Unable to Find Server when using DSL

When using outlook express for online mail or newsgroups,
I get an error message "The server cannot be found"
code:800ccc0d.

I have re-checked the server names, etc.  I have also
renewed the winsocks (was getting that error before.

Check your e-mail server settings and/or  firewall settings and see if they
are configured correctly.

For further assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft
Office Outlook forum.

Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.

Here is the link for the right forum

Good Luck!

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Backup and Restore

-----
"alan" <alanpowell1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When using outlook express for online mail or newsgroups,
> I get an error message "The server cannot be found"
> code:800ccc0d.
>
> I have re-checked the server names, etc.  I have also
> renewed the winsocks (was getting that error before.

0
Roady
7/11/2004 7:37:44 PM
I am having the same problem with the regular version of
Outlook also.  Have checked the server settings, using
different email accounts.  It says I should connect using
the IE settings, which uses a high speed modem as a
network adaptor, but no luck

icp=InternetExplorer

>Good Luck!
>
>--
>Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>www.howto-outlook.com
>
>Tips of the month:
>-Backup and Restore
>-Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
>-----
>"alan" <alanpowell1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> When using outlook express for online mail or
newsgroups,
>> I get an error message "The server cannot be found"
>> code:800ccc0d.
>>
>> I have re-checked the server names, etc.  I have also
>> renewed the winsocks (was getting that error before.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
7/11/2004 8:23:32 PM
What is the full error you get when you do a send/receive? Are you sure
Outlook hasn't been denied access to the Internet by your firewall?

--

>I am having the same problem with the regular version of
> Outlook also.  Have checked the server settings, using
> different email accounts.  It says I should connect using
> the IE settings, which uses a high speed modem as a
> network adaptor, but no luck

0
Roady

Find 3rd Record
Hi there, I need to find the third record in a query. This is my basic select query: SELECT tblGuests.GID, tblGuests.Date FROM tblGuests ORDER BY tblGuests.GID, tblGuests.Date; There are several thousand records in tblGuests, some Guests (GID) have just one record, others have 20 or more. I've thought of DateDiff function but that doesn't seem to work. I have also thought that I need to find only records where there are more than 2 records for a certain GID so I can filter out the Guests who have only visited 1 or 2 times using the count function but have no idea how to do t...

Finding the path of Word 2007 on my computer
I have XP Pro and Word 2007. I am attempting to find the path of Word 2007 on my computer. How do I do that? Where do I look? Thank you. On 4/6/2010 6:49 PM, moon wrote: > I have XP Pro and Word 2007. I am attempting to find the path of Word 2007 on > my computer. How do I do that? Where do I look? > > Thank you. YOu didn't say if you prefered vb.net or C#. You normally would never need to find this. You could do it with this code however (use a valid file to test however): static void Main(string[] args) { Process p = new Process(); p.StartInfo....

How do I cut and paste using a macro....
Hello. I'm having trouble creating a macro that will let me cut postcodes from one cell and paste into another cell. I would appreciate if anybody can help me. What I have, is a large excel spreadsheet with a couple of thousand names and addresses. The address fields start in column B through to G. Each line of the address should be in a separate cell within each row, but the postcodes have all ended up in the same cell as the last line of the address. I need to cut the postcodes out of these cells and paste them into column H which is empty. The addresses are different lengths, leavi...

Windows update just does not find any patches for windows
I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc advisor and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. RonRPh wrote: > I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc > advisor > and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. > Any > thoughts ...

Outlook 2002 SP2 automatic update of server rules
Laides and Gentlemen, after installing outlook 2002 on the computer I have the problem that the generated rules are automatically updated if the rule wizard is closed. Due to the big amount of rules I am using it is not possible to activate all rules on the server. With the previous version of outlook it was possible to select between automatic or manual update of the server. In the actual one this is not possilbe within the rule wizard. Is there a way to keep oll rules on the client and prevent this update of the server? Due to the fact that the client is up and running 24h / 7 da...

Using Money 98 in a virtual PC
I have used Money 98 for a good many years and am attached to it. It has run in 98, 2000, and XP without a hitch. I now have a 64 bit Windows 7 machine with a virtual PC installed which operates on XP as its operating system. I have my Money 98 installed there, but in that environment it runs with glacial slowness and I don't know why. All of the other apps I have in that VPC run just fine. I did notice that instead of using My Money.mny it uses My Money XP.mny. I can't imagine why that would cause slowing. Can anyone tell me where to look for answers? Thanks In microsoft....

find and replace, within workbook
Is there a registry hack excel, find and replace, within workbook I do Ctrl-F to search and get to the Find and Replace dialogue box and select in Excel 2003 SP2 the Options > > button. It will expand the dialogue box a bit more. After the expansion, it displays the three drop down fields and the two check boxes. I would like to set it so it searches by default Within: Workbook instead of Within: Sheet (the default). I have multiple workbooks and would like to search for all of them. Is there a registry hack to set to 0 or 1 that will change from Sheet to Find and Replace Within: ...

