Unchecking Calendar removes other calendars entries

I have 4 Calendars in Outlook 2007. One is from Outlook and the other 3 are
Live Calendars. If I have them all checked and viewed in Overlay mode, all
of my tasks, bdays etc. show up fine. If I uncheck the one Outlook created
calendar, all of the events go away until I uncheck and RE-check the other
Live calendars.

This is my list of Calendars:

Calendar
Home Calendar in xxxx@live.com
Birthday calendar in xxxx@live.com
US Holidays in xxxx@live.com

I really just want to delete the "Calendar" and keep the Live ones, but it
won't let me delete it (note: it won't let me delete the Home Calenday
either). And, if I uncheck it, I have the problem described above.

Thank you for any help. I hope this makes sense.
--
Michael

Windows 7 RC
IE 8
Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
Office 2007 (latest)

is the live account your only account? You can set it as the default for delivery and remove the local pst. That will get rid of the home calendar.

MHL wrote on Sat, 22 August 2009 10:36

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
0
Diane
8/23/2009 8:50:27 PM
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook. One is a Live account with
Connector and the other is a Comcast Account. Let me try to set the Live
account as the default.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp[at]msn[dot]com> wrote in message
> is the live account your only account? You can set it as the default for
> delivery and remove the local pst. That will get rid of the home calendar.
> MHL wrote on Sat, 22 August 2009 10:36
>> I have 4 Calendars in Outlook 2007. One is from Outlook and the other 3
>> are Live Calendars. If I have them all checked and viewed in Overlay
>> mode, all of my tasks, bdays etc. show up fine. If I uncheck the one
>> Outlook created calendar, all of the events go away until I uncheck and
>> RE-check the other Live calendars.
>>
>> This is my list of Calendars:
>>
>> Calendar
>> Home Calendar in xxxx@live.com
>> Birthday calendar in xxxx@live.com
>> US Holidays in xxxx@live.com
>>
>> I really just want to delete the "Calendar" and keep the Live ones, but
>> it won't let me delete it (note: it won't let me delete the Home Calenday
>> either). And, if I uncheck it, I have the problem described above.
>>
>> Thank you for any help. I hope this makes sense.
>> --
>> Michael
>>
>> Windows 7 RC
>> IE 8
>> Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
>> Office 2007 (latest)
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

0
MHL
8/23/2009 9:01:10 PM
Maybe I misunderstood. I have one Calendar that is not a Live Calendar and
one that is an Outlook Calendar. I have two email accounts...one is Live,
one is Comcast.

Are you saying make the Live account the default account for sending and
receiving? Then, Remove the local pst on my hard drive?
--
**********
Michael

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp[at]msn[dot]com> wrote in message
> is the live account your only account? You can set it as the default for
> delivery and remove the local pst. That will get rid of the home calendar.
> MHL wrote on Sat, 22 August 2009 10:36
>> I have 4 Calendars in Outlook 2007. One is from Outlook and the other 3
>> are Live Calendars. If I have them all checked and viewed in Overlay
>> mode, all of my tasks, bdays etc. show up fine. If I uncheck the one
>> Outlook created calendar, all of the events go away until I uncheck and
>> RE-check the other Live calendars.
>>
>> This is my list of Calendars:
>>
>> Calendar
>> Home Calendar in xxxx@live.com
>> Birthday calendar in xxxx@live.com
>> US Holidays in xxxx@live.com
>>
>> I really just want to delete the "Calendar" and keep the Live ones, but
>> it won't let me delete it (note: it won't let me delete the Home Calenday
>> either). And, if I uncheck it, I have the problem described above.
>>
>> Thank you for any help. I hope this makes sense.
>> --
>> Michael
>>
>> Windows 7 RC
>> IE 8
>> Windows Live Mail 2009 (latest)
>> Office 2007 (latest)
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

0
MHL

scanost hangs on calendar
I have a damaged calendar. Possibly other folders, but I know Inbox and Sent are ok. They don't hang scanost. Also, Outlook although it works somewhat, when closed will never leave memory. Always in task manager. What is the best method to solve this and hopefully save data? I have tried creating a new profile in Outlook and deleting the old once already. I am uncertain if this problem followed it or not. Thanks, Purtech <mikek(remove)@hlit.net> wrote: > I have a damaged calendar. Possibly other folders, but I know Inbox > and Sent are ok. They don't hang scanos...

"Calendar Options" is not available on my format menu
I created a calendar in Publisher several months ago and now I want to add additional months to the same calendar. "Calendar Options" is not on my format menu. Also, "wizard for this object" is grayed out. ...

