undeliverable messages

Outlook 2002 returns message from System Administrator
telling me that my email addressee could not be reached:

Message reads:  553 sorry, that domain isn't on my list
of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

How do I correct this error?  Did I configure my outlook
improperly?  Any help would be appreciated.
0
wgp (1)

You might have mistyped the email address or the
receiver's address is blocked by your ISP. Have the
recipient email you and reply by clicking on Reply button
and see if it goes through. Note his email address and
check for mistakes in your Contacts.

0
anonymous (74718)
11/13/2003 10:40:42 PM
You need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server.  You can do so
on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:036c01c3aa1d$39e63eb0$a101280a@phx.gbl,
wgp@ids.net wrote:

> Outlook 2002 returns message from System Administrator
> telling me that my email addressee could not be reached:
>
> Message reads:  553 sorry, that domain isn't on my list
> of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
>
> How do I correct this error?  Did I configure my outlook
> improperly?  Any help would be appreciated.

Message Labs
Hi - I'm passing on the good word to other exchange admins since my company switched to Message Labs. It has FAR outperformed all other traditional smtp gateway a/v scanners at least in my experience - www.messagelabs.com I've deployed it at a 30,000 seat company. Message Labs "skeptic" engine doesn't operate like traditional a/v scanners which require users to report e-mail viruses to the vendor for a pattern update to be released. It uses a 2gb heuristics engine that actually detects unknown, new viruses. ...

Undeliverable folder
I have some email going into the Outlook routers undeliverable folder these Emails have a crm tracking token in the subject line so I can't understand why they dont get routed. Most emails route fine. Has anyone seen this before ? ...

Problems forwarding a message
I HAD BEEN TRYING TO FORWARD A MESSAGE, BUT WHEN I WRITE SOMETHING, THE POINTER SEEMS LIKE IT IS TRYING TO SAVE THE CHANGES THAT I DO IN THE MESSAGE AND I SPEND LOTS OF TIME FORWARDING A MESSAGE... I HAD BEEN USING OFFICE XP Hi - I'm not sure what you mean - can you rephrase? Are you using Word as email editor? Please lose the caps lock - it's hard to read and is considered "shouting" Martin wrote: > I HAD BEEN TRYING TO FORWARD A MESSAGE, BUT WHEN I WRITE > SOMETHING, THE POINTER SEEMS LIKE IT IS TRYING TO SAVE > THE CHANGES THAT I DO IN THE MESSAGE AND I SPE...

Windows Mail
Recently I have been experiencing problem with Windows Mail. I can open an e-mail, read it and, then close it. If I should go into another folder, return to the Inbox, the message that I just read is gone. For some reason or, another it is being deleted from my Inbox and, can't be found in the Delete folder or, anywhere else in my system. I have been using Windows Mail and, Vista Home Preimum, 32 bit, for the last 5 or so years and, now, all of a sudden, I am having the above described problem. Would appreciate it if anyone can give me the solution to this problem. Tha...

error message #9
When I try to send or receive messages in Outlook 2002, I get the following error message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Help! ...

Finding an email message in Exchange 2000
Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who on our Echange server received it. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. Greg wrote: > Is there a way to find who received a specific email on our Exchange > 2000 server from an external account? I have the sender's email > address and I know the Subject, but I haven't found a way to see who > on our Echange server received it. > > Any help is much apprecia...

Undeliverable POP3 Email
I am having a problem with emails dissapearing if the username is not correct on an incoming email using POP collection. For example: if a email is sent to joe@domain.com and this email address is invalid, I have set the undeliverable emails to go to admin@domain.com. This is not happening as the email sent to joe goes to the POP3 account, is downloaded in the Exchange\Mailroot\vsi 1\PickUp folder which is correct and then it is not sent to the admin account. Help please. I think that you need catch all solution, try this http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_catch...

how to hide the original message received
in outlook the e mail messagfe appears when i clik on the inbox...i dont want the actual message to open since it mayu have virus etc..wher to i go to settings to have only thje senders address etc apper and then i can choose myself if i want to open it. i have looked thru all my options but cant seem to find wher e it is to do what i want..thanks are you talking about the reading pane? View > reading pane > off also uncheck auto preview if it's on. "BILLY2BS" <BILLY2BS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD1719B0-1F70-4B41-A608-54744F0FC456@micro...

Attachments sent inside message instead of attached to message
Hello! I have a user running Outlook 2002 and using Word 2002 as her email editor. She claims that up until a week ago, she was able to send attachments to people and they would show up in the attachment bar right below the subject bar. She claims that people are now getting WINMAIL.DAT files attached to her messages, and the attachments show up in the body of her messages, rather than attached to the messages. I showed her how to send in plain text format, which places the attachment in the attachment bar instead of within the body of the message. She claims that she could send in RTF prior...

Messaging
I have installed Exchange 2003 Server and was wondering what I need to do to get messaging enbled so that employees may have access to instant messaging for internal use? Thanks IM was a part of Exchange 2000, but it is not part of Exchange 2003...you'll need to look at Live Communication Server... "Micah" <Micah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A717B085-949C-476A-92D3-40C400E008EC@microsoft.com... > I have installed Exchange 2003 Server and was wondering what I need to do to > get messaging enbled so that employees may have access to instant mess...

