Unable to create or send messages in Microsoft Outlook

Somehow I'm unable to create or send messages in Microsoft Outlook.
The message window disappears off the desktop once I open it,
eventhough I see that I have it open on the taskbar.   Any advice or
even a temporary workaround solution so I can respond to emails?
Tried rebooting the computer and it didn't help.  There is no error
message and nothing out of the ordinary was done prior to this
happening.  The computer is using Windows 2000 I think and Microsoft
Office 2003 is installed I think.  I've tried searching google but no
luck yet.
0
Bali

Are you using dual monitors?  Have you tried changing your screen resolution
(Control Panel | Display if I recall correctly in Windows 2000) to something
else and see if that reveals your message inspector?

Have you tried minimizing all of the other windows in case it's behind them?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Bali" <bali7340@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Somehow I'm unable to create or send messages in Microsoft Outlook.
> The message window disappears off the desktop once I open it,
> eventhough I see that I have it open on the taskbar.   Any advice or
> even a temporary workaround solution so I can respond to emails?
> Tried rebooting the computer and it didn't help.  There is no error
> message and nothing out of the ordinary was done prior to this
> happening.  The computer is using Windows 2000 I think and Microsoft
> Office 2003 is installed I think.  I've tried searching google but no
> luck yet.

0
Ben
3/17/2010 8:15:58 AM
Can you see it if you right click on it and choose maximize? If so, its off
screen. Right click on the task bar - is tile or cascade an option? Choose
one and it will bring the window on screen.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Bali" <bali7340@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Somehow I'm unable to create or send messages in Microsoft Outlook.
> The message window disappears off the desktop once I open it,
> eventhough I see that I have it open on the taskbar.   Any advice or
> even a temporary workaround solution so I can respond to emails?
> Tried rebooting the computer and it didn't help.  There is no error
> message and nothing out of the ordinary was done prior to this
> happening.  The computer is using Windows 2000 I think and Microsoft
> Office 2003 is installed I think.  I've tried searching google but no
> luck yet.

0
Diane

Cannot open assigned task in Outlook 2003
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 on a 2000 Professional PC. When a co-worker creates and assigns me a task, it comes into my Inbox and I can see it in my preview pane, but I cannot open it when I double-click it and I cannot accept or decline it thru the preview pane. My co-worker has Outlook 2002 and has no problem opening and accepting tasks from me. By the way....when I attempt to open it, absolutely nothing happens that I can see....no error, no change of screens. Thanks, Robert Shurtleff ...

Creating a window problem
I don't understand why this code not compiled. I don't see any mistake. Will thankful for help. //MainWin.cpp #include <afxwin.h> #include "MainWin.h" CMainWin :: CMainWin() { Create(NULL, "Mr.Typer", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW); } class CMainWinApp : public CWinApp { public: BOOL InitInstance() { m_pMainWnd = new CMainWin; m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); return TRUE; } }mainwinApp; The "create" you call in ...

How To Create Recovery Partition On Hard Drive
Hi: I have somehow in the process of cloning my hard drive wiped out the Recovery Partition on a Sony VGC-RA716G desktop running XP (MCE2005) SP3. Hard drive is a Western Digital WDC WD2500BB 250 GB. I have the Sony Recovery DVD's so is there someway I can use them to create the Recovery Partition back on the HD? If so, would you please post detail instructions. Thanks, ColTom2 "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:0F5677CE-4A69-481D-BDE2-DEA1DD83022D@microsoft.com... > Hi: > > I have somehow in the pro...

Outlook Freezing #2
Hi I am migrating users from one exchange server account to a new exchange server. I have one user who is running Windows 2000 with Office 2000 SR-1. He is connecting using VPN. We removed his old exchange account and added the new account, when Outlook is opened all of his new e-mails appear in the inbox, however the application locks up and does not recover. Any idea's on why this might be occuring? Thanks! ...

Outlook crashing with v3c installed
Hi All Outlook is crashing as mentioned in article KB931270 except with outlook 2007. The supposed fix is part of KB925874 however I am not in one of the affected time zones and the fix is quite intensive meaning updates to Windows, Exchange, CRM Server and Client machines. Can anyone suggest whether I should install the patches in this situation? Ian ------=_NextPart_0001_7CA384A5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Ian, You can still get the hotfix separately. Normally a support incident is free if it is for a hotfix. So, you could open a support incide...

I need a list of command line switches for Microsoft WORD.
I am using a Shell command to execute Microsoft WORD 2003. I need to halt execution of VBA code until WORD finishes it's task. Is there a command line switch for WORD to cause it to pause the VBA function until it is finished? Is there a VBA command to pause execution of code until WORD finishes? Thanks. I am pretty sure the answer to your specific question is "No". If you tell us exactly what you are doing, including from where the Shell command is being executed, maybe we can suggest another way that will overcome the problem. -- Hope this helps. Please r...

Bad
Yesterday, I asked this over on the m.p.outlook.general group and despite there being 170+ new messages there today, none was a reply to my question. Not even a "must be a user error" type answer. So I'm asking here too. I have searched both Google and the msnews. groups and have seen a few others ask similar questions, but have not yet found an answer. My situation is as follows: OL 2003 Imap server Preview Pane is OFF View is set to IMAP Hide marked for Deletion There are no rules to delete any messages whatsoever - there is in fact, only 1 rule, which looks for ...

