UNC Path problems

Hi all,

I have face a problems in outlook 2000. When i click the unc path in an
email, there was nothing happen. I have search on the web and microsoft
website, but unfortuneately i can not find out any solution.

Please help
Thanks a lot

0
sg1 (2)

Import Problem #3
Using Excel 2003, my problem is to import from a csv file into Excel. Easy enough, except I require the top, leftmost cell to be in E10 not A1. There are a lot of text entries, and formulas already in place, and avoiding redoing those everytime a download and import is ordered will be a great enhancement to efficient operations. Thanks Pepper What about using "Replace" from the "Edit" menu to fix the formulas that call A1 and replace with E10? Might not be quite that simple, but could save a bunch of time. -- If my posting was helpful, please click the "Yes&...

OWA problem #18
I am using windows 2000 with exchange 2000.My mail server is working fine with outlook express/microsoft outlook. If i am using outlook web access after authentication i will get the the actual screen with inbox but i will not be able to see any new mails.It will be saying loading.... but if i click on new mail it will open the window and i can send the mail and the sender can receive the mail, but if i click inbox it will say loading nothing will come on the screen pls help me... "Suresh M V" <SureshMV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using windows 2000 wit...

How to set the path
How to set the path in win XP with System > Environment Variables. existing is %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem I need add F:\Source\bin and F:\Source2\code anime wrote: > How to set the path in win XP with System > Environment Variables. > existing is > %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem > > I need add F:\Source\bin and F:\Source2\code Just edit and add it to the path at the same place, insert semi-colons between the different paths: %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;...

Problem w/ Public Folders through OWA
We have an Exchange 2003 / Windows 2003 front-end server with an Exchange 2003 / Windows 2000 back-end server. All users accessing public folders via OWA are able to view but NOT add or edit items to things such as public calendars. The same user can log onto to a PC with Outlook installed and make changes. Any ideas? -- t-mac Hi t-mac, I am experiencing something similar and have come to the conclusion that for some reason, when access public folders through OWA, the "Default" permissions are used instead of the actual users. If I am correct, your "Default" fo...

EXCEL FORMULA PROBLEM #5
I CAN NOT GET A FORMULA TO WORK CONSISTANTLY =VLOOKUP(B7,Q:R,2,FALSE) I AM LOOKING TO HAVE THREE COLUMNS OF SCORES R-S-T A LIST OF TITLES IN COLUMN Q, AND THREE SEPERATE LISTS OF ITEMS AND SCORES IN COLUMNS B,C,D,E,F,G, IF YOU CAN HELP I CAN E-MAIL A COPY OF MY DOCUMENT FOR CLARIFICATION THANKS Please do not type in capitals it is hard to read. The best explanation of why it is hard to read is that we look at pattern of the letters rather than reading individual characters. Capital letters are also used for shouting, which of course would be rude, which is ineffective when asking a ...

Dialog to select a folder path similar to CFileDialog
There are some dialog to select a folder path similar to CFileDialog. With CFileDialog we can select a file. But I want select a folder. Tks. Rui "Rui Oliveira" <RuiOliveira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25BC259D-1A7B-4269-8E43-C924DB44BD80@microsoft.com... > There are some dialog to select a folder path similar to CFileDialog. > > With CFileDialog we can select a file. But I want select a folder. SHBrowseForFolder? Seriously tedious to use mind. -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk Have a look here: http://www.codeguru.com/...

Spam Inspector problems with Outlook
The situation with Spam Inspector does not appear good. I like it, but since acquisition by MS recently, support options have disappeared from their web site. Emails go unanswered. MS site has no news. It's a good product but appears headed for oblivion. 1. After selecting several messages and clicking "Is Spam", my system takes minutes to accomplish the task. I've tried all the options I can determine might have an effect, such as not reporting learned spammers. 2. At times SInspector.exe starts to leak memory. After start up, task manager shows it with 37mb. Some u...

