Unable to install Outlook 2003

Trying to upgrade a users Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003.  User has a Windows
2000 Prof system.  Runs the the install (upgrade), no errors, but before it
completes the install it seems to abort the upgrade.  When I open Outlook
2000, it's unchanged.  I guess I should be happy for that.  User receives a
"ton" of junk mail and it would be easier for user to manage the junk mail.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

0
B1 (229)

what SP level is the Windows 2000 machine?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head-scratching, b asked this group:

| Trying to upgrade a users Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003.  User has a
| Windows 2000 Prof system.  Runs the the install (upgrade), no errors,
| but before it completes the install it seems to abort the upgrade.
| When I open Outlook 2000, it's unchanged.  I guess I should be happy
| for that.  User receives a "ton" of junk mail and it would be easier
| for user to manage the junk mail. Any info would be greatly
| appreciated.

0
MillyS (3228)
4/9/2005 5:42:46 AM
Thanks for the response.

The Win2000 machine has SP4.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> what SP level is the Windows 2000 machine?
>

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head-scratching, b asked this group:
>
> | Trying to upgrade a users Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003.  User has a
> | Windows 2000 Prof system.  Runs the the install (upgrade), no errors,
> | but before it completes the install it seems to abort the upgrade.
> | When I open Outlook 2000, it's unchanged.  I guess I should be happy
> | for that.  User receives a "ton" of junk mail and it would be easier
> | for user to manage the junk mail. Any info would be greatly
> | appreciated.

0
B1 (229)
4/9/2005 2:09:05 PM
When you say it seems to abort before installation completes, what does the
Windows event viewer say?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, b asked:

| Trying to upgrade a users Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003.  User has a
| Windows 2000 Prof system.  Runs the the install (upgrade), no errors,
| but before it completes the install it seems to abort the upgrade.
| When I open Outlook 2000, it's unchanged.  I guess I should be happy
| for that.  User receives a "ton" of junk mail and it would be easier
| for user to manage the junk mail. Any info would be greatly
| appreciated.

0
MillyS (3228)

Need help restoring (ME) Outlook pst file to (2000 Professional) Outlook
We backed up original (ME) Outlook pst files to CD. Reformatted hard drive and installed 2000 Professional. We are having a hard time restoring the pst files on the new operating system. We have tried dragging and droping the pst file to C\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook, them turning off the read only attributes. This did not work. Next after reading serveral other posts we tried opening outlook. Then going to file\open\personal files. This does not work either. We belive the problem is within the path, as we are receiving a "can not find at this location error&...

Outlook Startup Error
Hi When i try to start Outlook by selecting a profile, i get the following error message Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. An unexpected error has occured. MAPI was unable to load the information service EMSMDB.DLL. be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. what could be causing this problem Barry Hi Barry, Thanks for posting here! Based on my knowledge and research, the error message references Emsmdb.dll, even though the correct DLL, Emsmdb32.dll, reside in the <Winroot>\System directory. The wrong file is being referenced because the Wsock32.dll is no...

Outlook Error #43
When I send/receive, outlook seems to freeze. There is significant hard drive activity. It is very difficult to stop the program (alt-ctl-del - end task. The program keeps running. It seems that the file I intended to send finally went out, but a day later. I ran anti-virus and spy checker, no results. I did get a message that my file c:\documents and settings\name\local settings\application data\microsoftoutlook\outlook.pst "could not be accessed." ...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

Problem w/X axis in chart (2003)
I didn't get any hits with my first post, so let's try again with a different subject line. I'm creating stacked bar charts where I'm tracking data from three points in time (one chart for each reporting period). I started this project a year ago and don't remember how I created the first chart, so I decided to just replicate the first chart, then change the data series. I did so by copying the source data range. For some reason, the second chart has a max capacity of 180% (instead of 100%). When I go to Format Axis, the first chart shows the following values und...

Install 2005 without converting my quicken file
I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. I want to start Money from "Scratch." In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install >Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. Even if you "convert" your Quicken file, you could still run both. I believe that Money only reads your .qdf and does not change it. > >I want to start Money from "Scratch." Tell Money you do not want to convert. It will a...

Inbox repair tool for Outlook
I don't have access to my current. Outlook.pst file which is rather perplexing. I haven't backed this up in forever in a day. So I don't have access to all of the e-mail addresses or dates, etc. They advise me to use the inbox repair tool. I have Windows NT 4.0 and I go into outlook and then go to detect and repair. From this point on I am totally lost. I do know that if I can use this utility, I might be able to retrieve my outlook.pst file. Once I get this utility to work. Then, I go to properties for the file and unclick all defaults. I will then have access to...

How do I email AOL members through outlook?
I am now using outlook. My email account is with bellsouth.net. I can email other people but when I email AOL members I get an error message that says " 550 relaying mail to aol.com is not allowed". I've contacted AOL and they told me they have blocked port 25 due to spam and to change my port number to 587. When I did that, I couldn't send emails to anyone. They then told me to contact Bellsouth. I did and Bellsouth said that they do not help with outlook configuration that I would need to contact Microsoft. Thanks in advance! Mary Unfortunately, most ISPs ref...

