unable to poll for new messages?

Can anyone please help w/the following error messages??

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server.
Account: 'Hotmail',
Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp'
, Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure
(SSL): No, Socket Error: 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the
server. Account: 'pop-server.sc.rr.com', Server: 'pop-
server.sc.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15
..

Any and all help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Help New Headers
Hi i run a windows 2000 network, i am trying to set up Imap accounts for my users, they all have sufficient rights. When i create the account then try to recieve mail i get the following error: checking for mail: reported error (0x800ccc0e) : Could not fetch new headers in the folder inbox for account, Erro Unable to connect to server checking for mail: reported error (0x800ccc0e) : Could not fetch new headers in the folder(Null)for account, Erro Unable to connect to server Any help would be extremely grateful ...

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this role, you will design and develop application software for a successful global corporation. You will also support and install software applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000. 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major corpora...

Can't convert unsigned int to void * error message
Dear : i have the following code : CStdioFile file("C:\\report.txt",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); file.WriteString("My infor"); SetFilePointer(file.m_hFile,NULL,NULL,FILE_END);// the Compiler issued error said : E:\Private\Files\Dlg.cpp(321) : error C2664: 'SetFilePointer' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'unsigned int' to 'void *' file.close(); Why? this error generated in Visual Stdion 6 , the same code implemented in Visual Stdio 7 (Visual C++.NET ) run without errors .!!!!! what cause the problem? Regards Raed Sawalha wrote: >...

Bad
Yesterday, I asked this over on the m.p.outlook.general group and despite there being 170+ new messages there today, none was a reply to my question. Not even a "must be a user error" type answer. So I'm asking here too. I have searched both Google and the msnews. groups and have seen a few others ask similar questions, but have not yet found an answer. My situation is as follows: OL 2003 Imap server Preview Pane is OFF View is set to IMAP Hide marked for Deletion There are no rules to delete any messages whatsoever - there is in fact, only 1 rule, which looks for ...

Unable to open calendar

Phone Message
I have seen that there is a way to setup a Phone message in Outlook, so users do not have to send an email, or give someone a sticky yellow note. I want to setup While you were out, I know this can be done in Novell's groupWise. How do u do it in Outlook, within a Workgroup? I just want clear defined instructions, as when I search I get numerous posts about this, regarding Office 97 file that u can download. But I want to set this up in Outlook 2002, with a toolbar button so people can send each other Phone messages to say who has called, to their POP3 mail. Please help Ta L...

save a new number format for other worksheets
when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how do i save it Jerry Austin Format a field in Personal.xls that uses it? -- HTH Bob Phillips "JerryAustin" <JerryAustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D10DBC4-CE16-4185-A52F-E7305DE1B392@microsoft.com... > when i exit a worksheet the new number format i have created gets lost - how > do i save it > Jerry Austin ...

set New currency EURO
I would like to know how to handle a new currency in GP, basically all of the transactions are in US dollars, however we need to create a vendor where all of his PO has to be in EURO ? How I can setup a new currency EURO ? Any help I will appreciate it. -- Thanks Miguel Dear, Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Currency Define your currency then open the Multicurrency Access Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Multicurrency Access) Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, ...

OL: Sent Messages Remain in My Outbox
I have read the article Q291613. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;Q291613 It said that I was trying to address the item to someone in my local personal address book. So, I tried to address an email with a totally new email address. however, the problem persists... pls pls hlp What version of Outlook and do you have send immediately checked? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: ChrisW <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I have re...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

Error Message when Importing Contacts
When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stating "The ActiveX control did not download properly. The import is being stopped. Any suggestions? could be a number of things including browser security settings, permissions on the local machine, firewall issues. more details about your environment (o/s and patch level) would be helpful "Bedrock Nicki" <Bedrock Nicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4469B908-78A6-4749-89F0-28252FD0A0E8@microsoft.com... > When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stati...

Unable to conect

Rules: messages from people in distribution list
Is there any way to create a rule that recognizes e-mails sent from people IN a distribution list? As opposed to e-mails sent to a distribution list. Thanks, CJ > Is there any way to create a rule that recognizes e-mails sent from > people IN a distribution list? As opposed to e-mails sent to a > distribution list. Yes. Just create the rule under Tools - Rules and Alerts and specify messages from the DL. It used to work, I assume it still does. -- -f.h. F.H. Muffman wrote: > Yes. Just create the rule under Tools - Rules and Alerts and specify > messages from the ...

Exchange web access does not poll messages until.
Exchange web access does not poll from our pop account until someone in our office does a send and receive on our particular workstations. Is there a way around this? We try a send receive from within our web access but it does not poll from our pop accounts. by the way we are using server 2003 , and exchange server 2003. Thanks guys Are you using a POP connector or Internet Mail in Outlook? If the former, the send/receive settings are determined by the POP connector itself. If the latter, you aren't going to be able to use Internet Mail in OWA very efficiently (without someone who is...

how to replace the "new" and "delete" operator funtion define in mfc.
I am trying to overload the global new and delelte operator function in order to use my own memory allocation mechanism.Every time i do it smoothly until i get to a MFC project. The problem is that there are already a set of new and delete operator function defined in afxmem.cpp of MFC. While i'm trying to replace them with my own,the new operator call the MFC's operator new function and call my operator delete function.This is a surelost. How can i replace them completely? Booker, Best regards. It is strongly recommended that you do not overload operator new/delete....

Outlook 2003 'New Mail Desktop Alert' Doesn't Work
I have this option enabled in Outlook 2003 Advanced E-mail Options, running on WinXP Pro SP1, yet I've never once seen the actual Alert appear (transparent message box) when e-mail is received. The Preview Alert works fine. I have NAV 2003 Standard running with the Office Plug-in enabled & scanning of incoming & outgoing mails, yet the problem persists even when I disable the NAV Auto-Protect. Is there a conflict between the Outlook Alert & NAV 2003, or is it something else? the alerts don't fire if something is at full screen. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...

Exchange 2003 Standard edition mobile SMS (text messaging)
My mobile phone accepts SMS (text messaging). Is there any way that I make exchange to notify every time that I receive a message or I even can create an email that will send a direct message to my mobile. I understand that I can activate the mobile feature of exchange but it will require the internet to be active on my mobile costing me more money. We have Exchange 2003 Standard edition Thank you. SMS was used by Exchange ActiveSync to initiate ActiveSync in Exchange Server 2003 before SP2. The actual delivery of mail would still require a data connection on your mobile device - t...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node