I am trying to set up Outlook 2003 on home computer but keep getting the
following message when trying to open application.
MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll.
Since I am not open to open, I cannot get to the help feature.
Please advise
0
Sterre (1)

Have you downloaded the latest MSN Connector from their site?  Or, if not
using it, have you uninstalled it?  Try opening Outlook in Safe mode
(start->run->outlook.exe /safe) and go into the Advanced options and uncheck
it from add-in manager or COM add-ins.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Sterre asked:

| I am trying to set up Outlook 2003 on home computer but keep getting
| the following message when trying to open application.
| MAPI was unable to load the information service msncon.dll.
| Since I am not open to open, I cannot get to the help feature.
| Please advise

0
MillyS (3228)

open form/subform at specific record
I have a form (repair status) the has the same field (work order #) as another form which is actually a subform(work order detail) to a main form (Customer data). What I want to do is double click on the field (work order #) and have it open the form (customer data)/(work order detail) at that specific record. I selected On Dbl Click to run a macro that opens the form where both field match. That works but it pulls the customer data form and the work order detail but it goes to the first work order detail associated to that customer not the specific on i clicked on. Any id...

Licence Error
Hi We have the problem that some MS CRM users get a Licence Error when they try to change the owner on an activity. The error occures only if the we change the owner of the activity to an other user than the currently logged on user. All user have the same role. The error raises only on some pc's not on all. What we do: 1. Create an activity 2. Change owner to an other user 3. Try to save activity 4. Error.... "License Error The selected user or user trying to log on has not been assigned a security role or license, and does not have sufficient privileges for this action. For ...

Java Script Error
I’m getting the following error trying to be sent t o Microsoft each time I try to save. I’m working on a new machine that has Vista Ultimate. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object expected</Message> <Line>1</Line> <URL>/Bluebag/sfa/salesorder/edit.aspx?id={6A53AE63-95D0-DD11-9701-001321C83584}</URL> <PageURL>/Bluebag/sfa/salesorder/edit.aspx?id={6A53AE63-95D0-DD11-9701-0...

"Error on page" and error report on entity close
Greetings, We have CRM 4.0 rollup 6 implemented from a CRM 3.0 upgrade about a month ago. Recently, my users have been reporting an error report being generated when they try to close (or save & close) any entity they have open. The entity is closed (or saved and closed), and I have asked them not to send the error report, but of course this needs to be resolved. I have noticed that once the record is open, "error on page" will appear in the bottom left of the dialog if you will receive the error report dialog, which doesn't happen every time. Also, if I do an IIS...

SLOW to OPEN ... what could be the reason?
All of a sudden my Outlook Express takes almost 5 minutes to open up, but then it runs fine after that. I checked evrything I have done in the computer and can't think of anything related that could have affected that. I tried with and without firewall and/or Norton antivirus on and it still takes long. Microsoft XP...We use DSL to connect... The computer has 3 restricted users and one admin... I dont think it is the mail size because of how sudden the change of the start-up is. Any places to look at possible reasons why it takes this long??? THANK YOU!!! Claudio CL wrote: > ...

Rules that act on messages after they are opened & read?
Can One create a Rule that acts on a message after it is opened and read? I.e., the rule should allow you to read the message first, and then send it to a specific folder. http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ Gord On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 12:39:04 -0800, "Perotin" <Perotin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can One create a Rule that acts on a message after it is opened and read? >I.e., the rule should allow you to read the message first, and then send it >to a specific folder. ...

Unable to open Access 95 mdb in Access 97
Hi I am trying to open an old Access 95 mdb in Access 97...I didn't create it but someone who knew the database way back when said that a system.mda file was created for that particular database because it had a lot of personal info in it. (I am not familiar with mda files...the database folder also had a system.ldb file there as well...I deleted that file...but am unsure why it wasn't closed out to begin with) I was able to open Access 97 and repair it...but when I go to open it in Access 97...I get an Automation Error...Cannot find VEENLR3.hlp file. Do you think it may ha...

