unavailable / faded grey buttons

I've had MC Outlook 2003 for 2 weeks. All working fine until today.
The following buttons are faded and not accessible
New Mail Message; reply; reply all; forward.
Plus I cannot access Toolbar (within View) or Customise (within Tools) either.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
0
fistral (6)

Do you have an active email account?
If you do then try deleting  outcmd.dat.dat and restart outlook.

--
Bill Rodgers MVP
"fistral" <fistral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've had MC Outlook 2003 for 2 weeks. All working fine until today.
> The following buttons are faded and not accessible
> New Mail Message; reply; reply all; forward.
> Plus I cannot access Toolbar (within View) or Customise (within Tools)
> either.
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
BillR9171 (440)
11/1/2005 12:56:19 PM
did you ever activate it? it normally needs activated after 50 uses. Look on
the Help menu for the link to activation.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"fistral" <fistral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've had MC Outlook 2003 for 2 weeks. All working fine until today.
> The following buttons are faded and not accessible
> New Mail Message; reply; reply all; forward.
> Plus I cannot access Toolbar (within View) or Customise (within Tools)
> either.
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/1/2005 1:13:46 PM
Thanks for getting back Diane

I've tried clicking on Activate, but it doesn't do anything. Is there
another way to by pass this and activate it another way?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> did you ever activate it? it normally needs activated after 50 uses. Look on
> the Help menu for the link to activation.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "fistral" <fistral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've had MC Outlook 2003 for 2 weeks. All working fine until today.
> > The following buttons are faded and not accessible
> > New Mail Message; reply; reply all; forward.
> > Plus I cannot access Toolbar (within View) or Customise (within Tools)
> > either.
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

0
fistral (6)
11/1/2005 2:52:05 PM
Do you have just outlook or the office suite? Normally it pops up a dialog
to remind you when you use any office app and you can activate it from any
of the programs in the suite.

You'll need your cd key...  the steps here will force you to reenter it and
that *should* also force a reactivation. Deleting the dat file (locate it
using instructions linked on that page) may be necessary too.

When you activate it, you can save the activation should you ever need to
reformat.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Thanks for getting back Diane
>
> I've tried clicking on Activate, but it doesn't do anything. Is there
> another way to by pass this and activate it another way?
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> did you ever activate it? it normally needs activated after 50 uses. Look
>> on
>> the Help menu for the link to activation.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "fistral" <fistral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've had MC Outlook 2003 for 2 weeks. All working fine until today.
>> > The following buttons are faded and not accessible
>> > New Mail Message; reply; reply all; forward.
>> > Plus I cannot access Toolbar (within View) or Customise (within Tools)
>> > either.
>> > Can anyone help?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/1/2005 2:59:50 PM
That's the problem, it's not asking for any activation. I've tried in all the
Office 2003 software and it does nothing when i try to activate it. Assuming
it's already activated as it's OEM software...where do i go now? I have never
asked for an activation or cd code/key. It's a trial version (teacher and
student) but should be active for 60 days. I've had it about 2 weeks.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you have just outlook or the office suite? Normally it pops up a dialog
> to remind you when you use any office app and you can activate it from any
> of the programs in the suite.
>
> You'll need your cd key...  the steps here will force you to reenter it and
> that *should* also force a reactivation. Deleting the dat file (locate it
> using instructions linked on that page) may be necessary too.
>
> When you activate it, you can save the activation should you ever need to
> reformat.
0
fistral (6)
11/1/2005 3:14:06 PM
it should be good for 60 days -but AFAIK, you do need to activate it. I'll
see what I can find out.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> That's the problem, it's not asking for any activation. I've tried in all
> the
> Office 2003 software and it does nothing when i try to activate it.
> Assuming
> it's already activated as it's OEM software...where do i go now? I have
> never
> asked for an activation or cd code/key. It's a trial version (teacher and
> student) but should be active for 60 days. I've had it about 2 weeks.
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Do you have just outlook or the office suite? Normally it pops up a
>> dialog
>> to remind you when you use any office app and you can activate it from
>> any
>> of the programs in the suite.
>>
>> You'll need your cd key...  the steps here will force you to reenter it
>> and
>> that *should* also force a reactivation. Deleting the dat file (locate it
>> using instructions linked on that page) may be necessary too.
>>
>> When you activate it, you can save the activation should you ever need to
>> reformat.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/1/2005 4:18:07 PM
thanks. will look forward to some answers. It's totally baffled me.

