Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)

I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather
laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate
folders etc.
Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders
because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings
\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be
accessed. The file does not exist.
I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP
server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to
stop it from happening again?
0
hll (3)

Is this all on a Mac?  If yes, then you might get better and faster results
by posting in microsoft.public.outlook.mac.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Heidi Linda eMVP <hll@bts.co.uk> asked:

| I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather
| laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in
| separate folders etc.
| Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders
| because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings
| \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot
| be accessed. The file does not exist.
| I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP
| server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how
| to stop it from happening again?

0
MillyS1 (1480)
12/15/2003 11:08:56 PM
In article <OlHYrB2wDHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, MillyS@mvps.org
says...
> Is this all on a Mac?  If yes, then you might get better and faster results
> by posting in microsoft.public.outlook.mac.

Why would I transfer my mail *from* a mac to a mac? This is on the PC I
bought saturday and which at this rate is going back next saturday.
0
hll (3)
12/15/2003 11:40:00 PM
Heidi Linda eMVP <hll@bts.co.uk> wrote:

> I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather
> laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in
> separate folders etc.

Transferred them to where?  If they were IMAP, they were not on your Mac in
the first place.  If there were on your Mac and you placed them on an IMAP
server, then just connect to that server with your PC using an IMAP account
and they'll all be there in the same folders you saw on the Mac.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Euro Display Not working in Form
I have an Access 2003 Client linked to a SQL Server DB (2005). When I change a text box to format as Euro it never displays as Euro, only the number. I've tried Currency Type in SQL Server, Decimal, Numeric, etc.. What Am I doing wrongly? ...

mail flow count
Hi everybody, Are you guys aware of a tool that counts all the incoming/outgoing e-mails for an Exchange organization? It will probably count all the e-mails from the transition logs or from the Message Tracking logs. Thanks, Sorin The products usually recommended are Promodag Reports and Quest MessageStats, although if you want to do something for free, try LogParser (www.logparser.com) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "SorinD" <SorinD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75FF3408-E4FA-4E...

Unable to open calendar

Lost Meeting after Synchronisation
Hi Today I had the following situation: I lost a meeting in outlook. I looked at the CRM account which I've set as regarding in the meeting. The meeting was still there, saved in CRM, but not visible in my Outlook. So there must have been a error with the synchronisation. I found something: Since I am registrated in the CRM as both an user and contact, CRM maybe didn't know which record to take. Because at the meeting there's a field called "planer". Normally this field only accepts Users. But in my case, it was my contact record! I think that's why my meeti...

Mail Box Size #2
Hi All, I have a user with a 6 gig + mailbox. We are using Exchange 2003 (enterprise) and Outlook 2003. He is now experiancing problems with the program running like a slug. It doesn't appear to be locking up, just taking for ever to do everything. He claims it was fine until front page crashed, which took the computer down (needing a re-boot) and outlook hasnt' worked right since. So what I have done, is delete the profile and recreate, appear to work for me, but now is locked up again. The auto archive does not appear to removing items from the mailbox. Does anyone hav...

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

Lost everything
Version: Older version Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop I am a novice. I shouldn't have given in to temptation (when I received the email from the Microsoft MAC Team) and agreed to a 60 day free trial of ENTOURAGE X as don't know where to go from here. <br><br>I thought I was getting a long awaited version of Entourage, but then saw, as it was downloading, it was going to take 24 hours! I finally managed to stop the downloading by trashing every sign of it - so now have NOTHING. <br><br>Have a lost my original ENTOURAGE forever, wit...

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Display apostrophe in Combo Box
I have a combo box which displays the employee names from a table. Users select an entry to "reassign" a unit of work to another individual. There are several employees with apostrophies in their name. The name appears without the apostrophe in the combo box, so when work is reassigned, it displays the name differently than when updated from any other process. Example: Audit trail updates show the individual as "O'Connor" but updates using the combo box show "OConnor". Is there any way, without using code to load the combox, to display the correct name...

Can not remove Public Folder Store in Front End Server
Hello, When trying to delete a PF Store in a new FE server you get the error: "... Can't ...contains replicas ... move to another server ..." Selecting 'move all replicas' and waiting a day doesn't help. Dismounting the Store, and deleting the edb and stm files and remounting to delete doesn't work. No Mailbox Databases point to this PF Store, I changed the Mailbox Database PF 'affinity' to another BE Server. I've setup 5+ FE servers over the years, so not my first shot at this. But, it is the first time I've done it since SP2 was out...

Outlook 2002
I am having an intermittant problem. I send e-mails, most of which go through, but many times they don't, even though they are in my sent mail. I have the program set to give me a delivery receipt and I don't get it when they don't go through. I'm in XP. Any help? Thanks ...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

Unable to conect

Personal Folders #2
Hi, I really need some help........... I made a personal folder and always put my emails in seperate sub-folders after I read them. We have to keep our inbox fairly small or the server statrts yelling at us. PROBLEM! My personal folder is now just over 2gig in size. Outlook 2000 won't let me access the file. It says there is an error and to use the inbox scan to fix it. I use SCANPST.EXE, but even it comes up with a error. Is there a 3rd party program that will let me access this file? Maybe I can go in and delete some things to get it below the 2gig limit. Please email m...

Public folder favorite disappears
Hi. We are using Outlook 2003 sp 3 and Exchange 2003 sp1. One of our users adds subfolders of a public folder to her public folder favorites, but after a short period (10minutes - 1 day) the folder disappears from her public folder favorite list. When she adds it again, the same thing happens. I am lost as to why this keeps happening. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help. J. Huber I have not encountered this, however, the public folder favorites are stored in the OST/PST file. Knowing this, I would guess that the problem lies in the synchronization of the pub...

my background image display
How do I get my background image to display properly? I can not find anywhere in Frontpage to address this. http://caroline407.com/ Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you What do you mean by "properly"? A background image will either tile (repeat accross and down the page) to fill a space larger than the image, or will cut off the area to the right and bottom to fill a smaller space. The image will _not_ shrink or stretch. Use CSS to place the iamge on the page: In the head of the page in code view, add <style type="text/css"> body {ba...

E2K3: System Manager Public Folder Admin authentication dialogues
I am in the process of moving from an Exchange 2000 server to 2003. The 2003 server is up and running and part of my clients are on the new box. I used the PFMigrate tool to add replicas of the eixsting E2K public folders to the E2K3 server and it's working great. However, when I go to adminster the public folders (for replication settings, etc) in System Manager on the E2K3 server, it prompts me for authentication on each and every subfolder :-( My authentication is valid and works - but it always prompts me for it. If I Choose "Connect to:" and select the E2K server ins...

How can I display hundreths of seconds?
I'm trying to design a speadsheet to display lap times such as 1:26:329 (1 min, 26 secs etc) however I cannot sort the data in order from highest to lowest. I've been inputing the data as 1.26239. This s OK to sort frm Highest to Lowest but when you graph it there is a massiv gap beween 1.59960 (1.59.960) and 2.00765 (2.00.765) and there shouldn't be. I need Excel to recognize hundreths of seconds Please help D The way you're entering the data, you don't have seconds or fractions of seconds at all. You have minutes and (decimal) fractions of minutes. 1.59960, ...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node