Unattended Machine

Does Outlook 2002 have an option to password protect unattende
machines

No. You will need to use a password protected screensaver.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Chrisp <Chrisp.xma8m@outlookforum.com> asked:
| Does Outlook 2002 have an option to password protect unattended
| machines?
|

| ------------------------------------------------
| ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
| ~~View and post usenet messages directly from
| http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
MillyS4407 (663)

InvokeHelper fails in other machine
Hi.. I am new in this group and will be thakfull u can give me a hand...well i have a ATL Service Windows..inside i have 5 threads...interacting with a fox dll... I use just 3 functions of this dll, and the interesting deal is that when i am in compile/debug mode in any PC, the functions work very well..but when i build the debug , release, or releasemindependency EXE and install it in any PC, second function throws an exception.. here i send the critical piece of code : COleDispatchDriver m_objVFP; COleException *e =3D new COleException; static BYTE parms1[] =3D VTS_BSTR; static BYTE par...

Ghost in the machine?
I have Outlook 2002. My hard drive crashed last week, we trashed it and added a new one. I had to import an old address book into Outlook express on our computer, and then import from there to Outlook 2002. the problem is I have a group contact list I send to, and there seems to be a ghost in the machine..we cannot find this email address anywhere on my computer, yet the group continues to try to send to this now-defunct email address. Is there a way to search out email addresses and delte them? The normal select recipients/add/delete obviously won't work because we cannot locate...

Newbie, ODBC, CRecordSet not adding new record on ONE WinXP Build 520 machine, however works on other machines, and ExecuteSQL always works
Hi, I have a very puzzling problem, and am hoping someone can help. I have a VC7.1++ VS2003, program which uses ODBC to connect to a SQLAnywhere 6.0 database. This program has been working without fail for many years, however the problem that I am now running into is that on one WinXP machine the CRecordset is not adding a new record, the really odd thing is that if I first add one record to the table using the ExecuteSQL( insert into... ), which always seems to work, then the recordset addnew seems to work moving forward. I've included a code sniplet below, any help would b...

Unattended Machine
Does Outlook 2002 have an option to password protect unattende machines ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com No. You will need to use a password protected screensaver. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Chrisp <Chrisp.xma8m@outlookforum.com> asked: | Does Outlook 2002 have an option to password protect unattended | machines? | | | ------...

Copy files from one machine to another
Dear all, In one of my application I have to copy an file from one remote machine to my machine as we are doing through explorer... but it would be in backend process means there si no UI for these... just i have to tell machine name and file name and copy it to my machine... Is there any API available for it... can anyone guide me on this.... Plz , it is an aurgent req. regards, pardeep kadian Are you looking for something like CopyFile() ? -- Bjarne Nielsen "Pardeep" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:069901c3c88f$e5e22ef0$a501280a@phx.g...

Can I run Office XP and Office 2003 on the same machine?
I need to test the viability of upgrading our workstations from Office XP (2002) to Office 2003. It would be great if I could run both on the same machine and test the interoperability of documents and spreadsheets created by each version. My reseller tells me this is not possible, however. I'm not sure if I should believe him. I've been able to get my machine to do other tricks he has said were impossible. So I thought I'd ask you folks. Basically I'm asking if I can install and run both programs on one PC, running Windows XP Pro. Or will Office 2003 de-install or overw...

Seeking advice on Vista machine purchase
I realize this is not exactly on topic, but I am coding in MFC... I am faced with needing to know that my app "works on Vista." It has been developed on a machine (running XP) that is not really capable of running Vista. Although I could probably find a way to test it on someone else's computer, I am going to need a new computer now anyway for future work. I'm looking for advice on what a minimal system for developing and testing an app that uses Open GL (which may be another issue) would consist of. I guess video card would be one question. RAM, I assume a minimum of 2 gi...

