Unable to send E-Mails #3

I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I
get the following message.
554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

Any help would be gratefully appreciated
0
Larrym (3)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:27:03 -0800, LarryM wrote:

> I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I
> get the following message.
> 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied
>
> Any help would be gratefully appreciated

You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server.  Set that up on
the "Outgoing server" tab for your account.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:27:03 -0800, LarryM wrote:
>
> > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I
> > get the following message.
> > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied
> >
> > Any help would be gratefully appreciated

> You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server.  Set that up on
> the "Outgoing server" tab for your account.
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development

Jeff ,

Many thanks for your hel.  I solved the problem

Larry
0
Larrym (3)
12/24/2004 2:13:01 PM

"LarryM" wrote:

> I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I
> get the following message.
> 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied
>
> Any help would be gratefully appreciated
0
Joan (36)
8/23/2006 10:08:02 PM
That non-delivery messge usually means you're trying to send an email
through a sending server that doesn't belong to the ISP you're connected to.
Most ISPs will not allow this and will require you to use the sending server
they own.  If you changed ISPs when you installed broadband, check with your
new ISP to get the name of the sending server they want you to use.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4

"joan" <joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "LarryM" wrote:
>
> > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail
> > get the following message.
> > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied
> >
> > Any help would be gratefully appreciated

0
hhh6225 (363)
8/23/2006 10:37:38 PM
Here's more info on the subject:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011128331033.aspx
Troubleshoot 550, 553, and relay-prohibited errors

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4

"joan" <joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "LarryM" wrote:
>
> > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail
> > get the following message.
> > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied
> >
> > Any help would be gratefully appreciated

0
hhh6225 (363)
8/23/2006 10:50:41 PM

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:27:03 -0800, LarryM wrote:
>
> > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I
> > get the following message.
> > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied
> >
> > Any help would be gratefully appreciated
>
> You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server.  Set that up on
> the "Outgoing server" tab for your account.
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development

B1 (229)

mail flow count
Hi everybody, Are you guys aware of a tool that counts all the incoming/outgoing e-mails for an Exchange organization? It will probably count all the e-mails from the transition logs or from the Message Tracking logs. Thanks, Sorin The products usually recommended are Promodag Reports and Quest MessageStats, although if you want to do something for free, try LogParser (www.logparser.com) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "SorinD" <SorinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75FF3408-E4FA-4E...

Error when tracking an e-mail if recipient is in CRM or Active Dir
We are experiencing a problem when a user attempts to send an e-mail with the Outlook client. If a recipient - To, BCC or CC - is a user in one of the CRM picklists (Contacts, Users, etc) an error is generated indicating that the user does not have sufficient privileges for the operation. If the recipient is NOT in one of the CRM lists, no error is generated and the email is attached to the account referenced in RE: . This is happening for the salesperson role, but not for the sales manager role, so obviously there is some privilege that I need to grant the salesperson role, but i ca...

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Unable to open calendar

Mail Box Size #2
Hi All, I have a user with a 6 gig + mailbox. We are using Exchange 2003 (enterprise) and Outlook 2003. He is now experiancing problems with the program running like a slug. It doesn't appear to be locking up, just taking for ever to do everything. He claims it was fine until front page crashed, which took the computer down (needing a re-boot) and outlook hasnt' worked right since. So what I have done, is delete the profile and recreate, appear to work for me, but now is locked up again. The auto archive does not appear to removing items from the mailbox. Does anyone hav...

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

Version 3.0c with Update Rollup 2
Hi all According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927751/en-us the updated files in the CRM client with Update Rollup 2 should have a datestamp of 15-Mar-2007. I have been testing deployment of the rollup on a PC which initially had the "compatibility update" version of the client installed (CRM_V3C_CLIENT.ISO) and the updated files have a datestamp of 1-Jun-2007. Is this normal? Thanks - Adam PS The file version of the updated files is 3.0.5300.1558, as expected. ...

Annotating received mail
Outlook 2003: I've just signed up for yet another account at some webpage and they've sent me an email with all my details - except the password of course. If this were real paper mail, I'd write a clue to the password on it before filing it. Is there an equivalent for a received email? I'm quite happy storing such notes in relatively obscure places such as the "Summary" page in file properties, but I'm not getting very far looking for any such place associated with an individual mail item. -- Steve Swift http://www.ringers.org.uk (Personal Webpage)...

Sending Mail #2
I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , while allowing another set of users to send INTRANET mail only. Is there a way in which this can be done in Exchange 2000 srv.? see these: http://www.adminlife.com/247reference/msgs/36/180489.aspx http://tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=473226 "cozierj" <cozierj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65F9D669-AC55-4A82-ADBA-C0A7C0817C42@microsoft.com... > I want to be able to allow a set of users to send INTRANET & INTERNET mail , > while allowing > another set of users ...

unable to scroll the page

Slow acces CRM 3.0
Hi, We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using CRM with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client. Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. We installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We accomplish all recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an account it's delay about 10 seconds. Why?? thanks in advance I have recently come accross a client that forgot to turn of the tracing in CRM, and this was causing a lot of delays, and the type of wait time's that you describe. Could it...

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

Unable to conect

disabled Send/receive button
Hi, Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook express. Did anyone already have such problem ? thx, Alain hey, check if you still have an account set up. the send/rec disappears when there are no pop accounts. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Since i installed PGP v8.xx, my Send/Recv button is disabled in Outlook >express. >Did anyone already have such problem ? > >thx, >Alain > > >. > ...

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Comcast IPS - I cannot send mail
Both my email account and my wife email account just stop working. Call my provider and the answer I got was we only support smartzone mail. So I logge onto Microsoft Discussion Groups and found the following solution. Try going to the Advanced tab of your accounts settings and change the Port number in use from 25 to 587. Also go the Sever tab and make sure the Authentication option is checked. -- dlburrell43 And what happened when you made those changes ? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and wil...

How to Mail Merge from the Web Client
Can anyone please detail to me if and how you mail merge a doc from the web client ( using .Net code i guess) ? i know that mail merge is feasable only by the Outlook client; in the Web client, using GUI drop down menu there's only the Email merge. Anyway i would like to mail merge an excel file from the web client of the MS. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Gianluca You could write a .Net page that does Word automation to implement a web-based merge process. There are examples of doing this (not from CRM) on the web. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---...

mailing directly from publisher people reciveing see it incorrectl
I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I select send e.mail as attachment and when people recive this message it looks like it has 1 / 2 or even 3 parts to it and that they have not been put back together properly, the effect looks something like wallpaper and the pattern doesn't match - this makes for almost impossible reading - has any one else suffered this problem? Any ideas for a souloution Thanks iamsquid <iamsquid@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to mail people directly from my publisher program, I &g...