a reference to "Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Images.ImageControl" but can find nothing about this anywhere. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. I suspect you'd be better off asking in a newsgroup related to .Net. By the way, if you feel you need to post to mor...

File Open Dialog Problem
Hello Dears, I am using WINCE 5 with SMDK2442. My problem is I am developing an application that i replace with explorer in common.reg to start on startup. When i Build the NK and burn it works fine. But problem is when i try to open file using Open File Dialog the dialog does not appears. I included shell into the NK and when i put explorer.exe as startup application its works fine and all file dialogs apears fine. But when i replace explorer with my startup.exe it does not display Open File Dialog. So please help me. thanks in advance Regards Nomi -- Nomi Message po...

adding my old "Einstein" office assistant
I want to add my old "einstein" as office assistant in MS Office 2003 ...

CAn't Generate Out of Office Reply
Using SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002, when we set Outlook to generate an Out of Office response none is generated. How can I rectify this? Thanks! Larry -- Larry Lentz, MCSE+Internet & W2K, MCDBA GoldMine Certified Professional Lentz Computer Services www.LentzComputer.Net Larry@LentzComputer.Net Is this for internal or external users or both and does every user experience who enables the OOF experience the same problem "Larry Lentz" <Larry@LentzComputer.Net> wrote in message news:O6mLtrjIEHA.2844@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Using SBS 2000 with Exchang...

Customize reports 07-22-04
Hi, I need to customize a report or create a new report. I try to install Crystal Report Enhanced version on the CRM Server computer but I get an error message. With Crystal Report Enhanced I can to development new reports? Thanks in advance Carlos no, thats just a module so that when you use Crystal Reports it can properly connect to CRM -Gary "Carlos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255501c47022$6ed9c120$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > I need to customize a report or create a new report. > > I try to install Crystal Rep...

insert row below where the cell data is "Wednesday"
Can someone help me? I checked Excel Help and didn't find insert row based on data....thanks!! ....Lisa Excel 2003 look in vba help index for FIND if only one or FINDNEXT if more. Good example -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <gerry.lisa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156424702.624278.17530@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Can someone help me? I checked Excel Help and didn't find insert row > based on data....thanks!! > > ...Lisa Excel 2003 > If you're trying to insert a new row when the values in a column change, may...

I cannot view all of my song files from my mp3 in WMP 11
I cannot view all of my song files from my mp3 device. My computer recognizes the device, I can sync to it just fine, but there are duplicates of songs I want to erase, but WMP won't let me recognize them. My mp3 displays 1. Artist 2. Album 3. Song i. e. Depeche Mode Music For The Masses Strangelove I want to erase the song i.e. Depeche Mode Unknown Music For The Masses Are there options to view all files. I cannot seem to view unknown artists or unknown albums. I want to be able to do this to remove mistakenly mislabeled songs. Anybody have any id...

Automatic document file name & path in all new document footers
Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all new documents that includes the file name and path? How? Yes, if you add the Filename \p field to the template footer. It's not advisable to do this in the Normal template, however. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dora the Explorer" <Dora the Explorer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6569F09-768E-4F1C-9C31-366EB9290794@microsoft.com... > Will an Office template or other function enable aut...

Lact cell data copied
Need some help on a basic question. I have a list of constantly growing data & I would like the last entered value in this list to copied to a fixed cell. EG, if the last entered cell was say line 20 with value "A64" I would like this value to be posted to say A1 and as data is entered in line 20 this value would replace the contents of cell A1,make sence ? Any help would be appreciated Sorry the second line 20 should read line 21 "Malcolm McMaster" wrote: > Need some help on a basic question. > I have a list of constantly growing data & I ...

Merge two excel files
I have two excel files with the same cell layout. Some of the entries in the first file are identical to the second file. How do I merge the two files so that the resulting file has no duplicates? Thanks in advance. Tom -- So long and thanks for all the fish! Tom, Copy the entries from the second file into the first, below the other entries (don't copy the header row). Then save the file under a new name. I'm going to assume that your data starts in cell A2, with headers in row 1, and extends down the page. In a column to the right of the data table, enter a formul...