Unable to display the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.

I have been unable to get Outlook Today to display when I open Outlook 2003.
I get the following message when I start Outlook 2003, "Unable to display
the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or
programs and try again." However, I only have Outlook 2003 running and no
other program is loaded. This also happens when I first start my computer
and load Outlook 2003 first. Any suggestions on how to remedy this and
restore Outlook Today?

0
91hsjs94 (6)

Does it work if you start in safe mode?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"HaroldSJS" <91hsjs94@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have been unable to get Outlook Today to display when I open Outlook
> 2003. I get the following message when I start Outlook 2003, "Unable to
> display the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows
> or programs and try again." However, I only have Outlook 2003 running and
> no other program is loaded. This also happens when I first start my
> computer and load Outlook 2003 first. Any suggestions on how to remedy
> this and restore Outlook Today?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/7/2009 2:11:39 PM
Hi, HaroldSJS.

 HaroldSJS ha scritto:
> I have been unable to get Outlook Today to display when I open
> Outlook 2003. I get the following message when I start Outlook 2003,
> "Unable to display the folder. Out of memory or system resources.
> Close some windows or programs and try again." However, I only have
> Outlook 2003 running and no other program is loaded. This also
> happens when I first start my computer and load Outlook 2003 first.
> Any suggestions on how to remedy this and restore Outlook Today?

Please, avoid to crosspost to all newsgroups of Outlook you can find.
Consider also that "microsoft.public.it.office.outlook" is intended for
Italian language support (IT stands for ITALIAN), and
"microsoft.public.pt.outlook" is for Portuguese language (PT = PORTUGAL).

Thank you in advance for your collaboration.
Regards
Roberto

--
Roberto Restelli
Microsoft MVP - Office Systems - Outlook

Yes It does work when I start Outlook 2003 in safe mode. Now what?
> Does it work if you start in safe mode?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
>
> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "HaroldSJS" <91hsjs94@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have been unable to get Outlook Today to display when I open Outlook
>> 2003. I get the following message when I start Outlook 2003, "Unable to
>> display the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows
>> or programs and try again." However, I only have Outlook 2003 running and
>> no other program is loaded. This also happens when I first start my
>> computer and load Outlook 2003 first. Any suggestions on how to remedy
>> this and restore Outlook Today?

0
91hsjs94 (6)
5/7/2009 3:16:51 PM
That means something - possibly and add-in - is interfering with it.   What
addins are installed? Look in Tools, Options, other, advanced, add-in.

Also, while in safe mode, go into the properties for Outlook Today and
reset - right click on the folder, choose properties, then folder homepage
tab.

--

> Yes It does work when I start Outlook 2003 in safe mode. Now what?
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Does it work if you start in safe mode?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "HaroldSJS" <91hsjs94@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I have been unable to get Outlook Today to display when I open Outlook
>>> 2003. I get the following message when I start Outlook 2003, "Unable to
>>> display the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some
>>> windows or programs and try again." However, I only have Outlook 2003
>>> running and no other program is loaded. This also happens when I first
>>> start my computer and load Outlook 2003 first. Any suggestions on how to
>>> remedy this and restore Outlook Today?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Euro Display Not working in Form
I have an Access 2003 Client linked to a SQL Server DB (2005). When I change a text box to format as Euro it never displays as Euro, only the number. I've tried Currency Type in SQL Server, Decimal, Numeric, etc.. What Am I doing wrongly? ...

Windows update just does not find any patches for windows
I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc advisor and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. RonRPh wrote: > I run windows update but no patches ever show up for windows. Belarc > advisor > and It.shavlik both say that I am missing critical and regular patches. > Any > thoughts ...

Unable to open calendar

hide window from task bar
if I create a window using CreateEx, how can I prevent the window from showing up on the task bar? Thanks, Mark Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is here: http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp --- Ajay thanks! I'm new to MFC... Cheers, Mark "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > Use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW extended style in your window. Another option is > here: > > http://www.codeproject.com/docview/notaskbaricon.asp > > --- > Ajay > > Welcome to MFC Mark. I think you'll find that MFC will help you create grea...