Database size problems
Hi all, I'm running Ex2K wiht SP3 on a W2k with SP3 server. My mailbox store as reached maximum allowed size and i need to perform an offline defragmentation. the prolem is that i can't access the mailbox, it stops before i can umount it. The error is "Operation terminated with error -2231 (JET_errSLVStreamingFileInUse, The specified streaming file is currently in use) after 2.31 seconds." i reinstalled Ex2KSP3, but the problem remains. What can i do to fix this? Thank you all very much, Filipa Gaudêncio "The specified streaming file is currently in use&qu...

PropertyPage problem
Hello, I am working on wizard application using classes derived from CPropertySheet and CPropertyPage. Initially I will create a property sheet and add pages to that sheet. (WizardSheet is derived from CPropertySheet) WizardSheet* ptrWizardSheet = NULL; ptrWizardSheet = new WizardSheet (); (WizardPage is derived from CPropertyPage) WizardPage* page1 = new WizardPage(); WizardPage* page2 = new WizardPage(); ptrWizardSheet.AddPage(page1); ptrWizardSheet.AddPage(page2); Using the above page's HWND, I want to add a different dialog with it's own controls on it. I must ...

Problems using accounts in a different currency from the base curr
I´m actually using MNY 17.0.120.1415 version, and one Bank account in a different currency from my base currency Euro. This account is in JPY, others inside Portfolio Manager are in USD or GBP. With the Portfolio Manager I haven't got any problems, each 15 minutes my accounts are updated. But with my bank JPY account isn't updated at anytime. I cheked the Currency Options at Program Options menu, making click in "Update Currencies" buttom. All those currencies was selected with "Update exchange rate online" What can I do? I forgot update now buttom in ...

Saving with password problem
I have tried saving an xls sheet under a different name using a password to stop others from changing the contents but I can't seem to get it to work. I go to "File", "Save as", and then click on "Tools" on the "Save As" dialogue box that comes up. I choose "General Options" and enter a new password in "Password to Modify" (I also put a tick in the "Read only recommended" box. I click okay and another box comes up wanting me to re-enter my password, which I do and click okay. I then save the sheet. Later I load ...

Money 2000 Invoice printing problem
I have a problem with the characters in invoices all printing upside down. The characters are all laid out in the correct place but the characters are flipped upside down. Report printing is all ok. I have tried reinstalling Money and also doing a Restore in XP back to before the problem occurred but no improvement. Any suggestions would be welcome Thanks Graham ...

.DEF FIle Problem
i have many functions with the same name but different parameters in my extension dll. how can i specify those functions in a .DEF File, i mean how to differentiate. thanks for the help <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076501c3bed6$8af64520$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have many functions with the same name but different > parameters in my extension dll. how can i specify those > functions in a .DEF File, i mean how to differentiate. > > thanks for the help > I am not sure why you need this DEF file as you know the reasons already. The only gu...

Tab Control Problem
I'm just wondering how I can add controls to tab control pages that are bound to fields from different tables. I have 3 tables (road, track and gym) with similar named fields and I want to create a tab page for each table. Unfortunately, my tab control form only allows me to view and set controls for one table. So even though I might have a control bound to a field from table 'road', the information i enter goes to the table 'track' because that is the default table for the tab control form. My manual says I should be able to send and view info from different tables using ...

Excel using UNC
Hi, Can anyone help? I have an excel worksheet that contains hyperlinks point to network drive (H drive) Recently, i noticed excel using UNC ( \\my_pc\shared\ ) instead of network drive. Is there a way we can change this behaviour to use network drive instead of UNC? Thanks, Tan ...

Problem copying data to a test environement
Hi, I'm trying to create a new test environment from our Production environment. I've used the User export wizard and the redeployment tools But every user in the database still references the old domain user (in the DOMAINName of the systemUserBase table) Is this normal? I tought that by creating a child domain of my domain, the wizard would use my sub-domain wizard. Now some part look to be working but as soon as I try to open a record (account, contact, use, etc) or create a new one, I get the "An error has occured, consult your domain admin..." message... In the ev...

