Unable to import a pst file

I exported a pst file.  Rebuilt the laptop.  I then tried
to import the pst file but got the "Properties for this
Information Service must be defined prior to use."
followed by the error message "...You do not have the
permissions ..."  I have made sure that the file is not
read only but I still get the error.  Any suggestions will
be greatly appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

Make sure the file is not marked as read only and that you have read/write
permissions on it.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"Jim Havens" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I exported a pst file.  Rebuilt the laptop.  I then tried
> to import the pst file but got the "Properties for this
> Information Service must be defined prior to use."
> followed by the error message "...You do not have the
> permissions ..."  I have made sure that the file is not
> read only but I still get the error.  Any suggestions will
> be greatly appreciated.

0
Roady
6/24/2004 4:46:40 PM
I took ownership of the file as administrator, set
permissions to full.  I worked!  Thanks

Jim

0
anonymous (74722)

Install 2005 without converting my quicken file
I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. I want to start Money from "Scratch." In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install >Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. Even if you "convert" your Quicken file, you could still run both. I believe that Money only reads your .qdf and does not change it. > >I want to start Money from "Scratch." Tell Money you do not want to convert. It will a...

"stronger" or "more powerful" repair for PST files than SCANPST?
I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003 crashing frequently and unpredictably and with Outlook sometimes hanging while starting up. In the latter case, I need to use Task Manager to stop the Outlook.pst process and then restart. I run SCANPST very frequently, several times a day, because of all the crashes. Sometimes Outlook stalls on startup right after I've run SCANPST. Other times, Outlook crashes after only a few minutes of usage, right after a SCANPST. So I'm wondering if one of the expensive commercial Outlook repair utilities can fix my problem(s). I would have to pay f...

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

Unable to open calendar

Can't sync DRM files on MP3 player
Is use WMP 11 since a while to sync downloaded music files from napster to my MP3 player (so it can play DRM files). But for some reason i now get a sync problem in WMP "C00D1236 - cannot sync the file? This problem only occurs with DRM files although i also can play those files with WMP 11 ?! ...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

Outlook 2002 pst errors
For the past several months, my emails through my ISP are not being sent to my Outlook inbox. When trying to determine the problem, I receive an error message stating, " Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\owner\local settings\Application data\microsoft\ outlook\ outlook.pst. Can someone assist me with this problem? Thanks Run scanpst.exe against to check it for errors. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonym...

will not write file to server
when i try to do save as to my nevell server i get them message file is read only. there is a hot fix for this but i don't know how to get it can someone help thanks pete The MSKB article that discusses this problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];824424 suggests ways to contact MS. I don't know of any other ways. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Retrieving default values specified from XML Schema file
Hi All, I have an VS.NET 2003 app which will be processing XML files, some of which will have empty elements (for example, <Item />). I have an XSD file which should supply default values, but I am not able to read these plugged in value using an XMLDocument object. The validation is working fine--it's just not providing any default values. Has anybody tried this? Am I must be missing something? This is one of those that "should be simple..." Here's a simplifed version of the code and XML files: XmlDocument xmldoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlSchemaCollection my...

how do i import a psd image
I have a logo to import, it has rounded bottom corners. the box behind is white and this shows when the logo is place onto a coloured background. is there a way of importing a psd piece of art into word or publisher? That's a Photoshop format. If you have Photoshop, save it as a different type, such as .gif. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "CKESSEXGOV" <CKESSEXGOV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D112647-6AED-4DEF-8C06-38270011F6CD@microsoft.com... >I have a logo to impo...

What is the maximum number of users that can share Excel File?
According to the Excel Help file, all users on your network, unless you restrict the number. "pfine" wrote: > ...

Version 3.0c with Update Rollup 2
Hi all According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927751/en-us the updated files in the CRM client with Update Rollup 2 should have a datestamp of 15-Mar-2007. I have been testing deployment of the rollup on a PC which initially had the "compatibility update" version of the client installed (CRM_V3C_CLIENT.ISO) and the updated files have a datestamp of 1-Jun-2007. Is this normal? Thanks - Adam PS The file version of the updated files is 3.0.5300.1558, as expected. ...

Lost Address Book when importing to Outlook
I recently installed and started using Outlook 2003. I decided to import my address book from from Outlook Express 6. I did what I thought was the right thing... File>Import and Export>Import Internet Mail and Addresses>Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and the radio button for Do not import duplicate items. It imported my messages but not my address book, so I went ahead and manually entered the information for my contacts in Outlook. (Only 5 of them thank goodness so I remembered their info). When I went back to look at Outlook Express my address book was gone! I have another frie...

unable to scroll the page

Saving a worksheet as a jpg file?
I know how to save a chart as a jpg file, but I don't know how to save a worksheet as a jpg file. Can anyone tell me how? (The reason I want to do this is to send a worksheet to a Mac user who cannot [and who has no interest in learning how to] open Excel files, but who can open jpg files.) Many thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Use the Excel Camera Tool to take a picture of a pre-selected range on a worksheet. Copy the pictu...

importing .pst file #2
I recently tried to import "outlook.pst" from one computer running Office 2003 to another running same. I imported "archive.pst" w/ no problem. When I attempt to import "outlook.pst", I get an error message that says one or more parameters are invalid. Can anyone help? Thanx http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx Try here I got some good answers.. Peace Michael H. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11cee01c3f55d$47da0520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently tried to import "outlook.p...

Importing an Excel file into Money
I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could download directly into Money (or Quicken) there is a monthly charge to do this. I don't want to use Money or Quicken to pay my bills, simply to organize my finances better. I am able to download my account data into Excel. Is there anyway I can import from Excel into Money? I tried doing this using the import feature, but nothing happened when I selected the Excel file and clicked import (no error messages or anything). In microsoft.public.money, Cruzin wrote: >I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could >...

"No internet accounts were found to import"
seems to be common problem Outlook2K - but i haven't found an answer i want to import an O/Express (.iaf) email account - dead easy on my home machine using Tools/Accounts/import - but my works network machine doesn't have Tools/Accounts - it has Tools/Services so i tried File/Import/ImportInternetMailAccount and without even looking it responds: "No internet accounts were found to import" anyone know how to import an email account ? Can you switch the machine to Internet Mail Only mode: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm "JethroUK�" <rep...

Error Message when Importing Contacts
When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stating "The ActiveX control did not download properly. The import is being stopped. Any suggestions? could be a number of things including browser security settings, permissions on the local machine, firewall issues. more details about your environment (o/s and patch level) would be helpful "Bedrock Nicki" <Bedrock Nicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4469B908-78A6-4749-89F0-28252FD0A0E8@microsoft.com... > When trying to do an import I get an IE error message immediately stati...

Unable to conect

Importing Tab files
Hello, Here's some odd behavior from Excel. I need to import a tab file with the following two requirements: req 1. Newlines within quotation marks are preserved as part of the record req 2. All fields are imported as text Now, if I do file->open and go through the import wizard, req 2 is met because I can select all fields and set them to text. However, it splits records at newlines within quotation marks no matter what I try. If, on the other hand, I drag and drop the tab file onto Excel, it preserves newlines, but there's no way (as far as I can tell) to force it to input ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...