unable to create a link in email

hi,
how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my
documents\How to blade.doc

thanks

0
moley_cruz (45)

I really don't know, but even if you could, the recipient couldn't see it.
It's on your computer. The only way is to attach the file to your message. I
would also suggest that your create a PDF so that recipients that don't have
Word can read it. Win2PDF at http://www.win2pdf.com or PrimoPDF at
http://www.primopdf.com
"Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> hi,
> how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my
> documents\How to blade.doc
>
> thanks

0
Chuck
1/27/2005 4:53:39 AM
the file is actually in the recipient's C drive.
any help on how to make the link clickable?

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
> I really don't know, but even if you could, the recipient couldn't see it.
> It's on your computer. The only way is to attach the file to your message.
> would also suggest that your create a PDF so that recipients that don't
have
> Word can read it. Win2PDF at http://www.win2pdf.com or PrimoPDF at
> http://www.primopdf.com
> "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my
> > documents\How to blade.doc
> >
> > thanks

0
Lynn
1/27/2005 9:14:44 AM
You need to prefix it with file://.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> hi,
> how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my
> documents\How to blade.doc
>
> thanks

0
suemvp (4038)
1/27/2005 1:17:22 PM
i tried prefix it with file:// but instead of linking to "C:\my
documents\How to blade.doc"
the link got cut off at "C:\my"

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> You need to prefix it with file://.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my
> > documents\How to blade.doc
> >
> > thanks

0
Lynn
1/27/2005 1:32:35 PM
What format message -- HTML, RTF, plain text? WordMail or the regular
Outlook editor? Outlook version?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message
>i tried prefix it with file:// but instead of linking to "C:\my
> documents\How to blade.doc"
> the link got cut off at "C:\my"
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>> You need to prefix it with file://.
>>
>> --
>> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>> Author of
>>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>>

>> "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> > hi,
>> > how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my
>> > documents\How to blade.doc
>> >
>> > thanks

0
suemvp (4038)
1/27/2005 2:10:36 PM
outlook 2000, regular Outlook editor
tried using html, rtf and plain text. All have the same problem

> What format message -- HTML, RTF, plain text? WordMail or the regular
> Outlook editor? Outlook version?
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message
> >i tried prefix it with file:// but instead of linking to "C:\my
> > documents\How to blade.doc"
> > the link got cut off at "C:\my"
> >
> > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> >> You need to prefix it with file://.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> >> Author of
> >>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
> >>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
> >>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
> >>

> >> "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

0
Lynn
1/27/2005 3:54:26 PM
Since you have spaces in the file name, you'll need to replace those with
%20. The Outlook editor won't do that for you automatically.

In an RTF message, you might also get it to work by enclosing the entire
link in angle brackets <>.

--

> outlook 2000, regular Outlook editor
> tried using html, rtf and plain text. All have the same problem
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
>> What format message -- HTML, RTF, plain text? WordMail or the regular
>> Outlook editor? Outlook version?
>>
>> --
>> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>> Author of
>>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>>

>> "Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message
>> >i tried prefix it with file:// but instead of linking to "C:\my
>> > documents\How to blade.doc"
>> > the link got cut off at "C:\my"
>> >
>> > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message

0
suemvp (4038)
1/27/2005 4:57:33 PM
Lynn <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote:

> the file is actually in the recipient's C drive.
> any help on how to make the link clickable?

file://C:\My%20Documents\How%20to%20blade.doc
--
Brian Tillman
0

disposable email address service?
Is there a disposable email address service that integrates with outlook to some degree so I don't have to log-in via a browser to generate a new address? Plus, after using a web site to generate different addresses, I found it hard to keep track which address was given to whom. Although the service I use allows me to attach a note to each email address, there is no way to quickly view the list of addresses and the notes attached to them. I have to drill down each address to see the note, and doing this over a web site is painfully slow. Google is your friend. -- Milly Staple...

Creating a window problem
I don't understand why this code not compiled. I don't see any mistake. Will thankful for help. //MainWin.cpp #include <afxwin.h> #include "MainWin.h" CMainWin :: CMainWin() { Create(NULL, "Mr.Typer", WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW); } class CMainWinApp : public CWinApp { public: BOOL InitInstance() { m_pMainWnd = new CMainWin; m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); return TRUE; } }mainwinApp; The "create" you call in ...

How do I email AOL members through outlook?
I am now using outlook. My email account is with bellsouth.net. I can email other people but when I email AOL members I get an error message that says " 550 relaying mail to aol.com is not allowed". I've contacted AOL and they told me they have blocked port 25 due to spam and to change my port number to 587. When I did that, I couldn't send emails to anyone. They then told me to contact Bellsouth. I did and Bellsouth said that they do not help with outlook configuration that I would need to contact Microsoft. Thanks in advance! Mary Unfortunately, most ISPs ref...

How To Create Recovery Partition On Hard Drive
Hi: I have somehow in the process of cloning my hard drive wiped out the Recovery Partition on a Sony VGC-RA716G desktop running XP (MCE2005) SP3. Hard drive is a Western Digital WDC WD2500BB 250 GB. I have the Sony Recovery DVD's so is there someway I can use them to create the Recovery Partition back on the HD? If so, would you please post detail instructions. Thanks, ColTom2 "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:0F5677CE-4A69-481D-BDE2-DEA1DD83022D@microsoft.com... > Hi: > > I have somehow in the pro...