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

CRM/Outlook crashes when trying to remote
this works well for most of our users. The handful that are having problems have the following errors in the application event log: 1.) The description for Event ID ( 5972 ) in Source ( MSCRMAddin ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 80131509, , CEmailTagger::Run, 343. 2.) The description for Event ID ( 5909 ) in Source (...

unable to scroll the page

Yamaha Home Theater Speaker Systems
Yamaha NS-SP1800BL 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker Package Price:$199.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001AVRD62 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001AVRD62 Yamaha NS-SP5800BL 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker Package Price:$279.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001BFDE92 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001BFDE92 Yamaha NS-C125PN 2-Way Bass Reflex Center Channel Speaker System (Piano Black) Price:$129.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000MT7RXM Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000MT7RXM Ya...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Display apostrophe in Combo Box
I have a combo box which displays the employee names from a table. Users select an entry to "reassign" a unit of work to another individual. There are several employees with apostrophies in their name. The name appears without the apostrophe in the combo box, so when work is reassigned, it displays the name differently than when updated from any other process. Example: Audit trail updates show the individual as "O'Connor" but updates using the combo box show "OConnor". Is there any way, without using code to load the combox, to display the correct name...

Can not remove Public Folder Store in Front End Server
Hello, When trying to delete a PF Store in a new FE server you get the error: "... Can't ...contains replicas ... move to another server ..." Selecting 'move all replicas' and waiting a day doesn't help. Dismounting the Store, and deleting the edb and stm files and remounting to delete doesn't work. No Mailbox Databases point to this PF Store, I changed the Mailbox Database PF 'affinity' to another BE Server. I've setup 5+ FE servers over the years, so not my first shot at this. But, it is the first time I've done it since SP2 was out...

Outlook doesn't close --> WMS Idle
From time to time in recent weeks, when I log out of Windows XP Pro (SP1 with all updates) I get an "End Program" error on "WMS Idle", with the system indicating it can't shut down WMS Idle. Whenever this occurs (it happens only intermitently), Task Manager shows that the OUTLOOK.EXE process is still running. However, the Outlook 2002 application (SP2 with all updates) has been closed. There are no other system symptoms or problems whatsoever and the only software updates done for many months are Windows and McAfee updates. Is anyone aware of a Windows update...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

Unable to conect

Personal Folders #2
Hi, I really need some help........... I made a personal folder and always put my emails in seperate sub-folders after I read them. We have to keep our inbox fairly small or the server statrts yelling at us. PROBLEM! My personal folder is now just over 2gig in size. Outlook 2000 won't let me access the file. It says there is an error and to use the inbox scan to fix it. I use SCANPST.EXE, but even it comes up with a error. Is there a 3rd party program that will let me access this file? Maybe I can go in and delete some things to get it below the 2gig limit. Please email m...

Windows 2003 server SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindow
Hi all, I'm trying to use this functions (SetForegroundWindow|BringWindowToTop|SetWindowPos) on Windows 2003 server, but it is working when I have a Administrator level and when I try the sameprogam with the operator level I have an exception like <Impossible to run this information from the remote pc>. I tryed the same program on Window XP with the operator level and it is working. Somebody knows why ? I'm looking forward to receiving an answer soon possible. BR lolo An exception sounds surprising; none of those APIs are specified as throwing an exception. You would...

Public folder favorite disappears
Hi. We are using Outlook 2003 sp 3 and Exchange 2003 sp1. One of our users adds subfolders of a public folder to her public folder favorites, but after a short period (10minutes - 1 day) the folder disappears from her public folder favorite list. When she adds it again, the same thing happens. I am lost as to why this keeps happening. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help. J. Huber I have not encountered this, however, the public folder favorites are stored in the OST/PST file. Knowing this, I would guess that the problem lies in the synchronization of the pub...

my background image display
How do I get my background image to display properly? I can not find anywhere in Frontpage to address this. http://caroline407.com/ Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you What do you mean by "properly"? A background image will either tile (repeat accross and down the page) to fill a space larger than the image, or will cut off the area to the right and bottom to fill a smaller space. The image will _not_ shrink or stretch. Use CSS to place the iamge on the page: In the head of the page in code view, add <style type="text/css"> body {ba...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

How can I display hundreths of seconds?
I'm trying to design a speadsheet to display lap times such as 1:26:329 (1 min, 26 secs etc) however I cannot sort the data in order from highest to lowest. I've been inputing the data as 1.26239. This s OK to sort frm Highest to Lowest but when you graph it there is a massiv gap beween 1.59960 (1.59.960) and 2.00765 (2.00.765) and there shouldn't be. I need Excel to recognize hundreths of seconds Please help D The way you're entering the data, you don't have seconds or fractions of seconds at all. You have minutes and (decimal) fractions of minutes. 1.59960, ...