Unable to create data file

I'm running Outlook 2002 SP-2. Sometimes when I want to
create a .pst file, I get the message box "Unable to
create data file". There is no message number or any
other identifiable (searchable) information in the text
box. I can sometimes get around this problem by shutting
down Outlook and restarting, or launching some other
applications (such as Explorer); suddenly the problem
disappears and there is no problem in creating a new data
file (FILE/NEW/OUTLOOK DATA FILE). There is plenty of
disk space available.

Any clue as to why this problem sometimes arises?
0
anonymous (74720)

Cannot open files from an earlier version ?
I have been trying to open documents written in Publisher, but keep coming with the following message, "Cannot open files from earlier version ". I have Publisher 2000, is there a way of finding out which version of Publisher was the document written in, plus is there a viewer available to look into the document, whatever the version may be. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Are these Publisher files you are trying to open from an earlier version? Do you have that garbage troublesome junk Symantec Norton antivirus software installed? What version of windows are you u...

CRM Data Migration utility does NOT support SQL 2008
Currently the CRM Data Migration utility does NOT support SQL 2008. People want to go that way now. What is the projected date of a version that works in SQL 2008? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

Creating a window problem
I don't understand why this code not compiled. I don't see any mistake. Will thankful for help. //MainWin.cpp #include <afxwin.h> #include "MainWin.h" CMainWin :: CMainWin() { Create(NULL, "Mr.Typer", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW); } class CMainWinApp : public CWinApp { public: BOOL InitInstance() { m_pMainWnd = new CMainWin; m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); return TRUE; } }mainwinApp; The "create" you call in ...

Excel 2002 Print File Properties
Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting the file? Hi what properties do you want to print (and where: header/footer or a cell)? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ateniense1 wrote: > Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting > the file? Hi you may use the following function (put this in a standard module): Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Funct...

How To Create Recovery Partition On Hard Drive
Hi: I have somehow in the process of cloning my hard drive wiped out the Recovery Partition on a Sony VGC-RA716G desktop running XP (MCE2005) SP3. Hard drive is a Western Digital WDC WD2500BB 250 GB. I have the Sony Recovery DVD's so is there someway I can use them to create the Recovery Partition back on the HD? If so, would you please post detail instructions. Thanks, ColTom2 "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:0F5677CE-4A69-481D-BDE2-DEA1DD83022D@microsoft.com... > Hi: > > I have somehow in the pro...

Exchange restore and recent file
Hello, I make an exchange Restoration from my exchange 2000 (SP3) server and i use "setup.exe /disasterrecovery" from the exchange CD-ROM.. The trouble is that it ask me for some file : " the target file is more recent that the source file, would you keep your file ? yes - no- no for all.. I don't know what to do ? because i will update to the exchnage SP3 after...and install the POST SP3 Rollup too ... Is there an exchange tool or a command that control and says if exchange works fine or not ??? for me to control after my restore.. Thanks for helping me... You can safe...

Can't sync DRM files on MP3 player
Is use WMP 11 since a while to sync downloaded music files from napster to my MP3 player (so it can play DRM files). But for some reason i now get a sync problem in WMP "C00D1236 - cannot sync the file? This problem only occurs with DRM files although i also can play those files with WMP 11 ?! ...

Unable to open calendar

How to create a menu bar and distribute?
I have 5 different Time-Off Requests which are published in the Organizational Forms Library and I need to create a menu bar with these forms in it for a certain department. Any ideas? E2k7/OL2k3 & OL2k7 Penny ...

Gather data from several workbooks.
Hello all, I know this is probably an easy fix, but I'm at a loss as to how to do it. I've copied the two Macro's in question at the bottom of this email. I have a number of (Source) spreadsheets/workbooks and they all have a tab called "today". I have a separate (Destination) spreadsheet/workbook with a macro (primarily written by Nikos Yannacopoulos from this newsgroup) called Process_All_Workbooks. That spreadsheet/workbook is called "Update". The Process_All_Workbooks Macro will call another macro and run it on all spreadsheets/workbooks in a folder ...