Exchange Migration To New HardWare with While Keeping Sama Machine
I have been trying to Migrate an Exchange 2000 Server to a New Box Whilst keeping the name of the OLD BOX which is really in need of disk space. 1st attempt I followed the procedures in a microosft technet document but ran into problems when i reset the machine account for the exchange box,After ressetting the account the machine was unable to log back unto the network.Solved the issue and reverted back to oldbox. 2cnd attempt i renamed the old box and named the newbox the name of the old box,installed exchange in disaster recovery mode but upon loading service packs and rebooting the ...

Scheduling unattended jobs on workstation
Hi Is XP's own Task Scheduler robust and reliable enough to run custom jobs (both 32-bit and 16-bit apps or batch files calling them)? Would I be better off with a 3rd-party product? If so, which one? This will be used on a workstation that has a user logged in and running unattended 24x7. TIA, Eugene Eugene F. wrote: > Hi > > Is XP's own Task Scheduler robust and reliable enough to run custom > jobs (both 32-bit and 16-bit apps or batch files calling them)? I think so! > Would I be better off with a 3rd-party product? If so, which one? M...

Drop down list not showing on one machine
I have a problem with a drop down list. The database is located on a server and each machine has the program loaded locally. All machines but one work fine when the user selects a simple drop down list, the one machine only shows a blank list when the user selects the list. I've looked at the references and everything seems fine there. I've tried reloading the program but still will not show anything in the list, I've tried changing the font thinking that maybe it was to large or small, tried opening the list box but nothing. All other users don't have this problem...

OWA using mix of machine name/FQDN, screwing things up with HTTPS
Hello, We have one particular customer whose SBS 2003 box is giving me some heartburn when it comes to setting up OWA. I've set it up for HTTPS only, and setup permissions the exact same as our other many working OWA systems. Here's what happens when I try and hit the "broken" one: When I go to: https://server.domain.com/exchange, I get prompted for a username and password, which works properly. After login, I get a warning that the page contains a mix of both secure and non secure items. If I don't display the non secure items, I see the two "panes"...

unattended installation
I can't find a white paper on doing an unattended installation for Outlook 2003. I have 75 users to roll out and would like to use an answer file if possible. any tips appreciated. Rob Use the Office Resource Kit - a free download from http://office.microsoft.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rob asked: | I can't find a white paper on d...

OWA on second machine
Hi Administrators, i have just installed a second exchange 2003 machine that will replace my old machine. Both machines have typical installation, server 1 old machine is specified in the firewall to recieve mail. I just moved 1 test user and admin account to server 2 the new server and the only thing not working so far is OWA from the outside for these 2 users. I am getting page can not be displayed. Inside office I get transfered to server 2's formbased login. No front end server configured. Anyone have an idea what to do? regards Magnus "Magnus" <Magnus@discussi...

IP of machines connected to me.
Hi All, Is there a way of listing the IP address of machines connected to mine? I was looking at "gethostname" and "gethostbyname" but they only return info about where my machine is connected to. How can I get info on machines connected to me. Many thanks in advance. Simon > > Many thanks in advance. > > Simon TCPView could be a good start. http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml The source is available there too. Best wishes JB ...

cant telnet to exchange port 25 from exchange machine ?
Simply im trying to connect to 25 using "telnet 192.168.0.10 25" from cmd prompt on the actual exchange server (also tried from one other server). - simple mail transfer protocol is running - smtp virtual server is listening on 35 - portreporter shows TCP, 11956, 192.168.0.10,25, 217.37.99.99,7848, inetinfo.exe - no other port 25 shown in port reporter (ie "SMTP" not shown in log file) - all outlook clients point to exchange server (192.168.0.10) so must be using it for smtp. 1. I cant find SMTP on the list (does inetinfo.exe cover SMTP as its all within IIS ?) I kno...

Unattended ISINTEG
Is it possible to run ISINTEG unattended? I found a way to dismount and mount stores from command line which means I can schedule it for off-hours, but it's not much use if I can't run ISINTEG after the dismount. Thanks, Peter. You should be able to run ISINTEG from a batch file. Nue "PL" <plecki2@eagency.com> wrote in message news:th7l525j5a1rlehlqujh3naea7ljcfu05k@4ax.com... > Is it possible to run ISINTEG unattended? I found a way to dismount > and mount stores from command line which means I can schedule it for > off-hours, but it's not much use i...

