I am going to try one more time to get this fixed. My Outlook 2003 has been
unable to download emails. While it is trying, a small box in the tray
section shows up and it states that it is trying to synchronize folders.
After a time out time Outlook gives me errors. This is the error message. It
has these numbers 0X800CCC15 , or 0X8004210A, or 0X8004210B, which these
error messages state that either I did not have enough timeout or look and
see if server name is wrong. All of you have given me these suggestions. no
joy. Thank you very much however.

I went ahead and finally found a section where I can actually get a log of
my Outlook as it is trying to do its thing. It was previously in Article
Q300479. This appears to be a lot of help. Unfortunately, I don't read
Outlookish. :) Any help?

*** Starting First Run (12-10-2005 09:05:53) ***
....HrPreSplashFirstRun called.
....HrPreLogFirstRun called.
....HrPostLogFirstRun called.
...... FCheckFirstRunStatus failed reading machine value "17019"!
....deleting WAB4/UseOutlook because we're using MAPI.
....writing UUID to HKCU.
....setting Primary Client to Outlook.
*** Ending First Run (12-10-2005 09:05:55) ***

Is this pointing to my address book as the culprit? If I can't fix this, I
will just stay with Outlook Express. I have already tried to reinstall
Outlook 2003 x 2. no joy, just headaches. Anyway, thank you all for trying
to assist.

Berto

"Berto" <Albertocarro@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am going to try one more time to get this fixed. My Outlook 2003 has been
>unable to download emails. While it is trying, a small box in the tray
>section shows up and it states that it is trying to synchronize folders.
>After a time out time Outlook gives me errors. This is the error message.
>It has these numbers 0X800CCC15 , or 0X8004210A, or 0X8004210B, which these
>error messages state that either I did not have enough timeout or look and
>see if server name is wrong. All of you have given me these suggestions. no
>joy. Thank you very much however.
>
> I went ahead and finally found a section where I can actually get a log of
> my Outlook as it is trying to do its thing. It was previously in Article
> Q300479. This appears to be a lot of help. Unfortunately, I don't read
> Outlookish. :) Any help?
>

> *** Starting First Run (12-10-2005 09:05:53) ***
> ...HrPreSplashFirstRun called.
> ...HrPreLogFirstRun called.
> ...HrPostLogFirstRun called.
> ..... FCheckFirstRunStatus failed reading machine value "17019"!
> ...deleting WAB4/UseOutlook because we're using MAPI.
> ...writing UUID to HKCU.
> ...setting Primary Client to Outlook.
> *** Ending First Run (12-10-2005 09:05:55) ***
>
> Is this pointing to my address book as the culprit? If I can't fix this, I
> will just stay with Outlook Express. I have already tried to reinstall
> Outlook 2003 x 2. no joy, just headaches. Anyway, thank you all for trying
> to assist.
>
> Berto
Is there anything to above log? do I wipe out outlook address or rename it
so that it can make a new one the next time it opens? Thank you again

Berto

WAMU Download Problems
This past week, everytime I download transactions from Washington Mutual to Money 2004, it says the file is corrupt. I have been on the phone with WAMU and MS, and both state to contact the other group. Any suggestions, outside of MS' recommendation of "reinstall the app"? Try the Super Salvage Utility. That will fix any corruption in your money file. If the problem is in the OFX file downloaded from your FI, then the FI should step up to the plate and address it. Tell the FI Microsoft supplies tools to test OFX Files, and you think they need to do that, refer them ...

How to automatically send a CC: email
Hi, Is it possible to configure Exchage server 2003 to automatically send a CC: copy to a mail recipient everytime an email is sent from someones mailbox? In other words, the manager would like to receive a copy of all emails sent by one of his employees. I know this can be done through rules in outlook, but I wish to perform this function from exchage for a group of users. Thanks in Advance ...

