Unable To Open Attachments #2

We use Win2kServer, Exchange 2000 SP3 and OutlookXP

When i try open message with attachment i have problem..

the error message is : Could not open one or more attachments!

is it a bug in Exchange or Outlook?

0
s3693 (2)

Are you dealing with the Secutiy Lock within OL2002
for "unsafe" attachments?  This is what it sound like.
There are KB articles all over the place on it.
Jason

0
jwulf (11)
11/19/2003 1:58:48 PM
its safe attachments..

so its not open..

"Jason" <jwulf@jkarch.com> wrote in message
> Are you dealing with the Secutiy Lock within OL2002
> for "unsafe" attachments?  This is what it sound like.
> There are KB articles all over the place on it.
> Jason

0
s3693 (2)

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Unable to open calendar

Mail Box Size #2
Hi All, I have a user with a 6 gig + mailbox. We are using Exchange 2003 (enterprise) and Outlook 2003. He is now experiancing problems with the program running like a slug. It doesn't appear to be locking up, just taking for ever to do everything. He claims it was fine until front page crashed, which took the computer down (needing a re-boot) and outlook hasnt' worked right since. So what I have done, is delete the profile and recreate, appear to work for me, but now is locked up again. The auto archive does not appear to removing items from the mailbox. Does anyone hav...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Plotting data in Excel #2
Is it possible to generate a cell range mathmatically using formulas and "Concatenate" in one reference cell, and then use the contents of the cell to define the data range for an X-Y plot? In other words, instead of manually selecting the data range to be plotted using a pick box, I want the reference the contents of a cell that has computed the data range. Thanks -- James ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

importing .pst file #2
I recently tried to import "outlook.pst" from one computer running Office 2003 to another running same. I imported "archive.pst" w/ no problem. When I attempt to import "outlook.pst", I get an error message that says one or more parameters are invalid. Can anyone help? Thanx http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx Try here I got some good answers.. Peace Michael H. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11cee01c3f55d$47da0520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently tried to import "outlook.p...

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Personal Folders #2
Hi, I really need some help........... I made a personal folder and always put my emails in seperate sub-folders after I read them. We have to keep our inbox fairly small or the server statrts yelling at us. PROBLEM! My personal folder is now just over 2gig in size. Outlook 2000 won't let me access the file. It says there is an error and to use the inbox scan to fix it. I use SCANPST.EXE, but even it comes up with a error. Is there a 3rd party program that will let me access this file? Maybe I can go in and delete some things to get it below the 2gig limit. Please email m...

Unable to conect

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

Skinning dialogs? #2
I have 2 questions about CDialog skinning... 1: I'm handling the OnNcPaint and OnNcCalcSize, but always when it is the first time the window is drawn, when I click on the caption, it draws a border around the caption, and then it doesnt happen anymore... No idea why... 2: How can I draw the Min/Max/X buttons also? Hope you can help... Joe B. ...

Tab Name #2
How can I display the tab name on a sheet? I'm looking to have a template that pulls the name of the tab that I assign and displays it in the sheet. Something similar to "&TAB" used in the Header and Footer option. Thanks See Bob Phillips' site for formulas. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:58:02 -0700, Cantru <Cantru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I display the tab name on a sheet? I'm looking to have a template >that pulls the name of the tab that I assign and di...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Imputed Income #2
My company has started documenting Imputed Income for the portion of the premium for our company paid life insurance that paid for the amount over $50,000 as required by the IRS. How do I record that in my paycheck transaction in Money 2004? -- Semper Fi Kevin Campbell See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q35 for how I do it. "Kevin Campbell" <kcampbel@nospam.midmaine.com> wrote in message news:ecdD8HhzDHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > My company has started documenting Imputed Income for the portion of the > premium for our company paid life insurance that paid fo...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

disappearing/reappearing .doc file attachment
I have come across some weird behavior that doesn't make any sense. It occured on a machine running windows xp pro with office xp pro. 1st message - Received an email with an MS Word attachment (file.doc). The message had a note in italics stating that a file had been attached and the message properties also showed that a file was attached, but when the message was opened no attachment is shown and there are no messages saying that it had been removed by outlook. Had the sender resend the attachment. 2nd message - Received and opened message. Attachment icon is there and attachment is op...

Create Lead from Email #2
I have setup a queue to receive incoming emails from leads. I am able to use a workflow to create a new lead for each incoming email. The issue that I have encountered is that the data for these leads are collected by outside vendors and contain additional information. Each vendors format is consistent. I would like to be able to parse the body of the email and populate fields in the lead. I would prefer to do this using CRM but if you know of some good 3rd party tools please let me know. Thanks Chris, We are developing a solution to address our client requirements, reading the email ...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...