Unable to conect

Hi,

I have set up my  email account to work with aol using the guidlines for
outlook 2002 but it is still unable to connect.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
0
John1063 (943)

John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have set up my  email account to work with aol using the guidlines
> for outlook 2002 but it is still unable to connect.  Any suggestions?

Since you pay AOL for their service, my suggestion is to ask AOL.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Outlook 2003 Unable to open News reader
I had been using this programs newsreader in the past. I have the news menu on my main tool bar between View and GO. When I right click on news it opens a folder called 1033. With a bunch of dll files in it. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've already run through repairing MS office 2003 and also scanned for viruses. OL2K3 Newsreader? I think you mean Outlook express right? -- John C. Harris, MPA JCZ Consulting Services, LLC .. JARAD KNIGHT <JARAD KNIGHT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had been using this programs newsreader in the past. I have the ...

Unable to add in a report
Hi, I need to add the orders based on customer id so in access03 I filter the data field as: =IIf([cust_id]=2;Sum([cust_id]);'') or =IIf([cust_id]=2;count([cust_id]);'') but don't work. Where do I err? TIA Ana Query in SQL05 -> access03 Ana wrote: >I need to add the orders based on customer id so in access03 I filter the >data field as: > >=IIf([cust_id]=2;Sum([cust_id]);'') or > >=IIf([cust_id]=2;count([cust_id]);'') but don't work. You should probably use a separate query to calculate all the totals and use that as t...

Unable to bring back all results from table with query
For a uni assignment we have a designated query that we have to create. But when I run the query, I get one result returned to me. I should have two returned to me, as I have two records in the Problem table. The SQL is:- SELECT Problem.[Problem Number], User.[User ID], User.[User Name], User.[Job Title], User.Email, User.[Telephone No], Asset.[Asset Code No], Problem.[Problem Description], Problem.[Current Activity Log], Problem.[Solution Description] FROM [User] INNER JOIN ((Asset INNER JOIN Problem ON Asset.[Asset Code No] = Problem.[Asset Code No]) INNER JOIN [Contact Log]...

Unable to connect Office 2003 to SBS Exchange 2000
I have two new XPSP2 workstations with Office 2003 but when after configuring them for the Exchange server I get one of three errors: a) on a profile migrated from an existing workstation (whose Office 2000 still works) Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. b) on a new profile using Cached Exchange Mode Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file. c) on a new...

Unable to set a cell's format as currency
I have this code to set a cells format whenever data is entered from a user form. Private Sub TextBox5_Enter() Range("R$25").Value = Round((Range("$m$25").Value + (Range("$n$25").Value)) * (1 + Range("$q$25").Value)) TextBox5.Value = Round((Range("$m$25").Value + (Range("$n$25").Value)) * (1 + Range("$q$25").Value)) Range("R$25").NumberFormat = "_($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* ""-""??_);_(@_)" End Sub It works the first time I use it. The second and each subsequent time I get a ...

Unable to D/L messages w/ corrupt headers
Recently I have been receiving emails to my POP3 server that will not download using Outlook 2002, most likely because the email messages or headers do not conform to required standards or are otherwise corrupted. To remedy the problem, I telnet into my pop3 server and delete the corrupt message, or, more recently, I discovered a web site (mail2web) where I can access my email through the web. Is there any way that I can correct the problem with Outlook 2002, so that I do not have to use telnet or mail2web to access my server and delete the corrupt message? Thanks This is one of the cor...

Unable to delete an email account
I have two AOL email accounts. I want to delete one which has nothing but spam coming to it but I am having alot of trouble in trying to get rid of it. "Bill 345" <Bill 345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1C4D615-7931-4789-BF29-19265D054D50@microsoft.com... >I have two AOL email accounts. I want to delete one which has nothing but > spam coming to it but I am having alot of trouble in trying to get rid of > it. Tools>accounts>select the account>remove, is that what you tried? Please elaborate on "but I am having alot ...

