Unable to send mail

When I click on an e-mail address, i.e sessert@verizon.com , I get an error
message, i.e. "The mail program was unable to send mail".

Also IE6 TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS does not show programs for
E-mail: and Newsgroups:, and I'm unable to enter the programs I'm using,
i.e. Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 6.

I'm running XP Home and all programs are upto date.

Any advice, please.

Steve

Steve Pine wrote:

> When I click on an e-mail address, i.e sessert@verizon.com , I get an
> error message, i.e. "The mail program was unable to send mail".
>
> Also IE6 TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS does not show programs for
> E-mail: and Newsgroups:, and I'm unable to enter the programs I'm
> using, i.e. Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 6.
>
> I'm running XP Home and all programs are upto date.
>
> Any advice, please.

Are you currently online? Check your settings with your isp. Have you
set up your mail account in OE? Post back with specifics for more help.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Steve

Steve Pine wrote:

> Currently online.  ISP settings all OK.  My mail account is setup in
> Outlook
> 2000, NOT Outlook Express 6.  The latter is setup for News Groups
> only.
>

> "Malke" <malke@thereisnospoon.com> wrote in message
>> Steve Pine wrote:
>>
>> > When I click on an e-mail address, i.e sessert@verizon.com , I get
>> > an error message, i.e. "The mail program was unable to send mail".
>> >
>> > Also IE6 TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, PROGRAMS does not show programs
>> > for E-mail: and Newsgroups:, and I'm unable to enter the programs
>> > I'm using, i.e. Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 6.

Can you send mail with any other programs? If yes, then there is
something corrupted in Outlook. If no, the problem is in Windows. Did
this ever work? What changed between the time it worked and the time it
didn't? Did you install something, a proxy server, new Internet
connection, new popup stopper? Have you scanned with a current
antivirus using updated definitions? If machine is clean, and it wasn't
that long ago that things worked, do a System Restore. You can see if
system files have changed by running sfc /scannow. Also, you can always
do a Repair Install but you should save that for last.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
0
malke (3)
7/26/2003 3:22:06 PM
I have no problems sending mail with Outlook 2000.  My machine is checked
weekly with latest updates from Norton Antivirus, SpyBot and Ad-aware.  I've
had these problems since I bought the unit, a Compaq 6300US, in 11/2002.  XP
was installed when purchased, therefore can't use SFC.  (Please don't
suggest contacting Compaq.)  Problems are a minor inconvenience, requiring
only a couple of additional key strokes/mouse clicks; so, I'll live with the
problem.

You seem to be the only one interested in my problem and I thank you for the
interest.  I will take the liberty of e-mailing you directly on any
significant problems.

Thanks,

> Steve Pine wrote:
>
> > Currently online.  ISP settings all OK.  My mail account is setup in
> > Outlook
> > 2000, NOT Outlook Express 6.  The latter is setup for News Groups
> > only.
> >

> > "Malke" <malke@thereisnospoon.com> wrote in message

> Can you send mail with any other programs? If yes, then there is
> something corrupted in Outlook. If no, the problem is in Windows. Did
> this ever work? What changed between the time it worked and the time it
> didn't? Did you install something, a proxy server, new Internet
> connection, new popup stopper? Have you scanned with a current
> antivirus using updated definitions? If machine is clean, and it wasn't
> that long ago that things worked, do a System Restore. You can see if
> system files have changed by running sfc /scannow. Also, you can always
> do a Repair Install but you should save that for last.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Error when tracking an e-mail if recipient is in CRM or Active Dir
We are experiencing a problem when a user attempts to send an e-mail with the Outlook client. If a recipient - To, BCC or CC - is a user in one of the CRM picklists (Contacts, Users, etc) an error is generated indicating that the user does not have sufficient privileges for the operation. If the recipient is NOT in one of the CRM lists, no error is generated and the email is attached to the account referenced in RE: . This is happening for the salesperson role, but not for the sales manager role, so obviously there is some privilege that I need to grant the salesperson role, but i ca...

mail flow count
Hi everybody, Are you guys aware of a tool that counts all the incoming/outgoing e-mails for an Exchange organization? It will probably count all the e-mails from the transition logs or from the Message Tracking logs. Thanks, Sorin The products usually recommended are Promodag Reports and Quest MessageStats, although if you want to do something for free, try LogParser (www.logparser.com) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "SorinD" <SorinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75FF3408-E4FA-4E...