Final solution to MAPI Error Message
-- JOHN HASKINS After experiencing the error generated message for all mapi problems trying to use the send email functions in Office 2007, including Word 2007, I now have solved the mystery. It was incredible all the postings I have read, dating back to 2005 about this problem. To make a long story short, follow this Microsoft link. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN=US;918792 If the typed in link is not highlighted, just copy and paste to your browser. The main Topics of this article [ Article ID: 918792 - Dec 15, 2009- revision 4 ] is to 1. verify your...

Message encryption
Does any one know if there is a way to prevent the mail administrator to "peek" into the messages stored on Exchange server? I know Exchange and Outlook support encrypted messages using certificate. However, we also want to protect all incoming messages from the organizations that don't use certificate. Thanks, H Doan Messages stored in the Exchange stores are not visible - you can't really "peek into" the store and read messages by default. However, if Administrators assign permissions to themselves, they can open other users' mailboxes. This can be d...

Undeliverable #5
I work for a non-profit. One of the agency's we deal with is not able to send us email anymore. When I send them an email & they replies, he get's a message that says something like this - -----Original Message----- From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:08 PM To: 'Brian Blake' Subject: Undeliverable: RE: please respond Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: please respond Sent: 7/19/2005 3:08 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Brian Blake' on 7...

SMS Text Messages
Does anyone have a solution for sending and receiving text messages with MS CRM? You could probably send a text message to a phone by sending an email activity from CRM to the text msg address of the phone. For example, 5551212@tmobile.com "Helen" wrote: > Does anyone have a solution for sending and receiving text messages with MS > CRM? Try look at the following: IntelliSMS: http://www.intellisms.co.uk/sms%2Dgateway/smtp%2Dinterface/ World-text: http://www.world-text.com/services/emailgw/ "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote: > You could probably send a text me...

Disapearing Messages.
Hello, This evening, upon checking one of my folders to which e- mail messages are recieved in Outlook Express (v.6), I discovered that that entire folder's collection of messaged had completely disappeared !!! This has never happened before and shocks me to the bone. There are many important messages there in that folder and now they seem to have EVAPORATED without a trace. I tried System Michanic's (latest version) ...

Error message #37
when reinstalling Office XP received error message that MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Can't open Outlook and can't find the file. How can I get the file back?? Does this article help: OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293058&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

Stuck messages
Looks like a lot of people have the same problem of large messages not leaving their mail boxes. Anyone have an answer - it's driving me crazy!! Thanks Corinne Corinne, As an engineer, I have come across this many a times. Some solutions have and some haven't. It seems to be a protocol related issue (between NT kernel and Outlook/IE/OE) Suggestions: 1. Try another SMTP server 2. Increase the server time-out value in your account settings 3. Change the MTU value in registry for adapter http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/280/ 4. Try with Outbound mail scanning disab...

remote connect to exchange server message question
Hello all, If using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP at home, and using a dsl VPN connection to connect to your offices Exchange Server 2000; and when setting up the connection at home the very first time you accidentally uncheck the "leave messages on server" button; and then all the messages from exchange server at the office are downloded to your home machine; and then when you get to the office all your messages are gone (becaouse they are at home); how do you change this back at home, so all the messages won't be downloaded to the home machine? I have been through every set...

Message Rule Problem
I set two message rules, the first one for messages containing [IncrediJoy], and the other for messages containing [Blank-Tags-ONLY] for the messages to go into specific folders. For some reason, when I get more of the messages with [IncrediJoy] or [Blank-Tags-ONLY], they won't go to their assigned folder, how can I correct this problem? -- Matthew Surber matthew_surber@earthlink.net Have A Great Day! -- All Outgoing mail scanned by McAfee ...

ComboBox messages
I have a ComboBox that I want to do some special processing while the dropdown menu is down. I know I can get a notification of CBN_DROPDOWN, but that only tells me when it is first dropped down. I need to determine the selection the mouse is currently over in the drop down menu, so I can update a help balloon on the screen that will then describe what that choice will do. (The user is choosing from various styles, and the balloon will give a short description of what each style is like.) How can accomplish this end? Is there a message I can grab that will tell me the mouse has mov...

Automated way to move messages to a non-outlokk folder
I need an automated way to move messages from an inbox to a non-outlook folder saved as .msg files. See the MailItem.SaveAs method. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:04:06 -0700 schrieb STMII: > I need an automated way to move messages from an inbox to a non-outlook > folder saved as .msg files. ...

total # of messages
Is there a way to display the total number of messages beside the folder What version of Outlook? In Outlook 2003 you can display the total number of items by right clicking on the folder and choosing Properties. There are option buttons for displaying the total number of items or the total number of unread items. Other versions of Outlook do not have this capability. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Apple" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

External Data message
When saving a workbook with a pivot table is there a way to turn off this message "This workbook contains external data..." Yhe only 'exernal data' is on another worksheet in the same workbook. Why on earth does it have to pop up every time one saves? Thanks ...

CREATING A NEW EMAIL MESSAGE
hen I cllick on "NEW', the email window that pops up is like totally ZOOMED in, my signature looks like LARGE print, I cannot get it to look normal. Even though my font size is 12, I can only see a few words at a time because it is SO huge! After I send my message, when I look at it in my SENT folder, it looks normal size. Hello, The most likely problem is that you are zoomed in in the editor and not that your text is too large. You did not specify your version of Outlook so I will assume Outlook 2007 and explain how to do it that way. Create new email. Choose Format Tex...

Fault message
every time I open my e-mail when I select a specific e- mail it will open up and then immediate display a message box that says "MSIMN general protection fault module V128iid.drv" Then it crashs and I have to bring up outlook again. Just keeps doing this. What is causing this and how do I overcome it. Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetex...