Unable to send from Outlook - 452 Space shortage

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following error message:

Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
(0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'

The system occassionally allows me to send emails. I
don;t know whether it is a local problem (i.e. my inbox
is too full) or a server problem with the company that is
hosting our email server? I work remotely. No-one else in
the company seems to have this problem

Rob
1
rob6135 (2)

Hi Rob,

Do you know how large of email that is allowed to send via your smtp server?

Simply try to compose and send a smallest message by putting "This is a test" in subject line and see if the problem whether is
occurred again.

Indeed, 0x800CCC78 reflect the sender is invalid but I don't know why the server reply with "Space shortage, please try later".
Perhaps, the SMTP server that you reach is a smarthost and relay any emails to another designated email hosts.....

Regarding the error code, you could take a look with:
http://www.klaban.torun.pl/help/msoe_errors.html
http://www.isp-help.co.uk/ErrorCodes/outerror.htm

Hope this help,
Keith
MCP, MCSE, CCSA

--
Are you boring? Let's come to talk together... ^^

"Rob" <rob@sportspubs.co.uk> wrote in message news:125d501c3f6da$ed290de0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help with the following error message:
>

> Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
> (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
> the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
> server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'
>
> The system occassionally allows me to send emails. I
> don;t know whether it is a local problem (i.e. my inbox
> is too full) or a server problem with the company that is
> hosting our email server? I work remotely. No-one else in
> the company seems to have this problem
>
> Rob

0
Keith
2/19/2004 11:45:46 AM
Rob <rob@sportspubs.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone help with the following error message:
>

> Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
> (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
> the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
> server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'

This is a problem on the recipient's end, not yours.  You can't do anything
about it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

repost: Outlook and incoming html
Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? Thanks -- Tendril ___________________________ A mistake is only a mistake If one learns nothing from it Tendril <dontuspamtendril@shotgunsandwich.net> wrote: > Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? I don't think so. That feature was added in Outlook 2002. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths do...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook 2003

outlook 2000 help file

Remove "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style"?
I'm editing a document that was created by someone else. Somewhere along the way, under format/paragraph options, they clicked the box called "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style." I want to un-click it, but the box is greyed out (showing the checkmark there) and I can't un-click it...and it's screwing up my formatting! Does anyone know how to find this rogue command & remove it? This option is not available for individual paragraphs, only for styles. You must go to the Modify Style dialog to change it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill M...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Outlook 2002
Can anyone tell me why in Outlook 2002, when I send a message it goes to the Outbox and sits there until I click another folder or wait for a long time. The Send Message Immediately is checked. I did apply SP2. Any suggestions will be greatky appreciated. Thanks Jim Stroyek jim.stroyek@na.omgi.com ...

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

concurrent instances (or profiles) of outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook running at the same time? Or maybe have two Outlook profiles accessable at the same time? I have two mail accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use Outlook for both. But I don't know how so right now I'm using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other. Thanks for any advise, Rob No, you cannot run 2 instances of Outlook nor can you have 2 profiles open at the same time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...

Auto Spacing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I currently have a spreadsheet with about 10,000 items in it. I have some postal codes that are spaced properly (eg. N6F 1X3), but I also have some that are incorrectly spaced (rg. N6T2X1). Is there a way to &quot;auto format&quot; these to space themselves properly? Thanks. probably not, but if the length of the post codes (regardless of the space) is consistent, you can play around with &quot;Find and Replace&quot; - in the Edit menu, and &quot;Text to Columns&quot; - in the Data menu. M...

Moving Outlook info to new computer
Is there a way to take all my current information in Outlook (i.e. Calendar, etc.) and move it to a new computer? I must get rid of my current computer, and I need to find a way to add all the information I have in Outlook on my new computer. Please let me know! Thanks! Andrew Not sure what operating system or version of Outlook you are using, but look for *.PST, *.PAB, and *.RWZ. *.PST - Contains e-mail, contacts, calendar, tasks, .etc. *.PAB - Legacy personal address book file (used by default under Outlook 97/98, Optional under later but still supported) *.RWZ - Inbox rules (Us...