Stop automatically sending meeting requests.
Hi, I've currently got an issue with the calendar. For some unknown reason every time I get a meeting request, my manager also gets one. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to stop it? Thanks, J. And just to clarify, I have removed his name from the delegates tab and the shared calendar. Could it be something to do with his settings? Any pointers would be welcome. Thanks, Paul. it was because he was a delegate. How long ago did you make the change? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? ht...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

Unable to forward attachments
I'm having problems sending (forward) an attachment with Outlook. I can send an attachment if I send a fresh email but when I forward an email that contains an attachment the recipient doesn't get the attachment. My sent items folder shows the attachment was sent. I'm using WinXP and Office XP. I've tried disabling Norton anti virus but that didn't help. I've searched Google and the Outlook newsgroup and found a lot of people with the same or similar problems but so far I've been unable to find any type of fix. Does anybody have any ideas were to look for more inf...

sending email #16
Hi, Since i installed IE7 I have been having trouble with sending emails. I use outlook from office 2003. Receiving is OK and I can create the message OK but it just sits in the outbox and does not respond to the send command. Help please. ErnieH ...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

cant send emails to gmail accounts
if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. it goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never receive it? any help greatly appreciated "maryandliam" <maryandliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E11EF0A0-CDE5-46F4-A0FD-979144D1590D@microsoft.com... > if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. > it > goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never > receive it? any help greatly appreciated If Outlook moves the message to S...

unable to open outlook #4
I have microsoft outook 2002. I can no longer open it. It has hour glass icon and freezes. After ending task it asks to start the outlook program in safe mode. That also failed. Where can get help? Please advice. sp See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "sp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d201c48fe9$bf767560$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have m...

Unable to move messages
Hi, I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. I know its a limitation of OWA. But any workarounds? On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 04:38:01 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. >I know its a limitation of OWA. > >But any workarounds? Only using another application such as Outlook (RPC over HTTPS) ...

How can i stop same data being repeated in a column
I have a list of contract numbers relating to application numbers or payments. they are in the format nnnnnnan or nnnnnnpn. The columns are fixed to this format only. If they are entered with the a or p in the wrong place or if they have been left out completely an error message will appear to alert the user. I want to know how to alert the user if they enter an application or a payment number that has already been entered. ie if they enter 022079a4 but that same application has been entered else where in the column. Hope you can help Ru Hello See Chip Pearson's http://www.cpearson....

Money internal error when I download from bank
Help! was using M04, recently upgraded to M05. After new install was prompted to use MSN passport- realised afterwards I didnt want to. After reinstall and restore from backup, I am now finding that when I download from Royal Bank (Canada) there is an "internal error" and money restarts. It often does this 2 or 3 times on restart, and Ive lost the downlaod data from the bank- Im fed up with having to restart and type entries by hand. Have I a setting wrong somewhere? ...

How do I create an email template?
Running Office 2007 Professional. I think that's what you would call it. I am looking for work and have a Word file that I use as a cover letter. Right now I have to open Word and copy and paste into the email. So what I would like is to open in Outlook an email to send that already has that Word doc in it and then I would just do a little editing and send it off. It would be really cool if I could create an icon for it and put it in the toolbar. I hope I have been clear with my needs and thanks for your time if you have a solution. They tell you how here: http://office.m...

Unable to display the folder. The inbox folder could not be found
I'm new to Exchange. I'm setting up a very small exchange system at home (MSDN), in order to learn a little about it before making the decision to move to it in the office or not. My home server is acting as both a PDC and Exchange Server. All appears to be fine, and I can access my exchange account, while my other half can access her exchange account. However, although I've given myself access to my other-half's inbox (sharing, given my user "Publishing Editor" access to her inbox), when I attempt to open her inbox from Outlook, I receive the message "Unable...

Microsoft Office Word has stopped working 02-03-10
Please help find a fix - Using Microsoft 7 on new Dell XPS 9000 super fast computer...Often when I try to open a Word Doc or start a new one I get "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working; Microsoft is checking for a soluttion" message and later a red circle with a white X "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Sometimes everything works fine, more often it doesn't. Sometimes if I double click I can open a document; sometimes I need to click and then click OPEN to get to the doc and sometimes neither works. I've tried reinstalling....