Unable to open calendar

Mail Box Size #2
Hi All, I have a user with a 6 gig + mailbox. We are using Exchange 2003 (enterprise) and Outlook 2003. He is now experiancing problems with the program running like a slug. It doesn't appear to be locking up, just taking for ever to do everything. He claims it was fine until front page crashed, which took the computer down (needing a re-boot) and outlook hasnt' worked right since. So what I have done, is delete the profile and recreate, appear to work for me, but now is locked up again. The auto archive does not appear to removing items from the mailbox. Does anyone hav...

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

Sending Mail #2
I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , while allowing another set of users to send INTRANET mail only. Is there a way in which this can be done in Exchange 2000 srv.? see these: http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/36/180489.aspx http://tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=473226 "cozierj" <cozierj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F9D669-AC55-4A82-ADBA-C0A7C0817C42@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , > while allowing > another set of users ...

Annotating received mail
Outlook 2003: I've just signed up for yet another account at some webpage and they've sent me an email with all my details - except the password of course. If this were real paper mail, I'd write a clue to the password on it before filing it. Is there an equivalent for a received email? I'm quite happy storing such notes in relatively obscure places such as the "Summary" page in file properties, but I'm not getting very far looking for any such place associated with an individual mail item. -- Steve Swift http://www.ringers.org.uk (Personal Webpage)...

unable to scroll the page

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

disabled Send/receive button
Hi, Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook express. Did anyone already have such problem ? thx, Alain hey, check if you still have an account set up. the send/rec disappears when there are no pop accounts. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook >express. >Did anyone already have such problem ? > >thx, >Alain > > >. > ...

Unable to conect

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Outlook 2003 'New Mail Desktop Alert' Doesn't Work
I have this option enabled in Outlook 2003 Advanced E-mail Options, running on WinXP Pro SP1, yet I've never once seen the actual Alert appear (transparent message box) when e-mail is received. The Preview Alert works fine. I have NAV 2003 Standard running with the Office Plug-in enabled & scanning of incoming & outgoing mails, yet the problem persists even when I disable the NAV Auto-Protect. Is there a conflict between the Outlook Alert & NAV 2003, or is it something else? the alerts don't fire if something is at full screen. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...

mailing directly from publisher people reciveing see it incorrectl
I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I select send e.mail as attachment and when people recive this message it looks like it has 1 / 2 or even 3 parts to it and that they have not been put back together properly, the effect looks something like wallpaper and the pattern doesn't match - this makes for almost impossible reading - has any one else suffered this problem? Any ideas for a souloution Thanks iamsquid <iamsquid@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I &g...

How to Mail Merge from the Web Client
Can anyone please detail to me if and how you mail merge a doc from the web client ( using .Net code i guess) ? i know that mail merge is feasable only by the Outlook client; in the Web client, using GUI drop down menu there's only the Email merge. Anyway i would like to mail merge an excel file from the web client of the MS. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Gianluca You could write a .Net page that does Word automation to implement a web-based merge process. There are examples of doing this (not from CRM) on the web. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---...

Comcast IPS - I cannot send mail
Both my email account and my wife email account just stop working. Call my provider and the answer I got was we only support smartzone mail. So I logge onto Microsoft Discussion Groups and found the following solution. Try going to the Advanced tab of your accounts settings and change the Port number in use from 25 to 587. Also go the Sever tab and make sure the Authentication option is checked. -- dlburrell43 And what happened when you made those changes ? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and wil...

Why don't I have a 'Send' button on my outlook express email page
I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook Express email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the page so that I can get the email sent off. Where is it....or how can I find it??? "rednil" <rednil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFFAA00-0E21-4704-B603-DC033EA95A78@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook > Express > email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the > page so that I can get the...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...