Using Autocorrect to remove spaces
Hi, I am looking at how to remove extra spaces, and have been thinking about using Autocorrect. I have been reading another thread which suggested; For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = WorksheetFunction.Trim(cell.Text) Next What I have been using is; With Application.AutoCorrect .AddReplacement "Want", "Replace" End With Works well within a loop changing any "Replace" text with "Want". Something I didn't get Substitute to do correctly within a loop. What I can't get AutoCorrect to do though is work with spaces, so...

Project Server 2007 Task Update Status
Does anyone know of a way for me to setup a view that will enable my resource managers to view the status of task updates that have been submitted to the PM? We require PM approval of task updates before timesheets can be submitted, and I would like the resource managers to see whether thier folks have submitted updates (imported from thier timesheets) to the PM and whether those update requests are pending, approved or rejected. I can find any fields availabe in the resource assignments view that show (change requested, submission status, etc.) for tasks, nor do I see anything that I ca...

Unable to open calendar

Finding the user Postmaster@mydomain.com
I am trying to find the user that has the smtp address postmaster the search in ADUC only finds primary email addresses if i look under email other it will not find it, does anyone have any ideas? in a new email message in Outlook, type in the address and execute a ctrl K...it should resolve to the name of the mailbox that contains that address... "charles" <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A67D4EAE-5F7F-49E5-9022-C5EB9CCFF84A@microsoft.com... > I am trying to find the user that has the smtp address postmaster the search > in ADUC only finds ...

Removing Exchange 5.5 Servers
I've migrated to Exchange 2003 about two years ago. However, the two exchange 5.5 server we use to use are still listed in exchnage manager on the exchnage 2003 box. The orignal exchange 5.5 server we migrated was shutdown two years ago since hten. I tried turning back on but was unable to connect to the domain. It was a NT4 box and we're running a 2000 domain. It stated unable to connect to domain controller. in the past I had to use a host file to connect from the NT4 boxes since rebuilding the domain controller that holds all the master roles. I also have an exchnage 5...

in reply outlook, can't find signatures? how to put it back?
Hi I screwed something up here while trying to set up a signature. I went to reply and when i go to auto text there is no signature! Just signature company. Earlier I tried to apply a signature but my name kept coming on? So I remove my name and initials from Autotext (i don't know why) signatures disapeared. I replaced the init. and name but no change. I want to put a signature on some reply email. Help!! And thanks Brad Bylsma. P/S is there a good manual that looks at things from a, how can a newbie screw up stand point? Or better yet how to restore it to before you screwed i...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

will not write file to server
when i try to do save as to my nevell server i get them message file is read only. there is a hot fix for this but i don't know how to get it can someone help thanks pete The MSKB article that discusses this problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];824424 suggests ways to contact MS. I don't know of any other ways. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

using for-next index in range variable
MSDN seems to say that range values must be written in the A1 format. I need to compare a value in column D (sample IDs) of worksheet import and compare it to column A (location) of worksheet data. If the values are equal I need to set a cell in worksheet data equal to the sum of columns I:M in the same row that the sample ID = the location. Will something like this work: If worksheet(import).cell[D"i"] = worksheet(data).cell[A"j"] then worksheet(data).cell[k,j] = sum(worksheet(import).[I"i":M"i"] Is there a different, perhaps easier way to do this? ...

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

Run a Query using VBA without User Interface
Hello, I have a VBA Macro that Opens an Append Query (see below), which works great, except for the end user has to answer the following MsAccess prompts: 1) You are about to run an append query that will modify data in your table. (They have to click Yes) 2) You are about to append 1 row(s). (They have to click Yes) I'd rather them not have to answer either question. Instead I'd like the Append Query to run and do what it's asked without any human intervention. Can this be done? Please help! VBA Macro Code: DoCmd.OpenQuery "tblTask_List Query", acViewNorm...

How many virtual server Exchange supports?
In 4 nodes cluster environment, how many virtual server Exchange 2003 supports? From 329208.KB.EN-US - XADM: Exchange Virtual Server Limitations on Exchange 2000 Clusters and "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 enforce Active/Passive scenarios on Exchange clusters that have more than two nodes. This means that on a four-node Exchange 2000 cluster or a four-node Exchange 2003 cluster, only three Exchange virtual servers can be created, and only one Exchange virtual server can be hosted per node. " amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email ...

Using "OR" in an IF statement
I am trying to use the command OR in an If statement and I am having no luck. In Lotus 123 I could string commands by using #OR# to produce a common result. For example: =IF(J3="INVEST" #OR# IF(K3 = "INVEST",1,"NO")) I can't seem to make this work in Excel. Can anyone provide me with a correction? Doug, Like this =IF(OR(J3="Invest",K3="Invest"),"The true condition","the false condition") If the true or false condition is numeric then drop the quotes -- Mike When competing hypotheses are other...

unable to scroll the page