Unable to open Outlook #5

On trying to open Outlook I get the error message ( unable to open default
mail folder, try again later)

Type of account? In case you are using a pst-file use scanpst.exe to scan it
for errors.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"djchampkin" <djchampkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On trying to open Outlook I get the error message ( unable to open default
> mail folder, try again later)

0
Roady
1/20/2005 5:07:58 PM
djchampkin <djchampkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> On trying to open Outlook I get the error message ( unable to open
> default mail folder, try again later)

Sounds like you don't have any services defined in your profile.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Unable to open calendar

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Outlook 2002 pst errors
For the past several months, my emails through my ISP are not being sent to my Outlook inbox. When trying to determine the problem, I receive an error message stating, " Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\owner\local settings\Application data\microsoft\ outlook\ outlook.pst. Can someone assist me with this problem? Thanks Run scanpst.exe against to check it for errors. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonym...

unable to scroll the page

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Unable to conect

Why don't I have a 'Send' button on my outlook express email page
I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook Express email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the page so that I can get the email sent off. Where is it....or how can I find it??? "rednil" <rednil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCFFAA00-0E21-4704-B603-DC033EA95A78@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded Microsoft Office 2003. When I go into my Outlook > Express > email page I can write an email but I have no 'send' button showing on the > page so that I can get the...

Outlook without Exchange Server
I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook 2003 can be used with pier-to-pier sertup in a small office with leass than 5 employees. The functionality desired would be to be able to forward and recieve messages, tasks, appointments, share and view calendar etc. I was wondering if outlook can be used within a workgroup in a LAN setup without having exchange server. Thanks, Athiff In news:1ad6001c423e0$2a80b120$a601280a@phx.gbl, Athiff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: || I am new to outlook. I am trying to find out if Outlook || 2003 can be used with pier-...

Customize Outlook Today #11
On the outlook today page, when I click on Customize Outlook today it will not open the customize page. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Tom" <tombasenji@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:007801c35926$...

tasks in outlook today
how do you get tasks that are checked of as complete, not to appear on the outlook today screen. I have tried everything with no luck i'm using outlook 2002 please help Mike .. ...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Outlook 2002 problems.
I have a user who has XP and Office XP pro with Frontpage installed. For the user to see any new email messages he has to click on another folder, say Sent Messages, then the Inbox will show as having messages in it. The Inbox does not update automatically. The Notification is also on but that doesn't come up either until the above is done. Also, when the user sends a message, it sits in the Outbox until the same as above is done, ie clicking on another folder. We had a similar problem with Outlook 2002 which was reloved through Microsoft Article 304849. this problem however, is ...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

Outlook Client Crashing
Running Vista, Outlook 2007 CRM 40 Outlook client for offline use. Continual crashing, updated with rollup 1, still crashing. Uninstalled CRM, Office, reinstalled, ran update, still crashing. Any ideas on what I can try are greatly appreciated. When you unistalled the outlook client, did you download a new one or use the same one. Jarrett http://www.dynamics4.com I have had problems with other plugins installed in outlook, try disabling some of the other plugins and run it again... <jcoleman1026@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b9df23f8-6fd8-4100-b9ce-6ad77f5d1a65@k18g2000...

Outlook folders "missing".
When I open Outlook (Office XP) I get a window that says Connection Details Server: Null Port 3268 User: Null When I close that window, Outlook opens with this message: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. The shortcut windows open with: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The folder no lon...