UNABLE TO FWD ITEMS TO DELETED ITEMS

Can't delete an item from the inbox or anywhere else
except the DELETED box. Receive the error: The messaging
interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem
persists restart Outlook. Last date known that could
successfully delete items 12/12/03. Don't know what
happened at the time as I was called in after the event.

Have restarted Outlook - no luck.
Checked Knowledge base - recommended installing SP1. As it
already exists on ws,won't let me overide existing SP1.
Possible causes as per Knowledge base not the causes in
this instance.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than running SP1.
Thanks Liz

0
anonymous (74717)

It sounds like you may have a problem with the Deleted Items folder. I
would create a new Personal Folder File (.pst) and set it as the default
delivery point. Then move all of the old data from the old .pst file into
the new one by importing it or simply dragging and dropping it into the new
..pst file. Let me know if you need more information on exactly how to do
this.

I hope this information is helpful.

Robert Findlay
Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications

--------------------
>From: "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: UNABLE TO FWD ITEMS TO DELETED ITEMS
>Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:30:50 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>Can't delete an item from the inbox or anywhere else
>except the DELETED box. Receive the error: The messaging
>interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem
>persists restart Outlook. Last date known that could
>successfully delete items 12/12/03. Don't know what
>happened at the time as I was called in after the event.
>
>Have restarted Outlook - no luck.
>Checked Knowledge base - recommended installing SP1. As it
>already exists on ws,won't let me overide existing SP1.
>Possible causes as per Knowledge base not the causes in
>this instance.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions other than running SP1.
>Thanks Liz

0
RFINDLAY (147)
1/23/2004 2:12:20 PM
Liz,
I'am having the same problem for the past several weeks and have foun
no cure. The suggestion that you got was different than what wa
suggested to me. I'am on the verge of installing Office 2003, but stil
wait for someone to give me a fix that works. I will respond to you
tech with my incident number and see what happens

Robert,

I have been having the same problem for the past several weeks. Ref
Incident#SRZ04040122000677. My incident was closed after Paul Riple
suggested downloading of SP 2&3, which altho installed succesfully, wa
never indicated in my Outlook system information, he then suggested
phone call which I have not made yet. Still waiting for a fix tha
works.

Richar

I am not sure the article that Paul was referencing about SP2 & 3 is
appropriate for your issues. The best thing for you to do would probably be
to call the support number he gave you and talk to one of our Support
Professionals. But  in the meantime here is some information that may help
you to troubleshoot the issue yourself,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;283175. This
artilce has multiple things you can try to try and resolve your issue.

Also here is a link to SP2,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=96df48a9-7638-429e-
816e-35f16f6528ca&DisplayLang=en, and SP3,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c011c70-47d0-4306-
9fa4-8e92d36332fe&DisplayLang=en. It probably wouldnt hurt to update to
these service packs.

I hope this information is helpful.

Robert Findlay
Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications

--------------------
>From: Richard <Richard.10tz2s@outlookforum.com>
>Subject: Re: UNABLE TO FWD ITEMS TO DELETED ITEMS
>Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:08:57 -0600
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook

Robert,

>I have been having the same problem for the past several weeks. Ref.
Incident#SRZ04040122000677. My incident was closed after Paul Ripley
suggested downloading of SP 2&3, which altho installed succesfully, was
never indicated in my Outlook system information, he then suggested a
phone call which I have not made yet. Still waiting for a fix that
works.

>Richard

RFINDLAY (147)
1/30/2004 2:59:17 PM
LIZ,

Thought you might be interested in a fix for this problem that worke
for me and I might add, I discovered this by accident.
Select the tools drop down menu and select EMPTY "DELETED ITEM
FOLDER." After folder is emptied go to INBOX and begin deleting thos
messages. This worked for me. Suggest that if this works for you tha
you notify your Tech at MS as I will.

Ric

Robert,

This worked for me, select Tools, Empty "Deleted Items" folder, afte
folder is emptied, go to inbox and begin deleting.
Ric

Error when more than 60 items on X-axis
Hello, I want to present three line-curves over a number of weeks. And I have the following code in my VB-program: ReDim WeekAxis(1 To iLastWeek) As Integer ..... (calculate ranges) ' Create Chart on new Worksheet (Left, Top, Width, Height) Set ch = Worksheets("TempGraph").ChartObjects.Add(5, 5, 600, 350) ch.Chart.ChartWizard Source:=Worksheets("TempGraph").Range("a60:t62"), _ gallery:=xlLine, Title:="Deliverables versus time" ch.Chart.SetSourceData Source:=Worksheets("TempGraph").Range("A60"). _ ...

