Unable to open attachments #5

HI,

I have a user running Outlook 2000 SR1 and they are having
trouble opening attchments.  They were sent 2 excel
spreadsheet which they were unable to open, the error they
received was 'can't open the attached file due to
restrictions in place on this computer'.

They have admin rights on the PC and there are no other
restrictions in place (that I can think of).

I opened the excel spreadsheets fine myself and they are
just simple forms, no macros or anything linking to them.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Matt
0
anonymous (74721)

Can the open in when they save it first?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks

-----
"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I have a user running Outlook 2000 SR1 and they are having
> trouble opening attchments.  They were sent 2 excel
> spreadsheet which they were unable to open, the error they
> received was 'can't open the attached file due to
> restrictions in place on this computer'.
>
> They have admin rights on the PC and there are no other
> restrictions in place (that I can think of).
>
> I opened the excel spreadsheets fine myself and they are
> just simple forms, no macros or anything linking to them.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

0
Roady
8/9/2004 5:04:53 PM
No, it doesn't allow them to save the attachments either.

0
anonymous (74721)
8/10/2004 8:57:30 AM
To what location are they saving the file? Try saving it to the Desktop.
What error do they get?

--

> No, it doesn't allow them to save the attachments either.

0
Roady

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Unable to open calendar

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Event ID 3009 A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.1.0 appears randomly.
Exchange 2003 mail enabled Public Folder randomly don't receive e-mail from external sender, when it happens sender receives error : --------------------------------------------- Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxx@xxx.com Action: failed Status: 5.1.0 --------------------------------------------- Sometimes all work ok. Error in Application log : --------------------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: (8) Event ID: 3009 Date: 2005.12.21 Time: 11:43:32 User: N/A Computer: MailServerName Description: The description for Event ID ( 3009 ...

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

Unable to conect

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

disappearing/reappearing .doc file attachment
I have come across some weird behavior that doesn't make any sense. It occured on a machine running windows xp pro with office xp pro. 1st message - Received an email with an MS Word attachment (file.doc). The message had a note in italics stating that a file had been attached and the message properties also showed that a file was attached, but when the message was opened no attachment is shown and there are no messages saying that it had been removed by outlook. Had the sender resend the attachment. 2nd message - Received and opened message. Attachment icon is there and attachment is op...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

File is saved on opening #4
Dave Peterson Wrote: > I don't have another guess. I've never seen excel do anything lik > this. > > You are sure you opened in Safe mode so that all macros were disabled? > (You do see "safe mode" in excel's title bar, right?)Yes, the title bar says 'Microsoft Excel - Safe Mode'. And all m personal settings are gone so I have to fill in my username and I ge that annoying paperclip that welcomes me to Excel and asks me if I wan to start using Excel etc. :( Dave Peterson Wrote: > One more thing to try (that may not help)... > > Open...

I can't open a word document from outlook
I have office 2007 and cannot open word documents I have received or sent - it just started today. I click on the attachment and a pop comes up saying if I want to make changes to the program, if I say yes it goes to the word program but is just grey without the document there. There are no problems with excel or PowerPoint. "Steven Dear" <StevenDear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0775470C-BB6A-4236-BAF7-4D8C65C14120@microsoft.com... >I have office 2007 and cannot open word documents I have received or sent - > it just started today. I cl...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...

How do I uninstall the 7.5 Great Plains client remotely?
I have created an SMS package to deploy the Great Plains 9.0 client to my workstations. Does anyone know how to do an uninstall of 7.5 remotely? ...

cannot open default email folders. information store cannot be ope
i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will not open. I can access my mail online through Cox but it does not contain my personal folders or all of my emails. I am using Vista and Outlook 2007. thank you. Have you inadvertently configured your mail account to connect to an Exchange server? "jnormandin" <jnormandin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8E95224-8BAD-4B79-9CED-B673D68D16DF@microsoft.com... > i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will > not open. I can access my mail onl...

"Publisher Cannot open the file!!"
hello, lasty year i created a 52page catolouge for work in pub, i need to update this but unfortunatly it has told me that "Publisher Cannot open the file" i have tried all the help options i could find online and i have had no luck, there is about 2 weeks work re doing the file so i would be really happy if somone could help!! thanks russ keegan What version Publisher? Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/976177/en-us If you have other versions of Publisher: ...

unable to send mail
This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I configured Ex2k3 correctly. I seem to get no errors running smtpdiag. However, when I try to send an e-mail from my internal admin account to an external account, Outlook Express complains: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server... Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay... I'd appreciate your help. In news:8E5CEE3F-2B99-41A8-ABA7-B0F90EA7099F@microsoft.com, bill tie <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I conf...