Unable to find email server

Hello,

One of the computers on the LAN gets the following error:
'Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0D):
'Unable to find e-mail server.  Please verify the server
information in your account'

The Internet Explorer is also unable to connect to the
Internet.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lee

It sounds like the network connection isn't working. Have you verified the
network card, cable, port, and router are all OK? This doesn't sound like
just an Outlook problem.

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Lee" <lee_maclean@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> One of the computers on the LAN gets the following error:
> 'Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0D):
> 'Unable to find e-mail server.  Please verify the server
> information in your account'
>
> The Internet Explorer is also unable to connect to the
> Internet.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

0
patrickareed (498)

Find 3rd Record
Hi there, I need to find the third record in a query. This is my basic select query: SELECT tblGuests.GID, tblGuests.Date FROM tblGuests ORDER BY tblGuests.GID, tblGuests.Date; There are several thousand records in tblGuests, some Guests (GID) have just one record, others have 20 or more. I've thought of DateDiff function but that doesn't seem to work. I have also thought that I need to find only records where there are more than 2 records for a certain GID so I can filter out the Guests who have only visited 1 or 2 times using the count function but have no idea how to do t...

Finding the path of Word 2007 on my computer
I have XP Pro and Word 2007. I am attempting to find the path of Word 2007 on my computer. How do I do that? Where do I look? Thank you. On 4/6/2010 6:49 PM, moon wrote: > I have XP Pro and Word 2007. I am attempting to find the path of Word 2007 on > my computer. How do I do that? Where do I look? > > Thank you. YOu didn't say if you prefered vb.net or C#. You normally would never need to find this. You could do it with this code however (use a valid file to test however): static void Main(string[] args) { Process p = new Process(); p.StartInfo....

Windows update just does not find any patches for windows
I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc advisor and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. RonRPh wrote: > I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc > advisor > and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. > Any > thoughts ...

disposable email address service?
Is there a disposable email address service that integrates with outlook to some degree so I don't have to log-in via a browser to generate a new address? Plus, after using a web site to generate different addresses, I found it hard to keep track which address was given to whom. Although the service I use allows me to attach a note to each email address, there is no way to quickly view the list of addresses and the notes attached to them. I have to drill down each address to see the note, and doing this over a web site is painfully slow. Google is your friend. -- Milly Staple...

find and replace, within workbook
Is there a registry hack excel, find and replace, within workbook I do Ctrl-F to search and get to the Find and Replace dialogue box and select in Excel 2003 SP2 the Options > > button. It will expand the dialogue box a bit more. After the expansion, it displays the three drop down fields and the two check boxes. I would like to set it so it searches by default Within: Workbook instead of Within: Sheet (the default). I have multiple workbooks and would like to search for all of them. Is there a registry hack to set to 0 or 1 that will change from Sheet to Find and Replace Within: ...

Project Server 2007 Task Update Status
Does anyone know of a way for me to setup a view that will enable my resource managers to view the status of task updates that have been submitted to the PM? We require PM approval of task updates before timesheets can be submitted, and I would like the resource managers to see whether thier folks have submitted updates (imported from thier timesheets) to the PM and whether those update requests are pending, approved or rejected. I can find any fields availabe in the resource assignments view that show (change requested, submission status, etc.) for tasks, nor do I see anything that I ca...

Stuck emails
I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How do I delete this email? have you tried a "shift delete"? have you tried deleting it in OWA? are these users running Outlook in cached mode? "Matt Wood" <Matt Wood@discussions.microsoft....

Unable to open calendar

HELP: Heavy Computer Slowdown during Outlook 2003 email download.
Hi, I have Win Pro XP (with Service Pack 1) and Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360 SP1) Email System is based on POP3 and SMTP I use Spamnet as antispam software (a Outlook plugin) and Trend Micro Internet Security as an Antivirus. No other plugins or addins on Outlook. When I download emails, all other open programas aver very very slow and non responsive. It does not freez but it is almost imposible to work on the computer... al I can do is wait until all emails are downloaded. Then I have control again. ALso, it takes about 15 minutes every morning to download 2MB of emails. I uninstalled SpamNe...