Unless I've open Office 50 times, and it's locked me out before activation?
But it's never asked for me to activate anything...hence I didn't!
0
fistral (6)
11/1/2005 4:32:06 PM
From MS:

"Trial products are never usable until License Activation is completed.  Yet
he suggests that it was usable at some point.  Is it possible that he has
multiple Office 2003 products installed with conflicting licensing states?

At any rate, he can reset the client License Activation by deleting the
OPA11.DAT file.  Then he should be able to Activate the license.  That file
is located in the 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA' path."

I would rename it, not delete it, and see if that fixes it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> thanks. will look forward to some answers. It's totally baffled me.
>
> Unless I've open Office 50 times, and it's locked me out before
> activation?
> But it's never asked for me to activate anything...hence I didn't!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/9/2005 3:15:26 AM
thank you very much!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> From MS:
>
> "Trial products are never usable until License Activation is completed.  Yet
> he suggests that it was usable at some point.  Is it possible that he has
> multiple Office 2003 products installed with conflicting licensing states?
>
> At any rate, he can reset the client License Activation by deleting the
> OPA11.DAT file.  Then he should be able to Activate the license.  That file
> is located in the 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA' path."
>

> I would rename it, not delete it, and see if that fixes it.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "fistral" <fistral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks. will look forward to some answers. It's totally baffled me.
> >
> > Unless I've open Office 50 times, and it's locked me out before
> > activation?
> > But it's never asked for me to activate anything...hence I didn't!

0
fistral (6)

How to make toolbar buttons of different sizes (URGENT)
Hi I am making an IE Toolbar using ATL,COM and WTL without using MFC.Here I have created the toolbar in resource.I want to get different sizes for different buttons on this toolbar.But in resource if I change the size of one toolbar button,then it goes for all button.I am really confused about how to do that.Plz help me with sample codes as early as possible because deadline is coming for my project. <rindam2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182419149.813707.239180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I am making an IE Toolbar using ATL,COM and WTL without using > M...

Email Button
I have added an email button to a form 'Chill intake', which looks at the field 'Haulier' and then looks up the email address for the haulier in a table called 'Hauliers'. On click the button should open a blank email with the hauliers email address in the 'TO:' field. The form macro i'm using is =(DLookUp("[Email Address]","Hauliers","ID=" & ([Haulier],0))) However when i click on the button it causes an issue that closes Access down. Any Ideas? Charno - I think the ,0 after [Haulier] is a problem. I re...

Account setup unavailable. Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Money's critical banking update is not working. I can not get help from Microsoft support, Money support or even a response from the "experts" in this newsgroup. Now, I can not even make electronic payment through Money/MSN Bill Pay. I explicitly follow Money's "critical banking update" instructions only to get a response for the past three days "Account setup unavailable. Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" error message. Looks like I'll try a company that gives a crap about it's customers. See this support mes...

Multiple mouse clicks when deleting emails and only pressing left mouse button
I have changed the mouse and slowed down the 8 bit buss access speed on the motherboard, and when I delete the excess emails uning the left mouse button, sometimes, most of the time, two or more emails will disappear when the left mouse button has only been pressed once. Very bad, Please help to resolve this issue. ...

greyed out auto text
Created custom toolbar in Word with menu, autotext and email button as directed in "Quick sales letters for e-mail" demo video, but when I click email button, new email message appears in Outlook but auto text choices are greyed out???? Any ideas?? ...

Password protect send button
Work in an environment similar to the CarreerBuilder commercial with the monkeys. Everyone thinks it's sooooooooooooooooooo funny to send Outlook emails from my computer when I'm not at my computer. Is there a way to in VBA to require a password before emails are sent ? Why can't you lock your PC when you're away from it? That's what I would advise. Leaving it unlocked invites just such activity as you've described and rightly so. You are ultimately responsible for all emails sent and received at work, if you leave Outlook unsecured how is it you would prove tha...

