Unable to share folders via Exchange

Hi,
I am unable to share my Outlook folders via exchange.
I have:
Outlook 2003 SP1 connected to MS Exchange Server (2003) over RPC. I use
cached mode (.ost) rather than local .pst
Problem:
Only options available when 'Sharing...' selected are:
General; Home Page; AutoArchive; Synchronization
Permissions tab does not appear.
So far, I have:
1. Uninstalled MS Outlook
2. Reinstalled MS Outlook (unpatched) - permissions still not available
3. Repatched MS Outlook - permissions still not available

Sharing permissions are available for other MS Outlook 2003 SP1 users in our
office. If I add my account to another workstation, I can share my folders.

Any ideas?

in tools, options, other, advanced, addin manager, is Exchange extensions
and Exchange ext. property pages checked? If yes, uncheck, apply, and
recheck - otherwise add checks to them.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Financial Programmer" <financialprogrammerat@athotmail.com> wrote in
message news:newscache$2ovimi$xwh$1@elise.onthenet.com.au...
> Hi,
> I am unable to share my Outlook folders via exchange.
> I have:
> Outlook 2003 SP1 connected to MS Exchange Server (2003) over RPC. I use
> cached mode (.ost) rather than local .pst
> Problem:
> Only options available when 'Sharing...' selected are:
> General; Home Page; AutoArchive; Synchronization
> Permissions tab does not appear.
> So far, I have:
> 1. Uninstalled MS Outlook
> 2. Reinstalled MS Outlook (unpatched) - permissions still not available
> 3. Repatched MS Outlook - permissions still not available
>
> Sharing permissions are available for other MS Outlook 2003 SP1 users in
> our
> office. If I add my account to another workstation, I can share my
> folders.
>
> Any ideas?

0
msnews1660 (730)
9/9/2005 12:00:23 AM
Diane,
You are a champ! Fixed, with thanks.
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> in tools, options, other, advanced, addin manager, is Exchange extensions
> and Exchange ext. property pages checked? If yes, uncheck, apply, and
> recheck - otherwise add checks to them.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Financial Programmer" <financialprogrammerat@athotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:newscache$2ovimi$xwh$1@elise.onthenet.com.au...
>> Hi,
>> I am unable to share my Outlook folders via exchange.
>> I have:
>> Outlook 2003 SP1 connected to MS Exchange Server (2003) over RPC. I use
>> cached mode (.ost) rather than local .pst
>> Problem:
>> Only options available when 'Sharing...' selected are:
>> General; Home Page; AutoArchive; Synchronization
>> Permissions tab does not appear.
>> So far, I have:
>> 1. Uninstalled MS Outlook
>> 2. Reinstalled MS Outlook (unpatched) - permissions still not available
>> 3. Repatched MS Outlook - permissions still not available
>>
>> Sharing permissions are available for other MS Outlook 2003 SP1 users in
>> our
>> office. If I add my account to another workstation, I can share my
>> folders.
>>
>> Any ideas?

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

Unable to open calendar

Search Folders #3
Hi I have created a search folder that displays all email that I receive from a specific domain e.g. customer1.co.uk and this works well. I would like to add to this search folder any emails from suppliers that are relevant to this customer so I also have a category named customer1 and I assign this to those messages. So now I want a search folder that displays any mail where the from field (not the display name field) contains customer1.co.uk or the category field contains customer1. Can anybody advise on how to do this ? Many thanks in advance Jon ...