Unable to open .pst file #3
I have a .pst file created by another user with Outlook 2000. After taking off the read-only, and trying to add a personal folders file through the Services in Tools, I get the error "The file C:\Documents and Setting\koellere\Desktop\2ndqtr04.pst is not a personal folders file." The file Properties say "Type of file: Office Data File" and "Opens with: Unknown Application" This particular file originally had multiple nested folders within it when it was created by another user, also using Outlook 2000. The same user created other .pst files, without al...

unable to get the chartobjects property of the worksheet class
Hi everyone, I am very new to EXCEL, please refer to the macro and help if you can. My question is I got an error message "unable to get the chartobjects property of the worksheet class" at the codes ( ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 3").Activate). This recorded macro is just select a range then make a chart out of it. Then cut and paste the chart to another area on the same sheet. I think the error message came when I select and cut the graph. I stuck at I don't know how to get the program return the chartobject property so that I can assign the name to c...

Unable to open Outlook #3
I just loaded Microsoft XP Professional onto my computer. All programs run fine except Outlook. When I try to open outlook a window pops up that says "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open the item. Try again" The only choice is "OK" After clicking on OK, a second window pops up that says "Would you like to open your default File System folder instead?" The choices are "Yes" or "No". Clicking "No" ends the program. Clicking "Yes" takes me to "My Computer". What should I do to open Outl...

Unable to enable password for PST file
Using Outlook 2002 with pop email account and fax receiving system. If I enable password for data file (pst), outlook doesn't prompt me for password on startup. Any ideas? Tom in VT Does Outlook close completely on this machine? Use task manager to verify. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Tom <tsa68@adelphia.net> asked: | Using Outlook 2002 with pop email account and...

Outlook unable to open file attachments
Dear Sirs, We have installed and used outlook 2k3 with no trouble till recently it prompts an error while opening TIF attachments. It prompts " Can't create file: Attach.tif. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check the permission to the folder " Note that we are using .PST for the client, and there's no security settings. Appreciate if you could help us on this matter. - Y - Gekkkz <cryptik@pacific.net.sg> wrote: > We have installed and used outlook 2k3 with no trouble till recently > ...

Unable to Open Excel #2
I have been experiencing a problem over the past couple of days trying to open Excel. I am using Excel 2000. Every time I try to open the application the following message appears: " Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created" When I try to restart the program I still get the same error message. I have also tried to reboot and the same error message occurs. I can see all my excel files when I go into Explorer but I can not open any of the files. Please let me know if anyone has any ...

Outlook 2003: Unable to access IMAP folder
Hi, I've recently updated my WindowsXP prof. with these security updates KB835732, KB828741, KB837001,Q831167 KB837009(Outlook Express) Now Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) is unable to access the IMAP folder. All the IMAP specific settings that I entered in Outlook are correct. Internet connection is established. When I right click on Inbox of the IMAP folder and select IMAP folder... from the menu I get this error: "Connection with server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connect to finish this process." Any ideas how to troubleshoot? TIA Bodo Can you telnet into the...

Outlook 2002-unable to send email now
I've just upgraded to Outlook 2002 and I use internet email accounts with ATT Worldnet. Everything was working correctly with my Accounts in Outlook 2000. After the upgrade, I can receive emails from a pop3 server, but I cannot send emails anymore. I have not changed any settings. When testing the account settings all pass except the "send test e-mail message". Thanks ...

unable to load ActExe.dll
Hello - When I start up Outlook, I receive the following error message: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\ActExe.dll" could not be installed or loaded. It then tells me that this may be resolved through the 'detect and repair' function, which does not fix this. I am running Windows XP and Outlook 2002. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Bob First, thanks for the reply - I did install ACT! 6.0 (contact management software), I apologize, but I typed the file incorrectly - it should have been ActExt.dll. In any case, this file is not on my computer any where...

Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server
Hi, At the end of the installation process we get following error: "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create root business unit. Unknown error (80004000)" I believe it coud be a DNS error. However, all settings seem to be fine. I am installing CRM with an account that has Domain Admin priviledges. However, it seems that the setup can not create the first organizational unit after some basic NT User Groups are created. Anybody had the same problem? Ralf, If you are installing the new 1.2 it cre...