Hide the 'save' and 'save and close' buttons
Hi, I keep users from saving an entity using the event.returnValue = false; along with an alert in the onsave event. However, I consider it is a bit stupid to let these buttons available only to tell the user he can't save. I would thus like to hide them, and to have the alert displayed only when ctrl+s is pressed. Thanks You should be able to add some javascript to the form's onLoad event: _MBcrmFormSaveAndClose.style.visibility = "hidden" _MBcrmFormSave.style.visibility = "hidden" Be careful though, this is completely unsupported customisation, and may we...

Services Unavailable
I had to uninstall IE6 and in doing so, when I tried to use Outlook98 got the following message "Internet email service is not installae properly. Please re-install Outlook and specify the Corporate o Workgroup E-mail Service". Then, if you tried, to go to tools services, and properties for an email service, all you would get woul be a window stating "This action could not be completed. This actio could not be completed.". I then tried uninstalling Outlook throug Add & Remove Programs and then install Outlook through Add & Remov Programs. During the installat...

Cannot "X" out of Excel
One of my end users is having a problem with Excel. When he opens the program he can work with any files and close the files within the software, but if he trys to "X" out of the program at the upper right hand corner, that "X" is greyed out. This happens with every worksheet he opens. He can however hit "file" - "exit" and get out of the program, but why is that "X" at the top greyed out? Fix? He told me that he always enables macros when it asks him, could this be a macros deal? Thanks! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

Group buttons from the forms toolbar
How do you group buttons??? TIA Greg Put the buttons that should be grouped into a groupbox (also on that Forms toolbar). Make sure you get each of them within the correct box. GregR wrote: > > How do you group buttons??? TIA > > Greg -- Dave Peterson ...

Option Buttons on a spreadsheet
Is there a limit to the number of option buttons I can insert into a group. If I am using the cell link and then creating an IF formula based on the result does this have an impact? Thank you in advance. Kind regards Ann, Dublin, Ireland There may be but, if so, it would be a large number that none of us have run into. I'd guess that you would achieve an ungainly and awkward interface well before you hit any limit. -- Jim "Ann Shaw" <anncshaw@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:047e01c54b29$7d2fe3c0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a limit to the number of opti...

Office Picture Manager e-mail option greyed out
Hello, Using the Office Picture Manager, I select a picture, then select e-mail pictures. Within this pop up on the right hand side, i am supposed to be able to Attach, Display as previewed, and then create message. Only thing is all of the selections are grayed out and nothing can be selected. Questions are, Is Picture Manager hard coded to use Outlook or Outlook Express only? Are there any registry settings which might be massaged to point to another e-mail program? Thanks ...

farm is unavailable
I am attempting to do a catatrophic restore at the command line. I am using the command stsadm -o restore -directory xxx -restoremethod overwrite I am prompted to okay the overwrite, then I get an error - the farm is unavailable. the account I am using a the command prompt has access to the sql database. This is a one server farm -- Cheers, Have you built a new farm first. You need to create a new farm and then run the restore. Your backed up config database will be merged into the new one. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. ...

Button Name change
Hi All, Hopefully there is an easy way to do this..... I want the text on my macro button to change if the *-Sheet-* name changes. Is this possible? At the moment this is my vba code ActiveSheet.Shapes("Button 415").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "Shot 2" With Selection.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=7).Font Name = "Arial" FontStyle = "Bold" Size = 10 Strikethrough = False Superscript = False Subscript = False OutlineFont = False Shadow = False Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone ColorIndex = 1 Thanx heaps in advance San -- rhani111 --------------...

Button on Form
I have created a button on a form meant to preview a report (used button wizard to specify function and report name). The button seems to be ok, but when I go to use it I get the following: "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Ambiguous name detected: Directory_Click" The report seems fine. Why is this happening. I have successfully done this before. Thanks! On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:08:01 -0700, citloner <citloner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a button on a form meant to preview a repo...

Channel Greyed out in Marketing Activities
Has anyone ever seen a problem whereby the Channel field is readonly on marketing activities? The field is not set to read only and no scripts exist. This occurs for all users, including sys admin. Jo Savidge ...