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

Create filtered dataset from XML file?
I need to create a Dataset and datatable from an XML file. The only way I know how to make a Dataset and Datatable, is by using an Access database as my datastore: You know, the usual thing in all the books; an OleDbDataAdapter, with a SQL string and connection. How can I do this using an XML file instead of an Access table? I know I can convert an XML file straight into a Dataset. But the dataset always contains ALL the info from the XML file. I want the dataset to be filtered by using some sort of query. A couple years ago I hurt my brain figuring out Xpath. Boy, i'm just not mea...

How to create this chart?
I have the following three columns: - ticker symbol - stock returns - number of days held I've created a chart that displays the return and days held for each stock. I've done this in a vertical bar chart. The dollar return is on the Y axis. Returns are blue bars with days held in red next to its respective return. The X asix displays points. It goes from 0 to 85. I'm not sure what this is. Can some explain the meaning of points? Should I have done something different for the X axis? I'd like the bar chart display. I'd also like a horizontal line to go from the to...

Need to read PAR PORT data bits URGENT
I have never read a parallel port in MFC yet. I need to read the input data on the port tonight for a dog and pony tomorrow. I tried the CParallelPort class but it didn't build and seems more than I really needed.. I am just reading the state of the bits as there is a rotary switch connected to them.. ANy links or methods.. AM I missing the obvious? Thanks again all. Nappy First, using the parallel port for anything is intrinsically dangerous. The standard parallel port driver does not support reading from it. (Besides, modern machines don't have parallel ports). You wil...

how do i create a list from a cell?
Instead of typing 20 product models in a cel like this a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h,... i see someone create a list from a cell, so once you select that cell, the formular bar will show a list of products like this: a b c d e .... Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AT" <AT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A7B8AC87-0D1F-4797-8EE4-08CD6F73DBAB@microsoft.com... > Instead of typing 20 product models in a cel like this a, b, c, d, e, f, &g...

Drop down menu for a cells data
How do I populate 1 cell, say cell F45, with 25 SKU's with descriptions. Then, go back to cell F45, click on the down arrow to show all 25 SKUs, select one of them by clicking it, and ONLY show that SKU with description in cell F45? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html and use VLOOKUP for getting the description >-----Original Message----- >How do I populate 1 cell, say cell F45, with 25 SKU's >with descriptions. Then, go back to cell F45, click on >the down arrow to show all 25 SKUs, select one of them by >clicking it, and ONLY show that SKU w...

how do i create a button within a spreadsheet
I want to create some buttons within the spreadsheet so that i can select a cell then hit the button and highlight the selected cell a certian color Brian, there is one on the formatting tool bar already, looks like a paint can, fill color, will that work? If not you could use a macro something like this and assign it to a button, view, toolbars, forms, click on the button then click on your sheet, assign the macro to it Sub Color_Yellow() With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid End With End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying some...

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

will not write file to server
when i try to do save as to my nevell server i get them message file is read only. there is a hot fix for this but i don't know how to get it can someone help thanks pete The MSKB article that discusses this problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];824424 suggests ways to contact MS. I don't know of any other ways. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Clear down data
Hi, We recently created a couple of new companies for one of our companies (V9). Set up the databases and then restored of their other companies into them to get all the static data set-up. Stepped through the procedures from Partnersource re clearing out the transactional data (Article 873857). However there would appear to be still values/history against the tax details - did we miss a step from the document or is there something additional that needs to be done? No aware of having to do this before. Thanks Jean -- JB Tax history is stored in the Tax Amount History table (TX30000) i...

using embedded .xsd vs file based .xsd
I am thinking of embedding my schemas as embedded resources instead of reading it using URI at run-time. I came across some snags while trying to do just that such as, previously unknown to me, XmlValidatingReader.Schemas.Add was using XmlValidatingReader.Resolver to resolve my schemas using the URI method. Resolver property was never set, so the reader simply ignored any external references even though one of the schema explicitly imports the other one. I verified this by removing the referred schema from the schema collection, and the code chugged along fine. But when I changed the code to ...

How do I create charts having non absolute reference values?
Not sure what you're asking. If you want to change an axis so it doesn't begin at zero, double click on it and enter your own scaling parameters. If that's not it, try using TWO sentences to explain what you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "rvboxel" <rvboxel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97BB5A7C-5AD5-4D84-83A1-02E8B96D2FAE@microsoft.com... > ...