Where are email account settings stored?
I am using MSOutlook 2002 with a local *.pst file for email storage. Does anyone know where are EMAIL ACCOUNT settings are stored? It's in the registry. Windows NT-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ Windows 9x-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post yo...

Archiving emails #4
When I archive my "sent" emails, I am not able to sort them by who they were sent to. All of them show up as to me. All of my other archived email works well. I am trying to clean up my C drive on my computer. Thanks for the hlep. Double check the view on the folder to make sure that it is set to "Sent To". (e.g. Under Outlook 2007, it is View > Arrange By > Sent To) "pgandeb" <pgandeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63EF027-DB32-4D06-B8C7-45FD2399D6E6@microsoft.com... > When I archive my "sent" emails, I am...

Dates and balances don't change after downloads
I am using Money 2005 and I have five accounts (three bank accounts and two credit card accounts) from which I download financial data. Downloading financial data gives me no problem but the balance and dates of four of the five accounts don't change: they all sit on the same date with the time as midnight and the balance as it was in October or November. How do I fix this? Salvage tells me the files are fine and I'm at a loss. Steven ...

Catastrophic Outlook 2003 problem: 'Unable to load nwnsp.dll'
I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and it gave me an error that bombs me out of Outlook completely. It says that is is unable to load nwnsp.dll. I;ve found this file and put it in various places, but nothing works yet. Neverwired <Neverwired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and it gave me an error that bombs me > out of Outlook completely. It says that is is unable to load > nwnsp.dll. I;ve found this file and put it in various places, but > nothing works yet. That's the Lotus Notes MAPI service provider. I don't believe Outlo...

Cannot open document in email because it needs excel. How do I d.
I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. How do I open this document? Fredd Assuming you do not have Excel installed. Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:04:04 -0800, "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. >How do I open this document? fred wrote: > I have inbound email that...

Unable to save .vcf as contacts in address book
I am having problems with Outlook 2000 saving .vcf's as a contact in the address book. I can forward the email to a client with Outlook 2003 and am able to save just fine then. We are running Symantec AV v.9 if that makes any difference. I was unable to find anything about this on the symantec site. Tom Shuee <tshuee@harlan.com> wrote: > I am having problems with Outlook 2000 saving .vcf's as a > contact in the address book. What happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >Tom Shuee <tshuee@harlan.com> wrote: > >> I a...

Email activation
I have been using outlook express for my email program. i am buying a new compuer and won't, I am told, be able to use it anymore. I have tried shifting to Outlook, but when I try to send an email, I get a message that says something about "No Transport Porvider". I am using Office 2000 and am on cable with comcast. Any help would be much appreciated. gg wrote: > I have been using outlook express for my email program. i am buying a new > compuer and won't, I am told, be able to use it anymore. I have tried > shifting to Outlook, but when I try to send a...

Unable to open Dex.Dic
I am running SBF 8.0 My system hung and I had to manually shut it down . Now when I try to get into SBF I get the message in teh subject line. Do I have to re install? ...

emails won't get delivered outside of network
My emails lock up Outlook 2000 when trying to send out of the network. Intra-network emails still work. I still receive emails from outside. But emails get stuck in my Outbox. I can only delete the emnails by ogging off the network, retarting the computer and deleting the message. Please give me your thoughts, Thanks ...

Transferring email account from Outlook Express to Outlook
I have transferred by main BT email account from OE to Outlook with no difficulty. However, a subsidiary account that I use will not be accessed. I have added it to the accounts list and checked all settings. I have removed it from Outlook Express. When I run the Test Account option, all seems well, but when I send a message to myself at that account it appears to send successfully, but cannot be received. Any suggestions? What SMTP server are you sending through? Primary or secondary? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...