Unable to send email to a certain address

I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send
email to it or reply. I get the following error message:

The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003
14:35:25 -0500
from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16]

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
errors -----
<rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us>
    (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name)

.... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.:
>>> MAIL From:<rjaekel@dicararubinoarchitects.com>
<<< 550 Can't verify your host name
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

I called the individual and had them check things on there
end and everyhting seems fine. As I said I can get the
emails from them but I can't send or reply.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0
rjaekel (1)

In article <099501c3ae0b$0d54a430$a001280a@phx.gbl>, Rob says...

>I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send
>email to it or reply. I get the following error message:
>
>The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003
>14:35:25 -0500
>from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16]
>
>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
>errors -----
><rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us>
>    (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name)
>
>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.:
><<< 550 Can't verify your host name
>554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
>I called the individual and had them check things on there
>end and everyhting seems fine. As I said I can get the
>emails from them but I can't send or reply.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks

This is not an Outlook issue -- it appears that your recipient is running some
kind of spam filter that objects to your mail server.  For example, your server
may be listed as an "open relay" in various anti-spam lists.  Best bet is to get
your friend to check with his system administrator/ISP about why your address
would bounce.  {Jonathan}

Rob wrote:
> I can recieve email froma certain address but can't send
> email to it or reply. I get the following error message:
>
> The original message was received at Tue, 18 Nov 2003
> 14:35:25 -0500
> from ool-43507010.dyn.optonline.net [67.80.112.16]
>
>    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
> errors -----
> <rbayersdorfer@franklinlakes.k12.nj.us>
>     (reason: 550 Can't verify your host name)

> ... while talking to mail.franklinlakes.k12.nj.us.:
> <<< 550 Can't verify your host name
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
> I called the individual and had them check things on there
> end and everyhting seems fine. As I said I can get the
> emails from them but I can't send or reply.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

You didn't arrange an account with your ISP where you can run your own
SMTP server and transport your SMTP traffic across their domain.  That's
how spammers abuse a network, so ISPs will block the relaying of SMTP
traffic across their domain.

Or maybe you have to authenticate to their SMTP server, especially if
you are connecting to a different network (after all, unless you
authenticate either by logging onto their network or to their server to
prove you have an account with them, they won't know who the hell you
are).  Check the More Settings options for your e-mail account under
Outgoing Server to enable authentication (which can be tied to the same
username and password as used for the POP3 server or can separate
whether the same or different values than for the POP3 server).

no-email5651 (165)

disposable email address service?
Is there a disposable email address service that integrates with outlook to some degree so I don't have to log-in via a browser to generate a new address? Plus, after using a web site to generate different addresses, I found it hard to keep track which address was given to whom. Although the service I use allows me to attach a note to each email address, there is no way to quickly view the list of addresses and the notes attached to them. I have to drill down each address to see the note, and doing this over a web site is painfully slow. Google is your friend. -- Milly Staple...

Missing in Address book
HI, I find some 2% of my entries in Contacts folder not showing up in the Address book. Could someone clarify the relationship between the Contacts folder and the Address book (what gets listed in the composing screen for the addresses)? How can i get all the entries in Contacts folder to show up in the Address book when i am composing a mail? Thanks Ramesh Ramesh <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote: > I find some 2% of my entries in Contacts folder not showing up in the > Address book. Could someone clarify the relationship between the > Contacts folder and the Address...

Stuck emails
I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How do I delete this email? have you tried a "shift delete"? have you tried deleting it in OWA? are these users running Outlook in cached mode? "Matt Wood" <Matt Wood@discussions.microsoft....

Unable to open calendar

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

Lost Address Book when importing to Outlook
I recently installed and started using Outlook 2003. I decided to import my address book from from Outlook Express 6. I did what I thought was the right thing... File>Import and Export>Import Internet Mail and Addresses>Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and the radio button for Do not import duplicate items. It imported my messages but not my address book, so I went ahead and manually entered the information for my contacts in Outlook. (Only 5 of them thank goodness so I remembered their info). When I went back to look at Outlook Express my address book was gone! I have another frie...

Sending Mail #2
I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , while allowing another set of users to send INTRANET mail only. Is there a way in which this can be done in Exchange 2000 srv.? see these: http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/36/180489.aspx http://tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=473226 "cozierj" <cozierj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F9D669-AC55-4A82-ADBA-C0A7C0817C42@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , > while allowing > another set of users ...

PGP email
I need to provide secure email fr some of my users. I have exchange 2003 stnd. Does anyone have any recommendations? anything in exchange that can do this? ...

unable to scroll the page

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

Unable to conect

disabled Send/receive button
Hi, Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook express. Did anyone already have such problem ? thx, Alain hey, check if you still have an account set up. the send/rec disappears when there are no pop accounts. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook >express. >Did anyone already have such problem ? > >thx, >Alain > > >. > ...

cannot see email progess anymore not showing ex. 3 of 25 emails
outlook 2007. after clicking on the send receive button the email progress does not show anymore at the bottom right page. the in box used to show the progress of the number of emails downloaded. ecample 3 of 84 emails ...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Alternate address book
Hi Is it possible to create an address book, similar to outlook address book, but which picks up contact addresses from an ms access table? Basically I have an access database and I want those addresses to appear in outlook when user is trying to send an email. I don't want to physically copy access contacts into outlook contacts as both have differences in some fields. Thanks Regards Yes.. You'll need to program it though. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google an...

Using secondary email when distributing a Campaign Activity
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to use the marketing list's member primary AND secondary emails when send a email mass mailout from a campaign activity. I believe we could do it using the sdk, but am not sure how (plug-in, workflow?) Has anyone achieved this somehow? Thanks Hi Fred, Yes, our latest VEM (Vizola eMarketing Addin) module has this feature, please checkout http://www.vizola.com/vem - you can download and try the evaluation version - it also includes all the template usage + tracking and bounce features you need. On the COMPOSE EMAIL screen you are presented w...

email transfer & retreival
Can anyone simplify the the server name of outgoing and incoming mail. It is the only step I am having a problem with. Thanks, JJ what isp do you use for email? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange util...

Comcast IPS - I cannot send mail
Both my email account and my wife email account just stop working. Call my provider and the answer I got was we only support smartzone mail. So I logge onto Microsoft Discussion Groups and found the following solution. Try going to the Advanced tab of your accounts settings and change the Port number in use from 25 to 587. Also go the Sever tab and make sure the Authentication option is checked. -- dlburrell43 And what happened when you made those changes ? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and wil...