How many virtual server Exchange supports?
In 4 nodes cluster environment, how many virtual server Exchange 2003 supports? From 329208.KB.EN-US - XADM: Exchange Virtual Server Limitations on Exchange 2000 Clusters and "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 enforce Active/Passive scenarios on Exchange clusters that have more than two nodes. This means that on a four-node Exchange 2000 cluster or a four-node Exchange 2003 cluster, only three Exchange virtual servers can be created, and only one Exchange virtual server can be hosted per node. " amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email ...

unable to scroll the page

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

Unable to conect

Personal Folders #2
Hi, I really need some help........... I made a personal folder and always put my emails in seperate sub-folders after I read them. We have to keep our inbox fairly small or the server statrts yelling at us. PROBLEM! My personal folder is now just over 2gig in size. Outlook 2000 won't let me access the file. It says there is an error and to use the inbox scan to fix it. I use SCANPST.EXE, but even it comes up with a error. Is there a 3rd party program that will let me access this file? Maybe I can go in and delete some things to get it below the 2gig limit. Please email m...

Can not remove Public Folder Store in Front End Server
Hello, When trying to delete a PF Store in a new FE server you get the error: "... Can't ...contains replicas ... move to another server ..." Selecting 'move all replicas' and waiting a day doesn't help. Dismounting the Store, and deleting the edb and stm files and remounting to delete doesn't work. No Mailbox Databases point to this PF Store, I changed the Mailbox Database PF 'affinity' to another BE Server. I've setup 5+ FE servers over the years, so not my first shot at this. But, it is the first time I've done it since SP2 was out...

ms crm startup sap document via .Net Connector
Has anyone used the SAP .Net Connector to show account details based on the sap customer id ? Any example or info is more than welcome ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Sharing Standalone Outlook 2003 with Notebook Briefcase
I have XP using Outlook 2003. How can I share Outlook pst file with my notebooks briefcase. hi, I was looking to solve same problem with my computers, one desktop and one laptop I wanted to share same outlook pst file between 2 computers, and yes it is possible there is a program called OsaSync http://www.vaita.com/index.asp at first I didn't think much of it, but I did try and it works with outlook , 2 computers sharing the same pst file constantly in sync automatically. I was so happy with the program so I did promise to the tech support that I will let people know about i...

How do I turn off the Junk Email filters completely in Exchange 20
I have frontend SPAM filters in place and I do not want to use the Outlook 2003 junk email filters. I used the AD to set the Junk Email filters to "No filtering", but I still have a lot of emails going to Junk Email folders ...

SendAs for "Exchange Domain Servers" and "Exchange Enterprise Servers" denied
Hi all, I'm having problems with SMTP with all my exchange servers (4) under the same organization. The Event IDs are 7010 and 7004. I look them up and they are caused by the impossibility to authenticate between servers. I've made focus on the article 843106 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee there, this paragraph call my attention: If Integrated Windows Authentication is enabled, but the events persist, the sending server in the 7004 event or in the 7010 event may lack or be denied the SendAs right on the receiving server. If the sen...

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

Public folder favorite disappears
Hi. We are using Outlook 2003 sp 3 and Exchange 2003 sp1. One of our users adds subfolders of a public folder to her public folder favorites, but after a short period (10minutes - 1 day) the folder disappears from her public folder favorite list. When she adds it again, the same thing happens. I am lost as to why this keeps happening. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help. J. Huber I have not encountered this, however, the public folder favorites are stored in the OST/PST file. Knowing this, I would guess that the problem lies in the synchronization of the pub...

office files on DFS share
Hello everyone, how does an office (excel) file behave if it is opened, edited ans saved on two different locations and then replicated to the central location through DFS? Is there any algorithm to ersolve conflicts? I could not find any whitepaper on this until now. Thank you. -- The sun is shining. ...

Question about antivirus for Exchange 2003
I currently use Mcafee groupshield for exchange 5.5 and while it does block infected attachments, it still sends the email message to the user which generates alot of complaints. I am ugrading to Exchange 2003 and this time I want to get something that is a little more flexible and can block not only the attachment, but the message too. I will look into the latest Mcafee solution, but wanted to hear about the experiences of others on this NG. Thanks NH Hi Ned, I'm using McAfee GroupShield for Exchange 2003. For your information, the software still behave exactly as you mentioned in...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...