Stuck emails
I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How do I delete this email? have you tried a "shift delete"? have you tried deleting it in OWA? are these users running Outlook in cached mode? "Matt Wood" <Matt Wood@discussions.microsoft....

Unable to open calendar

problem of receive email from one domain, but others are fine
Hi, I meet some problem of exchange server, seems i could receive emails from all domains, except one. here is the SMTP log: 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 23, 307, 250, 0, EHLO, -, +hk2k02.tommy.local, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 23, 307, 250, 0, EHLO, -, +hk2k02.tommy.local, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 51, 53, 250, 0, MAIL, -, +FROM:<SRAGHAV@tommyhilfiger.com.hk>, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006...

Office Links
Hello, I have a simple report which has a field which come from a memo field. In the report all is good. All the data appear. However, when i use the OfficeLinks, 'Analyze it with Microsoft Office Excel' and it does the transfer, the memo field gets truncated. Why? Is there a simple fix or do I need to perform an export on the underlying query? Thank you, QB Hi QB, Yes, you will need to export the underlying query: Memo field is truncated when you output a report to excel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294286 While the title of this article includes "in Ac...

How to create a menu bar and distribute?
I have 5 different Time-Off Requests which are published in the Organizational Forms Library and I need to create a menu bar with these forms in it for a certain department. Any ideas? E2k7/OL2k3 & OL2k7 Penny ...

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

Create filtered dataset from XML file?
I need to create a Dataset and datatable from an XML file. The only way I know how to make a Dataset and Datatable, is by using an Access database as my datastore: You know, the usual thing in all the books; an OleDbDataAdapter, with a SQL string and connection. How can I do this using an XML file instead of an Access table? I know I can convert an XML file straight into a Dataset. But the dataset always contains ALL the info from the XML file. I want the dataset to be filtered by using some sort of query. A couple years ago I hurt my brain figuring out Xpath. Boy, i'm just not mea...

How to create this chart?
I have the following three columns: - ticker symbol - stock returns - number of days held I've created a chart that displays the return and days held for each stock. I've done this in a vertical bar chart. The dollar return is on the Y axis. Returns are blue bars with days held in red next to its respective return. The X asix displays points. It goes from 0 to 85. I'm not sure what this is. Can some explain the meaning of points? Should I have done something different for the X axis? I'd like the bar chart display. I'd also like a horizontal line to go from the to...

how do i create a list from a cell?
Instead of typing 20 product models in a cel like this a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h,... i see someone create a list from a cell, so once you select that cell, the formular bar will show a list of products like this: a b c d e .... Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AT" <AT@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A7B8AC87-0D1F-4797-8EE4-08CD6F73DBAB@microsoft.com... > Instead of typing 20 product models in a cel like this a, b, c, d, e, f, &g...

Outlook Email #12
I am hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am trying to use Outlook as my email server through Comcast. It initially worked. Now my emails no longer come to Outlook, but stay at the Comcast Webmail. As far as I can tell, I have everything configured correctly in Outlook. Any ideas why this is not working? Ann Nope - have you tried looking at your account settings as laid out by Comcast on their website? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my per...

how do i create a button within a spreadsheet
I want to create some buttons within the spreadsheet so that i can select a cell then hit the button and highlight the selected cell a certian color Brian, there is one on the formatting tool bar already, looks like a paint can, fill color, will that work? If not you could use a macro something like this and assign it to a button, view, toolbars, forms, click on the button then click on your sheet, assign the macro to it Sub Color_Yellow() With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid End With End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying some...

"Play a selected sound" in "create Rule"
I want to use "create rule' "play a selected sound" to notify me of messages from certain people. Screen is on "Create Rule" & "play a selected sound" is not checked. The box beside "play a selected sound" says "chimes.wav" When I check box for "play a selected sound" & do "Browse" to get to 'Control Panel' 'Sounds and Audio Devices', I get the message: 'The file name, or format 'Control Panel" is not valid. Type the file name and location in the correct format, such as...

How do I create charts having non absolute reference values?
Not sure what you're asking. If you want to change an axis so it doesn't begin at zero, double click on it and enter your own scaling parameters. If that's not it, try using TWO sentences to explain what you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "rvboxel" <rvboxel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97BB5A7C-5AD5-4D84-83A1-02E8B96D2FAE@microsoft.com... > ...

PGP email
I need to provide secure email fr some of my users. I have exchange 2003 stnd. Does anyone have any recommendations? anything in exchange that can do this? ...

Linking SO->MO->PO (GP 9 / Manufacturing)
We do not have consistent supply chains for some of our raw materials and occaisionally use our sales staff to source material. Part of their incentive package is commission on sales of the finished goods that come from the raw materials. Purchased raw material (item number A) on an M/O is consumed on an outsourced step -- that is we create a service P/O for an outside processor to perform certain processes on the material. The finished goods coming back from the processor are received into inventory as item number B. Item B is sold to a customer. At that point we need to ide...

unable to scroll the page

Creating new record types in CRM 3.0 possible?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to create a new record type within CRM 3.0 because although the default CRM record types will be used (like client and business) our current database has all of the information for both in the same database. The idea is to create a 'temp' record type for us to add the database to, and then allow us to go through the database and move/link the information from the 'temp' record type into the correct record type afterwards. Is this at all possible or is there another simple solution to this problem? Thanks Hez Sorry if this question has ...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...