Exract Data And Error Msg
ERROR MSG: Microsoft Excel cannot determine which row in your list or selection contains column labels which are required for this operation I can’t figure out why: The names of my Columns are as follows: ITEM QTY DAYS TOTAL I formatted them as Text. How do I make Excel know they are column labels and furthermore… I am composing an invoice for my rental business. I have set up a sheet with all the items that I rent. The cost of each item is determined by the number of items time the number of days rented. I would like to extract, to a separate location,(sheet 2) only the items that we...

Reminder Service errors
I have noticed that others are having the same problem with Outlook 2003 and the message "reminder service is not running" is there a fix for this? When do you get this error and what troubleshooting have you already tried? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mark asked: | I have noticed that others are having the same problem | with Outlook 20...

DIV/0 error #2
Hi all, I need help on a formula. I have a cell Z3 which is YTD. It calcuates the average from cells A3:Y3 (months of the year). So far so good. The cells A3:Y3 contain average totals from the 4 weeks of the month. So cell Z3 is calcuating all of the monthly averages which is working ok. The problem is if I have not entered any weekly data for the future months I am getting the #DIV/0 error and the YTD Z3 cell will not calcuate. I have tried using the help solutions. But it looks like I can't use their solution because I am using a range of cells. This is what I attempted: =IF(A3...

cyclic redundancy error in outlook?
i had this error once before and had to revert back to a .pst file that was 2 years old (my bad for not backing up my data). well, a year later it has happened again. it is totalling screwing up my outlook. is there any way to repair/fix this file? what is causing this? we normally always leave our computer on. it is on 24 hours a day with outlook running. both times that this problem has happened is after we have shut down our computer before going away on vacation. the problem appeared both times right after we returned and booted up the computer. thoughts? What is the exa...

Sending DLL Error Messages to Dialog
What would be a good approach to streaming an error message generated in a DLL to a Windows dialog? Would I use file I/O as a middle man or is their a cool way to re-direct stdout into Windows land? Probably the simplest approach is to use named pipes, which pretty much "looks" like file I/O anyway. Shared memory would also work, a little more work than named pipes (you could use a mem-mapped file plus a named event to notify the dialog that there is a message waiting). There's lots of good stuff on www.CodeProject.com that has to do with interprocess communication. On 16...

Error sending mail from web client

I wanna use the MAPI.
Hi all, I wanna use the Message API in my project, but I don't know with which .obj or .dll file to link :( Would you please to tell me, thanks a lot. Deng Lor Thank you for your reply. Yet I need to know the export library, which will guide my program how to call the mapi32.dll. I find mapi32.lib in the default lib directory, but the entries of MAPIFreeBuffer, HrMAPIOpenFolderEx, and so on are still unknown, they must be in some other .lib file. Do you know where they locate? Further more, when try using a Windows API, how to find out with which .obj and/or .lib file should be link...

save to same file as opened
Using Excel97. when my user opens a file, makes changes and then clicks the save icon, it used to save the changes to the file that was originally opened, now it brings up a save as dialog box, adds a 1,2,3.... to the filename and saves it in the default folder instead of where it came from. How do I put it back to the way it was -- dmtech 1,2,3? Sounds like the file was saved as a template. Are you sure the file name is XLS and not XLT? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "dmtech" <dmtech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3869892F-B18A...

Can't open archive folder
I made an archive folder from Outlook 2000 on an old laptop, and put the *.pst file on a little jump drive. Then I opened Outlook 2007 on my new laptop (XP) and made a file folder called Archive Folders, and copied it over from the drive to that folder. When I click on the *.pst file it will not open on the new machine. I get the message "Cannot open this item. Outlook blocked access to this potentially unsafe item." But it's clean, everything went thru Norton first.... how can I get my old emails to transfer over to the new machine and open? -- Stinsoneer Copy from...