RWW only works with my machine
I have a very strange thing happening with RWW on a network where I just successfully installed a godaddy cert. After installing the cert last night I have been able to RWW into the network with no issues. Then I receive a phone call from the company saying that they still cannot access RWW. I tried it again from my network on different computers and can access it just fine. I thought they were doing something wrong until I went to another customers and tried it from there and sure enough no access! Any ideas? Need some more information What Error(s) are you getting s...

Unattended Outlook Client Setup
Good Morning, I had a question regarding Outlook XP 2002 working in an Exchange 2000 SP3 environment. I was looking for a way to automate users email setup to point to our exchange server. This would allow users logging in to create their profile for the first time, which would include all information needed for their MSOutlook profile. This way it is basically a painless interaction for them to click on the outlook icon and initiate setup or by whatever means feasible. I could not find an administrative template for Exchange to use in Group policy . Thank you for your time and ef...

getting machine name
What is the easiest way to fetch the name of the PC or laptop an application is running on? Regards, - Rob On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:40:02 -0800, "Rob C" <RobC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the easiest way to fetch the name of the PC or laptop an application >is running on? > You might try GetComputerName() ...

Follow up for Machine Temperature Sensing (e.g. inside rugged & industrial computers or controllers)
I did attach a few References - TWO ZIPpacks (PDF's inside of both), 7MB total. But of general nature and not a direct help to TI people or yourself since our tasks are fundamentally different, so it's more of a hint than help. Your task is extremely narrow range (+34 to +44*C), mine is -55 to +150*C (or higher). Your task is sensitive down to 0.05*C, mine does not require better than 1 or 2*C accuracy. Your task does not involve Hysteresis, mine absolutely requires it (to avoid "chattering" when temperature is fluctuating near trip point, when by design I shut do...

Unattended installation question
I'm trying to setup an unattended installation of SQL 2008 Express Edition. I want the local administrator of the box to have sysadmin access. How would I put that in the configuration file? Since the Machine name is different depending on the name of the box that I install it on, it can't be hardcoded into the .ini file. I need to use some kind of variable. I tried logging in as .\administrator but that didn't work. Any Ideas? Thanks! ...

OLMAP32.DLL Error after upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007 on XP/SP3 machine
Two days ago I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 Enterprise on a laptop running XP/SP3. Everything I've tried in the office suite seems to work well except Outlook. Even after applying Office SP1, whenever I try to start Outlook I get a tiny error box that simply says error, OLMAPI32.DLL. I have spent more time than I would like to admit Googling the problem but have found no solution that works for me although I've tried various solutions that appear in multiple discussions of the problem=97up to and including experimenting with removing all registry references to OLMAPI32.D...

unattended mail sending
How, if possible, does one write a console (command prompt) script to send e-mail with an attachment using software that ships with Windows XP Pro only? BigMan wrote: > How, if possible, does one write a console (command prompt) script to > send e-mail with an attachment using software that ships with Windows > XP Pro only? I'd google for "Blat", if I were you. ...

Silent/Unattended installs
Does Great plains support this? If so, where would I find the docs on this? Specificly on the Client install piece. "Leroy Brown" wrote: > Does Great plains support this? If so, where would I find the docs on this? ...

Running A2003 and A2007 on same machine
I have Office 2003 and 2007 installed on a Win7 machine. WHen I start A2007 After using A2003, I get the Office Configuration screen which takes quite some time to run. Can I do something to prevent that? I have exercised option 1 (change registry) and 2 (Run as Admin) of the article: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html but no luck so far. Thanks, Lars The Office 2007 Service Packs can reduce the time to about 30-40 seconds. Other than Allen's advice, there's nothing else that can be done. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.access...