Outlook Email #12
I am hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am trying to use Outlook as my email server through Comcast. It initially worked. Now my emails no longer come to Outlook, but stay at the Comcast Webmail. As far as I can tell, I have everything configured correctly in Outlook. Any ideas why this is not working? Ann Nope - have you tried looking at your account settings as laid out by Comcast on their website? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my per...

Finding the user Postmaster@mydomain.com
I am trying to find the user that has the smtp address postmaster the search in ADUC only finds primary email addresses if i look under email other it will not find it, does anyone have any ideas? in a new email message in Outlook, type in the address and execute a ctrl K...it should resolve to the name of the mailbox that contains that address... "charles" <charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A67D4EAE-5F7F-49E5-9022-C5EB9CCFF84A@microsoft.com... > I am trying to find the user that has the smtp address postmaster the search > in ADUC only finds ...

Removing Exchange 5.5 Servers
I've migrated to Exchange 2003 about two years ago. However, the two exchange 5.5 server we use to use are still listed in exchnage manager on the exchnage 2003 box. The orignal exchange 5.5 server we migrated was shutdown two years ago since hten. I tried turning back on but was unable to connect to the domain. It was a NT4 box and we're running a 2000 domain. It stated unable to connect to domain controller. in the past I had to use a host file to connect from the NT4 boxes since rebuilding the domain controller that holds all the master roles. I also have an exchnage 5...

in reply outlook, can't find signatures? how to put it back?
Hi I screwed something up here while trying to set up a signature. I went to reply and when i go to auto text there is no signature! Just signature company. Earlier I tried to apply a signature but my name kept coming on? So I remove my name and initials from Autotext (i don't know why) signatures disapeared. I replaced the init. and name but no change. I want to put a signature on some reply email. Help!! And thanks Brad Bylsma. P/S is there a good manual that looks at things from a, how can a newbie screw up stand point? Or better yet how to restore it to before you screwed i...

Windows Server Backup
I want to go through the restoration process of Exchange date - the entire database, individual mailboxes, emails etc. My lab setup is as follows (all in a vmware machine):- Windows Server 2008 Exchange 2007 (32-bit/sp1/eval) Email flow etc works fine. I've taken a full backup using windows server backup. When I come to restore the backup in the Select recovery type screen the option for Applications is greyed out. It says that you can recover applications that have registered with Windows Server Backup. I need to find out how to get Exchange to register with Window...

will not write file to server
when i try to do save as to my nevell server i get them message file is read only. there is a hot fix for this but i don't know how to get it can someone help thanks pete The MSKB article that discusses this problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];824424 suggests ways to contact MS. I don't know of any other ways. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

Relinking tables to a network server
I'm trying to relink tables using code to a network server. The problem is that the users all have different letters for their server. I'm using the following code: Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Dim b As Boolean Dim strPath As String Dim dbPath As String Dim dbname As String On Error GoTo RelinkTables_Error b = True Set db = CurrentDb dbname = "AboveDB_be.mdb" dbPath = "\\eastfps00\accesswork\" strPath = dbPath & dbname 'strPath = DB_PATH & DB_NAME 'Relink each table's connection string For ...

Print Advanced Find Criteria
I have users who have requested that when they print the advanced find results they would like to also have the advanced find criteria printed. This would enable them to know what specifically the printout consists of when viewed at a later time. Any ideas? Hi Steve, Print screens cannot be customized. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "Steve Bambauer" wrote: > I have users who have requested that when they pr...

PGP email
I need to provide secure email fr some of my users. I have exchange 2003 stnd. Does anyone have any recommendations? anything in exchange that can do this? ...

unable to scroll the page

Can not remove Public Folder Store in Front End Server
Hello, When trying to delete a PF Store in a new FE server you get the error: "... Can't ...contains replicas ... move to another server ..." Selecting 'move all replicas' and waiting a day doesn't help. Dismounting the Store, and deleting the edb and stm files and remounting to delete doesn't work. No Mailbox Databases point to this PF Store, I changed the Mailbox Database PF 'affinity' to another BE Server. I've setup 5+ FE servers over the years, so not my first shot at this. But, it is the first time I've done it since SP2 was out...

cannot see email progess anymore not showing ex. 3 of 25 emails
outlook 2007. after clicking on the send receive button the email progress does not show anymore at the bottom right page. the in box used to show the progress of the number of emails downloaded. ecample 3 of 84 emails ...