Unable to open PDF file attachments
Summary: - OS: WINDOWS VISTA - EMAIL SERVICE: WINDOWS MAIL - ADOBE READER 9.3.2 - PROBLEM: UNABLE TO OPEN ANY PDF FILE ATTACHMENTS - ATTEMPTS: UNINSTALLED/REINSTALLED ADOBE READER MULTIPLE TIMES : CHECKED FORUMS : pdf. EXTENSION FILES DEFAULT PROGRAM ADOBE READER NEED HELP URGENTLY EMILY Take a look at this.... http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "...

Unable to access sharepoint after domain change
Hi, We have a w2k3 member server with SharePoint 3 that was on a SBS 2003 network. Due to a failed server we had to move it to a new domain under a new SBS 2008 server. Now when we try to access the old sharepoint we get a login prompt. Whatever login we try (old domain accounts and new) it denies us access to the Intranet to retrieve our saved docs. Is there a way to change the permissions on IIS to allow us to access the SharePoint? Thanks in advance, Lyj This is likely not an issue with IIS permissions, but is an issue with your SharePoint credentials themselves. ...

Unable to send new messages. How do I configure?
New computer. Trying to configure Outlook 2003. Can receive, forward, and reply but new messages won't go out. What am I missing? Give me a step-by-step. BeyBedu <BeyBedu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > New computer. Trying to configure Outlook 2003. Can receive, forward, > and reply but new messages won't go out. What am I missing? Give me a > step-by-step. Possible failure to properly authenticate to the outgoing server. To what type of account do you refer? -- Brian Tillman ...

relaying denied--unable to deliver
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 11/3/2003 8:55 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: personxzz on 11/3/2003 8:55 AM 550 5.7.1 <personxzz.com>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [216.233.56.224] ======== greatly appreciate the assistance, dbenson@kdsgroupinc.com ...

Unable to display the folder #3
Hi I'm having a problem with 1 user who keeps getting 'Unable to display the folder' when trying to access a public folder. I'm guessing this is because of a corrupt view so I use \cleanviews to sort them out but it also loses all their custom views. Are there any reasons why this particular users keeps getting corrupt views ? It doesn't seem to happen for any of my other users. Any help much appreciated. Barny Brummell hi barny, i got one kb article which show the same erro for one user you can try this KB 242947 XCLN: Error Message Accessing Public Folder: Una...

Error 20533 (unable to open Database) in Crystal Reports
I am using VB5 with Crystal Reports 3.0 on Win XP computers. This problem occurs on network computers only!! After adding a new database to an existing Envelope Report, I get error 20533 (Unable to open database) on network computers but not on the computer on which the actual reportfile and database reside. If I add a folder (which contains the new database) to the network computers, the report runs just fine. I have researched google but can't find a related problem or answer. This started happening after I upgraded from VB4 to VB5 (VB5 has Crystal 4.6). I have ...

Unable to authenticate after install
I've installed CRM on one of our 2003 servers using a Domain Admin account. We are using SQL 2005 and I selected new website as my installation option. At the end of the installation I let the server reboot. I'm now trying to access CRM for the first time. I've entered http://localhost:5555 at the Start > Run prompt and I get the Windows challenge I would expect. However, I enter my credentials and nothing. Of course after 3 tries I get the cannot authenticate page. I've reran the diagnostics wizard and came up with green checks all the way down the report. F...

Unable display inbox folder under the user's mailbox
We have a user of outlook'97 and we are using win Exchange server 5.5. But this user can not open his Inbox under the mailbox. But he can open the sent items, etc under the mailbox. What should We do ? Thanks and reagrds, Subyantoro@lfdis.com Sounds like it could be a corrupted view. Has the user/you tried starting Outlook with the /cleanviews command line switch? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Subyantoro" <Subyantoro@lfdis.com> wrote in message news:056f01c3d370$97715250$a401280a@phx....