Why does shared workbooks uncheck users Windows in Taskbar option
Every time users go into a shared workbook it unchecks their previously selected option to show Windows In Taskbar (Tools\Option\View\Windows In Taskbar). I've tried saving the program with this option checked but it seems every time I make it a shared workbook and go back into it, this option unchecks itself. Any way around this? What version of excel are you running? Saved from a previous post... There's a bug in xl2k that shows up if you're working with shared workbooks. If you're not using xl2k and shared workbooks, it sounds like you don't have permission to ...

sales tax entry question
I'd like to enter purchases in MS Money on a line-item basis - and on each line I'd like to have a column for the price of that item, and a column for the sales tax allocable to that item. I don't suppose that's possible? It would offer lots of possibilities for reports. I'm using Money 2005. jim.s.witherspoon | 2009-05-21 | 2:19:45 PM wrote: >I'd like to enter purchases in MS Money on a line-item basis - and on >each line I'd like to have a column for the price of that item, and a >column for the sales tax allocable to that item. I don't suppose ...

Calendar Error (Duane's Calendar)
I'm getting a runtime error 13 -- type mismatch and not sure why i'm getting the error. The error is pointing to this line below. The report worked great, but when I start adding more appointments, this error pops up. Me.ClassID.Top = lngTopMargin + DateDiff("n", datSchedStart, Me.ClassTime) * lngOneMinute Dim lngTopMargin As Long Dim lngOneMinute As Long 'size of one minute in twips Dim datSchedStart As Date datSchedStart = #8:00:00 AM# lngOneMinute = 12 lngTopMargin = 1440 'timeline starts 1" down in section Me.MoveLay...

Removing Word from Spell Check Dictionary
I am running Windows Vista, Windows Mail and Home & Student 2007. I accidently clicked on "Add" for a misspelled word when running spell check in a Windows Mail message. Is there anyway I can get this word out of the dictionary? Sure. Locate the custom.dic and open it in notepad. The spell check dialog (misspell a word and press F7 to invoke it) will have a link to the custom.dic - either under Options or a direct link. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/...

Exchange Calendar
Hi all, Sorry if this question has already been covered here - a search for "calendar" didn't show anything relevant up. We need to have a scheduled export of Exchange calendars (for specified users only) to .PST files (or similar) but we don't want to export each user's whole calendar, just a subset of entries (last month/this month/next month). The reason for the export is to make the appointments in each calendar available to another organization (completely external - no shared networks) as FTP-able files for them to download and import once a day. Does anyone have...

Anyway to import All calendar events for multiple users
I have a pointy-haired guy asking me to bring everyone's calendar into a database. I'm a developer, but from the googling I have done it looks like everyone can only touch/export their own data. These users wouldn't be adept at that. Is it possible to import many users calendars all at once into a relational database? import to where? what version of Outlook? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After f...

Calendar and Contacts don't sync w server
I purchased my MacBook Pro, OS Snow Leopard, last month and had the Apple Store transfer my data from my PC - MS Outlook, etc. All of the Outlook calendar data was transferred to iCal and contact info to Address Book. Then, I realized I would need Entourage to sync w our work exchange server properly so I bought it and had it installed. Now, the Entourage Mail works with our server fine, but Calendar and Contacts don't. Anyone?? PHD On 1/3/10 4:15 PM, Peter deVries wrote: > I purchased my MacBook Pro, OS Snow Leopard, last month and had the Apple > Store transfer m...

removing ' before zero
Hi there - I copy/paste a few columns from a SQL query in Enterprise Manager. The one of the columns has ID's 6-10 digits long, most simple like 485232189. However, some begin with a zero. So, when I copy/paste this column into excel, it appears like: '048538569 when I just want it to be 048538569 I'm trying to do an index(match()) and I'm getting the #N/A,obviously because the ' is messing things up here. The clean() removes the ' but when I copy/paste value to do the indexing, the ' reappears. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks - Brian You could try...

Problems in Syncronization of Outlook Calendar with P900
All items except my Calendar items are getting synchronized. I have a problem cause that is not getting synchronized. Tried to select the Calendar etc etc... No error message but items do not reflect in phone or in PC. Please help You will need to apply to the maker of your synchronization software. If Microsoft Activesync, then post in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync. Not an Outlook problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious...

Uncheck Items in ListBox.
I have a list box called "ListPrint". The Control is "PrintValue" (from the table TbPrintValue) the Rowsource is "TbPrintForm" (Table that has all the list box items) and the form's record source is "TbPintValue". I have the following code to reset the form so that the check boxes in the list box can be checked again. Unfortunately it does not work and the items checked remained checked. Please help. Private Sub Form_Close() Dim varItem As Variant For Each varItem In Me!ListPrint.ItemsSelected Me!ListPrint.Selected(varItem) = ...

Run Rules Now windows has unchecked rules
Whenever I go to rules wizard and click on Run Now button, Run Rules Now window opens with all my rules but all of them are unchecked, I have to check them manually everyday when I start my comp and outlook. I am using MSOL 2002 (10.2627.2625) Help.... That's how run rules now works. It's for rules you don't want running constantly. Do you have the rules turned on? That's the check boxes on the first screen about Rules. Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook] Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com.au Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the ...