Unable to open calendar

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Unable to conect

Long Delay when viewing inbox items
We have a combination of Outlook 2000 and 2002 connected to exchange 2000. All Outlook 2002 clients experience long delays when viewing mail items. So when they click on a mail item sometimes it takes 30 seconds before it shows up in the preview pane. This behaviour occurs for all message types. I have installed the latest service packs on all machines and servers but the delay is still there. Can anyone help please? Regards, Rayyan Have you tried disabling the instant messenger integration? (see tools | options | other) "Rayyan Sultani" <rayyan@seeingmachines.com> wr...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

make item inactive
hi , will making item inactive in HQ makes it inactive in stores automaticaly ,if not how can i make a group of items inactive in stores from HQ.( will issueing worksheet no.250 do it). thanks best reqards In HQ, go into Maintenance Mode and then go to WIZARDS and select Inventory Wizard. From the list of dropdowns select TASK 210: Make Items Inactive. Specify your selection criteria. This will make the items inactive in HQ and in Store Operations. Scott "BACHA11" wrote: > hi , > will making item inactive in HQ makes it inactive in stores automaticaly ,if > not h...

FWD: Prove this correction pack
--himcronhnkifjzir Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zmfbyufsj"; type="multipart/alternative" --zmfbyufsj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wuchlnmlwixkjf" --wuchlnmlwixkjf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilit...

DateTimeFormat.MonthNames contains 13 items???
Hmz... I just found a little article on the Daily WTF and tried one of the samples. And then I found that DateTimeFormat.MonthNames is actually 13 long... WHY?! Is it to support different calendars? Is it to support 1 based indexes in VB? I cannot wrap my head around it... the article in question: http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/Helpful-SQL-Helpers.aspx The simplest solution I found: public static string[] GetMonthNames(int startMonth) { var months = new List<string>(DateTimeFormatInfo.CurrentInfo.MonthNames.Take(12)); return months.Skip(startMonth).C...

Finding and deleting a specific message in exchange 2003
I have a user who "accidentally" sent personal information to the entire Connecticut office in an email. At her behest I am looking for instructions on how to search and remove the email from everyone's mailbox. I would like to search by keyword as the subject is unique but size and date would work fine also. She has already used the recall message feature in outlook but that only worked for the folks who hadn't opened the email yet. We only have one exchange server so it shouldn't be too difficult. Normally my exchange admin would fix this but he's on vac...

In Outlook, a read receipt message wont send and wont delete
I've just installed Outlook 2003 and set up an e-mail account without a proper Reply E-mail address - it was blank. Then I received an e-mail requesting a read receipt and I let it go. But now my internet provider won't send the message - I'm getting: Task '...- Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 553 From: address not verified; see http://www.rogershelp.com/verify-email' and also error ...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

counting the number an item appears
I am trying to place a number next to an item for every time it appears, any suggestions? ex: apple 1 orange 1 grape 1 apple 2 apple 3 orange 2 kiwi 1 Assuming your data starts in cell A1, enter this formula in B1 and copy down as needed: =COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "klh84" <klh84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48F067A2-BC8F-4DE2-A1BF-C8F0F5550A25@microsoft.com... >I am trying to place a number next to an item for every time it appears, >any > suggestions? > > ex...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

Can I delete a file that is in use
I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks You can try using the task manager. Bring up the manager and go to processes and stop it from running. You can try to delete from Safe Mo...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...

Rule to delete messages with subject line
Hello, We have 200+ users that get an email from an outside source. It is legit mail so we want this to continue, however, we also would like a rule that deletes these emails from all users inboxs after a week or so. Our users do not do a good job of cleaning up after themselves. Is there a way to do this globally instead of one by one with outlook rules? Thanks! Chris Create a mailbox manager policy in Recipient Policies in ESM. You can then set an age on all mail and have it automatically deleted from users mailboxes. Oliver In news:0CE691FA-E17A-43D1-840A-24E852A67A14@micros...

unable to send mail
This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I configured Ex2k3 correctly. I seem to get no errors running smtpdiag. However, when I try to send an e-mail from my internal admin account to an external account, Outlook Express complains: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server... Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay... I'd appreciate your help. In news:8E5CEE3F-2B99-41A8-ABA7-B0F90EA7099F@microsoft.com, bill tie <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I conf...