Page Break Problem
One user has problems viewing and printing Excel worksheets. Each cell becomes a page in the workbook. When I do a page break preview it shows each cell as a page. The same file opens without trouble on other PC's. Everybody is using Office 2000 Pro. I removed Office and reinstalled but the problem is still there. Ran a virus scan and that came up empty. Hi I would suggest checking the printer driver on the PC. As far as I know, going to Print Preview, or Print, uses the printer driver software, so I'd try that first. Make sure it's the right one and it's the latest dr...

Outlook New Session VB Problem
Outlook 2000 I want to be able to logon to Outlook using a specified profile name and perform various actions such as send mail. My problem is that the code below only works if Outlook is not already open. If Outlook is open then although the code runs with no error, I am actually logged on as the existing Outlook session and not the session I logon through my code as. Indeed, the user has to logoff with File/Exit and Log off, and not just close Outlook for the code to work as expected. Is there any way I can logon as another profile if Outlook is already open? Note - I believe from some s...

"Illegal characters in path" with XmlReader of .Net 1.1
I only found one post on Google where someone mentions the same problem with a DataSet: XmlDataReader in .Net 1.1 can not read XML files from a path which contains "%10" or "%3f". code to reproduce: string filename = "%10.xml"; //XML file with this name is existing XmlReader reader = new XmlTextReader(filename); reader.Read(); this will throw an System.ArgumentException: "Illegal characters in path." at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path) at System.IO.Path.GetFileName(String path) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path,...

Signature block format problem
I have created a signature block (in HTML message format) which works well when I compose an email. The problem occurs when replying to an email. When I reply to an email, the sig block is distorted. For instance extra lines are added and the blue huperlinks dissapear which requires me to edit the sig block everytime I reply. A couple of times when I replied the sig block was not distorted and I believe this had to do with the message format I received (HTML?). Anybody know a solution to this frustrating problem? Thanks! Create your signature block using Outlook Rich Text as the mess...

Publisher 2002 Mail Merge Problems
Hi! I posted an inquiry on 2/21/04 regarding problems I'm having doing a mail merge in Publisher 2002 (using W98SE). I read a post that said I may need to intall MDAC file from MS...I did so and restarted my PC, but Publisher still freezes after opening the source file (in this case an Access database)and doesn't allow me to go to the next step. Any other advise? I may end up just printing labels and affixing them to the postcards I'm trying to mail merge information into...your help is appreciated! Use a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file. That will work. In Excel you g...

How do get a path name from a cell?
Greetings, I have a macro that needs a file (from an inactive workbook) calle �data123.xls�; but my users move this file pretty much where ever the want on their PC. Is there a way to have the user fill out cell A1 (Sheet1) with the pat name (e.g. �C:\My Documents\ACME�) and have the macro search for the xl file according to the cell patch name given by the user? Appreciate any hel -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

inbox problems #2
My inbox says I have 3 new messages. I don't.. Its lying. So how do I correct this.. Its not a major problem but distracting. Computers are supposed to be always right.... As a sidelight to this. I deleted the Unread messages, thingy in the favorite folder place. I thought I would bring that back and see if there were some messages that were bad. I read the help file and it says to just click on any file you want to add to the favorite folder. But its gone.. totally and completely there is no Unread Message line to click on.. What's a person to do? See my reply to your late...

I hate paths
I have prepared a spreadsheet that has a macro(recorded) in it that when invoked, opens another excel file. Here is that code: Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\Ross D\My Documents\AURORA\jimspreada1.xls" I plan to distribute these sheets to various other employees at my agency for their use. Both files will always be in the same directory -- however, a different directory on each person's machine. How do I change the above code to open that file in the current directoy, whatever that directory might be? Ross You can use Thisworkbook.Path Ross...

TransferSpreadsheet problem
I am using the command DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet to transfer data from a named range in Excel to an Access table. This works ok for importing from one Excel file but not from another which gives the following error message: "The Microsoft Jet Engine could not find the object "NamedRange". Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and path correctly." I have searched the news groups to understand what may cause the problem. The explanations are: 1. The range name is too long - I have tested and this is not the case 2. The file is corrupted - I doubt this is th...