Calendar behaviour
This is a little strange. I have a user that is using outlook 2003, xp sp2, exchange server 2000 sp4. The user's appointments are not showing up in his inbox. He has no delegates, and the checkbox under tools|Options|Delegates is NOT checked. The Inbox indicates their is an unread msg for every appointment that shows up, but it's not viewable in his inbox. The "pop up" notifications does pop up, and for the brief moments it is there, the fact that it is indeed a meeting request is noticeable. The meeting request is being automatically accepted and placed in his calenda...

Syncronize outlook to maximizer
Our company uses outlook 2003/exchange 5.5 and maximizer as our CRM application. We have been unsuccessful in locating a way to have the calendar items that are entered into maximizer sent to Outlook, will settle for a full sync if have to (maybe skip privately marked items in outlook). Are there any suggestions on ways to do this, or any 3rd party software that is meant for this? Truesync was the closest with the following issue: Creator of a meeting invites others, all invitees have the item on their Maximizer calendar. Sync to outlook, only the creator ends up with the appointment not th...

Outlook Calendar events off by 1 hour
When I send a meeting to my boss. The meeting is off by 1 hour. Does anyone have a solutions for this problem? Check DST settings and Timezones on both machines. Browndawg74 wrote: > When I send a meeting to my boss. The meeting is off by 1 hour. Does anyone > have a solutions for this problem? "Browndawg74" <Browndawg74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70A4D77A-54A3-4188-8B9A-364FEB5395F8@microsoft.com... > When I send a meeting to my boss. The meeting is off by 1 hour. Does anyone > have a solutions for this problem? One of...

Is there any way to use gridlines in the Excel Calendar Templates?

cannot archive calendar
I am using OL 2003 and cannot archive the calendar. I have set the properties for the calendar to archive after one week. I archive to a file in my documents. When I actually archive, nothing happens. I t does not copy the events to the archive file nor does it remove them from the calendar. any ideas? Gord What's the modification date on the items in question? Archiving is based on that date. "typical computer geek" <schmag@schmag.com> wrote in message news:uibFjMFHGHA.3036@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I am using OL 2003 and cannot archive the calendar. I have set t...

Remove personalize workplace from workplace
I'm trying to remove the personalize workplace link on the workplace. Is this possible? I'm looking at the exported customization.xml file and it's not all that obvious where this can be edited out Any ideas? TIA Try exporting only the isv.config in the customization export. This is the part which should contain that link. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "A1pro" wrote: > I'm trying to remove the personalize workplace link on the workplace...

Changing Calendar Permissions
Hi, we have a user on vacation and I need to give another user permission to add calendar entries. Is there a way as admin for me to do this without brining up ADUC and changing their password, logging into their destkop and making that change? Mike ...

Exporing Calendar and Contacts
I am about to reload my operating software and I need to save my Calendar entries and Contact information so that it can be reloaded when I reinstall Outlook. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to save these two sets of data that will allow them to be easily reloaded? Thank you. Copy the .pst file - it contains all of your Outlook information. Once you have redone your system, put the file anywhere you want. Then, use File->Open->Outlook Data File (or Personal Folders File - depends on your version which you did not supply) to access your data. --� Milly Staples [MVP...

remove attachments from email
i need to remove attachments from emails before forwarding the emails to a second email address. i am using outlook 2000 and exchange 5.5, any idea? Press Forward, select the attchment and hit DELETE. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "dave green" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b3aa01c4373b$7139fb80$a001280a@phx.gbl... >i need to remove attachments from emails before forwarding > the emails to a second email address. i...

outlook calendar updates and invites appointment
My user is using outlook 2003 with all the updates. We are on an exchange server and the OS is Windows XP. The problem he is having is that when he sends out an invites for an meeting not all the attendees are receiving it and when he updates a meeting again not all attendees are receiving the updates. Do you have any ideas? is the user receiving any NDRs? if so, what do they say? is it possible that the meeting invitations are being send to "delegates", instead? have you tried any message tracking to see what might be happening to the invitations? -- Susan Conkey [MVP...

Rules uncheck themselves!
Hi, am running Outlook XP SP2 on a win XP Pro machine. I connect to an MDaemon IMAP mail server to collect messages... I hav to configure a rule to move sent emails to my IMAP 'Sent' folder a they default to the normal 'sent items' folder. Here's the strange thing... the rule that I have created and activate keeps deactivating itself. I check the box to activate it, appl everything, then after I find out that its not moving the messages look back in the rules wizard and find its unchecked! Anybody have this problem or knows how to fix it? Searched on the MS Knowledg...

Customize Outlook Calendar ??
Hello! I'm publishing my outlook calendar as a web page using "Save as Web Page". Is there a way in Outlook where I can customize output page? Thanks! -Zaha only by editing the files. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Zaha A&q...