XML not opening properly in EXCEL
Hello, I am having some trouble opening XML in Excel. I have a web program that will perform a query and export the results in XML format. I have some users on Office 2003 PRO and SBE, whenever a user opens the file in PRO, they get a dialog box that prompts them with three options, open as XML list, Open as Read only file, and one more. Once I see this I know the file will be formated properly with the headers on each column. Now when a person using SBE opens the same file they do not get the same dialog box, the file just opens and all the headers are messed up. If you need an e...

How to install Office 2008 for mac if there's "No default application to open the office installer"

Checking for errors
I need to check that data entered into a document is correct, I have loaded a spreadsheet from the text file and saved it as a xls file. Column B and D are supposed to show the same data but errors have been made, is there some way to have Excel compare column B with D and indicate rows where B and D do not match? thanks Daniel If you put +b1=d1 in cell e1 ( or whatever cell is free ) you'll see TRUE if they are the same, or FALSE if not - Thank you "mar10" <mar10a@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1106103318.654263.235350@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... &g...

open a file
how to open(view) a file in read oly mode. i 'ed try using ShellExecute(), but it will not work in read only mode. How about showing the file in a read-only edit box? Why do you have to open another program to show a file? I assume a text-file here. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "sajeev" <sajeevkumar.sajeev@gmail.com> wrote in message news:64cbdddf.0504260236.2052db3e@posting.google.com... > how to open(view) a file in read oly mode. > i 'ed try using ShellExecute(), but it will not work in read only mode. ...

Converting Lead
We seems to have a problem with our CRM system where someone tries to "Convert a Lead" and clicks the "Open newly created record(s)" checkbox. The system will convert the lead, but it will NOT open the newly created records. At first I thought it was a Pop-Up block issue, but I tried it myself with all Pop-Up blocking turned OFF and it still is happening. Any Ideas? Regards, Eric S. On the subject line I meant - "Not Working"... "Eric S." wrote: > We seems to have a problem with our CRM system where someone tries to > "Convert a ...

reply to ACE_Shankar:unable to access sales transaction screen
You receive the "Your previous transaction-level posting session has not finished" error message in Microsoft Great Plains Sales Order Process Your previous transaction-level posting session has not finished processing. Please allow time for it to finish. If you believe it has failed, log out of Great Plains and log back in to recover transactions CAUSE This behavior occurs when records are locked in the SY00500 table, in the SY00800 table, or in the SOP10100 table. Records have a batch number that is blank, or the User ID is listed as the batch number. RESOLUTION 1. All ...

Unable to access hyperlinked files.
We have a training matrix which is an excel spreadsheet. Each training record is hyperlinked to the appropriate cell on the spreadsheet for each department member. This recently underwent a major overhaul. The existing spreadsheet was copied to another network location. Changes were made adding and removing personnel. No changes were made to hyperlinks since it was not in the final location. The updated file was copied back to the original location. None of the hyperlinks work. We receive the error message "cannot open the specified files". My thought was to ...

dll interface problem
Can anyone help me with this, or perhaps point me to a better newsgroup? I have a DLL created in Visual C++ v5 and I am trying to use it in a new Visual Studio .net 2002 application (C++) in the same way as I called it in my Visual Studio V5 (C+) application. I get the following warnings hundreds of times. Now, they are only warnings and can be ignored, but the app just won't run past a DLL class or function call!. d:\Tassc\Flamingo\Model\ScopeBuffer.h(111): warning C4251: 'ScopeBuffer::m_iAbstraction' : class 'CUIntArray' needs to have dll-interface to be used by c...

Cannot start Outlook--an OLE registration error occurred; reinstal doesn't help
This is what happens when I try to open Outlook. I get a message that says, "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." I have tried several things--installing Outlook again, uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook, uninstalling and reinstalling all of Office xp, and running the utility to find and fix errors (not necessarily in that order). I had problems with Word and Excel, which were corrected for the most part by uninstalling Norton Anti ...