Outlook crashing with v3c installed
Hi All Outlook is crashing as mentioned in article KB931270 except with outlook 2007. The supposed fix is part of KB925874 however I am not in one of the affected time zones and the fix is quite intensive meaning updates to Windows, Exchange, CRM Server and Client machines. Can anyone suggest whether I should install the patches in this situation? Ian ------=_NextPart_0001_7CA384A5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Ian, You can still get the hotfix separately. Normally a support incident is free if it is for a hotfix. So, you could open a support incide...

Outlook Freezing #2
Hi I am migrating users from one exchange server account to a new exchange server. I have one user who is running Windows 2000 with Office 2000 SR-1. He is connecting using VPN. We removed his old exchange account and added the new account, when Outlook is opened all of his new e-mails appear in the inbox, however the application locks up and does not recover. Any idea's on why this might be occuring? Thanks! ...

home-cinema-installers.co.uk home cinema installation
if you need a superb 'home cinema installation' (http://www.home-cinema-installers.co.uk) then we give you a outstanding finnish. Thank You -- Addessapelamb ...

Outlook 2003
I've been using Outlook 2003 for years, but after miagrating to Vista, the following problem cropped up. When I try to send some emails in Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: Task 'Main-Sending' reported error(0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' (note: "Main" is my primary pop3/SMTP server). My ISP says it's Microsoft's problem, not something at the server, and they have no idea. I searched the MS website, but did not get any hits on the error. It only affects *some* of the em...

Email Accounts Corrupted in Outlook 2003?
So, I have 3 smtp accounts set up.. Outlook isn't checking one of them, Even when I delete it and put it back in. (But, for some reason, checks the other two). Outlook has allowed me to do this previously. Furthermore, when clicking on the Accounts button next to send on a new email - I get "Unable to Complete the Operation-A Fatal Error has occured in Outlook". I am, however able to send from the default account. I have done the following: -Deleted the Account and set it up again -Deleted all Accounts, and set them up again -Repaired office -Removed and Re-Installed ...

Very slow start of outlook 2003
Here is the setup: XP Professional, Pentium 2.7 and 512 MB of ram. Outlook 2003 takes what seems forever to open up and so far this is what we have tried: Run Ad aware (nothing serious found) defragged the hard drive, computer is free of viruses, cleaned up the startup programs and deleted or archived old messages however outlook still very slow. Any suggestions? What version of Exchange are you running? "SSI" wrote: > Here is the setup: XP Professional, Pentium 2.7 and 512 MB of ram. Outlook > 2003 takes what seems forever to open up and so far this is what we have >...

font installation data
How can I find out which application (not which user) installed a given font on my PC? I do NOT want to know if the font is not an original Windows font at all, I want to know why and when it was installed. On 24/12/2009 11:19, Horst Heinrich Dittgens wrote: > How can I find out which application (not which user) installed a given > font on my PC? > > I do NOT want to know if the font is not an original Windows font at > all, I want to know why and when it was installed. There is no standard way of recording this data. You may be able to get the date from th...

Exchange 2003 licensing issue
I purchased an open license of exchange 2003 and 50 cal's In control panel > Administrative tools > Licensing it has a yellow triangle next to exchange. It says Per device or per user purchased : 0 Per Device or Per User Allocated : 49 Per Server Purchased : 0 Per Server Reached : 35 I had a few people today saying they could not get into their email. While on the subject I purchased 3 open licenses of windows 2003 server and 50 cals. The licensing tool says Per device or per user purchased : 0 Per Device or Per User Allocated : 0 Per Server Purchased : 300 Per Server Reached : ...

Numbering bugs when saving Word 2007 as Word 97-2003
Using both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on Windows XP OS Okay, I've been dealing with this problem for awhile now. but it causes a lot of extra work. Half our staff use Word 2003 (home workers) and the other half have upgraded to Word 2007. I use both Word 2003 (telecommuting) and Word 2007 (office) and I do the finalizing of these files here. We share large-document files among us, so we save the files as Word 97-2003 so everyone can access. This results in numbering getting completely out of whack after you save it and reopne. Also the heading formatting is lost sometimes (b...

problems in mailing from word via outlook all 2007
I cannot mail anything from any program, outlook 2007 does not start if i click on send email. Also i cannot mail from word, excel etc. There is no error message. I had the same problem once in office 2003 and had to run fixmapi. I cannot find it on my computer now (vista and office 2007) Is there an other way to rebuild MAPI Thanks Hans hans <hans_jeucken@hotmail.com> wrote: > I cannot mail anything from any program, outlook 2007 does not start > if i click on send email. > Also i cannot mail from word, excel etc. There is no error message. Unless Outlook is running, ...

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Auto Except install
I want to install this, but will I be prompted to reboot the server? Do I need to do this off hours? thanks Hi Installing the Auto Accept Agent does not require a server reboot. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "spepi" <spepi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3E74ABD-4701-492C-8DA4-BDCDF18511A4@microsoft.com... >I want to install this, but will I be prompted to reboot the server? > > Do I need to do this off hours? > > thanks > Thanks Mark. Now t...

Unable to open calendar

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook Email #12
I am hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am trying to use Outlook as my email server through Comcast. It initially worked. Now my emails no longer come to Outlook, but stay at the Comcast Webmail. As far as I can tell, I have everything configured correctly in Outlook. Any ideas why this is not working? Ann Nope - have you tried looking at your account settings as laid out by Comcast on their website? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my per...