Unable to send from Outlook - 452 Space shortage

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following error message:

Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
(0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'

The system occassionally allows me to send emails. I
don;t know whether it is a local problem (i.e. my inbox
is too full) or a server problem with the company that is
hosting our email server? I work remotely. No-one else in
the company seems to have this problem

Rob
0
rob6135 (1)

Hi Rob,

Do you know how large of email that is allowed to send via your smtp server?

Simply try to compose and send a smallest message by putting "This is a test" in subject line and see if the problem whether is
occurred again.

Indeed, 0x800CCC78 reflect the sender is invalid but I don't know why the server reply with "Space shortage, please try later".
Perhaps, the SMTP server that you reach is a smarthost and relay any emails to another designated email hosts.....

Regarding the error code, you could take a look with:
http://www.klaban.torun.pl/help/msoe_errors.html
http://www.isp-help.co.uk/ErrorCodes/outerror.htm

Hope this help,
Keith
MCP, MCSE, CCSA

--
Are you boring? Let's come to talk together... ^^

"Rob" <rob@sportspubs.co.uk> wrote in message news:125d501c3f6da$ed290de0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help with the following error message:
>

> Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
> (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
> the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
> server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'
>
> The system occassionally allows me to send emails. I
> don;t know whether it is a local problem (i.e. my inbox
> is too full) or a server problem with the company that is
> hosting our email server? I work remotely. No-one else in
> the company seems to have this problem
>
> Rob

0
Keith
2/19/2004 11:45:46 AM
Rob <rob@sportspubs.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone help with the following error message:
>

> Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error
> (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify
> the e-mail address in your account properties.  The
> server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later'

This is a problem on the recipient's end, not yours.  You can't do anything
about it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Using Autocorrect to remove spaces
Hi, I am looking at how to remove extra spaces, and have been thinking about using Autocorrect. I have been reading another thread which suggested; For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = WorksheetFunction.Trim(cell.Text) Next What I have been using is; With Application.AutoCorrect .AddReplacement "Want", "Replace" End With Works well within a loop changing any "Replace" text with "Want". Something I didn't get Substitute to do correctly within a loop. What I can't get AutoCorrect to do though is work with spaces, so...

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Unable to open calendar

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

Outlook 2002 pst errors
For the past several months, my emails through my ISP are not being sent to my Outlook inbox. When trying to determine the problem, I receive an error message stating, " Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\owner\local settings\Application data\microsoft\ outlook\ outlook.pst. Can someone assist me with this problem? Thanks Run scanpst.exe against to check it for errors. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonym...

Put Outlook contact in Excel?
I am building an Excel list, and would like to put into a cell in Excel a reference or hyperlink to the Outlook contact for that record. I have tried dragging the Outlook contact into the Excel cell, but that doesn't work. Is there a way to do what I want? Thanks! Jeremy See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm for information on the = outlook: hyperlink syntax.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power ...

Lost Address Book when importing to Outlook
I recently installed and started using Outlook 2003. I decided to import my address book from from Outlook Express 6. I did what I thought was the right thing... File>Import and Export>Import Internet Mail and Addresses>Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and the radio button for Do not import duplicate items. It imported my messages but not my address book, so I went ahead and manually entered the information for my contacts in Outlook. (Only 5 of them thank goodness so I remembered their info). When I went back to look at Outlook Express my address book was gone! I have another frie...

Sending Mail #2
I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , while allowing another set of users to send INTRANET mail only. Is there a way in which this can be done in Exchange 2000 srv.? see these: http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/36/180489.aspx http://tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=473226 "cozierj" <cozierj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F9D669-AC55-4A82-ADBA-C0A7C0817C42@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , > while allowing > another set of users ...

How do i set up outlook?
I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! Sheariep wrote: > I just purchased a dell computer and it came with microsft office? I > am trying to setup my outlook email account but i am not sure where > to start. do you have to have an existing email account like hotmail > or yahoo to get this setup? Please help!!! You have to have a mail account somewhere if you want mail. Y...

Outlook 07 Causes App Hang
Any idea how to fix iTunes and Quicken app hangs related to OL '07? Problem signature: Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1 Application Name: iTunes.exe Application Version: 9.0.2.25 Application Timestamp: 4ae90227 Hang Signature: d774 Hang Type: 2080 Waiting on Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Waiting on Application Version: 12.0.6514.5000 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Hang Signature 1: 2da90c07e58bb4a0e1451fcc04515d29 Additional Hang Signature 2: 0d59 Additional Hang Signature 3: f247d96b0ecd058ec572f8bacec2de3c Additi...

Outlook meetings
Hi there, I am using Outlook 2003. Sometimes when I update an invitation to a meeting, by adding a few files, I am getting the meeting cancelled, recipients receive a cancelled message although I clicked an Update. Is there a possible solution for this? Thank you, T ...

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

unable to scroll the page

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

Unable to conect

disabled Send/receive button
Hi, Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook express. Did anyone already have such problem ? thx, Alain hey, check if you still have an account set up. the send/rec disappears when there are no pop accounts. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook >express. >Did anyone already have such problem ? > >thx, >Alain > > >. > ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Outlook 2003 'New Mail Desktop Alert' Doesn't Work
I have this option enabled in Outlook 2003 Advanced E-mail Options, running on WinXP Pro SP1, yet I've never once seen the actual Alert appear (transparent message box) when e-mail is received. The Preview Alert works fine. I have NAV 2003 Standard running with the Office Plug-in enabled & scanning of incoming & outgoing mails, yet the problem persists even when I disable the NAV Auto-Protect. Is there a conflict between the Outlook Alert & NAV 2003, or is it something else? the alerts don't fire if something is at full screen. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...

Comcast IPS - I cannot send mail
Both my email account and my wife email account just stop working. Call my provider and the answer I got was we only support smartzone mail. So I logge onto Microsoft Discussion Groups and found the following solution. Try going to the Advanced tab of your accounts settings and change the Port number in use from 25 to 587. Also go the Sever tab and make sure the Authentication option is checked. -- dlburrell43 And what happened when you made those changes ? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and wil...