Unable to open mail attachment in Outlook 2007

I am unable to open the attachments in my emails.  I am using Outlook 2007
When I try to preview I get the following error message:
This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following
previewer:

Microsoft Office Outlook message and item previewer

To open this file in its own program, double-click it.

When I double-click nothing happens.  Can anyone help?

Thank you

0
DMarti (1)

> I am unable to open the attachments in my emails.  I am using Outlook 2007
> When I try to preview I get the following error message:
> This file cannot be previewed because of an error with the following
> previewer:
> Microsoft Office Outlook message and item previewer
>
> To open this file in its own program, double-click it.
>
> When I double-click nothing happens.  Can anyone help?

What type of attachment is it?  If it is a .msg file, make sure you have
the most recent version of Google Desktop installed.

--
-f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
3/17/2008 2:32:48 AM
did you manage to find a solution to this problem?
0
Clint
6/9/2008 2:20:33 PM
Clint Naude <Clint Naude> wrote:

> did you manage to find a solution to this problem?

What problem is that?  You've given no detals?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Outlook 2002 SP2 automatic update of server rules
Laides and Gentlemen, after installing outlook 2002 on the computer I have the problem that the generated rules are automatically updated if the rule wizard is closed. Due to the big amount of rules I am using it is not possible to activate all rules on the server. With the previous version of outlook it was possible to select between automatic or manual update of the server. In the actual one this is not possilbe within the rule wizard. Is there a way to keep oll rules on the client and prevent this update of the server? Due to the fact that the client is up and running 24h / 7 da...

Error when tracking an e-mail if recipient is in CRM or Active Dir
We are experiencing a problem when a user attempts to send an e-mail with the Outlook client. If a recipient - To, BCC or CC - is a user in one of the CRM picklists (Contacts, Users, etc) an error is generated indicating that the user does not have sufficient privileges for the operation. If the recipient is NOT in one of the CRM lists, no error is generated and the email is attached to the account referenced in RE: . This is happening for the salesperson role, but not for the sales manager role, so obviously there is some privilege that I need to grant the salesperson role, but i ca...

mail flow count
Hi everybody, Are you guys aware of a tool that counts all the incoming/outgoing e-mails for an Exchange organization? It will probably count all the e-mails from the transition logs or from the Message Tracking logs. Thanks, Sorin The products usually recommended are Promodag Reports and Quest MessageStats, although if you want to do something for free, try LogParser (www.logparser.com) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "SorinD" <SorinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75FF3408-E4FA-4E...

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Unable to open calendar

Mail Box Size #2
Hi All, I have a user with a 6 gig + mailbox. We are using Exchange 2003 (enterprise) and Outlook 2003. He is now experiancing problems with the program running like a slug. It doesn't appear to be locking up, just taking for ever to do everything. He claims it was fine until front page crashed, which took the computer down (needing a re-boot) and outlook hasnt' worked right since. So what I have done, is delete the profile and recreate, appear to work for me, but now is locked up again. The auto archive does not appear to removing items from the mailbox. Does anyone hav...

unable to scroll the page

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Exiting Word 2007
Whenever I try to exist Word 2007 it tells me I have encountered a problem and that is trying to fix it. I have to go through about three attempts before it finally exits. How can I fix this problem? See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 which should cover all the issues that affect your problem. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MV...

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

Unable to conect

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

Customize Outlook Today #11
On the outlook today page, when I click on Customize Outlook today it will not open the customize page. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Tom" <tombasenji@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:007801c35926$...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

tasks in outlook today
how do you get tasks that are checked of as complete, not to appear on the outlook today screen. I have tried everything with no luck i'm using outlook 2002 please help Mike .. ...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Mail blocking
I have exchange server 2003 i want to block mail from my domain to other domain but i want to allow for only 2 domain how i can do this ...