Can't convert unsigned int to void * error message
Dear : i have the following code : CStdioFile file("C:\\report.txt",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); file.WriteString("My infor"); SetFilePointer(file.m_hFile,NULL,NULL,FILE_END);// the Compiler issued error said : E:\Private\Files\Dlg.cpp(321) : error C2664: 'SetFilePointer' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'unsigned int' to 'void *' file.close(); Why? this error generated in Visual Stdion 6 , the same code implemented in Visual Stdio 7 (Visual C++.NET ) run without errors .!!!!! what cause the problem? Regards Raed Sawalha wrote: >...

Outlook across firewall #3
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

Unable to open calendar

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

Outlook Public Folder Helpdesk Form
Does anyone happen to have an IT Helpdesk form for Outlook that I can use in my public folders? Or does anyone know where I might find one or some? I know I can create one of my own, but it's just one more thing that's going to vacuum up time that I really don't have time to generate... Thanks, -David ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- There's a stack of forms lis...

Outlook Express 6 Language Option
I am running XP SP3 and have just installed Office 2007 Home and Student edition. Since doing this the spell checker in Outlook Express has started to spellcheck in FRENCH. Tools/Options/Spelling shows the Language as French but the drop down meue has no alternatives. Any ideas how I get it back to English? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, 2003 & 2007 from the Office family for PCs. For Outlook Express [OE] support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexp...

When sending doc in publisher 2007 the task bar is also shown
When I send an email re a document in publisher the recipient opens the doc and the task bar is also displayed along with the document it self. I want the viewer to view the document and not the task bar associated with it On Thu, 8 May 2008 20:11:01 -0700, Dean.C <Dean.C @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send an email re a document in publisher the recipient opens the doc >and the task bar is also displayed along with the document it self. I want >the viewer to view the document and not the task bar associated with it That's under the control of the recipien...

How to create a menu bar and distribute?
I have 5 different Time-Off Requests which are published in the Organizational Forms Library and I need to create a menu bar with these forms in it for a certain department. Any ideas? E2k7/OL2k3 & OL2k7 Penny ...

Create filtered dataset from XML file?
I need to create a Dataset and datatable from an XML file. The only way I know how to make a Dataset and Datatable, is by using an Access database as my datastore: You know, the usual thing in all the books; an OleDbDataAdapter, with a SQL string and connection. How can I do this using an XML file instead of an Access table? I know I can convert an XML file straight into a Dataset. But the dataset always contains ALL the info from the XML file. I want the dataset to be filtered by using some sort of query. A couple years ago I hurt my brain figuring out Xpath. Boy, i'm just not mea...

How to create this chart?
I have the following three columns: - ticker symbol - stock returns - number of days held I've created a chart that displays the return and days held for each stock. I've done this in a vertical bar chart. The dollar return is on the Y axis. Returns are blue bars with days held in red next to its respective return. The X asix displays points. It goes from 0 to 85. I'm not sure what this is. Can some explain the meaning of points? Should I have done something different for the X axis? I'd like the bar chart display. I'd also like a horizontal line to go from the to...

how do i create a list from a cell?
Instead of typing 20 product models in a cel like this a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h,... i see someone create a list from a cell, so once you select that cell, the formular bar will show a list of products like this: a b c d e .... Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AT" <AT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A7B8AC87-0D1F-4797-8EE4-08CD6F73DBAB@microsoft.com... > Instead of typing 20 product models in a cel like this a, b, c, d, e, f, &g...

Outlook Email #12
I am hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am trying to use Outlook as my email server through Comcast. It initially worked. Now my emails no longer come to Outlook, but stay at the Comcast Webmail. As far as I can tell, I have everything configured correctly in Outlook. Any ideas why this is not working? Ann Nope - have you tried looking at your account settings as laid out by Comcast on their website? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my per...

Can Outlook 2003 cached mode handle additional mailboxes?
Outlook 2003 cached mode can handle my personal mailbox plus those public folders I designate as favourites. But suppose I have access to additional mailboxes that I would like to peruse while offline, e.g. a mailbox that receives support mail for my organisation, and is shared by several people. Can I then mark that mailbox for cached mode as well, and how? I have searched in MSDN, Google, and of course inside Outlook. I haven't found anything positive, but neither have I seen a statement that this is not possible. In hope, Jan Reher ...

how do i create a button within a spreadsheet
I want to create some buttons within the spreadsheet so that i can select a cell then hit the button and highlight the selected cell a certian color Brian, there is one on the formatting tool bar already, looks like a paint can, fill color, will that work? If not you could use a macro something like this and assign it to a button, view, toolbars, forms, click on the button then click on your sheet, assign the macro to it Sub Color_Yellow() With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid End With End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying some...

Phone Message
I have seen that there is a way to setup a Phone message in Outlook, so users do not have to send an email, or give someone a sticky yellow note. I want to setup While you were out, I know this can be done in Novell's groupWise. How do u do it in Outlook, within a Workgroup? I just want clear defined instructions, as when I search I get numerous posts about this, regarding Office 97 file that u can download. But I want to set this up in Outlook 2002, with a toolbar button so people can send each other Phone messages to say who has called, to their POP3 mail. Please help Ta L...

Some CRM Appointments not synching in outlook
Hi, I have a situation where some CRM appointments are not synching in outlook. They users are the owners of the appointments, and they are able to sync other appointments fine. Any ideas? Hi Sophie, For the appointments that don't sync, is the user also one of the 'Required' resources in the Appointment record? "SophieK" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a situation where some CRM appointments are not synching in outlook. > They users are the owners of the appointments, and they are able to sync > other appointments fine. > > Any ideas? Hi Shafra...