Record Unavailable Offline
Hi All, I am successfully synchronizing and going offline in CRM Outlook Client. Once there, a number of Contact records show the Parent Account as [Record Unavailable]. Some of these are inactive accounts, which are not being synched, but the others I can't find an explanation. Has anyone seen this and/or have suggestions for me on how to resolve? Thank you! -- DDT I am having the same issue. Is there a resolution? Thanks. "DDT" wrote: > Hi All, > I am successfully synchronizing and going offline in CRM Outlook Client. > Once there, a number of Contact record...

Message unavailable
Why do I get message unavailable on my repy to a posted query on this site Brian, I think the servers on the Microsoft CDO interface are having problems as many people have said the same thing. If you are using Outlook Express or another newsreader, the messages are all there, but according to CDO, most are not there. So hopefully they will come back soon. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1476e01c3f8a6$64f31e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Why do I get message unavai...

Removing / Disabling export to excel button
Has anyone managed to remove or disable the button to export to excel that appears on the default grid view in Microsoft CRM. Ive read posts from people asking the question, but no solutions.. Thanks, Ross I think that the MSCRM SDK downloadable from the MSDN site will allow you to do anything you like to the system as long as you create new pages and not modify the pages that come with the MSCRM System. So basically you can make it look like anything and remove buttons as well. But not sure about how far you can take the customization. If you do modify the existing pages, your...

News button is missing from customize toolbars
I tried to add the News button to allow the newsgroup reader function. It was there at first. I followed the instruction that said it was hidden, and I had to move it from the Customize Toolbar menu. I went under the Go section, and found News. I moved it to the Go section of my file menu, and it was there. I opened the newsgroup reader, and started to create a usenet account. I was missing some info for my account, so I canceled out and closed the newsgroup reader and Outlook. Now when I open Outlook, the News button that I put under the Go File menu is gone, and it isn't...

Active Directory Domain Service Unavailable. What does this mean?
I am using Windows 7 on a brand new Sony Vaio laptop. I am trying to print with my Dell V305 bluetooth enabled printer. Bought bluetooth "adapter" which plugs into USB port since laptop was not bluetooth enabled. When I click on "Find Printer" it gives me an error message saying, "Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable". I'm not sure what this means or what to do about it. All I really want to do is find the printer. Can someone help? Are you printing from Word? Word must see a locally installed, compatible printer driver set as the...

Regarding button not working in Outlook Client
I have a sales rep that can track emails just fine, but 95% of the time, he cannot choose a Regarding object for the email. He then has to open the email in CRM and choose the Regarding there. I have re-installed his outlook client, but the problem still exists. We though we saw a common thread. It looks like messages sent to email addresses that match a CRM account or contact are the ones with the issues. Additional info: this rep opens his Sent Items and promotes from there. He does not want the CRM:XXXXXXXX tag on his outgoing email subjects. The email tracks to the account just fine...

Exchange is unavailable
Ive just downloaded Office 2007 and when I try to open Outlook it says Exchange is unavailable. Can I use Outlook without having exchange. Im operating from a home computer. Is there anything i can do jbama wrote: > Ive just downloaded Office 2007 and when I try to open Outlook it says > Exchange is unavailable. Can I use Outlook without having exchange. Im > operating from a home computer. > > Is there anything i can do Go into the Mail applet in Control Panel and delete the Exchange account. Then load Outlook and define the e-mail accounts you want. ...

VBA
Hi there, I have created a user form in vba that someone would fill in variou text boxes. What i now want is the info to be summarised in excel. The userform is held in sheet 1, so the idea is the user would inpu the information in the text boxes and then click the command button an the text boxes information would be copied to indiviual cells i. textbox1 to a1 on sheet 1. I have tried by running a macro in excel to see the vb code but tha does not work for a vba form. If anyone needs the file let me know and i will attach it :cool -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Add ...

docking buttons
I am looking for a way to dock a button to a particular cell. I am also wondering if anyone knows how to Like a cell to a button. Anyideas would help. Buttons essentially float on a layer above the worksheet. But you can put the button completely within the cell and then rightclick on it and choose Format Control|Properties tab and choose to move and size with cells. (Did you mean commandbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar or buttons from the Forms toolbar--or optionbuttons form either of those toolbars???) hockystr20@yahoo.com wrote: > > I am looking for a way to dock a butt...